• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, i'm legally bound to hype fox for 2 years.
it was part of my wireless contract with AT&T.

I find it funny that most fox mains didn't even think we was going to rise before this tier list.
personally i thought he was going to drop.

compare that to the wolf mains going "OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOGMOGM WOLF IS SO GOD TIER" now.

also auspher every time you enter a "fox's position on the tier list" discussion it ALWAYS devolves into fox vs wolf.
i just inb4'd you this time.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
also auspher every time you enter a "fox's position on the tier list" discussion it ALWAYS devolves into fox vs wolf.
i just inb4'd you this time.
This little part legitly made me lol

EDIT: Wrong contract...just keep killing those witches

D

Deleted member

I can't let Fox do that.

Duh...haven't you guys ever played Star Fox 64?

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
placings doesn't matter - it's who you beat. t0mmy can be placing first in every little local he attends, it doesn't matter if he's beating peanutpopper492 or auraabuser329

Yeah, I already talked about potential a few pages back. They go hand and hand and you need both. Although you may think ROB is SSS tier, he doesn't place nationally like at all, so he needs to drop.
lol, I don't think he is SSS tier...
"lack of rep" =/= lack of arguement.

From ripple's thread, you can see ROB has more rep than Sonic, Wolf, Ike, DDD, Peach and Ness. All of those characters have better results though.

Falcon is underrepresented
Nice. Looking at the data puts things into better perspective, thank you. I would agree by that point that there is an argument for a rise on the list for those characters then. There being an utter lack of results (at least on this site) for R.O.B. compared to his entrys makes me a bit sad. There can be an argument made for the character to drop, though R.O.B. still has the tools to compete in the current metagame(this is just imo, though).

BTW, why do you say that "lack of rep" =/= lack of arguement and then present an argument showing that there IS representation? Its kinda confusing, lol.

@Illmatic: I see two 1st place spots, five 2nd place spots, only one of which had more than 25 players. I DID see a number of 3rd, 4th and 5th placements though. Its interesting to see this kind of data for a character that I have seen argued as "not placing" lol. Congrats on your wins, btw. :)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
except, it doesn't, never has, and never will work because it was completely warranted.
fox has consistent results, an okay matchup spread, and theoretically he's a good character besides the obvious couple counters which obviously aren't as bad as people used to think.

if you're going to argue against his rise, at least have a valuable argument to present, which nobody ever does.
I could stick this as an argument for Wolf and it would work just as well.

I think Wolf's tools and spread is better, result wise you got TKD, NAKAT, and Zeton for Fox, Kain, Seagull man, AC, for Wolf.

They both have the same victories in a sense, they both have beaten their hard counters before, granted I feel like there are some issues with people not knowing the MU in some cases on both sides.

Fox proves himself to the same levels Wolf does, difference is part of the things I'm looking at are the MU spreads, as I see them in some cases where I don't agree on both sides for certain MUs, and the basic tools in what they do in MUs.

I'm no expert on either, but based on what is presented I'm stating an answer for it, at least my opinion of this.

all that is ever brought up is how "herp derp fox counterpicks mk on bad stages" and "herpderp he has hard counters".
Which are valid points even if they are repeated multiple times, granted Zeton is a better example for solo Fox and CP situation.

Chuee

Smash Hero
I can't let Fox do that.

Duh...haven't you guys ever played Star Fox 64?
He's the good guy.
He always wins.

Red Ryu said:
I think Wolf's tools and spread is better, result wise you got TKD, NAKAT, and Zeton for Fox, Kain, Seagull man, AC, for Wolf.
If you're going to add AC for wolf then add Trevonte, Megafox, and Trump for fox.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471

They both have the same victories in a sense, they both have beaten their hard counters before, granted I feel like there are some issues with people not knowing the MU in some cases on both sides.

Fox proves himself to the same levels Wolf does, difference is part of the things I'm looking at are the MU spreads, as I see them in some cases where I don't agree on both sides for certain MUs, and the basic tools in what they do in MUs.

I'm no expert on either, but based on what is presented I'm stating an answer for it, at least my opinion of this.

Which are valid points even if they are repeated multiple times, granted Zeton is a better example for solo Fox and CP situation.
Where is Trevonte, Trump, and MegaFox is in your Fox list?

I can't take away your opinion and I respect that, but I can correct misguided thoughts. Those valid points have been validly shot down repeatedly which is why the usual response to them now is me and Nakat trolling.

EDIT: Trolling part is aimed at the MK MU or CPs

D

Deleted member

Don't forget Semifer for Wolf, or Yikarur will bring forth his wrath upon this thread.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I left ones off on both sides.

The other points would be picking up MK for certain stages. I really can't let that go for affecting viability, Zeton has changed my mind a bit in that regard.

Then I look at the MU spreads and I get mixed responses from the mains, not everyone agreed with certain disadvantages on the Wolf side, this applies to the Fox side as well.

If I took the changes it still looks like Wolf's spread is a bit better which is why I'm siding with him being better.

