• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Boxart / cover?

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Has anyone considered that maybe stores like Gamestop, Amazon (like someone said earlier) EBgames, etc., hired people who were good at photoshop to make these for their stores? Ya know, to attract an audience to buy or reserve Brawl. I mean, anyone could make those covers. Maybe Nintendo hasn't released the boxart at all, but these game stores need something to attract costumers. As far as we know, they don't know any more than we do.

So, they hired these people to put characters like Sonic in it, or just made the cover look nice. Kind of like a beta version so costumers know what to expect. Especially those who don't look on DOJO.

The reason I think this way is because all the covers made are missing key characters. The ones posted on the page before doesn't even have Pokemon Trainer in it....

Apparently some of you weren't around for Twilight Princess. Before it came out, every cover design was different at every retailer.

Just a thought. ^_^

Eagle

Smash Lord
I got to page 12 before getting bored so im just gonna say

"Its looks real good and if its fake the person deserves a medal"

I for one think its real.

If its not, then... I wish I could draw like that..

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
ozz3000 said:
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=230015

CONFIRMED FINAL BOX ART. it has the wifi sticker, plus gamespot is a huge retail store
Looks cool, but don't you think if this cover was real, Nintendo would announce it? Gamestop is NOT Nintendo. They aren't the best source for proof. Wait to see what Nintendo gives. You people think IGN, Gamestop, and all these places have the official thing. They never do. Any proof about any Brawl info that is TRUE comes from Dojo or Sakurai himself.

As for the cover, I do really think its awesome! I LOVE IT! I wouldn't mind at all if it were real, especially since Link is front and center ;) But... I'm not going to say its official or not until Nintendo confirms that it is. Like many have said, but I'll just keep saying it: Everything is unconfirmed until confirmed. I'll just wait and focus on what I know now about Brawl from Dojo.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Looks cool, but don't you think if this cover was real, Nintendo would announce it? Gamestop is NOT Nintendo. They aren't the best source for proof. Wait to see what Nintendo gives. You people think IGN, Gamestop, and all these places have the official thing. They never do. Any proof about any Brawl info that is TRUE comes from Dojo or Sakurai himself.

As for the cover, I do really think its awesome! I LOVE IT! Especially since Link is front and center ;) but I'm not going to say its official or not until Nintendo confirms that it is. I'll just wait and focus on what I know now about Brawl from Dojo.
that is tru...but still yur right about it being awesome...Im so printing that and Blowing it up LOL

vonfinell

Smash Apprentice
There is no Snake on the cover! BLASPHEMY!!!
Also, if EB Game or Gamestop (same thing) put something on their site that hasn't been officially confirmed there is a 99.99999999999999999% chance that they are wrong. I say this because they have never been right in any of my experience, but I figure everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt.
The only reason I believe the release date is because Sakurai said it himself. Even so, I'm still a little shifty.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Indeed, you're the first person to point that out.

Watch out for Bowser, as he may flame.
And there he stands, beside the rain.
thx (^^)v Love the Language in its original form.....effing hate having it to translte it LOL...hey what do u think the could have down to made the boxart alot more better than it is now?

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
such a strange choice for a cover art, but its still bad-a looking. Thank god the wifi sticker is there.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Don't forget, Amazon and IGN have also put it up as the box art.
Amazon also posted an incorrect release date. They don't know jack. They guess on everything... Sure now its fixed because Dojo announced it, but I don't trust any of these places until I see Nintendo release it.

blayde_axel said:
Well, it's looking more official. Unless EB has workers who know Photoshop.
The reason I can see people believing it, is that the art on it is really good. Somebody apparently took a decent amount of time to create those characters. As far as I can see, there are no pictures of that on Nintendo.com or Dojo (obviously).

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Amazon also posted an incorrect release date. They don't know jack. They guess on everything... Sure now its fixed because Dojo announced it, but I don't trust any of these places until I see Nintendo release it.
that is tru that we need to make sure of...oh by the way...going a little bit off topic srry....but I LOVE yur potter puppet pals picture LOL:laugh::laugh::laugh: bother bother bother!!

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
yay THX (^^)v and yes it does LOL hey i just remembered something...do u rember how the box art for Melee showed the 14 characters u can play as rite???
Yeah, only the origional characters were on the cover. None of the unlockables were.

Which is interesting.... nobody knows who is unlockable and not, so this cover (if correct) would mean that Snake, DK, Diddy, Bowser, Zelda, Yoshi and Ike are all unlockables.

Assuming Brawl does the same they did with Melee, (with the cover), that would mean that Yoshi, Bowser and Zelda are unlockables... O_o Why would they be if they started out as originals in the first game? I would imagine the new comers would be unlockables... And, there has to be more characters than this.... and they would probably be unlockables before our main origional characters. Hmmmmmmmmm....?

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Yeah, only the origional characters were on the cover. None of the unlockables were.

Which is interesting.... nobody knows who is unlockable and not, so this cover (if correct) would mean that Snake, DK, Diddy, Bowser, Zelda, Yoshi and Ike are all unlockables.

