• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl JPN Release Info ~ UPDATING NOW!!

Kiri

Smash Cadet
ADDITIONAL DETAIL: My Brawl friend code is; 3995-5700-2891 (KIRI)
ADDITIONAL DETAIL #2: THERE IS NO LANGUAGE CHANGE OPTION IN BRAWL
ADDITIONAL DETAIL #3: Holding R whilst choosing Samus DOES allow you start as ZSS.
ADDITIONAL DETAIL #4: Lighting in my room is not great so I'm going to struggle with videos. Photos should be okay though.
ADDITIONAL DETAIL #5: Directional L-Cancelling is not in. You just pause mid-air then keep falling.

First Impressions
Opening movie is rather pretty as I'm sure most of you will agree. I'm greeted by the main menu that we've all seen already. ****** around with the menus for a little bit and headed to the Coin/Trophy/Sticker Section. Already had 50 coins waiting for me in the Coin Launcher. Managed to get a trophy of Booker and Copper from Animal Crossing: Wild World and a random sticker.

Everything is in Japanese and there is NO option to change languages. I should be okay though - I will continue to poke around the menus some more and see whats what. I had a trophy already upon checking the Trophy page; it was a Goron from the Legend of Zelda. I should point out that I have full save data from Melee (JPN Version) on my connected GC memory card, so I may have got that from there - I'm not sure.

Classic Mode Playthrough

Playthrough #1 as; Sheik

1 - Vs. Sheik
2 - Me and Yoshi Vs. DK and Diddy
3 - Me and Ivysaur Vs. Giant Pikachu
4 - Vs. Team Lucas
5 - Break The Targets
6 - Kirby
7 - Team Pikmin (this one hurt my eyes... >_>)
8 - Giant Fox
9 - Me and Koopa Vs. Mario and Peach
10 - Break The Targets
11 - Samus, Ike and Metaknight
12 - Master Hand (150HP)

This is what I got first time round...obviously it'll be slightly different each time you play, but expect something like this.

NOTES
- The Blaster shoots much quicker this time round.
- Mushroomy Kingdom's underground music is amazing and it's a ***** to knock anyone out of this stage.
- Played through Classic on Normal with Pit and unlocked
Captain Falcon
-

The Subspace Emissary Playthrough

Plotline

A stadium. A friendly fight is taking place between Mario and Kirby. Zelda and Peach both look on. The player chooses which of Mario or Kirby to play as, then you have to beat them.

After the fight, the Halberd arrives and drops many purple spores which turn into Primids as well as a large bomb. You choose which out of Zelda, Peach, Kirby or Mario to fight as. Beat designated number of Primids. Cutscene in which Mario is KO'ed out of the ring and you play as Kirby having to save either Zelda or Peach from Petey Piranha's cages (I chose Zelda). After fighting him, the saved Princess joins your side and in the next cutscene, Wario comes down and turns Peach into a trophy via the Trophy Gun.

With the bomb about to detonate, Kirby and saved Princess escape via Warp Star. Continuing on in the same cutscene, it is shown Pit watching the fight from up in the skies. After seeing the bomb go off, the Goddess Palutena gives Pit his trademark bow and orders him to go off and help. He does, and meets Mario who has landed up in the clouds after being KO'ed earlier. They team up and you choose who to play primarly as. Fighting through Skyworld with a bunch of Primids and Cloud-enemies, you finally each the end where upon you fight a large Greap (http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/gamemode/modea/images/modea06/modea06_070919g.jpg)

The following cutscene then shows Pit and Mario looking out to the Halberd flying ahead when all of a sudden, an Arwing swoops overhead. It cuts to Kirby and Saved Princess....turns out the Halberd is chasing them. The Aring tries to intervene, but the Halberd's cannons damage it causing Kirby and SP to fall off the Warp Star onto the deck of the Halberd where by they start walking along it and along into another part of Skyworld.

More story to come later.... :)

Answers to questions asked; You cannot play the Subspace Emissary with any character. You play a short level in which you turn switches, go through platforms etc whilst fighting Primids etc. Then there is a CG cutscene in which the plot is moved forward and in that cutscene are the characters you can use in the next level. You choose by cursor which character in the previous CG section you want to stary playing as, then the level starts.

I am 50% through The Subspace Emissary right now and
Snake, Lucario, Capt. Falcon, Marth, Pikmin & Olimar and Mr. Game and Watch
have all made appearances and have been added to the character roster to play in Vs. Matches.

Sonic
hasn't been unlocked yet.

