• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Gameplay Video Topic. NEW Brawl Commercial!! Olimar's End of Day!!

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
In the link vs pit vid, Link does a Dash Dance in 0:57~0:58
That wasn't on his list.

Wavedashing: gone.
Wavelanding: gone (in the melee sense)
L-cancelling: automatic
Dash-dancing: Looks like it's still there, might be harder for some characters.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
Well, Mario has a blue overall/green shirt costume, and I doubt they are going to take Luigi out.
In melee it was green and orange, if in brawl he has one that is blue and green like luigi that could mean luigi has a different outfit in brawl or he wont be in brawl(I doubt that) and either way thats just a simple color change. Wolf's suit being given too fox is an entirely different outfit not just different colors.....

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
OH NOESORZ. WOLF HAS BEEN DECONFIRMED. Fox looks just like him in the Delfino Plaza E 4 All video.................................................................. :(

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Well, Mario has a blue overall/green shirt costume, and I doubt they are going to take Luigi out.
HIS OVERALLS ARE BROWN. LIKE THEY'VE ALWAYS BEEN FOR THAT COSTUME. BROWN BROWN BROWN BROWN BROWN.

Why are so many people color blind? O_<

T-major

Smash Champion
thats cuz wario is waering his wairioware outfit and mario has had the purple and yellow outfit since 64(i think)

I dunno i think it would be kind of stupid for them to give fox a wolf costume and then put wolf in the game wearing the same thing

to me this means wolf is out, only my speculation
yeah, but we're not sure if Fox has a FULL Wolf alt costume (gray fur, eye patch, ect.), or just his suit. if it's just the suit, it still makes sense for Wolf to be in, because it's just be Fox in different clothes.

but hey, Alt costumes confirmed! I just realized that! :laugh:

also, remember that this is JUST A DEMO! things can still change! right now, we can assume that WD and the like are out, but really, I don't know for sure if they will be out of the final version. also, Air dodging being based on momentum is stupid, so they better change that...

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
also, remember that this is JUST A DEMO! things can still change! right now, we can assume that WD and the like are out, but really, I don't know for sure if they will be out of the final version. also, Air dodging being based on momentum is stupid, so they better change that...
Someone's in denial.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
There's no such thing as automatic L cancelling. That is ********. It's called LESS LAG. Jeez.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
the delfino vid looks sweet. cracker launcher looks awesome! so does the golden hammer. but wolf unplayable is kinda sucky, but cool as an alt. wolf was one of my favorite star fox characters

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
uh actually a member found crawling. i'll find the post, but apparently you just hold the stick diagonally. i say this is a pretty finished product, but stages and characters not included are still being debugged and any errors found here (glitches and stuff) will be fixed

EDIT: found it. here's the whole thing

I tried L-Cancelling with Link's dair repeatedly this morning. All seemed to recover at the same speed as doing a dair without trying to L-cancel. And if a long recovery time like that isn't l-cancelable... doubt anything else would be. So that appears out.

I reconfirmed momentum dodging. You either can't control the direction at all (aside from being going in the direction you want before you air dodge, lol), or it's very very minor. It doesn't give any type of push, so it'll go to your normal trajectory and then start going downwards. So wavedashing as we knew it is indeed gone.

After you air dodge, there's about a 1 second delay (of falling helplessly) before you can do anything. You can jump and even Up B after that, though. I don't recall 100%, but I'm pretty sure that you don't get your jump back if you already used it. I also don't recall testing specifically if you can double air dodge, but it seems likely as long as it doens't give you your jump back and it would also explain the delay after an Air dodge (that way if you're falling to the stage, you can't spam air dodge and be safe all the way down). - So those of you thinking you'll Air Dodge and then do an aerial combo right after as a counterattack (thinking that's how aerial combat would be improved - which I think would've been sweet)... sorry, but not gonna happen..

Crawling seems to be like walljumping was, in that not everyone has it. I did it with Pikachu but couldn't do it with Mario (bah, he could crawl some of his games) or Sonic (so my friend was wrong, I guess). I almost thought that was Pika's walk after I thought about it, but the Nintendo World Video on the Dojo shows Pika using his old walk (along with Mario, right before Wario shows up). So crawling = character specific. --- The input for Pika was just diagonal down.

Dashing dancing appears to be possible, but different. It took me a bit, but I kinda did it with Peach, Ike, and Fox. Fox looked the most like oldschool dash dancing, whereas when I did it with the other two it was taking me longer to turn around (think Zelda's dance dash...). I kept jumping out of Fox's... but it's not like I'm used to using the Classic Controller.

I didn't see an opening dash move for Fox (where it'd be most noticeable to me) when I tested, so foxtrotting looks to be gone.

We already knew this, but shorthop and fastfall are still there. Also, you can jump directly out of your shield (was shielding with Fox, and hit a jump button on Classic Controller and he jumped out of it).

