• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official FL Power Rankings (top 10) as of 10/04/07!!!

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
I've driven almost 2 hours to every tournament I've been to. I f@gged out on one sefl tournament, but I've gone to swfl smash fests. FIU was 4.5 hours from me WAHH WAHH /wrist tickle me emo.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Panhandlers are hosses.

Would ya'll feel like coming back to Tejas over MLK weekend? And this time with all your tires intact?

<3

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Me and and Tipman have been to GA twice(900 miles from me).

Plus Orlando at least 20 times. AT LEASt(315 miles from me).

That's mre driving than any other smasher in FL has driven.

Oh, and Sasha has been to about 2/3s of those, and she just sits and watches.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
its not just me its all of the SEFL smashers which I may remind is still like the strongest region now that shiz and speedn barely play but even so regardless you'd travel 3 hours because if everyone starts traveling thats what makes a big tournament and you should also travel because its the players outside of your region that will make you better if you play the same old people over and over again you arent gonna learn nearly enough than if you start to travel more. I'm sorry but playing WATO everyday is only going to get you so far...

I know for a fact that everyone who hosts tournaments in SEFL takes gigabits into consideration when picking a date, my previous tournaments have always done the same. I'm hosting my tournament solely because its a chance to play the people of my state once again. But its much more than me its everyone who is attending my tournament which is incentive to go. For each person on my attendance list it is another reason to go.

So dont give me any BS about its only gonna be me and that it isnt worth it because its much more than me (its everyone on the attendance list), or that its just because there's another tournament closer cause if you seriously wanted to get better at the game that wouldnt be a factor.

straight up its just laziness just admit it I dont really care personally if anyone from CFL comes but its annoying to hear the johns about it when in reality its just laziness, hell i'm super lazy but I'll never say i'm not. But even then I've never been lazy about tournaments first thing when I got my car i went to like 3 tournaments in orlando and gainesville.

so h1roshi, I dont really care what you do, and there's no hate, but dont give excuses. Just say your lazy and go play with the people you always play and are comfortable with.
ok, but i did just go to a SFL tournament and "everybody else" wasnt really harder than the "everybody else's" of CFL. im not gonna get an extra 10 experience points because i go to your toueny instead of gigs. i know why our holding your tourney on your date and its cool. but theres no reason to go there instead of gigs. the comp is pretty even at both venues these days. i am trying to go down there. i just went there for linguini's. i was gonna go two weeks later for FIU. but i was extremely short on money so i had to pick up extra shifts. i also posted in your thread saying i would come until i realized gigs was on the same day. im not lazy, just smart and logical. when i went o linguini's it wasnt like "omg, this is ridiculous good comp. im getting so much more training than if i was in CFL." it was the same thing. to put it into perspective:

tournament A: same amount of comp as tournement B but only 30 mins away.
tournament B: same amount of comp as tournament A but 3 hours away.

do you think me going to tournament A is honestly an excuse?

anyway, if there are some other SFL tounrnies that dont fall on the same date as a CFL one, i should be there. traveling is fun. but being able to leave later to a tourney, and being able to stay later cuz you dont have to leave early cuz you dont want to drive back tired is even more fun.

peace

-hiroshi

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
o

anyway, if there are some other SFL tounrnies that dont fall on the same date as a CFL one, i should be there. traveling is fun. but being able to leave later to a tourney, and being able to stay later cuz you dont have to leave early cuz you dont want to drive back tired is even more fun.

peace

-hiroshi
1+1

once again brian uses his insane ancient greek calculus skills to save the day

logic

LoGikZ

Smash Journeyman
ok, but i did just go to a SFL tournament and "everybody else" wasnt really harder than the "everybody else's" of CFL. im not gonna get an extra 10 experience points because i go to your toueny instead of gigs. i know why our holding your tourney on your date and its cool. but theres no reason to go there instead of gigs. the comp is pretty even at both venues these days. i am trying to go down there. i just went there for linguini's. i was gonna go two weeks later for FIU. but i was extremely short on money so i had to pick up extra shifts. i also posted in your thread saying i would come until i realized gigs was on the same day. im not lazy, just smart and logical. when i went o linguini's it wasnt like "omg, this is ridiculous good comp. im getting so much more training than if i was in CFL." it was the same thing. to put it into perspective:

peace

-hiroshi

thats sweet

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
Panhandlers are hosses.

