• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Official Felix of Golden Sun for SSBB Thread*

Ryu777

Smash Ace

That is Felix he is the protagonist of Golden Sun 2 and is cooler and deeper than Isaac (he came back from the dead!) making him the better of the two main characters. Felix is an earth adept and as such possses some pretty awesome and devastating magic (psyenergy)

In Golden Sun the earth adepts main out of battle ability is the Catch ability, where a large hand extends and can grab far away objects. All of the characters in SSBM have gimmicks(such as peach's floating, IC's double) Keeping these things in mind, Felix's gimmick should be an awesome special where Felix directs a gloved hand through the air that you can direct sort of like dins fire, but if the hand come in contact with an opponent at any point that person is grabbed and you can use any of felix's throws from there. The cool part about this is that you will be able to use it from the air and to grab far away items.

Height: Marth
Weight: Slightly heavier than Marth
Floatiness: Somewhere between CF and Ness
Speed: about roy's, maybe a little less
Power: Marth (minus tippers)
Jump: Mario
Range: A little more than Link

Here is Felix's potential moveset which would beast:

B: Quake Sphere - Felix raises his arms above his head in a sort of spread eagle position and a large sphere of earth begin forming over his head. It is chargeable, can be stored and is at it's fullest charge when it is about the size of samus' fully charged shot. When thrown, it moves straight at about the speed of a homing missle and hits just like the charge shot. However, once it has reached it's maximum range without hitting anything, it will burst in a 360 degree angle of rock shards. The shards will only stun and you can manually burst it before it has reached its maximum distance by pressing B again after you've thrown it.

B>: Catch - Exactly like Din's fire except the glove is not invisible and there is not the little lag between the time you release B-over and the time when the attack begins, the glove grabs the second you release B. As to make it not too broken, catch will have approximately half the range of dinn's fire.

B^: Ragnarok - Felix charges for a breif moment a sword materializes in his hand that is 2 times as long as marth's and as thick as ganondorfs. while he is doing this, you can choose which direction you wnat to head in, alot like firefox. when felix is finally moving, he has raised the sword above his head and is spinning in the given direction (like a really cool drill) When hitting an opponent with this, it would be reminiscent to kirby's dair.

Bv: Spire - Felix would swing his sword as if he were doing flare blade and once his sword strikes the ground, a stone pillar two times his height would erupt from the ground, near the hilt of his sword, then another would emerge as the first began to recede, sort of like a wave (range is about half of final destination). Obviously a good anti-air move.

Special: Judgement - Isaac summons a figure with a bull helmet, angel wings, a sword, and lion head for it's right hand to comes out of the sky. The lion head then collects energy that
looks like lightningsand shoots out a blast. The only place the blast won't hit will be the outer most four corners of the stage.

Taunt: He will stand there looking indifferent as his cape blows upward slightly and earthen shards raise from the ground.

PLease support this, i put alot of time into this post and Felix awesome, thanks guys.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah there are, still good job on the moveset. Although I think your overpowering him a little. The speed of Marth with the fall fallingness of Roy and Mario's jumps... O_O; As far as I know Felix wasn't a speedster in TLA. I think he should be a little bit faster then Link. His power should be between Link and C.Falcon.

realsnake1020

Smash Rookie
Pretty cool, but i think he would be a little weaker than roy IMO
If Felix is in then i suppose Issac would be too seieng as there both the main characters of the two games.

Aiser

Smash Lord
no it wouldn't, it feel like playing felix >_>

Marth had no long range attacks, however the move set this person made gives him varations of projectiles. way different then Marth..

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
I say first Isaac, then maybe Felix. But small series like GS need only one character to represent it. So, which one shall we choose? I prefer Isaac, cuz I'm getting sick of bad-*** characters..

D

Deleted member

Isaac and Felix both equal. Arguments like that are the equivilant of saying Cloud is the only worthy hero in Final Fantasy, because most people know about him. Golden Sun maybe a small series, but it certainly had some of the best graphics for its time on a portable system, a great storyline, and was probably one of Nintendo's best RPGs.

Ryu777

Smash Ace
Gangsta_inc said:
I support this 100% BUT I say dumb down his power a little
yeah, he's awesome in the game so I may have made him a little tooawesome for ssbb, so i'll edit the first post and change hima little bit, by the way, everything about mario is average, so I just chose mario jump because he should have average jump. You have to admit though, his b over soumnds awesome

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
I support the character, but not the your moveset.

