• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Boxart / cover?

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Nintendo can do better. Despite Kotaku making it SOUND super official, Nintendo never actually stated that the art is what we will see in February. It is just a placeholder.

B01001101ownz

Smash Apprentice
I think this is the final cover art. It's not going to have Sonic or Snake because they are unlockable

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
OK, I read over the article again, and there are two glaring flaws:

(1) -- Kotaku never linked to the press release that supposedly posted the box art. I'm not calling them liars. I would just like a source. Does anyone have a link?

(2) -- Kotaku drew their conclusion from nowhere. I doubt the press release explicitly stated, "This is the final box art. You will see this in February." They probably just used it in their press release because better box art is unavailable at this moment.

It's just plain ugly. I know Nintendo can do much better than this. ;)

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
Whatever it is, this was featured on the cover of NP.

However, they are slow, and still think December 3rd is the official release date =P

wisewaters

Smash Apprentice
OK, I read over the article again, and there are two glaring flaws:

(1) -- Kotaku never linked to the press release that supposedly posted the box art. I'm not calling them liars. I would just like a source. Does anyone have a link?

(2) -- Kotaku drew their conclusion from nowhere. I doubt the press release explicitly stated, "This is the final box art. You will see this in February." They probably just used it in their press release because better box art is unavailable at this moment.

It's just plain ugly. I know Nintendo can do much better than this. ;)

I agree with you 150%.

Most importantly, Did Sakurai, Miyamoto, Iwata, Kojima, or anyone else having to do with SSBB in Japan said this was going to the final box art?

For all we know, it could be a diversion laid out for civilians to keep us from guessing.
OR
It is a promotional that's suppose to be summary for the game, or some thing that captures the essence of SSB.
Could of done better in my opinion.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
this is old news, its been on best buy, walmart, gamestop, and many more
That means nothing. Were you not around when Twilight Princess was coming out? Those stores all had boxart that was not the final boxart.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Though that may be the case pirkid, Buzz brings up a good point with Twilight Princess. I seriously doubt that Nintendo would leave Sonic and Snake(their two biggest announcements concerning the game) off of the cover, as others have pointed out.

BlueWave

Smash Apprentice
Wow, all those in denial are pretty sad. This is the FINAL box art. It has the wi-fi logo, it has the rating, it has all that it needs to be final. NOWHERE does it say that the box art has to have all the starters or something like that. If you don't like it, get over it. I think it looks cool.

SFan414

Smash Cadet
This box art was on a gaming magazine at my school so I guess it's the real deal.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Ya, I'm pretty sure it is too. I mean who could photoshop something like this, AND get nintendo Power to beileive it would be the real deal. I think it came strait from Sakurai.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
I don't see why so many people are in denial. I think by now we can say it's definitely real. There are so many things going against it being fake. Plus, who would have the time to model out all of those characters in 3D, rig them, pose them, add perfect lighting, and add in a background, logo and everything else JUST to create fake box art. That would take a very long time and a lot of effort from a single person.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I was still skeptical until they finally released a version with the rating and the Wi-Fi logo. While I still don't like it, I am coming to grips with it.

Mario77

Smash Apprentice
This box art is amazing, at first glance I can imagine holding in my hands... Sure it's missing a few characters, but it has the most popular ones at least.

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
I only have one complaint about the boxart, Mario's moustache looks jagged. Even on the high res version (1527x2150) it looks like everything has been smoothed out to look nice, except Mario's hair and stache =S

Loranga

Smash Rookie
i belive its real to me, iv seen it on lots of sites. including internet video game shops ect..... its even on wikipedia.

Top Bottom