• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

MilesisXcore

Smash Rookie
Alright so everyone is starting the melee trend back up again there needs to be a big meeting/tournament/friendlies somewhere preferably in tucson somewhere

also i use a samus against falco it doesnt sound like the best choice but my edge guarding and recovery is excellent maybe someone can show me otherwise?

Howdy

Smash Rookie
Hold it!

Try a Dair to Knee or D-Throw to Knee combo for a KO. You will be hooked.

Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y8rQ_0zNIg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q9fL2kMHYk

Look at these movies for super play on the characters you like Dooky and Howdy!
I've already watched that first video, it really made me want to main Falcon. But I'll probably be playing Shiek, she was my main back when I played. When I was blissfully unaware of all the crazy technical stuff.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Someone teach me Sheik. ._. I wanna actually try and not be a failure in Melee this time around.

SOMEONE HOST A MELEE SMASHFEST, PPPLLLLEEEAAASSSSEEEEE

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Tee ay eye: I have no idea yet, just due to the fact that I have never played it. I love watching Isai play C. Falcon, Forward makes me want to play Falco, Ken makes me want to play Marth, and Taj makes me want to play Mewtwo. I will try everyone out to see how it is but I think I will start with C. Falcon. EPIC KNEES!

Kosuke: Sweet! Once I get the game I will make a shout out on here and see if anyone wants to play on a random night.

Howdy: Fun fun! I haven't been Smashing at ALL lately. This will be a fun excuse to get into something new. :)

But yeah, I will try Falcon out, then Falco, and then learn everyone from there on out.

:) I hope Melee is fun!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDfhEh15cr8

This video's pretty good too..

It helps that you know two of the people in it as well. Tony's Marth is good too.

But um... if anyone lives in an area that can be easily reached by bus or is willing to pick me up from AZ Mills or Camelback & Central Ave (where my parents work) then I can smash with you on Saturday.

p.s. Dook, are you going to coreygames' tourney?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Alright so everyone is starting the melee trend back up again there needs to be a big meeting/tournament/friendlies somewhere preferably in tucson somewhere

also i use a samus against falco it doesnt sound like the best choice but my edge guarding and recovery is excellent maybe someone can show me otherwise?
Lol wtf?

Samus is an amazing character against Falco.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
forward and i were talking about trying to go to the phx melee tournament. maybe jet4 will want to drive if we pay him gas money ;)

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
Oh so I only have 16 days to be the best Falcon in the world in Melee? I am screeeeewed!

I think I will show up to the tournament at Corey's, that is, unless, I die, or an emergency shows up.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Hey, Tai...

Mind if I borrow your Gamebridge since I kinda did lend you my cable? I mean, I don't really see you using it much. Next time I see you, if you would. Thanks.

Howdy

Smash Rookie
I'll go to the tourney, give you guys some free money. Hopefully get some friendlies in.

Dook, we should play teams. I'll put up the $10 if we practice in the next couple weeks. I have no GC, or Wii, or Melee disk. But I do have a controller.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
No way Howdy, me and dook are together for life.

If you do team with him, at least use my name tag.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
WHO WANTS TO PLAY MELEE WITH ME ON SATURDAY?

ANYONE WHO LIVES NEAR ARIZONA MILLS OR CENTRAL + CAMELBACK.

If you can pick me up, or if you are in easy bus range from one of those places, please contact me if you want to play Melee tomorrow.

p.s.

Kosuke, I don't use my Gamebridge much because my laptop doesn't work with my Gamebridge (it has XP, I think my laptop has a defective piece of hardware somewhere in it)

Also, the re-recording process of VCR recording things is VEEEERY tedious.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I will use it to upload any videos people give me :D
Melee or brawl :D

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Hold it!

*points finger*

(...?! I'm drawing a blank...! ... ...Ah, I guess I could say this...) ._.;

Tai...Isn't it possible to record things without the VCR? You told me without one, it only makes the screen dark. I would be fine without all the messy recording. I only want to borrow it for a little while.

(Aha! I know!)

Tai, why not come Saturday to my Mom's house? I'll be there.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Hold it!

*points finger*

(...?! I'm drawing a blank...! ... ...Ah, I guess I could say this...) ._.;

Tai...Isn't it possible to record things without the VCR? You told me without one, it only makes the screen dark. I would be fine without all the messy recording. I only want to borrow it for a little while.

(Aha! I know!)

Tai, why not come Saturday to my Mom's house? I'll be there.
Yes, that may be a good idea.

I'll see YOU on the Internet.

CHUK

Smash Ace
Can someone message me when they are down to smash, I don't have school on tues/thurs and am willing to bus.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
[21:43:13] rugoodat: how do i talk a kid out of commiting suicide
[21:44:22] xroflmaowtfx: who wants to commit suicide?
[21:44:31] rugoodat: a friends friend
[21:44:52] xroflmaowtfx: ....
[21:44:55] xroflmaowtfx: so in other words
[21:44:56] xroflmaowtfx: your friend
[21:44:59] rugoodat: kinda
[21:45:02] rugoodat: ive never met him
[21:45:06] rugoodat: but he always talks to me
[21:45:18] xroflmaowtfx: invite him to your house
[21:45:22] xroflmaowtfx: and play melee with him
[21:45:26] rugoodat: thats weird because
[21:45:29] rugoodat: HE LIVES IN CALI
[21:45:32] rugoodat: >_<
[21:45:36] xroflmaowtfx: even better!
[21:45:41] xroflmaowtfx: cali has an amazing melee community
[21:45:44] rugoodat: lmao

Btw, I have an early release day next Wednesday (NEXT Wednesday, the 17th)

Does anyone want to get some pre-tourney practice with me that day?

Or do any aspiring Melee players want to get taken under my wing and be severely beaten with anthropomorphic animals or a sexually ambiguous prince and ninja until they are at least competent at this game?

Howdy

Smash Rookie
Or do any aspiring Melee players want to get taken under my wing and be severely beaten with anthropomorphic animals or a sexually ambiguous prince and ninja until they are at least competent at this game?
I don't think I'll become competent in a day, but I may take you up on this if you don't find someone good to practice with. I played Melee for the first time in years yesterday, I'm totally worthless at all the technical stuff. And just mostly worthless at the rest. But I beat my brother and step-brother, so that means I'm tourney-awesome right? I need to buy a GC, like today, and start practicing.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Getting ***** by you Tai would probably be very helpful to me. Plus my parents can't assume you are a rapist and I can go over without question. :) JUST TEACH ME TO SUCK LESS ADLKFJSADO:F

Top Bottom