• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Are you guys hating on brawl :(

NM is being mean :(

Can i hang here for a while?

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Hold it!

No one is hating on Brawl. Almost everyone here in AZ just agrees Melee is overall better. Ask witnesses from Goop's Smashfest a week ago.

Don't let people's opinions get to you...Judging from the evidence, only Alphabravo is the one bashing Brawl for what it is. The others in New Mexico just like Brawl because they can actually win tourneys...

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Ok :D

Yeah, but Alpha is one of my best friends and to see him like this is like... Alcoholism
sad face

But hey! I think i know what our power rankings are naow :D

1st Sinz
2nd Alphabravo
3rd Johnnylaw
4th Xion
5th Golden Glove
6th Sliraobe God
7th Erich
8th Kashakanaki
9th Chefman
10th Issacard

:D

I mean.

Sad face.

N

Nightwing87

i dont really understand why brawl is worse then melee..
i mean they spent so much time on it, yet so many more errors and incomplete characters were made.. some guys look like they were made in less then 5 minutes, because their moves are so uncreative..
the Wii in general is a lackluster system, imo. it could be better constructed, nintendo made a dud this time around. i think 64 and cube were much better systems for their time, especially the 64.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
I'll just say this:

-Nintendo is now catering to the casual audience (Look at E3 2008).
-Brawl, therefore, is dumbed down to a bad competitive level where all you have to do is shield camp to win.
-Sakurai rushed the game which explains all the legal glitches everyone has found (Even more exist in Brawl than in Melee!)
-The game took a lot of time to make, with about a hundred composers and many people all over the JP video game industry working on it.
-This also explains the three times it was delayed.

I hope all you dumb casual morons out there enjoy your stupid Subspace Emissary and ******** stages like 75m or New Pork City.

If any of you recall, I WAS the person who was most excited to see how Brawl would be for the Smash scene for AZ. And now I loathe THE SMASH SCENE FOR IT! Not the game. The game has cool nostalgic music. This should be saying something. Yes.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
If any of you recall, I WAS the person who was most excited to see how Brawl would be for the Smash scene for AZ. And now I loathe it. This should be saying something.
You're welcome, guys.

April 12, 2008...

[12:37:51] KosukeKGA: Tai, I never understood why you hate Brawl, so please, enlighten me =]

[12:45:30] KosukeKGA: Maybe in a few months, people will soon realize that Brawl is a campfest and will get bored of it

MilesisXcore

Smash Rookie
Personally i prefer Melee for its quickness and surprises in brawl you can tell ahead of time where the person is headed and how they attack like otheres said the shieldcamping is easier to do unlike in melee where the faster characters pulled out a combo in the time a haracter in brawl does one move i miss using C Falcon jumping and of course when the Knee was all powerful now its like dead i like brawl but i can play melee for a longer time without getting bored

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Gamer!

<333333
Whaaaaaat lol i just said its more complete. i still play brawl (even though jet4 and i had just gotten done playing melee when i posted that)

Personally i prefer Melee for its quickness and surprises in brawl you can tell ahead of time where the person is headed and how they attack like otheres said the shieldcamping is easier to do unlike in melee where the faster characters pulled out a combo in the time a haracter in brawl does one move i miss using C Falcon jumping and of course when the Knee was all powerful now its like dead i like brawl but i can play melee for a longer time without getting bored
look on your keyboard. locate the M button. Two keys to the right, there's supposed to be a button that you are apparently missing on your keyboard. If it's there, USE IT.

...............................................................................................................................
..............................................................................................................................
...............................................................................................................................
..............................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................
.................................................................................................................................
.................................................................................................................................
..................................................................................................................................
..................................................................................................................................

N

Nightwing87

im not in school, therefore, i dont require ...........................................
.........................................................................................................................

Statistics

Smash Cadet
So is AZ officially stopping Brawl? I feel a bit disheartened at the recent comments in this thread. I can certainly respect the common opinion here that Melee is a better game, and I agree, to a point.

Still, the main reason that I like Brawl more than I like Melee is simply because the mind games are more prevalent. Specifically, there is less of an execution barrier before the game starts becoming interesting. Melee is technically demanding, while Brawl is not. I can't really see where the mind games are when I watch Melee videos, and that's probably one of the reasons why I'm not good at Melee. From there, you could say that I don't have the brainpower to compete, but I cannot accept that! Besides, if any one of you were in the Korean Starcraft circuit you'd probably find Melee to be stale by comparison, since that game (at the highest level) requires hundreds of decisions per minute.

Anyways, Northbound and I will be at my apartment in the evening, keeping the Phoenix Brawl scene (or what's left of it) on life support. Again, anyone who wants in is welcome.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Well...No one has said anything about Brawl stopping. We just want that Melee tourney to come by and everyone is excited.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Anyways, Northbound and I will be at my apartment in the evening, keeping the Phoenix Brawl scene (or what's left of it) on life support. Again, anyone who wants in is welcome.
tucson is still pretty good with brawl, you guys should make the trip over here and play us

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
So is AZ officially stopping Brawl? I feel a bit disheartened at the recent comments in this thread. I can certainly respect the common opinion here that Melee is a better game, and I agree, to a point.

Still, the main reason that I like Brawl more than I like Melee is simply because the mind games are more prevalent. Specifically, there is less of an execution barrier before the game starts becoming interesting. Melee is technically demanding, while Brawl is not. I can't really see where the mind games are when I watch Melee videos, and that's probably one of the reasons why I'm not good at Melee. From there, you could say that I don't have the brainpower to compete, but I cannot accept that! Besides, if any one of you were in the Korean Starcraft circuit you'd probably find Melee to be stale by comparison, since that game (at the highest level) requires hundreds of decisions per minute.

Yeah, although many Brawlers claim that Brawl "has more mindgames" than Melee, this is most certainly not entirely true. It's just that Melee's mindgames are a bit under the surface, and you don't learn to use them until you reach a higher level of play. Brawl, on the other hand, kinda beats you over the head with it and doesn't really make it better, but only makes it more apparent.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I go to UAT, I'm out in the commons right now. I was kicking *** yesterday, but, sadly, I have work today... and tomorrow... Thursday... and Friday...

N

Nightwing87

sigh.. why is everything i say/ do either disliked, made fun of, or mocked? ._.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Because people who know what they're talking about can tell when someone has no clue about what they're talking about.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I'm appalled that I know this person, I'm surprised that he hasn't failed English yet.

Learn2Grammar.

Top Bottom