• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Gameplay Video Topic. NEW Brawl Commercial!! Olimar's End of Day!!

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
Do any videos show Yoshi's new Up Special?

I saw one video with Yoshi, but the player didn't do it. (Should've been like, the first thing when selecting Yoshi.)

And did anyone try to dair the Mario Tornado? And see FLUDD's animations?

And I almost died when someone was THIS close to getting the Smash Ball with ZSS, too bad stupid time ran out.

I actually really like the mechanics of the Smash Ball...
The up date said his egg toss would help boost his jump. IN one of the vids. I believe the long one. He jumps then throws and egg. He jumps and neutral b. But he never uses the up b to boost his jump. Thats why I think it happens when during the toss or somethin.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
The up date said his egg toss would help boost his jump. IN one of the vids. I believe the long one. He jumps then throws and egg. He jumps and neutral b. But he never uses the up b to boost his jump. Thats why I think it happens when during the toss or somethin.
When I said new up special, I meant the new egg toss. Same thing.

and I finally saw a good video of FLUDD. Aleluya!!

MDupont

Smash Cadet
Which videos has the Little Mac Assist Trophy and Gardevoir the Pokeball Pokemon?

MDupont

Smash Cadet
I really want to see the Drill Dozer and Metroids Assist Trophies. I wonder if it's Jill from Drill Dozer, or someone else?

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
http://www.gamespot.com/video/928518/6180852/super-smash-bros-brawl-gameplay-demo watch this video at about 6:08. It looks like Link automatically sweet spotted the ledge even though in melee his up b would have definitely gone over it. So have they made recovery a lot easier you guys think? This might make ledge stalling very easy for certain characters.
I noticed that too! It would certainly go with Sakurai's wish to make the game more friendly to the regular player (i.e. make it somewhat easier to play)

I really want to see the Drill Dozer and Metroids Assist Trophies. I wonder if it's Jill from Drill Dozer, or someone else?
I think they showed Jill on the first Castle Siege video, while they were changing levels. I thought it was Metaknight's side-b at first.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Ok, so in the Gamespot interview, it shows Tom Nook with his average cloothing, can we deconfirm him now?

MunkyMan33

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but on the title screen the developers/companies include....

Nintendo / HAL Laboratory Inc / Pokemon / Creatures Inc / Game Freak inc/ SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc . INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment Co. Ltd / Sega

I don't recognize some of those, anybody have any ideas/info?

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Ok, so in the Gamespot interview, it shows Tom Nook with his average cloothing, can we deconfirm him now?
Well....... the guy who said Sonic was going to be revealed on Wednesday also said Tom Nook would be the AC rep. And oh boy was he right about Sonic. This leads me to believe he might be right about Tom Nook as well...

SiD

Smash Master
Well....... the guy who said Sonic was going to be revealed on Wednesday also said Tom Nook would be the AC rep. And oh boy was he right about Sonic. This leads me to believe he might be right about Tom Nook as well...
That guy was a lying sack of crap, a different guy said Sonic would be revealed on wednesday before that, and he didn't say anything about AC. He did say Olimar is confirmed, however.

Shuma

Smash Hero
True, Nya sayd that Sonic would be revealed, then Bluewave appeared and sayd a lot of **** incuding about Nook, when i sayd he was probably lying he dissapeared... so yeah... can we deconfirm him now?

Browzilla

Smash Rookie
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but on the title screen the developers/companies include....

Nintendo / HAL Laboratory Inc / Pokemon / Creatures Inc / Game Freak inc/ SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc . INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment Co. Ltd / Sega

I don't recognize some of those, anybody have any ideas/info?
Nintendo is duh. Hal is Kirby. Pokemon, Game Freak, and Creatures are all Pokemon. Sega and Konami are duh. Ape and SHIGESATO ITOI are Mother, Lucas I presume. Intelligent is Fire Emblem and Advanced Wars.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
For crying out loud...

For the past four conferences (at least one was a complete hoax) people have been predicting "Sonic tonight to match the conference!".

Predicting Sonic was NOT that big of a leap of faith and does not make anyone more or less liable. Everyone predicted it, with every conference, BECAUSE THEY KNEW THAT EVENTUALLY, THEY WOULD BE RIGHT. Same principle behind why so many people backed Lucas.

I called the Ice Climbers being updated on the Dojo, down to the exact day, nearly a week in advance. That was a hell of a lot trickier than calling Sonic on a conference day.

Shuma

Smash Hero
But no one ever predicted Sonic to be back with 2 trailers and that they would show all the characters in action and that entrances would be back.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
They replaced the announcer with The Count from Sesame Street.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
love the vids. glad to see a lot of familiar moves and aspects return, as well as the entrances from 64. too bad the only one with fox, the guy was junk and fell off the stage 100 times. i want to see him in action

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I hope that they start putting playable demos in stores like Gamestop soon.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Nice vids, too bad the people who play it suck and don't try out some major things like wavedashing and L-cancelling...or, IF they did some experiments, can someone tell me which vid and which part of the vid?

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Has anyone else noticed this?

http://www.gamepro.com/video/player.cfm?vid=116140

In this Vid Bowser looks like he did a Waveland.

Look at :47-:49. Bowser jumps then slides forward when landing.

You guys think this is a waveland. Looks convincing enough for me.
yeah, that really does look like a waveland, but maybe im just grasping at straws. Also, in the pit vs yoshi match(i think) where they're showing off how to do smashes, doesnt it look like pit did a running usmash, like how a jump canceled usmash would come out

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Sorry, is there a video that shows Metaknights FS?

Also gameinformer states that for Ike's FS he controls electricity.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Saw some of them before. Great videos, but terrible players. Well, at least we get to see what Brawl's like, and I'm quite excited. :) Brawl's speed doesn't look like it's that slow. It's similar to Melee's.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I was kinda hoping to see a new Pokéball Pokémon. I heard Gardevior was a Pokéball.. Anyone know what video she is in?

Great thread otherwise.

It would rock if we could download the demo from the Wii Shop channel.

Top Bottom