As Zauron isn't going to have the time to keep this thread updated, I'll post a full report of what I've learned in the Impressions thread. Prolly 5 hours from now or so, as I don't want to start on it at work, but not be able to finish it. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=121130

Lastly, Dark Link looks friggin' awesome. If you think otherwise after seeing him, you need to have your eyes checked and/or may not have the ability to recognize sheer awesomeness (in which case the rest of us both pity and laugh at you). - Think Black Link from Melee. Now makes his skin dark brown (think... really severe tan). Now make his eyes glow red. And that's Dark Link in a nutshell.

T-major

Smash Champion
uh actually a member found crawling. i'll find the post, but apparently you just hold the stick diagonally. i say this is a pretty finished product, but stages and characters not included are still being debugged and any errors found here (glitches and stuff) will be fixed

alright... I got owned it seems... snap! D:

anyways, the Wolf Alt is just Fox with his outfit. if you look at the game play you can see his picture at the bottom, and it's obviously Fox, not Wolf. if it was Wolf, it would look like Wolf in the picture. therefore, Wolf isn't completely decomfirmed; just slightly less likely.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I swear i saw Bowser jr in the Delfino plaza video... around the end on the small island.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yes, all but teching deconfirmed.
Well, thanks for the info. Better to know the truth now. But this is bull f***ing s***. Brawl will be 25% worse then it could have just for that.

And wall jumping was dumb. I said it, DUMB! Everyone should have been able to do it, no excuses. Sakurai was not very smart for that. Sakurai is dumb with crawling. EVERYONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO IT! PERIOD! [end rant]

Brawl=n00bified Melee. Sounds kinda lame. But at least we have L-cancelling. :(

I

i8waffles612

Well, thanks for the info. Better to know the truth now. But this is bull f***ing s***. Brawl will be 25% worse then it could have just for that.

And wall jumping was dumb. I said it, DUMB! Everyone should have been able to do it, no excuses. Sakurai was not very smart for that. Sakurai is dumb with crawling. EVERYONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO IT! PERIOD! [end rant]

Brawl=n00bified Melee. Sounds kinda lame. But at least we have L-cancelling. :(
Ummmm how do you expect Kirby to crawl??? lol

T-major

Smash Champion
I swear i saw Bowser jr in the Delfino plaza video... around the end on the small island.
I didn't see him... I think your seeing things.

and Johnknight; the games not done yet... wait until the game is finished before you make assumptions like that... and it makes sense that Wall jumping and Crawling be character specific...

Pieman0920

Smash Master
People are really freaking out about this all to much. I don't use advanced tactics, and while I know I'm not on the level of most turny people, there's still a high amount of skill you can use from just the intended mechanics that will put you above mediocre people. =/

That and you guys will probably find something hidden like wavedashing just like in Melee. <_<

T-major

Smash Champion
People are really freaking out about this all to much. I don't use advanced tactics, and while I know I'm not on the level of most turny people, there's still a high amount of skill you can use from just the intended mechanics that will put you above mediocre people. =/

That and you guys will probably find something hidden like wavedashing just like in Melee. <_<
I don't use advanced tactics either. my only beef is that they could have gotten rid of directional air dodging... seriously, thats a stupid idea...

GoldRoger

Smash Rookie
C'mon people, it's way to soon to be talking about all the deconfirmed advanced tech.

Maybe there will be another ones, well just have to wait and see.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
anyways, the Wolf Alt is just Fox with his outfit. if you look at the game play you can see his picture at the bottom, and it's obviously Fox, not Wolf. if it was Wolf, it would look like Wolf in the picture. therefore, Wolf isn't completely decomfirmed; just slightly less likely.
well with the quality and stuff, it looked like it. he even looked like Wolf in the pic when i watched it. but it has been confirmed, so yeah...

Dodo222

Smash Rookie
Gameriot is covering E for all, and I requested Brawl gameplay footage, and this was their reply:

"You'll have to talk to the Nintendo reps, I don't think they're allowing us to take any game footage. I'll talk to our video guy and see what we can get away withdo."

Sooo...that really sucks :/
Hopefully Nintendo will let up as E for all wears on.

Sir James

The Doctor

Wow that's lame. Why is everyone else claiming that L-Canceling is in?

T-major

Smash Champion
well with the quality and stuff, it looked like it. he even looked like Wolf in the pic when i watched it. but it has been confirmed, so yeah...
I'll believe it when I see it... the post that said he had a Wolf alt said it was a "Starwolf outfit" outfit, meaning clothes (of course, that could just be bad wording). and it's Fox in the picture. his fur is obviously brown, and his has a green scouter, not an eye-patch...

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Gameriot is covering E for all, and I requested Brawl gameplay footage, and this was their reply:

"You'll have to talk to the Nintendo reps, I don't think they're allowing us to take any game footage. I'll talk to our video guy and see what we can get away withdo."

Sooo...that really sucks :/
Hopefully Nintendo will let up as E for all wears on.
WHAT?

Nintendo just ruined my day. D: GAAAAAAHHH... :urg:

Dodo222

Smash Rookie
What if live webcams were set up on the Dojo...that'd be the best update ever xD

-Knux-

Smash Ace
Uh... When exactly should we expect to see more gameplay vids? I'm kinda eager to see all of the characters in action.

Top Bottom