• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Official Felix of Golden Sun for SSBB Thread*

D

Deleted member

Although I, personally, want to see Felix and Alex as the representatives i was wondering which second choice character would you guys want from possibly one of the best RPG's ever? assuming your first choice is Felix/Isaac...
Probably Alex, although I'm not sure how he could work.

Avenged

Smash Rookie
Havin Felix in Brawl is a crazy idea, i'm Golden Sun all the way, and great moveset and stats man. but i agree with some of the others isaac would be a great addition, he's the main, main character. I'm partial to isaac, so isaac FTW!!! i also agree with Colonel Alloy Catastrophe maybe like a master hand sortr of thing.

D

Deleted member

Bump for this topic.

Anyways, a Golden Sun character could appear in Brawl, and its looking more likely after the 3rd party thing, which I'm sure attracted peoples' eyes.

SuichimoTheDragoon

Smash Apprentice
Bump for this topic.

Anyways, a Golden Sun character could appear in Brawl, and its looking more likely after the 3rd party thing, which I'm sure attracted peoples' eyes.
Except for the fact that Golden Sun is 2nd party. :) That greatly increases the chances of its appearance.

Felix would be okay but Isaac is the actual main character of the series. He even gets imbued with some of the power of the Golden Sun at the end of The Lost Age by The Wise One. :) Isaac should be in first and then pick from the others.

Isaac for Brawl!

D

Deleted member

No, I meant that.

People were suddenly like 'ZOMG!!111!!one!! ITS 3RD PARTY! NO ISSAC!!??", which I'm sure caused Sakurai and the others to pay attention.

Anyways, I always thought that line meant that the Mars Star retained some of the power, not Isaac. Well, who cares. Isaac and Felix can be the new Marth and Roy for this game.

Corinth

Smash Cadet
Golden Sun characters would be awesome in SSBB

IMO, I think Isaac should be more suitable in Brawl than Felix. He was the main protagonist in the first Golden Sun, and played a big role on the second one.

Isaac is a near-mute who unknowingly manages to kill two people that were saving the world.
Link, Ness and Samus don't talk either

So yea, Isaac for brawl!! :)

D

Deleted member

Yes. Read and weep. Felix ftw.

Anyone care to bump some of my old topics? I spent ages on them, and most are stagnating on page 10.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Because I'm on a spree, I'll go ahead and bumpify this - I've no time to read it now, but I want to later - I may not have done Felix, but it's GS nonetheless, and nostalgia is so **** sweet.

Check what I put for Isaac in that thread, yoz. (should also be bumpyd.)

D

Deleted member

Yay! Felix needs more. Oh yes:

Super Smash!! Odyssey Driver

Felix slams his sword upwards. It vanishes into the heavens. He appears on the summit of Venus Lighthouse, and then throws himself off. We see a long shot of the lighthouse, and a streak of light burning down it.

Diving like a bird from miles upwards, he grabs his sword, then slams into the opponent from above with the swords of the Odyssey Psynergy attack.

Into their head.

Good?

D

Deleted member

Bump for Felix.

I like this guy, and I'm sure he'll be seen in Smash, in one form or another.

EDIT: Oops. I didn't realise that I was the last one to post here. If you want this deleted, just tell me.

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
Isaac before Felix. It's not cool to bump threads without at least contributing to the thread in some way!

Isaac was the original "main" guy. He was the one the Wise One sent on the quest knowing full well what would happen. And he was the one that received part of the power of the Golden Sun at the end of The Lost Age. Plus he was cooler than Felix in my opinion, although Felix can be seen to hold a more mature stance.

All in all, Isaac is more deserving, and everything favours him before Felix. Don't get me wrong, I like Felix almost as much, but Isaac gets the cookie.

They would have exact same movesets, assuming both are using the same class, I reckon if they were in brawl, maybe Felix could do something with his signature "sand" psynergy.

Dave

D

Deleted member

Isaac before Felix. It's not cool to bump threads without at least contributing to the thread in some way!

Isaac was the original "main" guy. He was the one the Wise One sent on the quest knowing full well what would happen. And he was the one that received part of the power of the Golden Sun at the end of The Lost Age. Plus he was cooler than Felix in my opinion, although Felix can be seen to hold a more mature stance.

All in all, Isaac is more deserving, and everything favours him before Felix. Don't get me wrong, I like Felix almost as much, but Isaac gets the cookie.