After 50% story completion, both
Mr. Game and Watch
and
Robot
are unlocked to play.

To complete the Subspace Emissary on any difficulty. You only have to playthrough again if you want to do it on a harder setting.

WiFi Section
Played a couple of WiFi matches; won a few, lost a few. Lag is noticable but not game-breaking. It's really great!

VS Section

VS Section - Starting Roster ~Characters~
Everyone knows the starting roster now so I won't put anything here.

VS Section - Starting Roster ~Stages~

Skyworld
Final Destination
Delfino Plaza
Mushroomy Kingdom
Mario Circuit
Bridge of Eldin
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Yoshi's Island
Battleship Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 2
Port City
Castle Siege
WarioWare
Distant Planet
Smashville
New Pork City
Icicle Mountain
Battlefield
PictoChat
Shadow Moses Island
Melee - Temple Stage
Melee - Yoshi's Island
Melee - Onett
Melee - Corneria
Melee - Rainbow Cruise
Melee - Brinstar
Custom - S
Custom - M
Custom - L

....are all the maps available at the start of the game.

Unlocked -
Melee - Jungle Garden
Unlocked -
Melee - Pokemon Stadium 1
Unlocked -
Luigi's Mansion
Unlocked -
Big Blue
Unlocked -
Flatzone 2
Unlocked -
Electroplankton Stage
Unlocked -
Green Greens
Unlocked -
Tetra's Ship
Unlocked -
75m

Contest Section
Information on Multi-Man Melee, Home-Run Tournament and Target Smash will be placed here, including what is unlocked when certain actions are completed.

Contest Section - Multi-Man Melee Information

1st option is Time Attack (Unconfirmed)
2nd option is 100 Man Melle; this sometimes has a random character appearing every 25 Alloys defeated. The difficulty increases with the number you defeat. Items are allowed and the 'Alloys' in the Japanese version are called Zako Red, Zako Blue etc etc.

The Yellow Alloy IS based off Mario's moveset
The Red IS Captain Falcon
The Green IS Kirby
The Blue IS Zelda minus magic (i.e. simple punches and kicks)

Contest Section - Home-Run Information
Nothing really of note in this section except you can do Co-Op. It's pretty hard to get over 500m, but once you do all you get is a Home-Run Bat Trophy :(

Contest Section - Target Smash Information
Multiple characters on multiple difficulties. I'm SURE you unlock something once you've done all modes on all difficulties with ALL the characters....but it's going to be a while before I find out what that is.

Events Section

Events Section - Full List of Events

#1 - Beat Koopa and Dedede
#2 - Beat Sheik and Metaknight with Fox's FS a certain number of times based on difficulty
#3 - Don't let Kirby on the Halberd
#4 - Destroy all Skyworld terrain
#5 - Beat your Rival Pokemon Trainer. Best of three.
#6 - Get to the end of the Mushroomy Kingdom first without dying.
#7 - Beat certain number of tiny Diddys as soon as possible without dying.
#8 - Beat Charizard, Squirtle and Ivysaur (you play as Pikachu)
#9 - Beat both Diddys before Donkey Kong arrives
#10 - Brawl Roster 1 (Mario, DK, Kirby, Fox, Yoshi, Samus, Link, Pikachu)
#11 - Beat the Yoshis in a certain colour order
#12 - Put both enemies in eggs at the same time (you play as Yoshi)
#13 - Beat the three Warios using only one Dragoon
#14 - Don't use the Pikmin to fight until they flower
#15 - Beat the giant metal Dedede
#16 - Use the Smash Ball to turn into Samus before the other ZSS can turn into Samus
#17 - Race to the top of the Jungle and get there first
#18 - Beat Shadow Link (200HP stamina)
#19 - Beat Mario and Luigi x2
Unlocks the Mario Bros. Stage
#20 - Brawl Roster 2 (ZSS, Pokemon Trainer, Pit, Metaknight, Diddy, Lucas, Wario, Olimar)

More events to come but I need to play more of the Subspace Emissary first to get certain characters.

tl;dr Section (or, "The huge spoilers Section")

First Spoiler - 23:19pm
Completed Classic Mode on Easy. Unlocked Luigi. Picture link; http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh185/KiriSmash/100_0497.jpg

Second Spoiler - 01:02am
Complete Event Match #19 to unlock the 'Mario Classic' Stage. This is based off the original Mario Bros. game complete with Koopas, Crabs and POW Blocks

