• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DK Move Discussion

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
What are good follow ups for the up b? It also looks like it has jab lock properties. I saw it in someones combo vid I think.

crifer

Smash Lord
A few days ago I made
groundedupB dtilt (trip) to fsmash (falco flew offstage) to fair spike his illusion,
that was great,
I personally use dtilt at low percentages, jab, or grab

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I saw in someone's combo video they upb'd over the edge on an opponent laying on the ground and it looked like it jab locked them. Could we dtilt trip to up b "jab lock" to prevent them from DI'ing out of the up b?

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i use DK's upB to pass through shields into pivot grab, or go intentionally go past them, off the stage, and grab the edge for safety.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I saw in someone's combo video they upb'd over the edge on an opponent laying on the ground and it looked like it jab locked them. Could we dtilt trip to up b "jab lock" to prevent them from DI'ing out of the up b?
ook did that to me at a tourney and I have it recorded, I might be able to get it up later tonight.

but to answer your question, no, the animation for after trip and being on your back are different.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Ripple is back. Awesome. What about if they flub a tech could we up b jab lock them then?

DK pillar to up b jab lock would be rude. That would be around 60 damage with 3 moves lol. That puts them in kill range.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
oh ****, ripple isn't dead

EDIT: post # 1337, from now on I'm only talking through edits

don't expect me to be on more though, musical will take up at least 4 hours every week day and 8 hours every week end.

this **** is ridiculous, I never done this kind of thing before

I'll see if I can get it recorded since I'm somewhat of a main person since I'm 1 of the only 17 guys out of a cast of 105

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
i already posted elsewhere by mistake so **** it.

also, good **** ripple, 88:1 women to ripple ratio in that musical.

reminds me of my tennis class, 5 guys, 24 girls

nash123

Smash Journeyman
I hate up-b but whatever, I mostly use this to catch people edgeguarding me off guard with the holding down as you go near the edge thing to just go over the edge and hit them then combo into uptilt or some crap. Otherwise I hate up-b so I don't use it too much lol.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
With up-b, does DK get more vertical distance if you mash B? Sort of like Ice Climbers' side-b recovery?

TheHulk

Smash Apprentice
mashing is a mindgame. your opponent will look at you and laugh lmaooo

DK_047

Smash Cadet
The move does a lot of damage if your opponent is stuck in a hole (side B)

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
up b someone shielding near the edge and it will push them off, dair can be awesome in this scenario.

I got a metaknight twice like that at a tourney this weekend. He fell offstage and then jumped right into my sh dair twice. He raged and threw his controller.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Does grounded up b clank with phantasm/illusion? If so we could do that then down smash to kill falcos and foxes that like to side b onto the stage.

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
It can clank, out-prioritize or get out prioritized depending on how lucky you are/unlucky your opponent is. Phantasm seems to clank more often than Illusion, but neither of them do it consistently. What's more, they usually aren't close enough to get hit by the d-smash after clanking. It CAN work, though, and I don't think they can do anything fast enough to get away when it does. Also on the plus side, Spinning Kong wins out more than half the time, so free damage anyway.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Thanks, I'll be sure to try that next time I get a chance in friendlies. They should have the landing lag of their side b if it clanks because of that triple jump glitch thing. I'll try and see what moves can hit after the clank.

Top Bottom