• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Cleveland Common Grounds Weekly Smashfest

FlipX

Smash Ace
I would be there later in the day (like 8ish) because i work earlier. What time are u guys goin?

Dobs

Smash Journeyman
The usual time is 7 or later. I usually arrive around 7-7:30. But I can't really reserve a TV cause I don't have a setup.

Omni2268

Smash Apprentice
ok change in time i can be there at 7 or whenever everyone is gonna show up plans didnt really work out today =( and yea im pretty sure i can bring the cube if my brother lets me lol

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
so wait are you coming today anthony? Me and Impp will probly be their but he likes to leave late soo im not sure what time we will today

FlipX

Smash Ace
Im glad u didn't lol i was playing really bad =P
Next time i get up there though i should be fine.

Omni2268

Smash Apprentice
awwww i wanna go even more now!!! plus i feel alot better so i doubt id lose my game like i did on wed quickly lol ^_^ **** people could read me and i didnt have to energy to care someoone come get me!!!!!!!!!!!....do you think someone can make me fly for a day that would be great o and btw if you guys do go call me 216 -973-4152 cause im not gonna be on the computer after this kk

Gaplka

Smash Cadet
Yeah, Uhh, Me and My friends were looking for some Smash Bros tournaments in Cleveland. So, Maybe we'll show up. Is there anything specific that I need to know before coming, or anything like that?

We're probably not that great, I main Young link, and I'm okay with Ness and Falco. My Friend D1L Mains Fox and is pretty good with almost anyone else. And My other friend Mains Mario and Captain Falcon. Yeah, we won't be showing up till a few weeks into the new year if we even decide to go.

Dobs

Smash Journeyman
We really don't have any tournaments at Common Grounds. We usually just go up there for practice and sometimes money matches. The people who post on this thread are pretty good, but there are a lot of people that come that have never heard of advanced techniques.

But if you're looking for a tournament in Cleveland, Matt and Steve (IMPP and COHEED AND CAMBRIA) are hosting one.

Here's the link - http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=130908

Gaplka

Smash Cadet
I think I'll stick with the Common Grounds for a little before I actually play money Games. And the 5th isn't possible for me anyways. Though it does sound like fun. If me and a team mate can make it we might go.

Gaplka

Smash Cadet
Me and some friends are probably going to the Common Grounds Saturday night. So I have some questions:

1. How long does it normally last?
2. How many people are normally there?
3. What should we bring (Like GC controllers, ect.)
4. Are money games often played?

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
Commons is a 24 hour coffee shop Bring your controls bring a cube it doesnt hurt lol It last till you decide to leave basically sometimes their is a lot of people that comes sometimes not ill see if Impp wants to go and MM go on just ask im sure somebody will

Dobs

Smash Journeyman
1. It depends on how many people come. One time we stayed there till around 5 a.m. and sometimes we just play for a few hours.

2. Again it depends. Before each Saturday, just check to see if anyone has posted something about it. The most we've had was around 20, but that was only once and I doubt it'll be that big again...

3. Ya, BYOC. There are 2 TV's there but in case you come before everyone else you should probably bring a cube.

4. Other than Flip, no one really money matches that much, but if want to challenge some people everyone's pretty open to it.

Anyone coming tomorrow night?

Gaplka

Smash Cadet
Pretty good chances me and some friends will make it. Like me and two or three other people, so I hope more people can show up so we can have a more diverse challenge.

Impp

Smash Ace
Some suggestions for new comers:
Don't be too overt with the money matches, the place could get in trouble for permitting gambling... Just keep it low key, and you shouldn't cause a problem And also make sure you and everyone you're with buy a coffee, pop, or something. And it's nice to let other people play who are at the coffee shop if they ask... Just cycle them in, even if they're not the most 1337.

I don't think I'll be up there this saturday.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Some suggestions for new comers:
Don't be too overt with the money matches, the place could get in trouble for permitting gambling... Just keep it low key, and you shouldn't cause a problem And also make sure you and everyone you're with buy a coffee, pop, or something. And it's nice to let other people play who are at the coffee shop if they ask... Just cycle them in, even if they're not the most 1337.

I don't think I'll be up there this saturday.
lol yeah you'll probably be smashed out from escape like the rest of us will be.

Dobs

Smash Journeyman
I'm a little skeptical now about tonight. It doesn't seem like there's much interest except for Gaplka and me. I'll probably come tonight, but, Gaplka, don't expect that many people besides us and possibly steele and omni since neither of them replied yet...

Top Bottom