• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Basically trying to do something fair that can help/benefit each/all players at some interval in time...and yeah of course we need to be able to host decent amount of tourneys.. :p

goateeguy

Smash Ace
I have a feeling Smurfy's going to move up next time he can play all the way through a tournament. He won his pool, which contained Cori and Mizuki, at Southwestern Justice, losing only to Cori who he took a game off.

Good idea with the way this is going to be updated. I'm pretty excited for the battles that are going to be happening for spots on this list.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Honestly Smurfy would've got, the spot, but Maxx, has been the "sleeper" noone's really been paying attention too... I do agree though, Smurfy is in line next for sure, and it was a tough decision to get down to it...

Honestly I want Smurfy, and Maxxpower to do a set 3/5 to help determine a few things... both of them honestly have the same, types of achievements.. etc..

Corigames

Smash Hero
The Hype in this region is palpable. I'm beginning to reminisce of 2008 when everyone wanted to fight for a spot on the PR. Smurfy is good, but I worry that his stuff is gimmicky. Coming from someone that uses a gimmicky character, I know how hard it is to consistently win against people after they know what you are capable of, and his success may have diminishing returns compared to someone like, say, Tim, who has solid tech skill/execution/positioning/tactics/etc. to back up his Yoshi gimmicks. I don't want to take a **** on the guy though, cuz he's definitely a beast with Link as far as I can tell right now, but I'd want to see him at another tournament before we throw him on the big 10 if you understand what I'm saying.

Corigames

Smash Hero
All the more reason to wait and see his second tournament performance. Also, I want to see this Blurr guy come to our ASU weeklies and show off his jank.

Marktimemark

Smash Rookie
Hey, not sure if this is the right place to post, but, I'm from Tucson, go to the U of A and am looking for people to practice with and local tournaments to attend. By most standards, I'm pobably at amateur level but am looking to change that.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
Hello, The Phenom (g&w). Trying to find people in Qween Creek/Sun tan valley or 20-30min. from that. Going to be there Dec 27-30; in Yuma AZ right now

Moises btw =)
(818) 422-5388

Waiting for AZ community approval

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
Phenom hit me up when you're in Yuma if you're passing through again. I had your friend (gentle fox) in my pool at koc3. Would love to play you :)

aberz™

Smash Cadet
I should start getting involved in these AZ threads

Edit: it was awesome playing you phenom, whenever you're back in town hit up m3dz.
(FB) Abraham Castro

Last edited:

The Phenom

Smash Lord
I should start getting involved in these AZ threads

Edit: it was awesome playing you phenom, whenever you're back in town hit up m3dz.
(FB) Abraham Castro
Amazing! experience smashing! A pleasure indeed with you Aberz and Medz, Mexicali smasher, and your other homie of smashers =)
---------
CLASS OF 2009!!!:alien:

Last edited:

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Smashfest at my house in Tempe today! Starts at 6:30pm

Call or text 623-203-3351 if you need an address

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
Good games to everyone who went to Tai's smashfest! Thanks for having me. :)

I'm still here until the 10th, so if anyone wants to play, let me know. I'm situated in East Mesa.

Zelbertoad

Smash Cadet
Just curious, how active is the AZ melee competitive scene? I'll be moving back to AZ in the summer from NC. I started playing melee competitively in NC.

Corigames

Smash Hero
We are very active, just not here. Search for the facebook group and get added there in order to be up-to-date on things that are going on in AZ.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Yo champs in making! coulda swore I shared this info with you guys but I guess not. I know we are far, but I've been talking to NM as well. We are hosting our first major tournament in forever and would love to see some of AZ. Dualcats or myself can house ofcourse! Strong Bad is confirmed as well as Denti and the DFW crew. If your not able to make it feel free to share with friends who are closer who would be interested! Possible gas assistance as well ^.^

http://smashboards.com/threads/apr-...vitational-ft-strong-bad-ct-norman-ok.347966/

Unseen_Killa

Smash Apprentice
What is the most popular Smash venue in Arizona? I'm assuming it's somewhere in Phoenix. Project M and the new Smash coming out put the game on my radar again, and now that I'm older I'm more comfortable driving around for friendlies. Do people here prefer Melee Or Brawl?

Top Bottom