• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Ganon/Ganondorf for Brawl (updated)

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
his final smash should turn into the pig ganon

but im not sure if it should be like samus/zss or bowser/ giga bowser
Oh, Samus/Zamus type all the way. If Ganon is playable for the Final Smash, he's going to have to have some kind of moveset, and if he's got a moveset, he might as well be playable. No sense in creating a new moveset that only gets to be used in short, final-smash induced bursts.

Here's a question: What should Ganon look like? He's got quite a lot of looks to pull from. Personally, I think I like his Oot look best, although the black-boar-with-a-red-mane look from TP is great too.

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
Since I recently did a WW Link moveset, I'm in full Zelda mode, and wholeheartedly support Ganondorf being awesome. I'm considering having a go at giving him a moveset, but I get the feeling it might be unrealistically complex, given how much awesomeness there is to include.

Also, I loved Ganondorf, and he and Falcon were my mains. And I played them entirely differently, despite the almost identical movesets. The extra power and lack of speed forces you to play in a totally different manner to Falcon, and his crushing power is incredibly fun.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
(this is going to sound rude, but) To bad! we need an acurate dipiction of Ganondorf, and everytime you've fought Ganondorf directly, he's used a sword... pretty much all the time.
The first time Ganondorf ever fought in his human form, he was unarmed. In fact, let's just look at his entire history while we're thinking of it.

GANON'S FIGHTING STYLES
----------------------------------------------------
Spear: A lot (Pretty much every 2-D game)
Double-sword: Once (OoT)
Unarmed: Twice (WW, TP)

GANONDORF'S FIGHTING STYLES
Unarmed: Once (OoT)
Double-sword: Once (WW)
Greatsword: Once (TP)

When looking at Ganon(dorf) as a whole, the only one that comes up anywhere near often enough to be considered an "iconic weapon" is the spear, which he has never wielded in human form. You could argue that unarmed comes in second and double-sword comes in third, but it would be completely asinine. There were no true similarities in style between any of them (not even OoT Ganon and WW Ganondorf, and they're the closest by a wide margin).

If you ignore the Ganons and just count the Ganondorfs, it is clearly a three-way tie. The truth is that human-form Ganondorf has never had anything at all resembling a unified fighting style. Even if you ignore their weapons, there aren't even any similarities in the basic feel of the fight! (One stationary with magic, one really fast, one slow.) If you wanted to call any of them "iconic", it would have to default to the first one, which would be "SSBM Ganondorf with a lot more magic".

The only reason to give Ganondorf a sword-based moveset is "that's his most recent appearance", and I don't see Zelda holding a sword in any of her Brawl screenshots. She kept a moveset based on her Melee one because it was unique and it suited her well. Ganondorf using a sword wouldn't do anything to significantly increase the diversity of available movesets in Brawl (I've already said why nobody else fights like unarmed Ganondorf), and no one weapon proficiency is any more "Ganondorfy" than the other two. In fact, if there's any similarity between the different Ganon(dorf)s at all, it's that regardless of how he fights in the last battle, he's always thought of as being magic-adept, which is most closely represented by the "unarmed dark wizard" Ganondorf appearance.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I don't care if he has an new moveset or old one. All I want is to see the Emperor of all Gerudo take his rightful place among the confirmed characters thus far! If he isn't on the game, heads will roll for this, namely Sakurai's!

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
Hrmm... interesting points for me to muse as I attempt to craft a moveset for him. Honestly? I wouldn't mind giving him a WW makeover, having him use twin swords. Who else in Smash dual-wields? Nobody I can think of. But then again, the unarmed style, as you said, is also rather unique, which puts me in an interesting place. I'm almost considering a dual-set, so he can fight with swords or without, the without being more magic-based.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Hrmm... interesting points for me to muse as I attempt to craft a moveset for him. Honestly? I wouldn't mind giving him a WW makeover, having him use twin swords. Who else in Smash dual-wields? Nobody I can think of. But then again, the unarmed style, as you said, is also rather unique, which puts me in an interesting place. I'm almost considering a dual-set, so he can fight with swords or without, the without being more magic-based.
Pit will dual wield, wont he?

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, I keep forgetting the bow can be split into two blades. For some weird reason I always manage to picture him using it like a glaive or a dual-sword.

