• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Glitch & Secrets Topic

TropicalTaco

Smash Journeyman
Wierd ghost glitch

Easiest thing to do ever.
Go to the event matches and click on any one.
On some you can here strange low sounds and whispers while they're loading.
I know it works on the event match where you have to kill Bowser with Samus before CF does.
You may have to have all 51 event matches, not sure.
Not really a glitch but I don't think it was supposed to be in the game.
So it's not just me then... I wondered if this glitch could've happend to anyone else as well. It is quite odd. On that same event match, I remember hearing a weird, quiet voice in the background as it loaded, and I was like, "What the frick was that?".

I turned up the volume and reloaded it from the event match selection screen, though I don't remember what I heard... I'll mess with it later.

Edit: I just messed with it. The sound itself isn't a glitch. It's sound effect #69 in the "Background" catagory, in Sound Test mode. It's part of the Jungle Japes stage, if you listen very carefully at the beginning of a normal match on that stage, you can hear the voice, followed by the cries of various animals. It's to give Jungle Japes a more jungle-like feel, I guess.

So, yeah, the sound isn't a glitch. However, the fact that it loads before the rest of the event match does, is probably a glitch. Also, I'm still not sure about what the voice was saying. It sounded a lot like "Samus" with a short echo to it...

wuthefwasthat

Smash Ace
The following 'glitch', if it really is one, made me very irritated...

I began using the down throw a LOT of times, at least fifty in succession, ya know, just screwin around. Also using down smashes a lot too...

Then, after I stop using the down throws, I try to use a different directional throw, and it forces me to send them down! Every character was like this, and it occurred during mid-game play. After I turned it off for a while, the effect subsided. Grr...
this is probably because the gamecube registers your controller as automatically holding down. its like how you can set button positions before plugging in the controller.

probably works for any direction/button.

Whats the deal with the enemy taking no knockback/stun (but taking the damage)?. I find it irritating when I lay the hurt on Jigglypuff with a tilt forward from Ganondorf and it does not KO it.

Note: Jigglypuff was using rest as I did this.
phantom hit - no knockback, half damage

Laggypirates

Smash Rookie
Thanks for testing it, drago- Some happy +rep for you.
If it worked, it'd be extremely obvious. When I first noticed it I was fighting against three handicap 8 level 9s and got wasted since they were barely flinching at my attacks. So, pretty obvious. Could someone else test it please? Maybe someone who thinks they have a fairly early copy of SSBM?
If it helps, this happens to me to. It's only DK's down-B (that I've found, fox's throws are off too) against handicap 8 opponents for me but it's definitively not normal, they get hit by it but then barely even go in the air. I've got probably one of the oldest release versions of it from around the GNC's launch.

I don't really post here, just troll and watch videos but I felt like commenting on that while messing around with stuff in this thread.

Bananablob

Smash Rookie
Something fun I took a picture of in camera mode:

1) Use Peach and put both poison and super mushrooms at High
2) Grab a super mushroom and then do her down-B to pick up a raddish
3) Let yourself retyurn to normal size
4) Note that the raddish is still giant!
5) You can optionally grab a poison mushroom so the raddish you're carrying is actually bigger than you

Sometimes she picks up a bob-omb or a laser sword (1 chance over 50 approx.) but it still works. (The pic I took is made with a giant bob-omb..too bad I can't post it)

Linkster47

Smash Apprentice
So it's not just me then... I wondered if this glitch could've happend to anyone else as well. It is quite odd. On that same event match, I remember hearing a weird, quiet voice in the background as it loaded, and I was like, "What the frick was that?".

I turned up the volume and reloaded it from the event match selection screen, though I don't remember what I heard... I'll mess with it later.

Edit: I just messed with it. The sound itself isn't a glitch. It's sound effect #69 in the "Background" catagory, in Sound Test mode. It's part of the Jungle Japes stage, if you listen very carefully at the beginning of a normal match on that stage, you can hear the voice, followed by the cries of various animals. It's to give Jungle Japes a more jungle-like feel, I guess.

