• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

/*\Official Brawl Dojo Update Thread/*\ (Updated-Brawl Secrets and No More Updates)

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
yes, those who he truly wanted as playable characters will be assist trophies, i didn't know who he was till i saw he was from sin & punishment, then i had a better idea of who he is. He does look so cool.

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
Yay.. i didn't know you could charge attacks... wait.. that's all my friends did.
So i like how some of the updates are starting to stretch a little bit. I am starting to think that Brawl will not be delayed again seeing as how he his running out of updates.

Kraid Guy

Smash Lord
I am a minion of Ridley and live on the Space Pira
Yay.. i didn't know you could charge attacks... wait.. that's all my friends did.
So i like how some of the updates are starting to stretch a little bit. I am starting to think that Brawl will not be delayed again seeing as how he his running out of updates.
Exactly. Next thing you know we're going to get every Pokemon update one.... by .....one.

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
That would be terrible.. i don't even know how many there are now a days. I remember the good old days of 150 and then the next one.. but i don't think i went any farther. Well seeing as he needs to do an update every day.. with 5 days a week.... and 52 weeks a year... it has to be out before this time next year... Although i am praying it won't go that long.

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
OMG this so stupied why sakurai is doing this is he up to something?
i'm so sure i mean lame updates come on like today's update
we already know about that and he did it again .......he is out of updates
atleast he can say that in the dojo site......but no.......
is he really on to something here i really can't wait for
15th Dec i have to know who is in brawl and who is not
in the end it was true he is out of updates so belive it people

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Looking at todays update, I'm very impressed at the level of detail that Sakurai is giving us into everything, even the little things. As he says, he certainly did think of everything.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Ok I'm really trying to stay optimistic about updates........and he did do the controls bit well but recent updates do leave a lot to be desired.

But I'm not complaining, not really. Here's hoping for a new character this week :), sakurai might want us all to be thinking updates are going to be really boring then he'll reveal a controversial character when we don't expect it :)

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
i thought the best part of this was the ability to use the Wii's motion sensing as a control option. I expected it, but its nice to have it confirmed.

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
I am all over the nunchuck combo... It looks so awesome.. i am in love....

Unfortunately.. they did think of everything.. and i love it.

Am waiting for a new character though

Runty_Grunty

Smash Cadet
I personally think the tap-jump disabling feature is a godsend. I can't tell you how many times I've screwed up a perfect Swordspin as Link by jumping cause of an up-tap. It's such a painintheass.

Toastmeister

Smash Apprentice
NES-Style Remote looks like a sheer waste of programming. The B button is NOT meant to be pushed with the thumb from that positioning. It just sounds like sheer awkward.

I do hope there's another way of smashing without the waggle, when in Nunchuk configuration. I'm sure it's responsive and fun, but I feel like it could be detrimental in the midst of a really heavy fight.

I'm most likely gonna' use my gamecube controllers, or pick up a classic attachment.

In any case, it's nice to know that I can have four players indefinitely, without the need of picking up any extra controllers.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
NES-Style Remote looks like a sheer waste of programming. The B button is NOT meant to be pushed with the thumb from that positioning. It just sounds like sheer awkward.

I do hope there's another way of smashing without the waggle, when in Nunchuk configuration. I'm sure it's responsive and fun, but I feel like it could be detrimental in the midst of a really heavy fight.

I'm most likely gonna' use my gamecube controllers, or pick up a classic attachment.

In any case, it's nice to know that I can have four players indefinitely, without the need of picking up any extra controllers.
Remember, the update also stated that the controls were customizable.

Kraid Guy

Smash Lord
I am a minion of Ridley and live on the Space Pira
Ok, this is decent, but we alredy knew about it, so I'm not overly excited. I'm anticipating a character soon though.

I just have one quetion. Everyone knows Ganondorf has a move where if you hold the control stick in the upper left/right hand corner and press A, he holds his leg up like charging, and brings it down in an explosion. Well, looking at the wii-mote, it doesn't seem like you can do that, since it's a control pad, not a control stick. Just a question.

I can't wait to turn that piece of crap control stick tap jump off. And everything else is good too. He's right. He has thought of everything.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
it's funny because last week, i had a brawl viewpoint for Youko's podcast about the 4 controllers, and i was almost dead on. only getting one or two buttons wrong for classic and nunchuck. i even stated motion control should be implemented, and i was right!

nice update. definetely using the Nunchuck as a secondary control scheme. gamecube all the way man

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
it's funny because last week, i had a brawl viewpoint for Youko's podcast about the 4 controllers, and i was almost dead on. only getting one or two buttons wrong for classic and nunchuck. i even stated motion control should be implemented, and i was right!

nice update. definetely using the Nunchuck as a secondary control scheme. gamecube all the way man
Not to burst your bubble, but it ain't that hard to know which buttons where which if you played SSB and any Wii Fighting game before, heck I got them almost perfectly (I predicted the taunts in the nunchuk wrong, thought they were going to be Up, Left and Right, Down being Shield as it is, Classic being obvious due to GC controller and the Wii Controller was alredy stated in the E4All) in paper before I knew them (before today), theyre similar to some other fighting games I've played. (DBZ Tenakichi 2 has almost the same controls, taking into mind the difference between games).