They would have exact same movesets, assuming both are using the same class, I reckon if they were in brawl, maybe Felix could do something with his signature "sand" psynergy.

Dave
Oh, but i did previously :D.

Meh, Isaac should be in definately, as well as Felix. Sure, they may fight similarly, but really, is that any argument at all? Sakurai cannot design wholely orignal moves with the time restraints; Ike's Aether compared with Final Cutter seems to show some borrowing.

Isaac is pretty much on equal footing with Felix anyway. Heck, they got one game each. But importance arguments are silly anyway, as long as BOTH get in.

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
Oh, but i did previously :D.

Meh, Isaac should be in definately, as well as Felix. Sure, they may fight similarly, but really, is that any argument at all? Sakurai cannot design wholely orignal moves with the time restraints; Ike's Aether compared with Final Cutter seems to show some borrowing.

Isaac is pretty much on equal footing with Felix anyway. Heck, they got one game each. But importance arguments are silly anyway, as long as BOTH get in.
Oh forgive me, I wasn't arguing. I was assuming that everyone expected only one of them to get in, hence the "They would have exact same movesets". If both get in, then YAY.

Actually, tell you what. Lets have Isaac/Felix as alt costumes, and throw in Alex in all his bad-assness. Even more characters :chuckle: deal?

Speaking of Alex, there is no way he is gone. He has to come back in the next Golden Sun - Heres hoping (yeah I do just want to see him fight).

Dave

D

Deleted member

DEAL!

Whenever a character says "we may meet again" it means "WE WILL!". Alex isn't gone, he's just biding his time. Muhahahah.

Alex must appear in Brawl.

I'm seeing a boss for SE (please Sakurai, for the love of Plautena bow down to fanon and give him nunchuks!).

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Felix would be just as awesome as Isaac (any Golden Sun rep would be awesome.), I can just only see Isaac as being the playable character in Brawl. He seems to be the "main" character, as he was even part of your team later on in the second game.

Arteen

Smash Lord
I really don't see Golden Sun getting more than one character, and I think Isaac has a better shot. He better represents the series as an adolescent forced to go on a mission to save the world. Isaac, Garet, Mia, and Jenna are all nearly the same age, and Ivan and Sheba are slightly younger. Felix and Piers are the only adults in the party, and they're also both only party members in GS2. For the most part, Golden Sun is about innocent youths overcoming hardship to save the world, when no one else is capable or willing.

D

Deleted member

*bump*

With all the attention Isaac gets, Felix needs his time in the sun.

Arteen

Smash Lord
As long as Golden Sun gets at least one playable character, I'm happy.

WindSquirrel

Smash Apprentice
Yea... Felix would be a decent character, but he's no way getting over Isaac xD

The main reason why I prefer Isaac to Felix is because Isaac has that awesome scarf, while Felix has sort of a shoulder-cape. Scarves > shoulder-capes. And also partly because

:SPOILERS:

Isaac absorbs part of the Golden Sun at the end of TLA

:END SPOILERS:

He would make a great character anyways. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Yea... Felix would be a decent character, but he's no way getting over Isaac xD

The main reason why I prefer Isaac to Felix is because Isaac has that awesome scarf, while Felix has sort of a shoulder-cape. Scarves > shoulder-capes. And also partly because

:SPOILERS:

Isaac absorbs part of the Golden Sun at the end of TLA

:END SPOILERS:

He would make a great character anyways. :laugh:
LOL.

But ponytails > spikey hair.

And anyway, that part about the Golden Sun is not what you think, the Wise One imbued the Mars Satr itself and gave it to Isaac. They're on level pegging in my books.

cena_wolf

Smash Journeyman
I'm leaning more towards Felix myself right now. He's such a good character and would benefit from being in this game. Oh, and he absolutely, positively needs to be voiced by Dan Green. It just has to happen. :chuckle:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
As long as Golden Sun gets at least one playable character, I'm happy.
I feel the same way. Although I'm always saying Isaac should make it in, honestly, I'd be just as happy (maybe even more so.) if I saw Felix playable.

Arteen

Smash Lord
...what, no one else agrees with Dan Green as a VA for Felix? XD
I don't think I'm familiar with his work, so I can't say. Do you have any clips of him speaking in a voice that would be appropriate for Felix?

Tlaloc

Smash Journeyman
Well Felix does seem better than Isaac, let's see if one of them gets in.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well Felix does seem better than Isaac, let's see if one of them gets in.
One of them better get in.

