• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Gameplay Video Topic. NEW Brawl Commercial!! Olimar's End of Day!!

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
There's a Wolf costume? I missed that.

I hope that doesn't mean that Wolf is out!

EDIT:

sHy)(gUy,

They looked sooo excited.

I bet they visit the Dojo everyday. The way they were bouncing around and shouting insults at each other and laughing!

:laugh: I bet they felt like the luckiest people in the world!

I

i8waffles612

I'm sure more videos will come in due time. Hopefully of a little better quality, too. :p Or at least not showing the controller or player.
True.... how i wish i was in L.A. right now.... lol.

And i love peach in red! lol

And yea, Pit looks better with that entrance than Link.

but i still love link lol

Zek

Smash Ace
The sign of a truly balanced game is when nobody can agree on the tiers.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
And the fact that they didnt fall off the stage by accident for the first minute?
Blasphemy.

That, or the fact that being asians gifts you with Video Game rulage.
How do you know they were asian...?

But yes, seeing 4 girls in matching outfits playing Brawl..... makes me wish I lived in Cali right about now :grin:

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
I don't know what people know, but i just talked to Gimpy and some Oregon people on the phone who have been playing a Brawl demo setup for 1v1 with the classic controller, here's what they've said so far:

no wavedashing and no wavelanding

airdodging is like how we predicted, just go with momentum,

Fox can SH triple laser.
Fox can jump out of shine, but it requires that you hold down and B, you can't let go or he'll go into a different animation, hold down and b and then jump.

Bowser is hardcore.
Claw is ridiculous
Bowser will probably be top tier
Up+B out of shield is same, just as powerful.

Samus has a dark suit red visor, Fusion suit, Sonic costumes are recolors of blue, Fox has a starwolf outfit. Diddy Kong has Dixie Kong outfit without the hair, Bowser has a golden costume, made out of gold.

Mario's fsmash is so slow,

Samus can't missile cancel, animation doesn't stop, hard to do though.
Bomb jumping is tough, hitting bombs not directly on top of them knocks you to the side.
If you die as zero suit, you stay as zero suit, you can't automatically be zero suit like changing from Zelda to Sheik at the beginning of a round.

Samus charged shot isn't strong, peach was shot with it fully charged at 87% didn't kill.

Can catch edge even if you're facing wrong way, edgehogging is easy. Edgehogging will be the new edgeguard of choice, characters ‘click’ to it.

Peach is nerfed.
Peach’s dsmash is nerfed, no range
Float canceling not sure
Peach seems heavier

Sonic, not as good as you expect
moves don't have much knockback, kind of 'loose',
all the new chars, he's least popular, hardest learning curve

Do an aerial that has forward momentum and when you land it’s almost the same as a waveland. Certain moves / aerials have less friction/traction,

DI is more pronounced, you can get out of stuff a lot easier, takes knockback easier, can survive until 150.

L-canceling is not in as far as we can tell.

How does the game feel: Feels slower, definitely, on classic, feels awkward, accidentally jump alot, can't SH on the wiimote, everyone is so floaty. Brawl plays really differently, it’s awkward for now because not used to it. Not a lot of lag for moves, maybe lag lowered for sake of demo.

Zek

Smash Ace
Gimpyfish claimed there was a Wolf costume for Fox, supposedly. Nobody said it was being used in that video. No idea if he meant just the clothes or what.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
i dunno it kinda looks like wolf costume in the vid? but it may not be..... I guess we'll have to wait for gimpy to get back, hopefull he'll have some pictures or video

T-major

Smash Champion
Gimpyfish claimed there was a Wolf costume for Fox, supposedly. Nobody said it was being used in that video. No idea if he meant just the clothes or what.
well, if he does have a FULL Wolf Alt, then that sucks; because Wolf is important and doesn't deserve that. it's fine if Fox only has the clothes.

Metal B

Smash Journeyman
Did anybody noticed that Link was not getting a poisend mushroom to get small ... Pit uses a new Item =)
The Thunder from Mario Kart =) Great Item ^^

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Even if fox has a Wolf outfit doesn't mean Wolf is out. Mario still has his Wario outfit so there's still a chance.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Do we have ACTULA NEWS YET, OR WAT=??? Wavedashing (aka wave pwning), Wavelanding (aka you get pwned from air to land), or teching (aka flip and pwn da n00b)=??? :laugh:

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
Even if fox has a Wolf outfit doesn't mean Wolf is out. Mario still has his Wario outfit so there's still a chance.
thats cuz wario is waering his wairioware outfit and mario has had the purple and yellow outfit since 64(i think)

I dunno i think it would be kind of stupid for them to give fox a wolf costume and then put wolf in the game wearing the same thing

to me this means wolf is out, only my speculation

Kruton

Smash Ace
thats cuz wario is waering his wairioware outfit and mario has had the purple and yellow outfit since 64(i think)

I dunno i think it would be kind of stupid for them to give fox a wolf costume and then put wolf in the game wearing the same thing

to me this means wolf is out, only my speculation

Well, Mario has a blue overall/green shirt costume, and I doubt they are going to take Luigi out.

Top Bottom