Assuming Brawl does the same they did with Melee, (with the cover), that would mean that Yoshi, Bowser and Zelda are unlockables... O_o Why would they be if they started out as originals in the first game? I would imagine the new comers would be unlockables... And, there has to be more characters than this.... and they would probably be unlockables before our main origional characters. Hmmmmmmmmm....?
intersting point that just what I was thinking....speaking of which we need our bloved missing characters back as well ..the Frosty duo, the Psychokinetic Child, the Grand Prix Bounty Hunter, The Singing wonder, The Green Flash, The Mind Bender, The Father of Liquid Crystal games, The Dark King, The Dancing Sword, and The Pyro Knight....(^^)v

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
intersting point that just what I was thinking....speaking of which we need our bloved missing characters back as well ..the Frosty duo, the Psychokinetic Child, the Grand Prix Bounty Hunter, The Singing wonder, The Green Flash, The Mind Bender, The Father of Liquid Crystal games, The Dark King, The Dancing Sword, and The Pyro Knight....(^^)v
I would really like to see Captain Falcon, Ganondorf and Jigglypuff back. Maybe a few others. Not that I'll really care. I'm interested in playing Link and Pitt. :)

My biggest goal or hope was that Link could turn into a wolf like in TP. Looks like its not going to happen. :'(

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
I would really like to see Captain Falcon, Ganondorf and Jigglypuff back. Maybe a few others. Not that I'll really care. I'm interested in playing Link and Pitt. :)

My biggest goal or hope was that Link could turn into a wolf like in TP. Looks like its not going to happen. :'(
that would be kind of hard though...see ing it how he'll have a limited number of moves LOL

The Insane Link

Smash Rookie
I have some beefs with the character choice.
Let's look at the character choice:
2 mario chars. Understandable, being the embodiment of nintendo. However, Bowser seems a more natural choice than peach.
1 Zelda char. Acceptable
Until you see 2 kirby chars. This is what really messes it up for me. Now since this is HAL, this point might not be vary valid.
1 Metroid char. Once again, fine.
2 Pokemon characters. Arguably fine, pokemon being the juggernaut that it is.
1 Starfox char. Fine.
Pit and wario, once more, fine.

Now let's look at what is missing:
Earthbound rep. Meh, the next one is bigger.
Fire Emblem rep. Why Ike is not there instead, of say, Metaknight or PT, befuddles me.
Bowser, as stated before. Also Yoshi and Captain Falcon.
No DK rep. I assume Pit is the only character from Kid Icarus, and with two chars at least, a DK rep seems more natural.
3rd party characters and miscellaneous others are also lacking.
I believe this is what makes it more likely to be fake.
Otherwise, serious Beta. Or Gammon.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
2 mario chars. Understandable, being the embodiment of nintendo. However, Bowser seems a more natural choice than peach.
1 Zelda char. Acceptable
Until you see 2 kirby chars. This is what really messes it up for me. Now since this is HAL, this point might not be vary valid.
1 Starcraft char. Fine.

Now let's look at what is missing:
Earthbound rep. Meh, the next one is bigger.
Fire Emblem rep. Why Ike is not there instead, of say, Metaknight or PT, befuddles me.
Bowser, as stated before. Also Yoshi and Captain Falcon.
No DK rep. I assume Pit is the only character from Kid Icarus, and with two chars at least, a DK rep seems more natural.
3rd party characters and miscellaneous others are also lacking.
I believe this is what makes it more likely to be fake.
Otherwise, serious Beta. Or Gammon.
uhhmmm...this would probably be a bad place to tlk about that.....

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
Feels like a fake, to me. Can't put my finger on exactly why, but my gut tells me it's a fake.

I have no trouble believing there's talented enough artists out there that could draw that. I also don't get why everyone is uptight about whether the pose is used before or not. The artist (real or fake) is obviously talented enough that s/he could draw the characters in different poses than they've been shown in before. That's how concept art is done for all games/movies, remember?

The character's shown just feel too... convenient. And the overall picture has a slight empty feeling to it (not that Melee's was exactly awe-inspiring). Some good points were made about Snake and Sonic (if Sonic makes it in) and how they almost can't afford to not put them on there, especially due to the Rivalry in Sonic's case. I noticed someone posted that Sakurai said all third-party characters will be unlockable. I don't recall that, so could someone link to it? I'd hate to be out of the loop on something that important. In either case, if Snake is unlockable it doesn't matter as they've still revealed him. Thus, if Sonic is in it they likely wouldn't mind revealing him even if he was unlockable.

Though there is one hole in that theory. People are stupid and Nintendo knows it. If they see Sonic/Snake on the cover, but they aren't in the starting roster, people will call in all ******** like asking why their game disc is broken and doesn't have a character pictured on the game cover. Trust me, people that stupid are out there (but smart enough to find Nintendo's 800 number).

I remember a few months ago, when we just knew about the new characters announced in the videos, some dude on another forum was claiming as an absolute fact that all the new characters had already been revealed. Obviously, he looks pretty stupid right about now. Point is, there's a decent chance some more starting characters will be revealed before release, which may be major enough to be on the cover.

The art itself is great, but my gut tells me something's just not right.

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
Is it really so hard for people to believe that this might actually be the genuine placeholder artwork for Brawl? I mean the game is due out in the States in less than 3 months, Nintendo would have to have released a placeholder sooner or later, its something they did for Metroid Prime 3 and Mario Galaxy ages ago. Besides look at all the big sites now using it, Amazon, IGN, Gametrailers, EBGames, they wouldn't all be using some photoshopped image. And this boxart emerged what was it, nearly a week ago now? Surely it would have been exposed as a fake by now if it was, but its still there and every day more and more sites are adding it.

I know everyones cautious given the huge number of fakes and phoneys littering the internet, but not only does this look genuine, the evidence is now pointing more and more that way as time goes on. Its probably a non-issue anyway. Its just Placeholder artwork and will probably change before release anyway, the Mario Galaxy boxart has changed about 3 times, I'd expect the same to happen for Brawl.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
1 Zelda char. Acceptable
1 Starcraft char. Fine.
I dont see any starcraft characters :laugh:

Top Bottom