Would ya'll feel like coming back to Tejas over MLK weekend? And this time with all your tires intact?

<3
Maybe depends.... I know ragnarock wouldnt want to take his car again and mine is wrecked and ram's is broke down.... soooo who knows.... maybe u should come here to FL that weekend and party for party times :)

i smell a threat.

or a bet.

or an "i-just-shut-you-up"
??? what the hell DoH is cool with the panhandle aka team dat.

They don't really drive that far, John/Drumma just drives in circles for a while.

=P
LOL your awsome prac!!! this was only quoted by me for truth.

Me and and Tipman have been to GA twice(900 miles from me).

Plus Orlando at least 20 times. AT LEASt(315 miles from me).

That's more driving than any other smasher in FL has driven.

Oh, and Sasha has been to about 2/3s of those, and she just sits and watches.

see doodah has it in him. We have been to almost ten tournaments that were 10 hour trips or more. and then are standard drive is 5 hours to GA or CFL. I still feel we drive more than anyone I have met in the community. doodah is da bomb :) and just for being the bomb I fixed your little typo in your post.

H1ro don't worry, some of these little baby smashers don't know whats its like to have to drive tired as hell.

And some people dont take this game as serious as others.
also pete truth to this statement.... we almost always have to drive over night or some **** on our trips. even this last 18 hour drive to texas after 3 flat tires and getting home the next day at like 1 pm.... this thanks to Ram Boom and a little help from me.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
People like Chops don't realize what its like to have to drive people around all the time.

Its easy when you can sit back and relax on a 9 hour trip.

Not to mention you have to put all those miles on your car.

Where are the people who drove with you for 4 hours up and 4 hours back when its time to spend 500 bucks at the auto shop?

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
People like Chops don't realize what its like to have to drive people around all the time.

Where are the people who drove with you for 4 hours up and 4 hours back when its time to spend 500 bucks at the auto shop?
as the person who was easily in the running for worst car in Florida, I understand perfectly what its like to tax a bad car like that

I also understand what its like to drive long distances by yourself.

I'm not some random person saying to go when I cant appreciate the trip.

I've driven to Orlando like 3 or so times without any help from other drivers. (waking up at like 7 AM to drive up and starting the drive back at past midnight)

I've driven to gainesville like once.

Drove from Weston to Atlanta when I went up to college (this was in my car with no radio, shocks, or Air Conditioning in the middle of summer)

Not to mention I drove like 5-600 miles of the trip from Atlanta to Connecticut, and for that trip we all helped out when MarsFool had to get a new tire.

And it doesnt matter if the competition is about the same at one tournament vs another, its that the competition is new thats the important key there.

Basically, the situation is that for once SFL doesnt want to go to a CFL tournament because my tournament can bring in all the SFL scene, including some people that have been dead like nbp mike and shin chaos. Generally SFL makes very giving compromises when it comes to gigabits, and we rearrange our own local tournament plans for gigabits. The ONE TIME we ask for CFL for some cooperation, its summarily denied. I appreciate the few who really wanted to come, but obviously alot of people need to come from a region in order for it to work, and bottom line was that not enough people stepped it up.

You can john to other people about distance and competition fine, but not to me, cause i've got your number on every excuse.

enjoy gigabits.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
only old school CFL players can talk, people like dark falchion and exarch and them... we kinda owed them back when CFL tournaments didnt exsist and they went to like any SFL tournament.

and Friggin Fenrir has been there from the start of SFL tournaments and has been to a bunch <_<

?!?