T-major

Smash Champion
The first time Ganondorf ever fought in his human form, he was unarmed. In fact, let's just look at his entire history while we're thinking of it.

GANON'S FIGHTING STYLES
Spear: A lot (Pretty much every 2-D game)
Double-sword: Once (OoT)
Unarmed: Twice (WW, TP)

GANONDORF'S FIGHTING STYLES
Unarmed: Once (OoT)
Double-sword: Once (WW)
Greatsword: Once (TP)

When looking at Ganon(dorf) as a whole, the only one that comes up anywhere near often enough to be considered an "iconic weapon" is the spear, which he has never wielded in human form. You could argue that unarmed comes in second and double-sword comes in third, but it would be completely asinine. There were no true similarities in style between any of them (not even OoT Ganon and WW Ganondorf, and they're the closest by a wide margin).

If you ignore the Ganons and just count the Ganondorfs, it is clearly a three-way tie. The truth is that human-form Ganondorf has never had anything at all resembling a unified fighting style. Even if you ignore their weapons, there aren't even any similarities in the basic feel of the fight! (One stationary with magic, one really fast, one slow.) If you wanted to call any of them "iconic", it would have to default to the first one, which would be "SSBM Ganondorf with a lot more magic".

The only reason to give Ganondorf a sword-based moveset is "that's his most recent appearance", and I don't see Zelda holding a sword in any of her Brawl screenshots. She kept a moveset based on her Melee one because it was unique and it suited her well. Ganondorf using a sword wouldn't do anything to significantly increase the diversity of available movesets in Brawl (I've already said why nobody else fights like unarmed Ganondorf), and no one weapon proficiency is any more "Ganondorfy" than the other two. In fact, if there's any similarity between the different Ganon(dorf)s at all, it's that regardless of how he fights in the last battle, he's always thought of as being magic-adept, which is most closely represented by the "unarmed dark wizard" Ganondorf appearance.
well, the thing about this... is.... ummmm.... he doesn't.... uhhh...

...hmmm... it seems I can't think of a way to counter this... I guess that means you win. Well played my friend! well played!

however, despite this logic, Ganondorf using his sword from TP is almost a given; one, he need to use his TP design to fit in with Link and Zelda (who all have there TP designs). two, Link special attacks update showed that his item have been changed to the ones in TP, meaning the TP designs are more then just visual. seeing as it wouldn't make sense to have OoT Ganondorf fighting TP Link, we need TP Ganondorf; and seeing as TP Ganondorf has a (awesome) sword, it only makes sense too give it to him in Brawl.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
I'm pretty convinced that Ganondorf will have his TP look, since Link and Zelda got some new fresh looks too...
Here's some attacks he might have :)

Up-B: some sword-fighting move from TP, same style as Kirby's/Ike's Up-B

Smash-B: some sword-plunging action, much like Roy's/Marth's

Neutral-B: Magic Ball, charge-able, can be shot into any direction.......

Down-B: Some magical double roundhouse-kick or some Magical Throw, think of Bowser's Smash-B

Final Smash: Ganon's Beast form....think of that :p...

This time he has a sword so his Dash Attack would be cool too: Elbow+Horizontal Sword Slash. Could be his F-Smash too...
anyway, he MUST keep his immense strength, but this time in a more ''Wizard-Style''.
After all, he is a ''Dark Wizard''...so more magic attacks, but keep the brutal attacks too

nintendoxxx1

Smash Rookie
C'mon, you can't have the characters from ANY series without the badguy! (Except maybe Donkey Kong. I really hope King K. Rool will get in)

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
A brief summation of my WIP moveset for the Dorf:

A moves: Mostly remain the same whatever 'stance' Dorf is using. Powerful hits, rather powerful, but a little faster than some of his moves from Melee *coughExplosionKickcough*

Aerial Capability: Short, low jumps. One stance will have greater recovery as an Up B than the other, but less damaging, and most of the aerial moves remain the same.

B: Warlock Punch - Similar to in Melee, but it charges infinitely, gathering power for as long as you charge, or as short as you choose. Potentially able to hit 999% if people are idiotic enough to let Ganondorf just stand there and charge it up.
B: Eviscerator - A powerful two handed horizontal cut.

Up B: Twilight Warp - Moderate recovery, ends in a grab like Melee, but nothing before the end.
Up B: Spin Attack - Mimicing Link's move, as he did on TP, spinning with the sword. Low recovery but rather damaging.

