• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Gameplay Video Topic. NEW Brawl Commercial!! Olimar's End of Day!!

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Thread is looking great, keep up the good work! *Subscription*

Now if only they'd flood us with some more footage. Today sure has been quiet, and last night's update sure was bland. The only thing that keeps me not complaining is I know we're going to get oodles of gameplay footage over the next two weeks...

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
Except for Dk down b, he loks THE SAME.

Mario has changed (quicker in his moves and some of them changed)
Samus hanst hanged a lot, only a bit the velocity an range... but samus was OK (well the down air is quicker)
Yoshi... is quicked oversized = totally diferent with the same moveset

But Dk... only his downb looks diferent: the rest of the attacs are the same with the same knowckback, velocity and range :(

jambre

Smash Apprentice
i think his down b locking metaknight in was a bug as it knocks the other person (yoshi i think) straight up

tehSANDMAN

Smash Apprentice
Sorry if someone already noticed this, but, check out :47 minutes into the Skyworld match with DK, Fox, Meta, and Bowser. Bowser short hops then looks like he shoot diagonally into a waveland. Not sure if it is a waveland but it dam sure looks like one.

empty

Smash Cadet
i agree it definatly looks like a waveland. wave dashes confirmed?

also im so pissed that little mac is not gonna be a character. **** it he would've been cool

Red Exodus

Smash Master
At least they reduced the freeze frames and made the avatars on the damage counter smaller. Those were my only problems.

Final smashes don't look overpowered but depending on the average strength of final smashes throughout the entire cast they might be not be in tournament play.

I'll still own my friends [if I can manage to get them to come over] with them and some items anyway.

Salaad

Smash Ace
Idk, in the Castle Siege vid at the end, MK does a Fsmash and it looked like it had a lot of freeze frames.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
One thing I noticed in the Sudden Death video, at the very end, after Sonic uses his Springboard up-b, he doesn't go into his free-falling animation but proceeds to perform his dropping kick... So he can use moves after reaching the peak of his up-b. I thought that was strange.

Atlus8

Smash Master
One thing I noticed in the Sudden Death video, at the very end, after Sonic uses his Springboard up-b, he doesn't go into his free-falling animation but proceeds to perform his dropping kick... So he can use moves after reaching the peak of his up-b. I thought that was strange.
I saw it, but that didn't occured to me. Nice catch!

Sorry if someone already noticed this, but, check out :47 minutes into the Skyworld match with DK, Fox, Meta, and Bowser. Bowser short hops then looks like he shoot diagonally into a waveland. Not sure if it is a waveland but it dam sure looks like one.
HOLY S#!+ that does look like a waveland.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Idk, in the Castle Siege vid at the end, MK does a Fsmash and it looked like it had a lot of freeze frames.
I don't think anyone ever acquires the Smash Ball in said video before it ends. Unless a full-length version was posted somewhere, or you're referring to another one?

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
I don't think anyone ever acquires the Smash Ball in said video before it ends. Unless a full-length version was posted somewhere, or you're referring to another one?
Pit grabbed it but couldn't use it as he proceeded to fall to his death.

Really it's almost painful watching them play, even if it was a new control scheme. They suck *** badley. (And I'm not pro or anything, just better then most)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
They remind me of my first time playing SSB64, I was really really young and really really awful.

gamelover15

Smash Apprentice
SSBB looks awesome!

But I still want to see Ike's and MetaKnight's FS. I want to see DK's cause I want to know how it works.

Wavedashing isn't confirmed nor deconfirmed because it seems air dodging wasn't implemented yet. I did not see anyone Air Dodge yet.

B01001101ownz

Smash Apprentice
This game is going to be well worth the wait. I really hope they release a demo for the general public, maybe with Super Mario Galaxy?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The Super Smash Bros. series is going back to it's roots, from character intros to the ending results to the match.. One thing that i noticed so far is that everone is porportionaly sized, i mean come on Pikachu was the same size as Mario. I also notice that the levels are smaller, much smaller i was kind of hoping for levels to be around Kirdy Dream Land 64's size. and did anyone else notice the 4 box (The pink one) in the snap shot selection screen is blurred?

Blindman

Smash Journeyman
The fake OC, because I'm nothing like them.
The Super Smash Bros. series is going back to it's roots, from character intros to the ending results to the match.. One thing that i noticed so far is that everone is porportionaly sized, i mean come on Pikachu was the same size as Mario. I also notice that the levels are smaller, much smaller i was kind of hoping for levels to be around Kirdy Dream Land 64's size. and did anyone else notice the 4 box (The pink one) in the snap shot selection screen is blurred?
Sakurai mentioned it in the update. ^_^

Did TC read my suggestion?

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
SSBB looks awesome!

But I still want to see Ike's and MetaKnight's FS. I want to see DK's cause I want to know how it works.

Wavedashing isn't confirmed nor deconfirmed because it seems air dodging wasn't implemented yet. I did not see anyone Air Dodge yet.
I saw a clip of mario air dodging. Dunno which one it was, but he was in giant mushroom mode.

But i doubt the people playing would even know how to wavedash.. they don't look very good at the game.

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else notice the "Up + B > Another move" addition?
Metaknight goes from his Up B to a Glide and then another aerial
Pit's Up + B goes straight into a Forward B
and, most noticeable of all, Sonic's Up B to a possible Down B.
In Melee, an Up + B left you vulnerable...You could only do another attack if you landed on ground, or was attacked yourself. In Brawl, it seems that after an Up + B, you can do some other stuff (though I have yet to see an Up + B followed by an Up + B - maybe it's limited to A moves/non-Up + B moves? Also, maybe it depends on whether Up B is used on the ground or not - that'd enhance Aerial Combat and still keep the tense nature of Recovery Combat).
Also...LOVE the amount of alternative costumes, I'm glad they realised that, although 4 is the minimum, there is no harm creating more options.
Oh and Pit's voice seems scary...very...deep.
And Metaknight looks amazing, an aimable Side B...wow.

EDIT: Oh, and the fact that in the Stage Demo
"Zero Suit Samus" wins in the Victory Screen, i.e. is announced.
I think this pretty much confirms Zero Suit Samus as a selectable character similar to Shiek for Zelda. Though they did not include the function in the demo.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
I get the slight feeling that after this, metaknight just got a lot more popular than he was.

In short terms, he ****ing owns.

Zink

Smash Champion
MK looks amazing, and if the up-b to aerial thing is kept then that's AWESOME. Imagine screw attack>dair, or... well... the possiblities are endless!

Top Bottom