• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Captain Falcon Doubles discussion

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
It's not a new idea, but no one in this board has discussed how ZSS's downsmash combos work in contrast to Falcon. In fact, most of the Falcons here don't even have an idea how good ZSS's downsmash -> footstool is.

And yes, I'm saying that because I main them AND because they're legit.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
It's not a new idea, but no one in this board has discussed how ZSS's downsmash combos work in contrast to Falcon. In fact, most of the Falcons here don't even have an idea how good ZSS's downsmash -> footstool is.

And yes, I'm saying that because I main them AND because they're legit.
No offense, but I have 0% interest in falcon's 'doubles metagame'.
It's silly, imo.

And I guess I'm not alone in this, that's all.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
It's unlikely that anyone will even use Falcon in competitive doubles offline unless they're going double Falcon for publicity. If someone's dead-set on using Falcon with anyone aside from Meta Knight, Snake and Wario, ZSS is probably one of their best bet.

Just contributing knowledge to the thread anyway.

Zeallyx

It's unlikely that anyone will even use Falcon in competitive doubles offline unless they're going double Falcon for publicity. If someone's dead-set on using Falcon with anyone aside from Meta Knight, Snake and Wario, ZSS is probably one of their best bet.

Just contributing knowledge to the thread anyway.
I understand.

But that situation isnt very probable, as you seem to understand.

Again, no offense.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I understand.

But that situation isnt very probable, as you seem to understand.

Again, no offense.
It's more likely than pulling of a Fhanfhus Loop.

If you don't want to contribute then don't bash those who do. Hopefully Buck will update the OP and we might be able to get some more discussions going.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I think he meant people using Falcon in doubles in general.

As for the combo, it's guaranteed and easy as ****. It's simple to do with any character, Falcon can just use a knee or something else that's manly out of it, which makes it that much better.

Zeallyx

It's more likely than pulling of a Fhanfhus Loop.

If you don't want to contribute then don't bash those who do. Hopefully Buck will update the OP and we might be able to get some more discussions going.
I'm not bashing. That's you.

And you just seem butthurt that you can't pull off a fhanfhus loop..
I can do it consistently, so why cant you?

I think he meant people using Falcon in doubles in general.
Yes, that, and, when falcon does get picked for doubles, that the teammate is ZSS, over the characters you listed, also isnt very probable.

Again, no offense.

bigbucks

Smash Journeyman
Keep the discussion on topic.

Knee, if you dont care about falcons Doubles metagame. then you can gtfo off this discussion.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
The reason that it's unlikely is because there's such a low amount of competitive ZSS players that even do doubles. The only one on the top of my head is Nick Riddle, which he usually teams with a Lucas IIRC.

There aren't many characters that can perform gimmicks or work in contrast with Falcon. The most that they can do is carry the team and babysit Falcon so he doesn't get KO'd or combo'd by stupid stuff, then Falcon can KO, assuming that his kill moves aren't stale. If he's sitting behind and racking up small bits of damage without staling the moves that ZSS can 'GUARANTEE' to hit, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Though I will agree with you, it's unlikely because people rarely use Falcon in the first place. ZSS/Falcon is a pretty abstract team, but it's definantly one of his best.

Zeallyx

The reason that it's unlikely is because there's such a low amount of competitive ZSS players that even do doubles. The only one on the top of my head is Nick Riddle, which he usually teams with a Lucas IIRC.

There aren't many characters that can perform gimmicks or work in contrast with Falcon. The most that they can do is carry the team and babysit Falcon so he doesn't get KO'd or combo'd by stupid stuff, then Falcon can KO, assuming that his kill moves aren't stale. If he's sitting behind and racking up small bits of damage without staling the moves that ZSS can 'GUARANTEE' to hit, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Though I will agree with you, it's unlikely because people rarely use Falcon in the first place. ZSS/Falcon is a pretty abstract team, but it's definantly one of his best.
So we agree, =)

Moving on. =)

bigbucks

Smash Journeyman
Just because there are a low ammount of ZSS players who do doubles, doesn't mean we can't discuss their potential. >_>

bigbucks

Smash Journeyman
There are so many options to choose.

Zss Upb to falcon jab lock(can probably be teched, but it's still a stupidly good set up)

Zeallyx

Just because there are a low ammount of ZSS players who do doubles, doesn't mean we can't discuss their potential. >_>
No. But one can say its not very probable, like I did.

Again, moving on. =)

There are so many options to choose.

Zss Upb to falcon jab lock(can probably be teched, but it's still a stupidly good set up)
I hope you mean Ftilt lock..

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
If you really make a Falcon/ZSS team, you should stun gun to Falcon punch. It works and is very humiliating.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
in doubles i always have a ganon as my partner as he's BROKEN LMAOZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!
XD
XD
XD
XD
XD

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
In all honesty though, they're horrible together.

Manliest team, but unless you can hold your own during 2v2s {or possibly 2v1s}, which neither character can really do against most of the roster, then you're gonna have a hard time.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Unless you mean in teams your doin it wrong in the wrong thread FP.

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
In all honesty though, they're horrible together.

Manliest team, but unless you can hold your own during 2v2s {or possibly 2v1s}, which neither character can really do against most of the roster, then you're gonna have a hard time.
horrible? yes
awesome? indeedly so
Those to are an explosion of manliness that would make Chuck Norris proud. Now only if they could win. :laugh:

in a serious note, what is the current discussion?

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Anyone and anything. ZSS was the discussion IIRC, too lazy to look back through the pages.

You know what would be awesome? Two Captain Falcons grab releasing a Meta Knight back and forth, then kneeing him simultaneously.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I remember i was playing with a friend, and to end the game in Falcon dittos teams, we both kneed a Bowser at the same time.
We both Dtaunted the whole next game.

Player-3

Smash Hero
you should see what me and lordy did to a bowser player in teams

i was ganon and he was falcon and wait its the very last clip of the ccv

:O

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
you should see what me and lordy did to a bowser player in teams

i was ganon and he was falcon and wait its the very last clip of the ccv

:O
I want to see that clip :)

And Captain vs Bowser especially in teams...Bowser is asking to get the knee multiple times.......:laugh:

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Regardless one of the best Captain Falcon compilations ever made.
You guys make me even more proud to be Captain Falcon.
End of story.

Zeallyx

I remember the time the 'old' falcon's spammed, and the 'new' falcon's whined about it.

Now the 'new' falcon's spam, too. ^_^

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
So technically is it safe to say that Ally is the best Captain Falcon player right now?

BTW I would like to say thanks to all of you for your efforts for making that video. You guys are some sick Captain Falcon players....

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Have you met Willz?
Also, i still wish i was around for that vid =V

Top Bottom