Side B: Twili Sphere - A blast of energy, probably DIable.
Side B: Gore Lunge - Stab forward with the sowrd. Can be used as a low-quality horizontal recovery.

Down B: Draw/Sheath Sword - Ganondorf either draws or puts away his sword, in both ways cutting in front of and above him as he does so. Changes the B moves and some of the aerial and regular moves.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
I'm not trying to say there's no way to work the sword in at all. I could picture him summoning a sword out of midair for his fsmash (the CF one is lame anyway) and some of his specials. However, I can't picture him carrying a sword all the time, and I feel that the vast majority of his offense should stay as hand-to-hand attacks or close-range magic (a la Zelda).
I thoght i was the only one going against his sword. IMO i would be not original for him, we have already too many sowrd users... and there is a problem with ganon, a big one, HE IS INMENSE. In melee this guy was one of the few that could go hand to hand with marths range. Now give him the sword of TP (which is noticable bigger than marth´s) and combine it with ganon{s reach = justa not funny overpowered swordman. And that without taking in consideration the magical attacks he will srely have.

I can agree for him to use the sword in some moves.... but not so strong ones. A smash attack with that sword would be just insane. I would like t to be implemented in a throw or something, with some range but not strong to kill somone that easy,

His fighting style must be hand to hand basd... but in a totally different way from CF. Hand to hand style with magic like you said is the perfect combo. He can have proyectiles too...and his grabs could be based on dark magic.
His up b cvhanged with a teleport----- and keep him as heavy as he is and as slow!.

His B´s can be soemthing original too.

I just would LOVE to see his B or forward B to be the summons(as proyectiles) he throws in the horse pursuit in the final battle of TP... that would made my day!.

His down B could be a explosion of black magic or something.....

His Final smash.... well....i think that a transformation in his old ganon self would be just too badass!!!....with a complete new moveset and so on.

If not, the giant wild boar would... but i prefer the first one,

Or if not.... a giant and destructive magical force would do too.

.Connor_Wilberg.

Smash Rookie
I totally agree with ganon/ganondorf.....but in meele he had potential when they introduced him but they totally f***ed him up......he needs a completely new move set and they he can enter the brawl arena

Chaos Paladin

Smash Journeyman
im pretty sure hell be in but i would rather him have a new moveset. I dont like his current one, i think he should have a sword. Not all his attacks have to use the sword tho like marth. and maybe his down b could be to transform into that beast from TP. then i might actualy plas as him XD

Star105

Smash Journeyman
well isn't there something that confirms ganongorf to be in brawl because he has a voice actor......... maybe its false but................. there is that interview so he is probably going to be in

his moves are insanely powerful so he should have a sword and have less power and more speed........ in moderation of course

Noshiee

Smash Ace
Ganondorf

I prefer his mage/hand-to-hand fighting style than his swordsman TP version, we have enough swordsmans lol. But he indeed has his sword with him in his waist and uses it in some of his normal and smash attacks and his side B.

Standard B: Rises his hand which will start to glow and later shoots a ball of light, is fast but not that powerful, has some knock back. It can be charged, to increase the number of magic balls. When charging it, the glow will become in a black cloud in his hand. When fully charged, will shoot 3 balls of light which track enemies. The not charged ball doesnt take that much time to shoot as it seems, it take a little bit more than Link's not charged arrows. The charged attack does take some time, which makes it bad for close combat, but is very effective when shooting it from distance. (Ocarina of Time)

Up B: He will morph in Twilight matter or whatever, in the thing he turns to get inside Zelda in TP. He is able to move freely for some time while in this form in any direction by holding B, but is kinda slow, making it easy for an opponent to know where he will morph back, it takes some time to recover after morphing back. You are able to morph back by yourself by Stopping holding B. You can go through enemies. If you stop holding B while going through an enemie (being in the same space) it will create an explosion instead (like C. Falcon's Up B, does the same damage and knock back), and he will morph back faster and recovered, being abl;e to attack or dojng B moves, like after hitting with C. Falcon's Up B. Is preety much a different more evil, dark, TP version of his Melee Up B. (Twilight Princess, kinda lol)