B: Summon Djinn - Felix pulls out a random Venus Djinn and uses its ability (Echo for a double attack, Quartz for healing, etc)
B>: Odyssey - The image of a massive sword appears, and Felix lunges forward with it.
B^: Planet Diver - Felix does an impressive blazing leap almost straight up. Akin to Dolphin Slash.
Alternative: Armegeddon - "Felix's Sol Blade lets out a howl! Armeggeddon!" Similar to Planet Diver, but slower, more directable, and with an important difference: Felix slashes when he contacts an enemy. Hard, possibly a Meteor. If he doesn't hit anybody, a meteor falls and explodes instead. If Felix is caught in the blast, he takes damage; anyone else flies a little like a small Bob-omb.
Bv: Mother Gaia - Felix raises his hands above his head. The ground beneath him explodes (not literally) into the Mother Gaia animation.

Super: Judgement would work, being the strongest totallly Venus summon; however, nothing would be cooler than seeing Catastrophe in full 3D glory. True, it's a mostly Jupiter, but it's still much **** cooler than Judgement.

Ryu777

Smash Ace
Kal aMari said:
I support the character, but not the your moveset.

B: Summon Djinn - Felix pulls out a random Venus Djinn and uses its ability (Echo for a double attack, Quartz for healing, etc)
B>: Odyssey - The image of a massive sword appears, and Felix lunges forward with it.
B^: Planet Diver - Felix does an impressive blazing leap almost straight up. Akin to Dolphin Slash.
Alternative: Armegeddon - "Felix's Sol Blade lets out a howl! Armeggeddon!" Similar to Planet Diver, but slower, more directable, and with an important difference: Felix slashes when he contacts an enemy. Hard, possibly a Meteor. If he doesn't hit anybody, a meteor falls and explodes instead. If Felix is caught in the blast, he takes damage; anyone else flies a little like a small Bob-omb.
Bv: Mother Gaia - Felix raises his hands above his head. The ground beneath him explodes (not literally) into the Mother Gaia animation.

Super: Judgement would work, being the strongest totallly Venus summon; however, nothing would be cooler than seeing Catastrophe in full 3D glory. True, it's a mostly Jupiter, but it's still much **** cooler than Judgement.
PLanet diver was was the name I was trying to think of! that makes more sense as his B^, but other than that, I ont agree with you :embarrass

ColonelAlloy

Smash Rookie
Judgment was cool enough, and I think Eclipse could also work. Heck, even the weaker summons (like that 3 venus summon, what was it called? The one with the frog that grew trees on its head?) were pretty cool.

I think Felix definitely deserves inclusion over Isaac, though. I mean, Isaac is pretty much a mute. At least Felix had personality. Besides, SSBB already has enough mutes in it =P.

roy777

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4983-5528-9683
Yes Felix should be in the game and ragnork should be his ^b if its not. But issac will probably get in first.
Djinn should be items and if you collect enough you get a summon I venus djinnn= venus summon, 4 venus djinnn= judgement. Djinn do not stay with you if you die.

D

Deleted member

Maybe there could be a way of 'charging' up Dijinn, resulting in greater summon power and one-off damage.

I think summons shouldn't really be included as normal attacks, since they are overpoweringly powerful. Super attakcs maybe, but I'd prefer some ORIGINAL (no freaking Omnislashers) sword move, like Odyssey or Raganrok.

Cap. Falcon

Smash Rookie
I remember playing Golden Sun (a loooooooong time ago). I think that Garret(?) is a lot cooler, as the fire elementist person. He was a hotshot and i think that he would do more damage and speed, but has almost no defence. That would be interesting and cool,compared to Felix, which coulds like an average fighter.:flame:

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I'm torn over who between Isaac or Felix should get in (I don't think both should get in, seeing as they were pratically clones in the game). They both have cool character designs, so they both look the part. Either would be cool and would be unique.

I'd say that Felix would be all rounded, having good physicals and specials, and being decent in each stat. Though I can see him excell in power regarding his B moves.

For a super, how about we give him the Sol Blade so he can use Megiddo. Sure it wouldn't be an earth attack, but it was one of the coolest moves in the game.

D

Deleted member

They should both get in, since they were the lead characters in their games, and there were only two, so its not like we have the range of a FE game to choose from.

Although technicaly Felix was the main of the two (he was fated to light the lighthouses), Issac should be in as well. But people always forget Felix...

I think Felix's super should be either:

• Oddysey, where he holds the enemy in place with two diagonal swords, then plunges a huge horizontal sword into the enemy

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
They are the two most important characters in the game, but I'd rather a diffent adept element got in before another Earth character (Alex would be a good rep for the water element IMO)

Hopefully if they both get in they vary the movesets so they aren't clones (one could be something like a master or Ronin)

If they do both get in and Felix gets Megiddo, then Isaac could have the Gaia blade unleash (forget it's name), only the sword could zoom around the stage while crashing into opponents.

Oddyssey could be a move, where Felix fires a pair of homing swords forward, and if they both hit, the swords could hold the opponent in place, allowing Felix to use the final attack on them (basically fires the final blade at the suspended character). Probbably a bit complex though.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
I agree with Luke, I would rather it be just one of the Earth adepts. Felix is the more important character in my opinion (see here)

Though you could make them different classes, it loses the actual design that they were intended to have (being Earth adepts, the would generally stick with Earth djinni). I think that if Isaac would make it into SSBB, it would be as a clone added at the end of development because they wanted some extra characters.