The roster is so boring with Golden Sun characters. *yawns*

EPX2

Smash Ace
Though Isaac would most certainly get in if GS gets a playable rep, I would definitely not be opposed to seeing Felix join him. I envision the two as being the new Marth & Roy of Brawl (except that they wouldn't be clones) - Isaac would take up a role as a speed demon whereas Felix would be more of a slower powerhouse.

cena_wolf

Smash Journeyman
I don't think I'm familiar with his work, so I can't say. Do you have any clips of him speaking in a voice that would be appropriate for Felix?
Yami Yugi from Yu-Gi-Oh and Knuckles from Sonic X and all of the Sonic games past Shadow the Hedgehog.

He should totally say this, too..

"I can do anything because I'm voiced by Dan Green!"
-Yami, on himself,
Yu-Gi-Oh! - The Abridged Movie (a parody of the movie)

Fafnir

Smash Apprentice
Here's a Felix moveset I've posted on another forum. Doesn't get much recognition there(probably because it's so detailed), but mabey you guys will like it. Remember, it's pretty freaking huge, so you might want to take some time and read it. It's not skim friendly.

Felix

Felix is a very unique character(in this moveset). When you begin a fight or respawn, Felix will be a fairly weak character. However, by setting Djinni(B)(the amount of Djinni set would be indicated above his stock), Felix can improve his special attacks, and any other attack linked to psyenergy. Felix can set up to 4 Djinni at once(1 Djinni=1 level). A Djinni will last up to 30 seconds before leaving on its own. Felix can get rid of Djinni by either summoning(vB), which removes all his Djinni, or by being knocked down, which will remove one(he needs to be in the downed state, meaning flourbounces from throws and other similar attacks will NOT cause him to lose a Djinni). Also, attacks that do heavy knockback to him(essentially, the kind of stun/knockback you'd expect to take from a smash at 150%) will also lose a Djinni. Felix also gains some weight when he has 3+ Djinni set.

Felix moves at slightly below average speed, and is mid-heavy weight. His jumps are pretty average, and he is floaty.
Since Felix and Isaac trained together, they have some similar moves(so some of his moves will be compared to the Isaac moveset I've posted above).

A Felix performs a quick hiltsmash. Very low range. damage and knockback, very fast.
>A Felix leans forward and performs a vertical slash. Medium damage and low knockback. good range.
vA Low hitting, shoelace slash. Is slower but does more damage then Isaac's.
^BLevel 0-2 Felix thrusts his sword upward. Decent damage, low knockback.
Level 3-4 Felix uses move, thrusting his hand upward, causing a giant ghostly hand to appear and push upwards with him. This attack does low damage, but has high knockback and a huge hitbox above Felix.

Forward Smash Level 0-1 Felix thrusts his sword forward, good forward range, decent damage and knockback, good speed.
[/B]Level 2-4[/B] Felix thrusts his sword forward, but this time, it's charged with psyenergy. Great knockback, and the damage increases by a small amount for each level(starting at the level 0-1 damage).
Downward Smash Level 0-1 Felix performs a low hitting horizontal slash in front of him with his sword. Low power, good knockback.
Level 2-4 Felix's version of Gaia. Felix thrusts his left hand to the ground, causing a ball of dust to form on each side of him(the size of the ball depends on the level, very large range at level 4, covering both front and back of him entirely, since he's bent over). The balls both explode in a burst of psyenergy, doing medium damage on both sides, with good knockback. Slow on the recovery though. Super armour at level 4.
Upward Smash Felix performs a slow, wide, upward sweep with his sword. Medium damage and knockback.

Nair Felix lets out a burst of psyenergy on all sides that does very light damage, and has medium knockback.
FairLevel 0 Felix performs a vertical forward slash with his sword. Medium damage, low knockback.
Level 1-4 Felix performs a vertical forward slash, but this time, it's charged with psyenergy. Each level grants a small increase in damage, and the knockback is also increased depending on the level.
DairLevel 0-1 Felix performs a downward hook with his left arm. Low damage and knockback, fairly slow.
Level 2-4 Dust comes off Felix's cloths, and forms into a ball in Felix's left hand, and he thrusts it forward. At levels 2 and 3, it does medium damage and counts as a meteor smash, and at level 4, it does heavy damage and counts as a spike. All in all, a medium speed attack.
Uair Felix spins his sword above his head(using psyenergy to keep it just above his hand). Does light damage, and can hit up to three times. At levels 3-4, it will cause Felix to slow his descent very slightly during the spinning animation. Comes out fast, but has a long recovery.
Bair Felix performs a backwards elbow-smash. Decent damage and good knockback. Comes out fast, but has a medium-long recovery.