Down B: He will he the ground with a powerfull punch (his had will glow green with some green smoke) and create a wave around him, which will knock enemies in an angle depending of how close to Ganondorf they are, the closest, the uppest (if this word exeist lol), and more damaging. If done in the air, he will go down like Yochi's Down B, and the wave will be a little bit bigger, but not that much, but enough to see the difference. If he connects with an enemie in the ground while doing it in the air, he will punch him very hard, making some good damage and sending them up. If it connect with an enemie while the enemie is in the air, it works as a smash attack. (Ocarina of Time)

Side B: He will draw his sword, charge, and thrust forward very hard, is not as powerful as Falcons Punch and doesnt have that much knock back, but it does have good knock back and it takes a little bit less to charge. (Twilight Princess)

Final Smash: Turn into Ganon. (Almost every Zelda game)

Tau

Smash Apprentice
Up B: He will morph in Twilight matter or whatever, in the thing he turns to get inside Zelda in TP. He is able to move freely for some time while in this form in any direction by holding B, but is kinda slow, making it easy for an opponent to know where he will morph back, it takes some time to recover after morphing back. You are able to morph back by yourself by Stopping holding B. You can go through enemies. If you stop holding B while going through an enemie (being in the same space) it will create an explosion instead (like C. Falcon's Up B, does the same damage and knock back), and he will morph back faster and recovered, being abl;e to attack or dojng B moves, like after hitting with C. Falcon's Up B. Is preety much a different more evil, dark, TP version of his Melee Up B. (Twilight Princess, kinda lol)
his upB needs to have a time limit, not by just letting go of B. that's why i think it would be a good idea for it to be almost exactly like pikachu's upB.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
well, the thing about this... is.... ummmm.... he doesn't.... uhhh...

...hmmm... it seems I can't think of a way to counter this... I guess that means you win. Well played my friend! well played!

however, despite this logic, Ganondorf using his sword from TP is almost a given; one, he need to use his TP design to fit in with Link and Zelda (who all have there TP designs). two, Link special attacks update showed that his item have been changed to the ones in TP, meaning the TP designs are more then just visual. seeing as it wouldn't make sense to have OoT Ganondorf fighting TP Link, we need TP Ganondorf; and seeing as TP Ganondorf has a (awesome) sword, it only makes sense too give it to him in Brawl.
Ha! I've got you on the run! Now for the finishing blow!

Yes, Link and Zelda are both visually based on their Twilight Princess incarnations, and Ganondorf most likely will as well (silly braided hair and all). But what are some of Zelda's known moves? Din's Fire and Farore's Wind. Abilities which existed exclusively in...Ocarina of Time!

And even though Link's moves did change subtly, adding a new look or slightly adjusted properties to his attacks are drastically different from completely scrapping a character design and starting over from scratch. He could have easily done that with Zelda (I mean, she needed drastic rebalancing anyway if she was ever going to be able to outgrow total Sheik dependence), but he didn't. He stayed faithful to his original image of Zelda and the way she fought. Sakurai already has a good character in SSBM-Ganondorf. He's going to see a lot of changes, but that doesn't remove the core of the character; the basic feel and properties that define how he plays. Why would he throw that away? What's wrong with it that justifies taking it out of the game and doing something completely different just for the heck of it?

If Sakurai intended for the characters to match completely with their Twilight Princess abilities, Zelda would wield a saber, her up- or side-B would have her flying through the air with the sword stuck out, her B would shoot an energy ball, and her down-B would summon light energy from the floor (well, I guess it technically still could, if she doesn't transform into Sheik anymore). The Twilight Princess designs are for aesthetics only--Sakurai is not limiting himself to that one game when devising their fighting mechanics. His goal isn't to hype Twilight Princess because it's new, his goal is to wind up with something that properly exhibits the spirit of the characters.

What is Link? Link is the symbol of courage; a prodigious swordsman who can adapt to any situation and overcome any obstacle by combining his own strength with that of his tools. Link in Super Smash Brothers shows that. What is Zelda? Zelda is the symbol of wisdom; though her physical body is somewhat frail, her mind is strong. Is it not natural that she would use that aptitude for magic to compensate for her physical weaknesses in a fight? And what is Ganondorf? He isn't known for any kind of legendary swordsmanship. He isn't just "the last boss in Twilight Princess". He is the symbol of pure, cruel, unrelenting power. If nothing else, the Ganondorf in Melee has that. Even in the complete absence of any kind of customized flashiness, even without so much as his own animations, Sakurai found the perfect way to harness the spirit of what Ganondorf was supposed to be. Why risk losing that just so we can get a shiny sword? What is the Sword of Judgement to Ganondorf? It is in no way the source of his power. It is less, even, than a tool to him, compared to the way Link has the tools he relies to much upon. It was a trophy. He wielded that sword out of pure irony, as a spit in the face to those who thought such a feeble thing could hinder one as strong as he. It is nothing to him. He could have fought just as well with a crude iron greatsword, or nothing at all.

