• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Durango/Farmington and Surrounding Areas

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
leave next friday at 3 toward tucson. get there around MIDNIGHT.
bring money for 2 nights in a hotel, food, gas, and the tourny.
so, bout $100. you guys still up for this?

Duha

Smash Journeyman
leave next friday at 3 toward tucson. get there around MIDNIGHT.
bring money for 2 nights in a hotel, food, gas, and the tourny.
so, bout $100. you guys still up for this?

personally i think we should leave at around 10 11pm friday night. Then we will get in AZ around 7 and wont have to get a hotel room for an extra night. We can sleep in the car on the way there and sleep before we go. If you want we can also sleep in the car the second night too or find someones place to stay at so we don't need to pay for hotel. that would save alot.

Buz Buzkil

Smash Cadet
yeah I won't go if we are all spending $100 a piece. I want to go, but funds are tight.

Darth, 5pm sounds good...duha is coming too, and I am gonna try and get ahold of Echo too.

How is Texas 9?

Duha

Smash Journeyman
should i call andy and his friend too?

Gwen is getting to good guys and 100 Is up there.

I am talking to tuscon people and seeing if they can room us i said up to 7 people so we will see.

Buz Buzkil

Smash Cadet
yeah get ahold of Andy and see if you can find others to join. There will not be food or drinks, so bring some or plan on eating before hand. We will probably play till around 3am, and will be playing Halo 2, Smash Bros Melee, and possibly Mario Party 6.

Lets have some fun :) (5pm start)

Edit: bring TV and Wii if you can Duha, oh and also games (Mario Party 6 and Smash).

DarthBrittinias

Smash Apprentice
yeah get ahold of Andy and see if you can find others to join. There will not be food or drinks, so bring some or plan on eating before hand. We will probably play till around 3am, and will be playing Halo 2, Smash Bros Melee, and possibly Mario Party 6.

Lets have some fun :) (5pm start)

Edit: bring TV and Wii if you can Duha, oh and also games (Mario Party 6 and Smash).
ZOMG, 3am!? I dont want to drive home so late :urg:

Buz Buzkil

Smash Cadet
lol you don't have to stay that long, but that will be the time around which I will want to call it quits.

:p

Buz Buzkil

Smash Cadet
I called chris around 1pm and no answer, so I left him a message, and I haven't heard from him :(

So not sure if he is even coming.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
as much as i hate to admit it, that philosophy holds quite abit of truth in the gaming world.

i believe that the end goal of playing a game is to have fun and connect with friends.

however since the night that duha's shit talking drove me out of gwen's place i have been in a much more competitive and aware mind set while playing. i felt like i had to prove that ganon can be a competitive character.

such a defensive mindset dosnt sound like fun. but it is. being forced to be involved > auto pilot.

i think the main reason it is more common to find self targeting Jhons then jhons targeted at the other person ("i wasnt playing well" vs "you are cheap") is that most people realize, at some level, that they have no right to harsh on something somebody else did.
if its repetitive and cheap, its their fault for not avoiding it, or for not doing it themselves.

also if you adopt a similar mindset to duha's article, you and your friends will learn to avoid much (but not all **coughsheikwobblcough**) cheapness.

for example, my little bro used to bitch about ganon's downB (which was the uber move among my nub crew)

duha however, was in a mindset to win. so he just anticipated, avoided, and rested.

the result is i dont use it unless it is going to hit due to lag or out of a chaingrab.

we could all have fun being in a the "scrub" mindset, but Duha isnt going there. so we might as well try to adopt the competitive mindset as opposed to the mindset too proud to adapt.
at least for smash.

and duha, those lost links were like a weird al yankoveich music video with south park style lost cutouts.
i fail at interweb sarcasm
i fail at scarscasm

EDIT:
despite the mistakes made, this was a great match. the commentators missed the platform tech. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL_qsvjuzy8&mode=related&search=
PC looks like an emo. And did you guys see that Chu Dat pose he did after he won? Fail.

Anyways, ya, play to win, cause bragging rights is priceless.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
tuscon baby this saturday sleep friday we are leaving late saturday like around 10

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo,this is DancingFighterG. Need to get the rankings up to date so I think I am about 2 tournaments behind. I see the results from t he last tournament does anyone have the results from the tournament before that. Right now based off the rankings that I have in the system Duha has won 2 tournaments so far. Also, if you haven't pre-registered for CCCT let's get it crakin. Sign up here:

www.ccct2k.com/signupintro.htm

DarthBrittinias

Smash Apprentice
Hey Jared, I found a video tape under my desk so I'm pretty sure it's yours. Call me either on your way to Arizona or on your way back if you want to pick it up.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Ok, the last date that I have for a smashfest for this biweekly is 2/17/2007. What are the dates and placing for all the smashfest since then. Right now I have:

March 24

I know that there are at least one of smash fest that I am missing with results. please give me the info so I can update the system. At this rate someone from Farmington will be the number one seed. :)

Buz Buzkil

Smash Cadet
Hey guys I am up for hanging today after 3pm. Let me know if you want to hang (myplace or somewhere else). I am soooo bored :(

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I was just letting you all know that I will be moving up there on may 7th! That would be cool if we can arrange a smashfest or something the following saturday.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
hey 7734 I wont be back or jared or gwen next year but the up incoming guys like andy chris brandon martin and alot of other people will still be here. I think everyone is going to be gone may 7th at a tourney in denver though. It is the big colorado ranking tourney. I will be back up in durango around mid may to clean my house out we could probably play then.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
EVERYONE AND I MEAN EVERYONE IN DURANGO AND FARMINGTON AREA.

This will be the Last time Gwen Jared and me will be in Durango to play smash with you all.

We are not sure what all we are doing but it has to do with alot of smash. Everyone that has played with us or want to play with us this is your chance to play some of the best smashers you will face in the area.

Saturday, April 21st at my place 2903B Richard Dr. Durango, CO 8130 1:00pm tell whenever.

If you want you can crash at my place and leave Sunday really don't want to go to sleep I want to hang out with all you for the last time. I may be back once in a blue moon but don't count on it.

Buz Buzkil

Smash Cadet
I can't do farmington today....mandatory meeting tonight at 7pm that will probably only last like 15mins, but they are threatening my graduation if I don't attend. So sadly I have to stay around home today :(

I will be there Saturday and hope everyone comes...I want to smash with everyone before we all start to leave.

Roflberry Pwncakes

Smash Rookie
HEY GUYS!!! I am gonna miss you all and I will be there saturday. And Duha remember, when i go to ccct i am gonna tottaly own your jiggz. I am gonna try and bring Brandon saturday, but i think he has work for a while. He really wants to redeem the jv 5 stock. But yeah.

DarthBrittinias

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I'm very sorry that I couldn't make it on Saturday. My dad did a surprise visit from Arizona out of no where. I had to house him and entertain him. I wish you all the best wherever you guys end up. If you have time to come by Farmington one last time definitely let me know.

Buz Buzkil

Smash Cadet
I can come down today after like 3pm...my last final ends at 2pm and I will probably be hungry. If anyone else wants to join let me know. Would this be ok darth?

Top Bottom