So, yeah, the sound isn't a glitch. However, the fact that it loads before the rest of the event match does, is probably a glitch. Also, I'm still not sure about what the voice was saying. It sounded a lot like "Samus" with a short echo to it...
Thanks for figuring that out. I've been playing the event matches lately because I'm making a guide for them. I think it works on any event match stage that starts on that leval. All star match ten, right before you verse DK does it too. It does sound like the announcer guy saying Samus in a strange voice. Maybe the creators forgot to put the effect in the event matches and tryed to do it last minute.

Akebo

Smash Apprentice
I am not sure what happened to this, but I was Marth, and my friend was Pikachu. We were in a tournament in Melee mode, and we decided to quit, so he turned it off. The second before the screen went blank, Pikachu looked exactly like ditto: Pink, blobish, with his hand sticking out. It wasn't Kirby, it was too wavy. I'm not sure if it happens everytime.

Bananablob

Smash Rookie
It may not be an actual glitch but sometimes if you guard against a Samus missile with your shield, the missile will be deflected so it changes angles but continues on a straigh line

The missile is supposed to be like this =--> and progress this way ->
But it's like this / but still advances in a straight line

I don't know how to cause it...

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Ok, this was weird. I was marth, I countered a cpu fox's attack, and he got hit into an invisible celiling. Yeah, so what right?The werid thing was, it was about as far off the stage as Marth's head...
Another cool thing, I grabbed a cpu Samus today after she did a down+b, and I pulled her down into a super wave dash, and the bomb knocked me into an attack by Doc...
Today's been fun, bout 10 phantom hits with the oddest attacks(shine, fire fox, a drill shine, etc)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Is there any explanation for a phantom hit that somone could clear up for me, that would be really cool. Or is it truly just an unexplainable glitch.

Baamage

Smash Apprentice
Flan and I (Baamage) have discovered a way to do the Black Hole Glitch with only two people!
It's a two-person, cancellable, and awesomer, and easier way to do it.

Here's how.

1- Choose ICs and Peach in Training Mode. This can be done in normal Melee, but I find Training mode to be easier. Go to Hyrule Castle. Because it's easier on that stage.
2- Make two super scopes and with ICs, go right up to em and press A. Both ICs should be grabbing both Super Scopes.
3- Do the Infinite Super Scope glitch. (Press A five times, shooting out three balls of energy each seperate press, then do two fully charged ones, then while charging the third one, have Peach do her weakest attack (Her jab) on you. This makes the Super Scope never run out of ammo.)

3.5- Make Popo and Nana stand on the pillar thingy. Peach goes underneath, in the little cae entrance thing.

4- Airdodge down with ICs, and while airdodging, hold the A button. Nana will begin to charge a large energy blast.
5- Quickly and repeatedly tap A, making Nana and Popo do alternate blasts. This must be perfectly alternate or it will not work! It may take some tries to master the excact amount of waiting time until you let Nana release her blast and let Popo and Nana alternate their blasts. Repeat. It's reccomended to use two fingers to alternate so you won't accidentally miss a blast and phail.

6- Get Peach to pull out a veggie and throw it up into the blasts. Emo veggies will go right through the blasts, by the way. If a normal veggie doesn't go through, then reposistion Peach (Usually move her farther away from ICs) and try again.

7- Repeat all this until the game begins to lag. Then ICs can stop and rest their fingers, and Peach can stop so she won't freeze the game.

If an IC comes in, they're basically killed on the spot after being sucked in for a couple hundred hits. You can also throw in a Super Scope, Star Rod, Fan, or Lip's Stick to do damage to Peach as well.

This is cancellable! If you find there's too much lag, just get Peach to hop up and grab a veggie out of the pile. But if you keep doing this even after the lag has faded, the veggies will literally bounce away on each other. It's pretty fun to watch.

And so yeah. Discovered by Baamage and Flan. Awesome, eh?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Brinstar depths is banned not only for it's rough terrain, but it's glitches too. There were many ocassions wherre I was wavedashing on the top of the board both when it rotates and when it's upside down when my character fell through the entire board. I tried recovering, but my character couldn't go up there anymore, leading to an unadvoidable death.