Smash Lord
Holla at me if you need to hire a teams partner. I

Lol like I give a **** cry me a river.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
There are a lot of regional issues, johns, etc. that people can throw around but honestly there should be some form of a compromise. I know I've talked to several people about this and everyone seems to like it, but there should be a Florida Tournament series that takes place in different regions (alternating between tournaments, whatever).

If it were planned right, everyone who takes smash seriously should plan to attend these tournaments. No "well x tournament is closer" john because these should be planned far in advanced and should represent Florida as a whole. If the dates are all laid out like MLG did, there really isn't any excuse to miss it. Hell, they planned tournaments for a whole year across the states I think we're capable enough to plan across regions.

That being said, I'd be willing to put a site together to represent tournament data dedicated to this series. It would be similar to the one I have right now, but I'd add an administrative level so people don't have to wait on me to post up results. Other possible features are bouncing in my head but they are speculative.

Anyways, that's a thought. It would really take the cooperation of Florida as a whole to make that kinda of scene work. That and people would really have to be serious about attending tournaments and placing well, I don't know how many players have that dedication.

skrach8

Smash Lord
alright me and rohins will do this. im down to start a Florida Circuit.

but first a few things said. Pete i dont know how u do it honestly. I mean my car is a piece of sweet candy ****. So driving my car pretty much destroys it further. lol. so i feel your pain with the car issue. Ur the man in my book.

Lamb. seriously.... really? Not so empathetic are we?

Im not gunna lie, im not into smash as much as i used to be, so that right there kill my want to travel. Id rather not spend money on smash anymore.

BUT..... if there was a circuit. That would make things so accurate.
You base it off one year, 12 tournies. We can have 4 tournies in each of the three sections. north central and south. You have a point system based on placings and so on. and then u have ur Power rankings list right there at the end.

We would need a few people from each of the regions to set up the tournaments and keep record of brackets, placings, stats, etc. and then u have urself one effeciently badass CIRCUIT. FL *****.

We hold it down to hard. but at least this way if u care about the OFFICIAL FL POWER RANKINGS LIST/TOURNAMENT CIRCUIT you'll find some way to make it. if not u suffer penalties such as loss of points.

I dedicate the above to rohins. its pretty much his idea. Its just an idea, but what does everyone think? suggestions.

And please if you are a noob and you know you are, dont say anything ****in stupid.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
alright me and rohins will do this. im down to start a Florida Circuit.

but first a few things said. Pete i dont know how u do it honestly. I mean my car is a piece of sweet candy ****. So driving my car pretty much destroys it further. lol. so i feel your pain with the car issue. Ur the man in my book.

Lamb. seriously.... really? Not so empathetic are we?

Im not gunna lie, im not into smash as much as i used to be, so that right there kill my want to travel. Id rather not spend money on smash anymore.

BUT..... if there was a circuit. That would make things so accurate.
You base it off one year, 12 tournies. We can have 4 tournies in each of the three sections. north central and south. You have a point system based on placings and so on. and then u have ur Power rankings list right there at the end.

We would need a few people from each of the regions to set up the tournaments and keep record of brackets, placings, stats, etc. and then u have urself one effeciently badass CIRCUIT. FL *****.

We hold it down to hard. but at least this way if u care about the OFFICIAL FL POWER RANKINGS LIST/TOURNAMENT CIRCUIT you'll find some way to make it. if not u suffer penalties such as loss of points.

I dedicate the above to rohins. its pretty much his idea. Its just an idea, but what does everyone think? suggestions.

And please if you are a noob and you know you are, dont say anything ****in stupid.
Awesome idea, actually. Hell, Gigabits could host the four tournies for Central Florida, and you've got a third of the circuit done right there.

HBOX

Smash Rookie
Make sure each area in florida is well distributed, I.E. One of each tournament in Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter.

Sigh....HBOX for now.

Top Bottom