• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Code Q&A + Requests

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Both of these are kinda a stretch, but I figured I'd ask.

-Is there any way to make icons on the SSS that are for just one form of Mushroomy Kingdom? That is, an icon that when picked always gives you 1-1 or 1-2 no matter what buttons are held?

-Is there a way to have more total SSS screen icon images than normal? I know how to have more stages on the screen, but if you add more than one, you have to start repeating pictures since the game only has available images for the default 41 stages plus "Menu".

Thanks for anyone who knows about those things.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
is there a code that gives you 6 SSE stages? I've heard that there is a code that does that.
Didn't i answer this already?
If not the stage roster expansion code adds 9 stages to the SSS in which you can put any stages you want to replace them with

Both of these are kinda a stretch, but I figured I'd ask.

-Is there any way to make icons on the SSS that are for just one form of Mushroomy Kingdom? That is, an icon that when picked always gives you 1-1 or 1-2 no matter what buttons are held?

-Is there a way to have more total SSS screen icon images than normal? I know how to have more stages on the screen, but if you add more than one, you have to start repeating pictures since the game only has available images for the default 41 stages plus "Menu".

Thanks for anyone who knows about those things.
1.I believe there was a code that might do something like that however i'd probably have to do some googling on it

2.Talked to PW about that a while ago
he said it wasn't possible ATM due to a security feature in brawl
i'll post his message here if you want me to maybe it'd help ya if i did

Willntdie

Smash Cadet
Err, if I use a set of codes (like Brawl+, etc) and have my own edited .pac file of a character, will the changes overlap? Or will one overwrite the other?

Say I used Balanced Brawl's codeset, and it alters Captain Falcon's F-air to do 19-22 dmg. But in my .pac file my f-air does 24 dmg and increased sweetspot. Which one would take effect?

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Err, if I use a set of codes (like Brawl+, etc) and have my own edited .pac file of a character, will the changes overlap? Or will one overwrite the other?

Say I used Balanced Brawl's codeset, and it alters Captain Falcon's F-air to do 19-22 dmg. But in my .pac file my f-air does 24 dmg and increased sweetspot. Which one would take effect?
Yours
10chuys

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Having a problem with Hacking my wii. I'll put this in details.
Downloaded Hackmii, extracted files to Desktop then put "private" and "boot.elf" in SD card.
Went to SD Card Menu loaded up Bootmii if i'm correct, tells me "If you bought this you were scammed" etc, and then downloaded. Have Homebrew installed, go to channel, but when I click it and press "Start" it just has nothing on it but bubbles everywhere and nothing. No Gecko OS or anything. Looked over more then 10 tuts on how to install Gecko OS and most of them don't help but some did with downloading latest version and extracting files and putting in "Gecko1931" but still nothing when I insert my SD card into my "new" wii I got monday.

Sparx401

Smash Rookie
Hmm...I'm having an odd problem with trying to use the Snapshot hack method. I think I've done this like 5-7 times already, and now I'm starting to "crack".

I have the Snapshot v2.1 and File Replacement v3.5.1 codes in one .gct file and put it in the /codes/ directory (and copy-pasted it into the /usb-loader/codes/ folder as well; I'm using Configurable USB). I renamed the file "RSBE01"

The rest of the code (which is the Balanced Brawl codeset) is in the appropriate folders (private/wii/app/RSBE/al/al_BBcodeset.bin)

However, every time I try to load the code through either Configurable USB or NeoGamma, the game NEVER starts up. As soon as I select "play game", it appears that it's applying the codes, but then it just blacks out. It doesn't even go to the strap loader screen.

If I play the game without the code-loading, everything works fine.

The weird part is that I had it working before with the same Balanced Brawl codeset (the most recent one)...but then after trying to do a custom CSS, it never worked again, even after I deleted my CSS file.

Any clue on what I'm doing wrong?

Sparx401

Smash Rookie
I don't have an info.pac file anywhere. I do have some other files that apparently came with Balanced Brawl, but I THINK those are the textures that change the title screen:

[sd]:/private/wii/title/rzde/data
[sd]:/private/wii/title/rzdj/data
[sd]:/private/wii/title/rzdp/data

Basically, I think I've narrowed my problem down to the fact that any USB loader with an integrated Ocarina engine just refuses to load code for some strange reason even though it worked before. Obviously, Gecko OS is out of the picture since, even though I have the Brawl disc, I'm trying to work around it since my brother wants to borrow it.

EDIT: Okay okay, I think I've narrowed it down even further. I put in a .gct file with only the unrestricted camera code, and it worked! I then tried it again, but this time with a .gct with ONLY the snapshot hack code, and it freezes as per usual. So...umm...any help here? Does the snapshot hack only work with Gecko OS or something?

Pixeldude

Smash Rookie
Hi all,

I need 2 cheats in a gct: replay fix cheat and standard 3 stock 8 minutes. However, if I let the codedatabase(acciohacks) make a gct, my brawl crashes.

I have a PAL Brawl/Wii, could someone make me the gct?

Thanks in advance!

patoons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Patoons
is there a code, or a way, to either, or both preferably

1: re-order the names on the tag list
2: have the scroll loop so when you go down to the bottom it loops back to the top of the list.

Canon7777

Smash Rookie
Hi, I need help finding a code. I've tried looking forever and couldn't find it.

I want the code so that the shield graphics/effect looks like the shield you get when you install brawl+.

Anyone who's played brawl+ would know what I'm talking about :O.

LSDX

Wah!
Is there a code out there than can disable Zelda and Sheik's down B move? If there isn't one, is it possible for someone to make one? I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

EDIT: Also looking for a code that disables all of Olimar's B moves and makes it so that he does not pluck any pikmin at the start of a match.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm still having trouble with the infinite replays code. Can someone explain to me why it doesn't let me save some replays over 3 minutes? Is there a 100% working version of this code.

Also where do I find normal textures (unedited) that I can edit to make my own textures?

Tesh

Smash Hero
No wonder it only blocks the really intense matches. That sucks, is there no way to bypass that? Like an unlimited inputs code?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Having a problem. Tried getting Texture hacks in for Yoshi. So I downloaded from (Brawlvault) Ice-Yoshi (page 5) Mr.Patch (Page 5) and White Yoshi (Page 4). Followed these videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQoBeSYEe4U (Texture Hacking Guide for Brawl)
For this video loading Code manager and put down the codes into gct. files. File Replacement Dynamic SD loader, and SD Files.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXIplYwRYs4 (Code Manager)
For this got in Character Modifier NTSC
And when loading Gecko OS it says Codes found but the textures aren't in.
And yes I did Private < Wii < app < RSBE < pf < fighter < Yoshi and put the three textures FitYoshi00.pcs (Mr.Patch Texture) FitYoshi05.pcs (White Yoshi Texture) and FitYoshi06 (Ice Yoshi Texture)
If there was a spot I missed tell me.
Edit: Forgot something checked Gecko OS "About" and says "USB Gecko Not found" could that be the case?

popo12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nucleotyde
3DS FC
1977-0411-3918
Is there a code to speed stages up? I found a freeze/slow down code, but I really want to play around with a speed up code.

X Gamer 66

Smash Rookie
I have a quick question. Is there a code to make it so ZSS doesn't start the match with any power suit pieces?

Top Bottom