UFO Flan

Smash Journeyman
Flan and I (Baamage) have discovered a way to do the Black Hole Glitch with only two people!
It's a two-person, cancellable, and awesomer, and easier way to do it.

Here's how.

1- Choose ICs and Peach in Training Mode. This can be done in normal Melee, but I find Training mode to be easier. Go to Hyrule Castle. Because it's easier on that stage.
2- Make two super scopes and with ICs, go right up to em and press A. Both ICs should be grabbing both Super Scopes.
3- Do the Infinite Super Scope glitch. (Press A five times, shooting out three balls of energy each seperate press, then do two fully charged ones, then while charging the third one, have Peach do her weakest attack (Her jab) on you. This makes the Super Scope never run out of ammo.)

3.5- Make Popo and Nana stand on the pillar thingy. Peach goes underneath, in the little cae entrance thing.

4- Airdodge down with ICs, and while airdodging, hold the A button. Nana will begin to charge a large energy blast.
5- Quickly and repeatedly tap A, making Nana and Popo do alternate blasts. This must be perfectly alternate or it will not work! It may take some tries to master the excact amount of waiting time until you let Nana release her blast and let Popo and Nana alternate their blasts. Repeat. It's reccomended to use two fingers to alternate so you won't accidentally miss a blast and phail.

6- Get Peach to pull out a veggie and throw it up into the blasts. Emo veggies will go right through the blasts, by the way. If a normal veggie doesn't go through, then reposistion Peach (Usually move her farther away from ICs) and try again.

7- Repeat all this until the game begins to lag. Then ICs can stop and rest their fingers, and Peach can stop so she won't freeze the game.

If an IC comes in, they're basically killed on the spot after being sucked in for a couple hundred hits. You can also throw in a Super Scope, Star Rod, Fan, or Lip's Stick to do damage to Peach as well.

This is cancellable! If you find there's too much lag, just get Peach to hop up and grab a veggie out of the pile. But if you keep doing this even after the lag has faded, the veggies will literally bounce away on each other. It's pretty fun to watch.

And so yeah. Discovered by Baamage and Flan. Awesome, eh?
Best Cancellable Glitch Ever!!!

DarkFox8

Smash Rookie
One glitch that i have seen but have yet to replicate was that I was fox and my friend was mario on FD. He knocked me off the edge and i firefoxed back on and grapped the ledge. The second i grabbed the ledge mario caped my and Fox was instantly teleported to the other side of FD still holding on to the edge. If i can figure out how to do this i will post it.

MUGG

Smash Apprentice
i need help.
Im looking for a glitch, in which you're standing in shine position without the shine.
Can you help me?

A5modeu5

Smash Cadet
you have to run off the ledge with fox/falco and do the shine immediately after you leave the ground.

MUGG

Smash Apprentice
sry but this didn't help me, i need a more detailed explanation pls

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
This thread is TRASH!! Out of all 15 pages, probably three are actual helpful important glitches. It's filled with reposts, spam, gameplay hints, AI quirks, terrible grammar, idiots who don't read the faqs, and broken links. Do you realize how many people posted the Boomerang Jump glitch? And WALL JUMPING is NOT a glitch!!!

AND FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!
You could prevent adding another page to the 580 posts if you just READ THEM ALL BEFORE YOU POSTED!!!

To prevent future mishaps, I once again direct you to http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=48938

READ THIS BEFORE ANYTHING. And learn what constitutes a glitch.

Bombco101

Smash Journeyman
You've been a Smash n00b on the largest SSB fan site in the world for over a year now. Nobody cares if a glitch is double posted, because nobody's gonna look through the whole **** topic to find a single glitch, it just makes it easier to find them. Pay attention to other threads because they all tend to get off topic. You need to at least reach journeyman status before anyones gonna take a post like that seriously. And by the time you get there you won't be flaming anymore threads. There is nothing wrong with this topic.