Gandondorf's power does not come from the tools he has on hand. He is power. In building the single, unified spirit of Ganondorf for Super Smash Bros., there is no greater need to give him a sword than there is to give Mario the F.L.U.D.D.. It isn't part of his core character.

(P.S. Not to add insult to injury or anything, but if you ask me, the final Ganondorf battle in Wind Waker was cooler than the final Twilight Princess battle anyway, even though he looked kinda goofy back then.)

Tau

Smash Apprentice
hmm, i kinda like that idea. but i still prefer for it to be just like pikachu's where it stuns the enemy a little bit. so pretty much, i think his upB should be exactly like pika's;)

SmashFi3nd

Smash Apprentice
ganondorf really has to change his moveset...they also HAVE to make sure tht they put some type of projectile in since he's so slow and powerful

Tau

Smash Apprentice
ganondorf really has to change his moveset...they also HAVE to make sure tht they put some type of projectile in since he's so slow and powerful
it would be the energy ball, i would love that. but he's gonna have the sages sword anyways so that can make up for it if he doesn't get the projectile.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Ha! I've got you on the run! Now for the finishing blow!

Yes, Link and Zelda are both visually based on their Twilight Princess incarnations, and Ganondorf most likely will as well (silly braided hair and all). But what are some of Zelda's known moves? Din's Fire and Farore's Wind. Abilities which existed exclusively in...Ocarina of Time!

And even though Link's moves did change subtly, adding a new look or slightly adjusted properties to his attacks are drastically different from completely scrapping a character design and starting over from scratch. He could have easily done that with Zelda (I mean, she needed drastic rebalancing anyway if she was ever going to be able to outgrow total Sheik dependence), but he didn't. He stayed faithful to his original image of Zelda and the way she fought. Sakurai already has a good character in SSBM-Ganondorf. He's going to see a lot of changes, but that doesn't remove the core of the character; the basic feel and properties that define how he plays. Why would he throw that away? What's wrong with it that justifies taking it out of the game and doing something completely different just for the heck of it?

If Sakurai intended for the characters to match completely with their Twilight Princess abilities, Zelda would wield a saber, her up- or side-B would have her flying through the air with the sword stuck out, her B would shoot an energy ball, and her down-B would summon light energy from the floor (well, I guess it technically still could, if she doesn't transform into Sheik anymore). The Twilight Princess designs are for aesthetics only--Sakurai is not limiting himself to that one game when devising their fighting mechanics. His goal isn't to hype Twilight Princess because it's new, his goal is to wind up with something that properly exhibits the spirit of the characters.

What is Link? Link is the symbol of courage; a prodigious swordsman who can adapt to any situation and overcome any obstacle by combining his own strength with that of his tools. Link in Super Smash Brothers shows that. What is Zelda? Zelda is the symbol of wisdom; though her physical body is somewhat frail, her mind is strong. Is it not natural that she would use that aptitude for magic to compensate for her physical weaknesses in a fight? And what is Ganondorf? He isn't known for any kind of legendary swordsmanship. He isn't just "the last boss in Twilight Princess". He is the symbol of pure, cruel, unrelenting power. If nothing else, the Ganondorf in Melee has that. Even in the complete absence of any kind of customized flashiness, even without so much as his own animations, Sakurai found the perfect way to harness the spirit of what Ganondorf was supposed to be. Why risk losing that just so we can get a shiny sword? What is the Sword of Judgement to Ganondorf? It is in no way the source of his power. It is less, even, than a tool to him, compared to the way Link has the tools he relies to much upon. It was a trophy. He wielded that sword out of pure irony, as a spit in the face to those who thought such a feeble thing could hinder one as strong as he. It is nothing to him. He could have fought just as well with a crude iron greatsword, or nothing at all.