Runty_Grunty

Smash Cadet
Well, I don't know enough about Golden Sun to make any suggestions, but the stuff you guys have sounds really cool. I certainly hope they add some Golden Sun characters.

Wrench

Smash Apprentice
the djynn could be like mr. game and watche's flag move, where it varies in power. It randomly summons one of the djynn...of course then it wouldn't be a trustworthy move...

Vehman

Smash Rookie
Yeah, Mia would be SO hot!!111 lol, or Ivan is way cooler anyways....but if felix is there then I definitely agree that he should have mother gaia, because I think that is a much cooler move than the spires.

Vehman

Smash Rookie
Yeah but there should definitely be more females....this will help Nintendo with marketing (lmao) and it will help guys........buy the game? XD Ok maybe I'm just a perv roflcopter. Yeah, I like him better than Isaac, but it would seem Isaac would be a more logical choice because as I recall golden sun 1 sold better than lost age....

EDIT: oh yeah odyssey ftw XD, but the unleashes from the famous swords should be b moves

ColonelAlloy

Smash Rookie
I don't care if Golden Sun sold better, I want the better character to get in for once. Isaac is a near-mute who unknowingly manages to kill two people that were saving the world.

Felix, on the other hand, is an interesting character. He knows what he has to do, but he still gets easily distracted trying to protect the people he cares about, etc. etc. Plus he just looks more mature.

Isaac = no, Felix is a better choice
Garet = Garet would be a TANK. He'd be a heavy character that used a greatsword or a battle axe. Fire is awesome. However, Mario throws fireballs, Fire Emblem charas might use fire... let's get a different element in here.
Ivan = No. Pwnsomeness as an acrobat aside, Ivan was an annoying child that would do no good for Nintendo as far as marketing is concerned.
Mia = Healers do not belong in Smash.

Felix = Yes, most of us agree. He rocks
Jenna = best female choice, but again, fire may be a glut in this fighter.
Sheba = Ivan but a girl. No.
Piers = He was pretty cool, but a throwaway character. He just kinda shows up in the story. If we're gonna put in a badass water adept, let's put in Alex. He's cool AND he's a villain (two birds in one stone).

Aside from the main party, who could be in Smash? Dullahan would be broken >_>

If Nintendo really wanted to include some badass characters, they could put Catastrophe in as an Adventure mode boss >_>.

Ryu777

Smash Ace
Imagine my surprise, i return from a relaxing week of camping in maine (I've discovered that lobster is waaay overrated) to find that one of my first topics ever has been resurected. anyways, thanks fro reviving my topic. yeah, if more than one GS character makes it in, I'd want the second to be ALex, what an awesome anti-hero. meggido is pretty awesome, but judement is just too cool, he shoots energy blasts that cover the world (why doesnt that hurt your party, I mean, you're in the blast too.) I could see judgment being an improved version of the lugia or ho-oh pokeballs.

edit: I'm thinking of changing his up-b to meggido, it seems like it would fit really well ( the meteor wouldnt be quite as large though)

Sporkman

Smash Ace
Felix is better then Isaac, although Alex is better then both of them. I'm definatly a strong supporter of at least 1 Golden Sun character getting in, hopefully Felix. The only down-side being he's another sword wielder (that could even make Alex a better choice, alot of creative freedom with him too). It would be better if all his B moves were Psyenergy moves, to further distant himself from Marth. aswell as keeping in character. There are plenty of Psyenergy moves that could be used for upB, for example:
Teleport (obviously no because of Mewtwo)
Someone suggested Revive being used i think in the Isaac thread, due to the phoenix
Ragnarok, don't limit it, it can be different when used in the air as opposed to when used on the ground, meaning vary the ideas.
I think there was a Move suggestion aswell, where Felix/Isaac (hell even Garet) is held in the hand which has taken the shape of a fist
The possibilities go on.

I think on the first page someone said Felix isn't a speedster, may i just remind you Felix and Isaac are the second quickest of the parties behind the wind adepts, and can, at times, even surpass them. The only real slow coaches are Garet and Piers, who even at unneccesarily high levels can still be out paced by a quick enemy.

The super move should be without a doubt a summon. I dont think djinn should be a move, but an item. The only problem i see from that being that if they have random effects they could be a bit too similar to pokéballs.

Saturos would be pretty cool, considering *SPOILER - highlight to see* he's actually a good guy albeit he's so minor its just a pipe dream. Although I, personally, want to see Felix and Alex as the representatives i was wondering which second choice character would you guys want from possibly one of the best RPG's ever? assuming your first choice is Felix/Isaac...

Top Bottom