Samael_78

Smash Journeyman
agreed, gain some status, before whining. anyway, there seem to be gaps in the structures of brinstar depths and Seel in pokefloats. ive fallen through brinstar depths a number of times on different sides of the stage while dodging towards the stage

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
Looks like the rules went out the window on this thread. What happened to deleting bad posts? it'd b nice if people could actually follow #7.

By the way: JRI combined most of the glitches on this thread into one post. He is also keeping his thread updated... unlike this one. It'd be great if people used his superior thread. Search "tricks and glitches" and you will find it.
You've been a Smash n00b on the largest SSB fan site in the world for over a year now. Nobody cares if a glitch is double posted, because nobody's gonna look through the whole **** topic to find a single glitch, it just makes it easier to find them. Pay attention to other threads because they all tend to get off topic. You need to at least reach journeyman status before anyones gonna take a post like that seriously. And by the time you get there you won't be flaming anymore threads. There is nothing wrong with this topic.
Not my fault I don't post replies. I usually don't have to, and this site is extremely specialized. But this is just ridiculous. A few posts back someone already noticed all the rules were out the window. I came to this thread looking for any glitches I didn't already know about, and there isn't any sort of walkthroughs I have seen here, but it wasn't even worth my time. If I can't find a concise and accurate list of glitches in the OFFICIAL topic, I might as well ask someone who actually cares.

I do notice however that the word "secrets" has been added.

My apologies to the legitimate posters that actually had unique, relevant information. My curses to those who were too lazy to read them first and thus created a self-perpetuating cycle.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Pikachu "Super Wave Dash":
Have Pikachu quick attack (up B) into Mewtwo at the same time Mewtwo is doing his down B (Confusion?) Pikachu will do his quick attack four times farther than normal.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I don't know if this is a glitch but here it is:
You can be any character and fight a level 9 Ness in Jungle Japes.
If you don't touch anything, Ness will jump twice, use PKThunder and kill himself!

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
Well i searched for this but seems that nobody has posted this, im not sure how it happened but i was fighting a Samus in Dreamland, it was a team match so i grabbed samus when i was in the right platform next to the edge facing left towards the falling cubes, i just tapped A, did like 5 attack(from tapping A) an suddenly i got a star KO of the samus, she dissapeared and appeared on the sky on the back as a star KO, not like she was sent up by the attack and died, but just dissapeared of my grab and died, it was wierd but funny though, there were some wtf's and some lol's.

This might be able to be done with any character, i never tried doing it again, but i thought of a possible way it was done, it might been that a square was falling and hitted the Samus while being grabbed, it might be the way might be not.

MVPaintballer

the lil d that could
Not sure if this is has been posted but it was pretty amazing......
#1 - TRUE WINDMILL OF FURY
I was playing fox vs lvl 9 computer marth, I was standing on the windmill on poke stadium just as it was about to go vertical (I was standing when it was like this \) marth hits me with a fair and i get sent flying to the left and get KO'd at 30%. Im not sure what exactly happened.

#2 - Infin Shine of doom
This is another one on poke stadium this time it was the tree transformation and I was infin shining my friend (marth) on top of the Y part (between the 2 slants) And i airdodge through the stage

#3 - ?????????
I was standing on Yoshi story vs a lvl 9 computer fox they grab the ledge the cloud comes and takes them away but the ledge roll animation is happening while he is on the cloud away from the ledge (fox) and then he teleports to where he would normally roll from the cloud

V1Hand

Smash Cadet
This has probably been mentioned, but -

1. Pick any two characters in training
2. Go to Hyrule Temple
3. Set the computer to human with 999%
4. Go down to the bottom of the course, or whatever you call it
5. Start hitting the computer up until they stick to the ceiling

When they're on the ceiling you can move them around and attack and stuff, but they'll eventually fall back down. If anything I've said is wrong, or doesn't work, I'm sorry. x____x

WFL

Smash Journeyman
Yesterday I was playing with a couple of friends and did a slight variation of the turtle glitch. Instead of the stage being Mushroom Kingdom I it was Green Greens and all the rules applied, when he used turtle again it disappeared. To perform it, he used turtle and hit the blocks on the right. I don't know how many blocks he hit, I just know that he did indeed hit blocks.

