• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Boxart / cover?

jambre

Smash Apprentice
the only reason i dont think it is real is because it has pokemon trainer on it

though it is done very well

i hope im proved wrong though because it is very nice

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I don't get why people are calling this fake just because of lack of certain characters on the front. This is the first boxart picture we've seen that actually uses images of the characters that aren't taken from the dojo or other places; that gives it HUGE potential for being real. If someone took the time to actual make the characters on the boxart from scratch, then ****, they deserve to fool us.

Besides, you can only fit so many characters on the cover. I'm gonna go ahead and say that I think it's real.
Exactly people. If you're going to say whether you think it's Fake or Real, give some explanation instead of a "Hooray +1 post count" .

Circus stated why I think it's real. This boxart uses Character pics that no one in the world has seen yet. Either this guy is a DEVOTED fan and has alot of time and truckloads of talent, or this is definately real. Also, was EVERY character on the Melee cover (man I'm going to feel like an idiot when someone says "yes" . I should've got out my Melee case) ?

The reason why I'm leaning towards "Real" is because the odds favour it being "real". "WHAT ODDS?" ? Well, the ones I posted in the above paragraph about the guy having to be majorly skilled, devoted, lots of time....anyways.

As much as I think this is real, I don't want to believe it because it doesn't have the WiFi sticker...unless this is like...a Beta Boxart and they only put those on the finals.

raymanbud714

Smash Journeyman
its looks very very legit! but possibly not the final box art... i don't think anyones faking this veryyy coool!!!

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Circus stated why I think it's real. This boxart uses Character pics that no one in the world has seen yet. Either this guy is a DEVOTED fan and has alot of time and truckloads of talent, or this is definately real. Also, was EVERY character on the Melee cover (man I'm going to feel like an idiot when someone says "yes" . I should've got out my Melee case) ?
They were, actually. At least, all the starters. There were 4 characters fighting in the middle (Mario, Bowser, Pikachu and Link if, iirc. I don't have my case in front of me either), and the rest of the starting roster appeared in little rectangles off to the side.

BUT, expanding on your point, NOT all of the starting roster appeared on SSB64's cover. Yoshi and DK appeared on the sides.

gnosis

Smash Lord
I don't think it's real. Mainly because it looks unprofessional.

Yes, the artist who made it had skill, but there's some proportion and spacing issues (most noticeable on Mario and Fox's placement) that make it seem very Deviantart. It lacks a certain professional polish.

That is my opinion on the matter.

red stone

Smash Ace

Yes, the artist who made it had skill, but there's some proportion and spacing issues (most noticeable on Mario and Fox's placement) that make it seem very Deviantart. It lacks a certain professional polish.

yeah, metroid prime 2 and 3's boxart weren't very good either but still it came out:laugh:

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I like how people keep saying "Props to the artist(if it's fake)" when in reality, props to the artist even if it's real.

Hooray +1!

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Oh... how I agree... MP2's art look like a piece of crap!

But anyway, it's just odd that a character like DK, which has been in all... is not featured on the cover.
DK wasn't on the cover of SSB64.

And he was only in one of the little rectangles on the Melee box.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
What does pokemon trainer have to do about it?
Probably because the person thinks that the Pokemon Trainer is unlockable.

Funny, there's no proof to back up that claim. -_-

You can't back up something with something that has no proof.

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
I'd say that is very realistic. The images seemed to be custom made to fit that art on the box. Even without the wifi logo, they could redo it again. Remember, Sakurai said he wasn't making promises but he's trying his hardest. Even though all of the starter characters appeared on Melee's box. Not sure about the original SSB.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0

Mario's closer to the front and Fox is way off in the background. The only thing that looks even close to being off is how big Mario looks in comparison to Samus.

Revven

FrankerZ
Interesting...I personally, think this is a mock-up, websites that sell games (EBGames/Gamestop) usually have the boxarts (usually official) on their site but they're usually extremely small. I'm not surprised that this site has this as their boxart for the game, we'll have to see how this develops and see if it appears on EBGames/Gamestop's site anytime soon.

In the meantime, I'll lean towards it being a mock-up before saying it's the final boxart.

End Game

Smash Journeyman
I don't see how some of you people think its fake. Those characters are in poses that we have never seen before, plus they are all in 3d so it would be really hard for anyone to somehow make up those images unless you have access to the game itself like, lets say, the developing team? No John Doe did this.

All in all, this could very well be the first leak in brawl's history. If it isn't, however, then thats a pretty good fake...

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
That would be a pretty awesome boxart indeed. I hope it's official. The lack of wifi is disheartening but then again the rating is rating pending thus proving this could be a protoyype of the final product.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I guess it's a Prototype, otherwise some deviant guy has a loooot of time on his hands...

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
It could be real, but I don't think that will be the FINAL boxart.

Remember the Super Mario Galaxy boxart?

Xanderous

Smash Lord
It's obviously real. There's no way in hell that's fake.

I love how people like to seem intelligent by calling everything fake, but in this case, you just look ********. Clearly know nothing about modeling...

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I thinkt he reason people think it's fake is not to be burned again. We have been to many times. Not fun. I think it's just for protection. This, is a safe bet.

I also beleive it's early. It could change a little, and there should be a Wifi logo in the future.

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
I think its simply fake due to an odd choice of characters...its ironically a huge number of already revealed characters!

Well, it does look great, and I can believe it to be real...but something is a little too odd about it. Plus it's only in a few locations, and only in this one small size...so, hm.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I think its simply fake due to an odd choice of characters...its ironically a huge number of already revealed characters!
You're right. Having characters that are in the game on the cover clearly makes it fake. :dizzy:

Littleonetwo

Smash Cadet
looks great, different style then the last two, no surprise there, but i like it no matter if its fake or not!

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
You're right. Having characters that are in the game on the cover clearly makes it fake. :dizzy:
let me try to make this make sense; it seems as if almost all the characters we know so far have been crammed into the title art, as melee's had about 4 characters with some little boxes to represent a few others. The number of characters crammed into one piece of art makes it seem like a fan drawing.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
It's hard to say if this is real or not. It could easily be shopped (hell, someone could've even grabbed one part of a certain characters body and shopped it onto the same character in a different position to make it look like he's doing something else; if it is a shop, however, it's a **** good one), but at the same time this could be a leaked boxart of SSBB. Either way, I think it's ******** to completely assume it's fake or real or saying it's "Obviously fake/real!" all the time.

Top Bottom