B Set Djinni Felix flashes with energy for a brief moment while he sets a Venus Djinni. Cannot be used again for 2 seconds. Using it at level 4 does nothing.
>B Ragnarok Level 0-1 Felix dashes forward and slashes with his sword. Low damage and knockback, but it moves quickly. Counts as a recovery move.
Level 2-3 Felix Dashes forward and slashes with his sword(doing low damage). If it hits, a sword of psyenergy follows up and impales the enemy, doing medium-high damage with medium-low knockback. Counts as a recovery move. If you hit with it, you are no longer in recovery mode.
Level 4 Felix uses Oddessy instead of Ragnarok. Felix summons three swords(one huge one directly in front of him, 1 small one in front and below the large sword, and 1 small one in front and above the large sword. The large sword immediatly thrusts forward, then the bottom one thrusts up, and the top one thrusts down(all hitting at the same point). If any one of the three swords hit, the enemy is stuck for the entire duration of the attack. Once the three swords finish thrusting, Felix jumps in and slashes the enemy. Very heavy damage, but low knockback, and leaves the enemy invulnerable for a few seconds afterwords(so you can't follow this move up).
Summon Felix holds his left hand in the air(similar to his GS2 casting animation), and removes all Djinni equipped. Level 0 This move does nothing.
Level 1 Summons Venus. A large ball of psyenergy(about as large as Samus' charge shot max) appears, and is sent flying forwards, slowly. Does low damage and knockback. Good for covering your advance.
Level 2 Summons Ramses. Ramses appears on the ground in front of Felix(even if Felix is in the air), facing the same direction. He then unleashes a punch with high knockback and medium-low power.
Level 3 Summons Cybele. Cybele appears on the ground below Felix(even if Felix is in the air), and many vines grow in the ground in front of it. Vines do low damage and knockback, but the enemy can be hit multiple times.
Level 4 Summons Judgement. Judgement appears in front of Felix, and then flies backwards a few feet, and then fires its laser, which stays in place for about a second. Does medium damage with low knockback.

*Note that after using a summon, the amount of Djinni used are locked for 5 seconds each. For example, after summoning Judgement, you have to wait 5 seconds to summon a Djinni. Then wait 5 seconds after the first 5 to summon another one, and so on and so on.

^B Growth Level 0-1 This move does nothing. *Note, because this is Felix's main recovery move, it is very important to not get knocked off the stage at level 0-1.
Level 2-4 A ball of psyenergy appears beneath Felix's feet, and three vines come out of it, pushing Felix upwards and slightly forward. The vines then wilt and fade away. Felix is protected by the vines on his way up, but is vulnerable from underneath.

Grab Level 0-3 Felix grabs forward. Standing animation is faster.
Level 4 If Felix is standing still, he summons a ghost hand in front of him that grabs the enemy with more range then his normal grab. Felix however, is vulnerable longer if he misses. Running grab is the same as the level 0-3 version.
Fthrow Felix pulls the enemy back in his arm, and then swings forward, throwing them.
Dthrow Level 0-3 Felix bounces the enemy on the ground.
Level 4 Felix uses growth, catching the enemy in vines for a second. During this second, he can do anything other then grabs or special moves.
Uthrow Level 0 Felix swings the enemy upwards.
Level 1-4 Felix swings the enemy upwards, and then pushes them upwards further with a ghost hand.
Bthrow Felix swings the enemy backwards, and smashes them with the hilt of his sword, knocking them back.

Final Smash: Venus Splitter Lose all Djinni. Felix takes the Venus Star out of his back pocket, and 4 earth Djinn(regardless of how many Felix had set) fly out of Felix into the Star. The star then glows, and Felix jumps to the top of the stage. Holding the star in his left hand, he then holds it in front of him, and flies down to the bottom of the stage. Anything that comes within Felix's range is carried down with him to the bottom(where they die). The stage then splits in half, and Felix returns to the battle. The stage will stay split in half for a set amount of time, or if it is a transforming stage, until the next phase.

Top Bottom