Edit: Totally off topic, but great sig MVP.

travis.luckiest

Smash Apprentice
idk if this glitch was posted ..but if you hold screw attack with bowser then fortress off the gound (or some fortress edge hogs work) then when you land the arm that was holding the screw ball is warped
it does it every time for my version of smash (first one)
might work with other items ..idk

Typo_Brawler

Smash Cadet
I`m not sure if this is a glitch but it sure is a wordrobe malfuction! lol anyway
1. Choose Pichu
2.Go to princess peaches castle ( It wroks on any stange but its easiest to see it there)
3. Jump on to the top of the stage and drop down.

Then pause. Look at pichus butt. His tail goes into pichus behind and it lookes like a butt hole XDD! I descoverd this when I was 10 or 11. You might haft to try it a few times but hay its funny! :D

TheLake

Smash Master
Uhh Dair with kirby against ganondorfs up B...

Fergalicous teleporting make the gerudos go locco eh!

Hinari

Smash Rookie
Getting hit, THROUGH the center of stage

Not sure if this has happened to anyone, but I was with my friend, the usual 4plyr smash. I am offically the glitcher to my friends. In corneria, I was Falco, friends being, Samus, Fox, and another Falco. So we're brawlin' and bam! I got hit right through the MIDDLE of Corneria, I dont know HOW 0.0 then we are over at Samus' world with the dragon in the back >.> dont remember what it's called. I get hit right through the center of the stage. We all just died laughing. Oh well thought id share, nvr seen anything like this happened to us for all our time playing smash. It may never get old :psycho:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Link grounded Glitch

Instead of explaining the original glitch, here is a link: http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=nz4UMMxDHts
At the end, Link uses the hookshot to get to the other side of Venom. I discovered that if the Great Fox is at a certain angle, another glitch occurs. When I moved to the right to do the same trick, my Link clipped through the Eastern side of the lower left wing and fell on top of it. When Link came to his feet were planted.
Everytime I tried to jump, Link would be on the ground about 3 frames later, meaning nearly no air time. It is possible to wavedash like this, but the timing is much harder. He couldn't leave the ground, so he couldn't use his aerials. Every bomb I threw up or down would clip through the wings but will blow up if Link touches them. When i went closest to the center as I can, I threw a bomb in the Great fox and it didn't blow up until it landed on another wing.
I also discovered that no matter how much damage Link takes, he won't leave the wing. I tested with Peach's down smash and Link went up to 999% and still survived. There are ways to turn off the glitch. If you walk or roll towards the edge, keep jumping and eventually, Link will return to normal. Also, if you CC an attack, you may slide enough to get off the wing, effectively turning it off. Also, in a matter of minutes this glitch expires anyway.
Why did this happen? I'm playing version 01, if that has anything to do with it.

Mike87

Smash Ace
Not sure if this has happened to anyone, but I was with my friend, the usual 4plyr smash. I am offically the glitcher to my friends. In corneria, I was Falco, friends being, Samus, Fox, and another Falco. So we're brawlin' and bam! I got hit right through the MIDDLE of Corneria, I dont know HOW 0.0 then we are over at Samus' world with the dragon in the back >.> dont remember what it's called. I get hit right through the center of the stage. We all just died laughing. Oh well thought id share, nvr seen anything like this happened to us for all our time playing smash. It may never get old
Its called Kraid.

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
You take a kirby and ice climbers, and you kill popo. Right after popo dies forward throw nana with kirby and if done right, kirby will stay off the screen in the air for 1-4 minutes, 4 if you do nothing and 1 if you constantly use your rock.
I play in some local tourneys where i live, and one of my friends got that off in a game, it was kick ***

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
Bowser and Jiggs, final destination (not sure if that matters, but the chars definently do.) special melee super sudden death. d-throw jiggs. jiggs takes no damage and knockback as if she were at 0%

Winged Messiah

Smash Apprentice
Does jiggs bounce? Like when Bowser throws jiggs down, does (he/she/it) bounce away before Bowser can actually fall on him? A wild guess lol, ill go try it out.

Top Bottom