• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

B0NK

Smash Lord
If I look at this I honestly can't Agree with you :$

IC's overal had a better placing then Snake and Diddy and Falco. and had more rep in top 16 then every single character except for MK and Marth.
If it would make you happier to put Marth and ZSS in place of Snake and Falco as characters above IC's, then I can. They are a strong character, but not 2nd-best-character good. An argument can even be made to put them as low as 7th or 8th best, behind Marth and ZSS. But that is not my own opinion.

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
Recent discovery shows that ICs hammers are in fact over-sized microphones used by Phil Collins during his show in Paris in 1997.
This leads me to believe ICs are borderline bottom tier.

:stefEatingHamburgerAsNess:

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Well I agree with you that IC's do get overrated but I think they still can be 2nd. It's not like that spot is solid to me. But I honestly don't know who else to put 2nd.

B0NK

Smash Lord
Personally, I'd put Olimar as 2nd best. He has the best match-up spread in the game (excluding MK's match-up spread) and has proven to have a very good solo viability.

Falco is another character with just as strong of a match-up spread, but suffers from one hard non-MK counter (ICs).

Depending on how powerful you believe Diddy's infinites are, I can also see him as 2nd, although his current metagame gameplay is not there yet.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Don't know who else you'd put second?

Follow the money imo

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Personally, I'd put Olimar as 2nd best. He has the best match-up spread in the game (excluding MK's match-up spread) and has proven to have a very good solo viability.
hmm I don't know about that one tbh. He loses to MK, IC's and Falco.
Where IC's lose to MK, ROB and probably 1 or 2 others.

B0NK

Smash Lord
IC's lose to MK, ROB, and Snake. I also feel like Olimar does a decent job against ICs and Falco, but both characters are clear counters to me too.

ICs are also more stagelist dependent than Olimar. (And all the other top, high, mid, and even low tier characters).

DeLux

Swords or items means even or better. Except for Link, you can trade him for wolf :p

Cassio

Smash Master
I think the competition at SRT was definitely nationl/international level bc it had a decent sample of players from the worlds strongest regions. Unfortunate as it is I think people seem to forget that an overwhelming majority of players that do well at nationals come from three areas: Japan, NY/NJ, and Socal. Go take a quick looksie at the Apex 2013 results.

Also, I feel like people massively overrate olimar. I think hes definitely top 5, but most people look at the character and are quick to claim how dumb he is without bothering to assess or abuse his weaknesses, the only character that bothered to put that time in were the metaknights (and a few individual players here and there like larry, razer, etc.). I think right now hes top 3 but if people actually learn to fight him he could potentially fall a bit in a snake like manner.

Maybe people overrate ICs, but other characters arent all that either.
You do this because someone changing characters tells you they wouldn't have been able to win with their main solo, Doesn't matter if they won with that character or not, they switched for a reason.
This is actually an interesting point, I was talking to Tyrant and K9 about this and it was mentioned on stream when ESAM played Zero and went ICs one game then 3-0'd him with pika. They were saying how sometimes peeps will change characters as a palet cleanser or since they feel worn on the character theyre using. In this case it has more to do with the player than the MU.

B0NK

Smash Lord
This is actually an interesting point, I was talking to Tyrant and K9 about this and it was mentioned on stream when ESAM played Zero and went ICs one game then 3-0'd him with pika. They were saying how sometimes peeps will change characters as a palet cleanser or since they feel worn on the character theyre using. In this case it has more to do with the player than the MU.
If you're going to use Esam as an example, probably best to ask him himself since he could probably tell you what drives his match-up decisions. Interviews are such a great source for information

B0NK

Smash Lord
I think the competition at SRT was definitely nationl/international level bc it had a decent sample of players from the worlds strongest regions. Unfortunate as it is I think people seem to forget that an overwhelming majority of players that do well at nationals come from three areas: Japan, NY/NJ, and Socal. Go take a quick looksie at the Apex 2013 results.
It was a national/international if you judge the tourney solely by the national's top player's (in attendance) skill level. But I believe the amount of top players in attendance at a given tourney can have a huge impact on the results. Apex, Pound, and Genesis just have more top players which means that matches get more difficult to win earlier in bracket than at SRT.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
^^^^^ This is a legit argument IMO. Olimar has an enormous amount of potential as demonstrated by Nietono and IMO Oli Falco should be even. It's just that Nietono dropped off the map because he either got to ill or busy to attend tournaments/practice enough from what I heard. Putting IC's below 3rd to me just seems like madness though. I can accept either IC's or Oli at 2nd. I have various other reasons but I'm to lazy.

DeLux

Shouldn't be madness because ICs are in fact around the 7th or 8th best character :p

B0NK

Smash Lord
^^^^^ This is a legit argument IMO. Olimar has an enormous amount of potential as demonstrated by Nietono and IMO Oli Falco should be even. It's just that Nietono dropped off the map because he either got to ill or busy to attend tournaments/practice enough from what I heard. Putting IC's below 3rd to me just seems like madness though. I can accept either IC's or Oli at 2nd. I have various other reasons but I'm to lazy.
Was going to like your post, but then you said ICs

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Nietono didn't attend Apex however he still attend a lot of tourneys in Japan. he's still there don't worry =)

@ Bonk now you know why I never use the word MK to much in my posts =)

Osennecho

Smash Ace
Nietono didn't attend Apex however he still attend a lot of tourneys in Japan. he's still there don't worry =)
@ Bonk now you know why I never use the word MK to much in my posts =)
He attends less than he used to and rarely goes Olimar anymore unless something changed over the last couple months.

Was going to like your post, but then you said ICs
It's a start. XD

Illuvial

Exploring Tallon IV
NNID
Illuvial
3DS FC
1435-3676-0317
Switch FC
SW-1736-8649-2292
The fact that it is 2013 and Jigglypuff is not SS tier just baffles me! First you stick DDD in a non-SSS tier and now this?

What ever shall I do with you Brawl community?

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I played melee yesterday as jigglypuff and now i think i might quit brawl altogether

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
Jigglypuff is banned in Smash 4. You heard it here first.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
Jigglypuff is banned in Smash 4. You heard it here first.
Puff will never get banned. She's too cute, pink, fluffy, and demoralizing. Now if Puff isn't in a Smash that would be different. Buuutttt if she's not in Smash 4 I'm not getting it or the console >_> Get on my level Sakurai. Also you need more platypus. Put it back.

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
I think the GIF was much better than this. But, they need Platypus as a Starfox character.
Dude, I don't even think there's a platypus Pokemon. What's up with that ****?
Poison/Water Pokemon, where you at

Illuvial

Exploring Tallon IV
NNID
Illuvial
3DS FC
1435-3676-0317
Switch FC
SW-1736-8649-2292
How to get likes from Shiny Mewtwo or pidgezero!
Step 1) Be Canadian

Or alternatively

Step 1) Say that Jigglypuff is anything more than a manly yet adorable pile of disappointment in Brawl.

The end

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
How to get likes from Shiny Mewtwo or pidgezero!
Step 1) Be Canadian

Or alternatively

Step 1) Say that Jigglypuff is anything more than a manly yet adorable pile of disappointment in Brawl.

The end
Strangely I think you have more likes from me than anyone else in this thread does

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom