• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
is the PR in need of an update, I mean yes i've been wanting to, but has there been a tourney where most of AZ's players attended lately?

Jiv

Smash Apprentice
Dammit I wish I would've started playing again when I was livin in Sierra vista :/

:phone:

Jiv

Smash Apprentice
I moved to sv last October for 5 months but then I came back to safford bc I wanted to graduate here.

Jiv

Smash Apprentice
You and axe are from there right? I looked at several peoples pages on the az melee fb group like a creeper bc I was curious to see where everyone was from, and I noticed you guys both went to buena. I hated it there, there was no orchestra :(

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Then again... Sierra Vista, also had Axe, whom I helped.. and a few others... :) but again, you'd only practice vs a Yoshi, and a Link... not exactly "useful" practice....so it's better to practice prolly elsewhere

Yep, Jeff and I both went to Buena... :)

Jiv

Smash Apprentice
What smashers live in Tucson? I may be able to go there next weekend..

Jiv

Smash Apprentice
Is Rob wobbles? Also, do you think it would be possible for me to start a scene in safford? lol I REALLY wanna play so badly. Anybody, they don't even have to know anything about the game really. This area isn't too much smaller than vista, and our college is much prettier haha :)

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
it depends... i basically started the scene with Sierra Vista.. (technically Mr. J, and turnup did... and elvis too) but I kinda brought everyone together, and helped everyone improve etc.. set up things.... I don't so much anymore.... but in all honestly even then I was lucky...

I was lucky, I had Jeff, Seabass, Joey, etc... (players willing/wanting to learn) without that it doesn't really matter what you find... if players aren't going to WANT to get better.. finding a scene is very difficult...

I hope you can pull something off, but it's going to be tough.... but I won't say impossible.. cuz again, SV pulled something off :)

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I ran into Jeff, and many of SV.. I ran a smash tournament at buena, which sort of brought everyone together.... then from there... we all met each other.. from there, we began to play etc... and the scene got decent at one point

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
If y'all weren't 3.5 hours away from me, I'd be down to fish play sometime. I just plain don't have the cash or the time to do that 8\

Also, Rob in Tucson is not Wobbles, he is OkamiBW.

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
It's Crystal now, Tim. Moving forward with everything. =x

Hey guys. Whenever I'm presenting as female, please refer to me as crystal/she/mizuki/etc. It's not a super big deal if you guys don't, but oh my god it makes transitioning so much easier. x_X

thanks in advance to anyone nice enough to take me seriously. ^_^

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Suppy, I'm looking at about a 40% chance of me going to Apex. It's going to depend on if I have enough vacation time to do that and go to Japan.

In the mean time, since I'm not playing anything too seriously at the moment and my schedule changed to a more reasonable 11:30am to 8:00pm Sun-Thurs. Would anyone like to play with me occasionally after I get off work since I'll be around Country Club and Guadalupe. Just text me and I'll try to keep a controller on me to play if you're in the Tempe/Mesa/Gilbert area and I'll come play for a lil bit. :D

I want to be in a little bit of practice in case I decide to bite the bullet and go to New Jersey again (Or enter another tourney in general).

AXE 09

Smash Master
If you're interested in going to APEX, tickets right now through Southwest are freakin cheap!!!!!!! I just booked my tickets round trip for $187 from AZ to NJ. This deal ends on Thursday night so book NOW if you want to go!

AXE 09

Smash Master
Oh shoot I almost forgot one very important thing...

If you're gonna get the tickets, make sure to enter the promo code:

BigDeal40

Light_

Smash Apprentice
Just booked my flight with the code. The code was literally the only reason I was able to afford it. Thank you Jeff.

Yay kind of excited for my first east coast tournament!

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Just booked my flight with the code. The code was literally the only reason I was able to afford it. Thank you Jeff.

Yay kind of excited for my first east coast tournament!
OH MY GOD HYPE

i can't wait to see you piss off the east coast with your peach

Studmonger

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm from the Colorado scene. Fish should know me. One of my friends recently moved to the Ahwatukee area of Phoenix and is looking to get into the scene. He particularly wants to play Project M, but he's never been in the smash scene before/gotten onto SWF, so I'm trying to get him started.

His screen name should be Jagwar. I'd appreciate it if you'd let him know how to get into the scene, and how to find out where your tournaments/smash fests are.

Jagwar

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. Im extremely new to the whole thing. I've never been apart of any scene before, and my skills are definitely not up to par. But I am willing to learn and it sounds like alot of fun. I would apprciate any help.

Jagwar

Smash Rookie
Im willing to play whatever. I just thought it was really cool with what they are doing with PM.

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
Jagwar, what days/times are you available for Smash and what sort of transportation do you have available? I am the "Fish" person that Sean may have mentioned to you, and I would very much like to meet you.

Most people in this area play Melee exclusively. Have you ever played Melee before or possibly have a favorite character?

Top Bottom