Gandondorf's power does not come from the tools he has on hand. He is power. In building the single, unified spirit of Ganondorf for Super Smash Bros., there is no greater need to give him a sword than there is to give Mario the F.L.U.D.D.. It isn't part of his core character.

(P.S. Not to add insult to injury or anything, but if you ask me, the final Ganondorf battle in Wind Waker was cooler than the final Twilight Princess battle anyway, even though he looked kinda goofy back then.)
Man.... i couldnt have said it better myself................ u are as legendary as the triforce itself!.

GANON DOENST NEED A SWORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE NEEDS THE TRUE TRIFORCE POWA! :cool:

Tau

Smash Apprentice
GANON DOENST NEED A SWORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE NEEDS THE TRUE TRIFORCE POWA! :cool:
-_-... i cant believe you just said that.. it was gay that he didn't have a sword in melee, so he better have it in brawl. especially since it's the Sages sword.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
it would be the energy ball, i would love that. but he's gonna have the sages sword anyways so that can make up for it if he doesn't get the projectile.

No one likes my idea of the proyectiles being the summons he call in the race pursuit?

those weird shadow dogs!

IMo they copuld work like a fast short ranged missile............. 3 of them come out each time... and they dont do too much damage and have little knockback............. but in the short range they travel , they cover a good space in front of gannon.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
-_-... i cant believe you just said that.. it was gay that he didn't have a sword in melee, so he better have it in brawl. especially since it's the Sages sword.

Sages sword, master sword, Battousai swrod.................. its the same.......

GANON is not a swordman............. he uses that blade in the final battle of TP but he just dotn need trhat he is a omnipowerful magician FFS.!!! he needs magic not a craapy sword obtained by coincidence.

And anyways, he is too big and his range would be kind of problematic.

Tau

Smash Apprentice
Sages sword, master sword, Battousai swrod.................. its the same.......

GANON is not a swordman............. he uses that blade in the final battle of TP but he just dotn need trhat he is a omnipowerful magician FFS.!!! he needs magic not a craapy sword obtained by coincidence.

And anyways, he is too big and his range would be kind of problematic.
it's not a crappy sword. anyway, he had a sword in oot and in tp. ganondorf = swordsman

(and he can still use a magic attacks, a sword wont stop him from doing that..)

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
I can see both sides of the debate. Fact is, he doesn't NEED a sword, but his proficiency with one in TP is nothing short of masterful, apparently. So yeah, you could give him a sword, and still integrate magical abilities. That's why I'm sticking in the Sheath/Draw mechanism for my moveset. So you can play to a style.

Range is going to be something of an issue with Ganon once he has the sword, so the solution is to make him slower and less jump capable, and to stick magic projectiles in with the unarmed fighting. Using magic he could have the same sort of range. And besides, I imagine that his sword blows would be slow and hard. Give him a bit more speed without a sword and it's good. There are multiple ways he could be taken.

I will say one thing though... I would have loved to see WW Ganondorf in Brawl (still would love now, tell the truth). We need a dual-wielding beast of a man.

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
I can see both sides of the debate. Fact is, he doesn't NEED a sword, but his proficiency with one in TP is nothing short of masterful, apparently. So yeah, you could give him a sword, and still integrate magical abilities. That's why I'm sticking in the Sheath/Draw mechanism for my moveset. So you can play to a style.

Range is going to be something of an issue with Ganon once he has the sword, so the solution is to make him slower and less jump capable, and to stick magic projectiles in with the unarmed fighting. Using magic he could have the same sort of range. And besides, I imagine that his sword blows would be slow and hard. Give him a bit more speed without a sword and it's good. There are multiple ways he could be taken.

I will say one thing though... I would have loved to see WW Ganondorf in Brawl (still would love now, tell the truth). We need a dual-wielding beast of a man.

A dual sword wielding Ganon would be awesome but I'm not getting my hopes up.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
Yes, Link and Zelda are both visually based on their Twilight Princess incarnations, and Ganondorf most likely will as well (silly braided hair and all).
hey man, don't diss the corn rolls. other than that, excellent post.

@ Hydde:

i liked those shadow dog thingos, but they were pretty big, and giving him more than 1 at a time would make him pretty untouchable. sweet idea though.

ps. yay for thread revival!

Top Bottom