Motion Control, IMO I thought they were going to make a new "Brawl" that featured it, I mean you know how there is Tiny Brawl, Giant Brawl, etc. I thought they were going to make a Motion Brawl because I knew they would not leave it out, but I guess I was a bit off in how they implemented it or rather where.

Nothing personal. Just that it ain't that big of a deal.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Well, since I haven't really had a problem with Tap Jump, I'll probably leave that on, it'd be too awkward without it, and I can't wait to see how that new Shake Smash system, or, anyway, the Combo setup period (it seems to be the only suitable one besides the GC controller and arguably the Classic the controller, at least it seems to be), but I think I'll still use the GC setup.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Not to burst your bubble, but it ain't that hard to know which buttons where which if you played SSB and any Wii Fighting game before, heck I got them almost perfectly (I predicted the taunts in the nunchuk wrong, thought they were going to be Up, Left and Right, Down being Shield as it is, Classic being obvious due to GC controller and the Wii Controller was alredy stated in the E4All) in paper before I knew them (before today), theyre similar to some other fighting games I've played. (DBZ Tenakichi 2 has almost the same controls, taking into mind the difference between games).
so, i didn't say it was a big deal. i'm just surprised i was so accurate anyway. if you listened to the podcast that week, i get pretty much everything right except I thought the C button on the nunchuk was going to be used for grabbing and the X button on the Classic would be used for regular attacks (based this off of the Gamecube button locations). so i'm really surprised i was accurate, and the fact this was announced a little over a week after i did it

Motion Control, IMO I thought they were going to make a new "Brawl" that featured it, I mean you know how there is Tiny Brawl, Giant Brawl, etc. I thought they were going to make a Motion Brawl because I knew they would not leave it out, but I guess I was a bit off in how they implemented it or rather where.

Nothing personal. Just that it ain't that big of a deal.
i still guessed it. in the thing, i said for the wii-mote or nunchuk control to work, it would need some form of motion control. i'm dissapointed the Wii-Mote doesn't have any form, cause it's an awkward set-up, but it's cool to see smash attacks done with motion control. i wish things could be switched, and i could use motion control for something else, but i'm glad they implemented it in some form

Sage of Pwnage

Smash Apprentice
most people have a numchuck anyway so who cares about the wii mote only mode. Honestly not a lot of users have a classic controller and most players will use the game cube controller I am impressed though with the turning the up on the control stick off for jumping looking forward to customizing my control scheme.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
so, i didn't say it was a big deal. i'm just surprised i was so accurate anyway. if you listened to the podcast that week, i get pretty much everything right except I thought the C button on the nunchuk was going to be used for grabbing and the X button on the Classic would be used for regular attacks (based this off of the Gamecube button locations). so i'm really surprised i was accurate, and the fact this was announced a little over a week after i did it

i still guessed it. in the thing, i said for the wii-mote or nunchuk control to work, it would need some form of motion control. i'm dissapointed the Wii-Mote doesn't have any form, cause it's an awkward set-up, but it's cool to see smash attacks done with motion control. i wish things could be switched, and i could use motion control for something else, but i'm glad they implemented it in some form
Well why are you surprised is what I mean, its really not that much of a difference, its not like you made up a completely new control scheme and it came out. Its basically the same control scheme on new controllers, not really a shock. I did hear your podcast, and before I did, I had already done my speculation and strangely I differed in the ones you got wrong, like the X button, I knew it would be for jumping, look at its position, not an attack button, its relatively the Y button related to the A button on the GC, its a bit too up, they tried to make the control scheme more like the GC, although when I heard your podcast I sort of saw it your way. And the C button on the nunchuk, when you play DBZ: Tenkaichi its used for jumping/flying, so I'd figure it'd be either jumping or shielding, and Z would take the other one.

It doesn't NEED wii-mote and it never will, thats why you can turn it off, I knew Sakurai would not pass the chance to implement something that is alredy done into his game, I mean the wii motion is alredy there, why give up the chance? But its not like it won't work without it.... -_-

I thought he was going to make a Wii Motion Brawl which all players would be forced to use it in different ways, maybe for attacks, for jumping or something, never thought he would implement it in the actual "Standard" game.

Top Bottom