• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Nobody's taken my offer. I haven't really asked anyone yet aside from that one post haha. Call/text. And can someone post the link to the info thread for me, I'm too lazy from turkey to look right now.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
People, my phone is (504) 388 3204 if you need to contact me.

I'll not be on the boards later because of Smash.

Oh, who am I kidding? Not even Smash can stop me from talking about Smash on the internet.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
The hippopotamus (Hippopotamus amphibius), from the Greek ἱπποπόταμος (hippopotamos, ιππος hippos meaning "horse" and πόταμος potamus meaning "river"), often shortened to "hippo", is a large, mostly plant-eating African mammal, one of only two extant species in the family Hippopotamidae (the other being the Pygmy Hippopotamus). It is the heaviest extant artiodactyl, though quite a bit shorter than the Giraffe.

The hippopotamus is semi-aquatic, inhabiting rivers and lakes in sub-Saharan Africa in groups of 5-30 hippos. During the day they remain cool by staying in the water or mud; reproduction and childbirth both occur in water, where territorial bulls preside over a stretch of river. They emerge at dusk to graze on grass. While hippos rest near each other in territories in the water, grazing is a solitary activity and hippos are not territorial on land.

Despite their physical resemblance to pigs and other terrestrial even-toed ungulates, their closest living relatives are cetaceans (whales, porpoise, etc.). The common ancestor of whales and hippos split from other even-toed ungulates around 60 million years ago. The earliest known hippopotamus fossils, belonging to the genus Kenyapotamus in Africa, date to around 16 million years ago.

The hippopotamus is recognizable for its barrel-shaped torso, enormous mouth and teeth, hairless body, stubby legs and tremendous size. It is similar in size to the White Rhinoceros; only elephants are consistently heavier. Despite its stocky shape and short legs, it can easily outrun a human. Hippos have been clocked at 30 mph (48 km/h) while running short distances, faster than an Olympic sprinter. The hippopotamus is one of the most aggressive animals in the world, and is often regarded as the most dangerous animal in Africa. There are an estimated 125,000 to 150,000 hippos remaining throughout Sub-Saharan Africa, of which Zambia (40,000) and Tanzania (20,000-30,000) have the largest populations.[1] They are still threatened by poaching for their meat and ivory canine teeth, and by habitat loss.

fridayslobster

Smash Apprentice
I've been playing way too much of that game lately.

And wikipedia is preventing me from editing the article on hippopotamus.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Wow... I didn't know it was possible, but you found a way to make Samus not look bad ***.

You have broken physics with that fail. Please discontinue it immediately.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Hello lads. I'll be returning tomorrow morning and may need something to do in the afternoon/evening.

Any volunteers for fun times?

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I'll come over, Dan, but I certainly won't be playing Halo.

I long ago had the FPS shot out of me. If I play one anytime soon, it'll be L4D with Taj :3

Provided I get a computer that can run it :(

Head Woof

Smash Rookie
Would anyone be interested in getting together and playing some brawl at my house this week at some point? Possibly even tomorrow, i will get back to you on that.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Naw, never mind then Rob. It's a work night, so we don't have all day.

We'll all get together again real soon. The semester is nearly over, and I'll have a lot of time this winter break.

fark

Smash Apprentice
Would anyone be interested in getting together and playing some brawl at my house this week at some point? Possibly even tomorrow, i will get back to you on that.
if by tomorrow you mean today then yes id be down to play

EDIT:nevermind i cant go today
maybe sometime this week though

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Hey everyone in AZ!
On January 10th one of my friends is hosting a melee tournament in SV.
We were going to do Biweeklies but now its gonna have to be more like a monthly thing.
Our first tournament was 11/22/08, but due to relatives coming in from out of town he can't hold a december tournament. But on 1/10/09 will be a new years SSBM tournament. If anyone plans on coming Pm me or J.TwisT and we'll give you directions.

Host Town: Sierra Vista
Entry fee: $10
Start: 1:00 Pm
End: Whenever its over.

Alright, hope at least some of you can make it.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
For all interested, I completely lied and played Halo this evening. 4 player co-op completing the campaign on Legendary... and I accidentally skipped the ending cut-scene. Let's just say I L-canceled it and leave it at that :3

Why are you people hosting tournaments when I'm not around? It's rude.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
For all interested, I completely lied and played Halo this evening. 4 player co-op completing the campaign on Legendary... and I accidentally skipped the ending cut-scene. Let's just say I L-canceled it and leave it at that :3

Why are you people hosting tournaments when I'm not around? It's rude.
They don't want you stealing their $$$ obv :p

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yes, good Halo times were had. I'd love to have a more full LAN, too. Who all would want to play? We could do 4v4's on MLG settings. We could fit 4 TV's just fine and do split screen.

The end of the semester is upon us, and we need a good end-of-semester party.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Halo? are you serious? If SV would be able to come down I'd play anyone and everyone in that.... That was my game before smash! lol i wanna play.. Halo is fun.... Can I play with anyone????????? pwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzz!?

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Halo? are you serious? If SV would be able to come down I'd play anyone and everyone in that.... That was my game before smash! lol i wanna play.. Halo is fun.... Can I play with anyone????????? pwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzz!?
I'm not very good, but I'll play. What's your gamertag?

Yes, good Halo times were had. I'd love to have a more full LAN, too. Who all would want to play? We could do 4v4's on MLG settings. We could fit 4 TV's just fine and do split screen.

Yeah, I'd love to LAN if at all possible.

EDIT:

On topic: Marth is gay.

I feel asleep

Smash Apprentice

I am so down whenever for a Halo/Smash/whatever fest.

Top Bottom