• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Drew of Tucson

Smash Rookie
oops

AIM Screenname?

moonshooting26

With any luck, a large group of smashers will join on the north side of town for a big time competition
Tucson, that is (not that I needed to say that or anything).

NewRocker8D

Smash Rookie
hiiiiiiiiiiiii

i live in TUCSON and i want to find some good people who play smash :p
boring playing my same friends over and over, need some challenge.
usually play around the UofA campus.

AIM me at Newrocker8D
or email me at ppost@email.arizona.edu

NewRocker8D

Smash Rookie
can you guys leave me some contact info and shiz? im definetaly interested in playin with you all and i dont suck either :D

or maybe give me a list or all the people in tucson?

Deku Tree

Smash Rookie
does it really bother you that much that i spell it that way?
It's almost like this is my signature or something...

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
Another great tourney. Yayness for controller suckage!!! anyway yea no johns...shiv ya beat me...ya beat me good (sorry for acting like an ***...im just tired of controller problems). Anyway...Flaco..is now my new hero....his iceclimbers are just...**** awesomely tilt infintely...im talkin about the Penguin..not Rob btw.

Team Win...too good as usual.
New players again this week..YAY!!!!

Oh and Tucson people...apparently me, Rob and Treeko all want to come down and play yall soon...so one weekend...I think I might just drive like me and Flaco down there if thats cool with yall.

Anyway....cant wait till next week again.

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Happy Taj Day! Who's this Taj guy again...?

No prob, CT. Sorry about the controller malfunctions--just to get a measure of how bad it was, I think I had, like, 6 upsmash kills due to failed puff-punch to a rest. Get a new controller!

Great meeting all the new people, the community has grown quite a bit in just the past couple months. Don't be discouraged guys, keep coming to these things. We still have a year or more till SmashRev, so let's get the kicks out of Melee while we can!

As for next week, or in upcoming weeks in any case, I'm thinking about doing a Low Tier tourny. So, no Rest, Shine, or tipper--just Shadowballin', Psi attacks, and....Lon Lon Milk? I know that Taj would have a natural advantage, one of his mains being M2, but...wait a minute, M2 is god tier, he's not allowed! Anyway, give me feedback on that. Also, the Low Tier list starts in the middle of Mid, right?

And...dare I tentatively ask...who took first last night?

Blind

Honorbound
It was kinda weird. Tony didn't really want to play for it, so he just like, conceded it to me after quitting three matches in a row. Then we played a bunch of friendlies, and he asked if he could rematch it, and so we did, and then he won. Like... I want to say 5 out of 7 games... it wasn't pretty XD

My counterpicks were not leet enough, clearly.

Nogfu

Smash Rookie
Hello, Arizona thread.

If anyone is looking for some matches in Tucson, let me know and I'll hook you up with my phone number. For people who may already know me, I'm Mike. My friends and I have played with Team Win a few times and are smashing it up with Forward / Meda in Tucson nowadays. We have a few decent players smashing every day and are looking for challenges pretty much anytime. I play Marth, my roommate plays various characters (best with Samus / Fox / Marth), and my friend Dave, who practically lives here, plays Doc.

We live directly across from the U of A campus, for anyone curious about driving distance.

Also, we have a big television (the only nice thing in our apartment). :chuckle:

the_kr3w

Smash Rookie
hey nogfu im from nogales and my g/f 's brother lives in the dorms up there maybe when i go with her i can hit you up and play or we can plan something out let me know
peace

Deku Tree

Smash Rookie
**** it we were supposed to film some smash vids today, ill keep you guys posted on when theyll be up.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nogfu said:
Hello, Arizona thread.

If anyone is looking for some matches in Tucson, let me know and I'll hook you up with my phone number. For people who may already know me, I'm Mike. My friends and I have played with Team Win a few times and are smashing it up with Forward / Meda in Tucson nowadays. We have a few decent players smashing every day and are looking for challenges pretty much anytime. I play Marth, my roommate plays various characters (best with Samus / Fox / Marth), and my friend Dave, who practically lives here, plays Doc.

We live directly across from the U of A campus, for anyone curious about driving distance.

Also, we have a big television (the only nice thing in our apartment). :chuckle:

Hey Mike. I live on the corner of euclid and speedway...

Im guessing you live at...palm shadows?
Anyways hit me up...

forward

Smash Champion
hey i dropped into the a random party once at the corner of speedway and euclid, that grey house with the bench in front, is that your place?

forward

Smash Champion
i heard good stuff about you Will, good to hear tucson's scene is growing

A Phoenix vs Tucson battle is due sometime in the future

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
So apparently I have not only heard about you, forward, I have actually played you a couple of times. I didnt realize that forward = sean lol. Thought there were two different people who were incredible in smash. I went to your place to play smash, the day right before the last biweekly tourney that meda threw that you didnt attend because you had to go to cali or something. I played link at that time. You were sick at the game; I kept getting ***** by your mewtwo, ness...basically any character you played with.

Hopefully my marth will give you more of a challenge than my link did 2 months ago although, from what I heard from Mike, I still wouldn't even touch you...

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
forward said:
lol ok i remember you i think, wasn't there a freind with you? what about that guy does he still play?
Yeah I did bring a friend and yes, he still does play. I've been beating him pretty badly lately for some reason though lol. But yeah, he's always down to play smash.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Yo.

-.-

I suck. I think I'm done competing for a while. No one thinks I'll amount to anything playing here, so what is the point of playing when you have no one? I'll probably play for fun with Team Win/AZC, but I don't know anymore. I guess I'll just wait until something amazing happens I guess...

Bye Bye.

forward

Smash Champion
eh don't worry tony it's been like that in Tucson every since tony died, just not so much motivation anymore. now especially for me since my best comp is gone

me and you just gotta hit up a cali tourney sometime, i'm saving money right now, you should too, then we can train and go own it up

the_kr3w

Smash Rookie
forward we should all get togeather sometime wel plan something down here and head up there ill keep you posted on it but its gonna happen ^_^

Top Bottom