Third Spoiler - 01:50am
Complete Classic Mode with any character on NORMAL mode to unlock Captain Falcon

Fourth Spoiler - 14:14pm
Unlock Ness by playing 5 Vs. Matches

Fifth Spoiler - 14:27pm
Unlock Marth by playing 15 Vs. Matches

Sixth Spoiler - 14:34pm
In Vs. Mode, play on any Melee stages 10 times to unlock the Jungle Garden stage from Melee

Seventh Spoiler - 16:47pm
In Vs. Mode, play on Pokemon Stadium 2 10 times to unlock the Pokemon Stadium 1 stage from Melee

Eighth Spoiler - 16:53pm
In Vs. Mode, play as Luigi 3 times to unlock the Luigi's Mansion stage

Ninth Spoiler - 17:00pm
In Vs. Mode, play as Captain Falcon 10 times to unlock the Big Blue stage

Tenth Spoiler - 22:06pm (03/02/2008)
Get up to 50% of the way through the story of the Subspace Emissary unlocks Mr. Game & Watch...this usually takes between 4 to 6 hours playtime

Eleventh Spoiler - 22:44 (03/02/2008)
Robot enters the fray! Shortly after Mr. Game & Watch arrives, it is revealed that the Ancient Minister is actually the 'good' Robot, eg. the one who isn't fighting. Ganondorf who is running everything for Master Hands return gives the Minister the shaft and he is set on fire... the robes burn off to reveal Rob, who is then added to the character roster.

Twelfth Spoiler - 23:45pm (03/02/2008)
After unlocking Mr. Game & Watch, you also get Flatzone 2

Thirteenth Spoiler - 23:47pm (03/02/2008)
Complete Event Match 29 for the Electroplankton stage

Fourteenth Spoiler - 21:34pm (04/02/2008)
How to unlock
Sonic
, I just unlocked this character by
completing Classic Mode with Robot, who you gain 50% of the way through the Subspace Emissary.

Fifteenth Spoiler - 01:12am (06/02/2008)
Fight as Kirby in Vs Mode 20 times to unlock the Melee stage of Green Greens

Sixteeth Spoiler - 02:34pm (09/02/2008)
Donkey Kong's 75m stage is unlocked by playing as Dk for 20 Vs. Matches

Falco Unlock - http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh185/KiriSmash/Falco.jpg
Game and Watch Unlock - http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh185/KiriSmash/GandW.jpg
Ganondorf Unlock - http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh185/KiriSmash/Ganondorf.jpg
Jigglypuff Unlock - http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh185/KiriSmash/Jigglypuff.jpg
Marth Unlock - http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh185/KiriSmash/Marth.jpg
Sonic Unlock - http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh185/KiriSmash/Sonic.jpg
Toon Link Unlock - http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh185/KiriSmash/ToonLink.jpg
Wolf Unlock - http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh185/KiriSmash/Wolf.jpg

Smilez

Smash Journeyman
All in all, I'm happy! I guess it could have been better but the roster is pretty good. Also that into movie makes this game look like its going to be epic. I can' wait.

Super-dude

Smash Cadet
im just disapointed in falco fox and wolf having the same final smash....like..truly they could have had an arwing or something....or get the great fox to shoot the stage

Xedi

Smash Cadet
THANK YOU
(Could you just quickly say if the DVD is Dual Layer or not ?)

Xedi

Smash Cadet
Sorry, double post.
Still, thanks, can't wait for all this to get going :p

Gnight

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprised to see this thread open before the official release...

Card

Smash Lord
I also suggest that you don't bother putting spoiler tags on Characters you've unlocked, and How to unlock them. Pretty much every person viewing this thread knows the entire Roster by now and just wants to know how they are unlocked.

But please DO put Spoiler Tags on everything and anything Subspace Emissary storyline and plot related. Most people just want to know the Roster, and not the intricate details with SSE.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
are falco AND wolf clones of fox?

if so, i will be more pissed than i already am...

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Thanks for the info. And especially thanks for the spoiler tags.

the master of legends

Smash Cadet
The roster is a disappointment to me. I've seen every character on there except for the one I really even gave two sh#!@s about. Wtf is up with ROB the d@mn robot being in there and not Mega Man. Sakurai you idiot.

lazychi

Smash Cadet
just highlight the black

edit: wow we all replied at the same time, anyway thanks for info, is vids coming soon?

Teben

Smash Apprentice
I must say I am DIEING to read every single bit of SSE info I can.....but I just can't do it to myself!

I'm so excited!

Top Bottom