They probably are close to each other on the list, at least at this point.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Don't forget Semifer for Wolf, or Yikarur will bring forth his wrath upon this thread.
If you want to go to EU (they never post their winnings on our thread but when they do it's good) don't forget about Cloud, Judge, and Guard.

EDIT: I don't disagree about them being near each other, I personally don't think Wolf is a bad character. also you might want to check out Trump as another Solo Fox in FL.

Is it wrong that I find it funny that MegaFox (a 12 year old Fox) 3-0'd Polster?
No offense Polster.

Chuee

Smash Hero
A tier:
Fox
Lucario

I wish I had the fur of Fox tier:
Wolf

Not even worth mentioning tier:
Falco

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
ROFL @ Luc being anywhere near anybody else on the furry list (Clearly more broke than MK).

Also, sonic is in there somewhere.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
You forget DK, diddy, pika, and jiggs, and you might as well throw yoshi, bowser, ivy, charizard, squirtle cuz they're scalies.

And D3 is in the same category as falco.

And ganon can turn into beast ganon with a smash ball.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Bowser?
Bowser is a scaly not a furry
DK - furry
diddy - furry
pika - furry
jiggs - pokemon?
yoshi, bowser, ivy, charizard, squirtle
Scaly =/= furry

Chuee

Smash Hero
Scalies count.
They different though.

FURRY TIER LIST 2.0
A tier: Fox Lucario
B tier: Wolf Diddy
C tier: Pika
D tier: Falco
Ugly as **** tier: DK

SCALY TIER LIST 1.0
God tier: Squirtle
A tier: Yoshi Ivy
Fat **** tier: Zard Bowser

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
lol.
pit however is debatable imo.
dk is fine where he is.
rob could fall into d tier.
wolf doesn't fit anywhere near the top of c tier.
both sonic and wolf should be low/mid c tier.
most likely low imo.
also wolf is not better than peach.

also this.
people lately have started to worship results like they're the only thing showing character potential.
Wolf is definitely better then Peach. Rob shouldn't warrent a drop in tier. Pit has no usage anymore and is countered by Mk very hard, which why Pit's all dropped Pit for Mk.
I forgot the tier list was based off of arguments of "this this this".
Biased wolf main is biased.
I should go back to talking about how much he sucks, to counteract how much you guys overrate him.
I don't overate him. He is a mid tier character, but if we go off of recent results and matchup spread (What else do we go by then?) then Wolf warrants a sizable rise to at least the middle of C tier.

Also, almost al the Wolf mains have beaten the Fox mains lmao. I've beaten Nakat. Kain beat Zeton. Ac goes even with Tkd. Wolf vs Fox is even though.
He's the good guy.
He always wins.

If you're going to add AC for wolf then add Trevonte, Megafox, and Trump for fox.
Then the Wolfs can also add Holms, Choice, and Semifer.
Lets not forget Yui then!
There are no japan Wolf's.
A tier:
Fox
Lucario

I wish I had the fur of Fox tier:
Wolf

Not even worth mentioning tier:
Falco
Lolololol.

@People bringing up Will's placement at Whobo for Dk. He then got 17th at an Md/Va local the next week, losing to me and the Sonic D1aos.

Also, based off of money performances from Ripple's thread, Wolf is ninth in cash bringers. He is ahead of every other mid tier and some high tiers lmao. I love the data.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
They different though.

FURRY TIER LIST 2.0
A tier: Fox Lucario
B tier: Wolf Diddy
C tier: Pika
D tier: Falco
Ugly as **** tier: DK

SCALY TIER LIST 1.0
God tier: Squirtle
A tier: Yoshi Ivy
Fat **** tier: Zard Bowser
You forgot D3 in there, and why is Falco a furry when he has feathers?

Also, @Scaly list, if you actually knew anything about being a furry/scaly, you would know that charizard is god tier and that bowser isn't far behind. IMO, it would be (in this order) Charizard, Bowser, Ivysaur, Yoshi, Squirtle.

Ivy actually gets a good amount of rep as well due to her vines.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Furry list IMO would be: Fox, Lucario, Sonic, Wolf, Pika, Diddy, DK.

@Chuee: What can I say, scalies like em big

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I prefer that typo of "Galco," myself.

Funny, though--That's the name of a leading gun holster company.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
^^lol you caught my typo before I could fix it :p

And feathers list: Falco, D3

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
As funny as talking about a furry tier list would be, defiantly off topic. Back on track plz and thank you.

Although if someone wants to make it, they should do it in the general furry group.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Oh, Tagxy, I have some interesting information, then. One of the few side projects I've been keeping track of in Ripple's thread.

MK has 120 different users who have placed in the money. No other character even has HALF that many users placing in the money. Snake is in second, with 50 users, and everyone below him has even less.

This data alone should help alleviate some of the inherent flaws of just keeping track of money won by each character, right?
I posted this basically right before the thread got derailed. I don't think anyone saw it. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom