• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

J

JeffJonezzz

verynice! i guess i had better bend over for you to solid snake in my a$$ haha jk. ive had a few brews but im oing to go online in a second and add people..

J

JeffJonezzz

why not? if people live close then its the same as playing regular (i think).. I know that I am not down to go to some stranger's house and play video games lol

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
One of the things I ALWAYS hear about online is the terrible lag. I tend to already play play slower character like Snake/DDD, and the lag would just piss me off. Besides, stranger danger, that thing they told you stay away from in school....it's not real. I enjoy meeting a new mysterious, shady character every now and then.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
good games axe and vectorman! i enjoyed them...and while axe may have been excited i was playing pika i suck at melee version since i have like 2 people every few weeks to practice...but my challenge is there for anyone in tucson, and ill try to make it up the 25th, i would like to! :)

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Axe and Vman: I'm sure you don't want my silly advice, but from watching your videos I have a few comments, if you like. You can ignore them as you see fit :)

Axe's Pika: I can't really comment on much since you're the Pika pro, but I've got a few suggestions from my vantage point of ignorance.

1) Maybe you could try some aggressive edge-guarding on Falco using your d-air or f-air? With d-air you can just push him away, and f-air could set up for tail-spikes. This might help eliminate the guessing game of using your f-tilt.

2) When you get him in the air and you're working with u-air, perhaps you could try tail-spiking him into tech-chase rather than popping him up? If you land him on a platform you could probably land a grab or smash,

3) On the subject of tech-chasing; since I noticed many Falcos will JC-shine when they wake up, you could try baiting the jump into a full-jumped d-air or n-air and catch him with bad DI. Also, I'm pretty sure if you're focused you'd be able to watch for missed techs and react to them; it seems like you play the guessing game when you could watch and wait instead. Lastly, when you're tech-chasing somebody you don't play often, you might want to take the safe option and chase with d-smash; you typically guarantee a hit and it lets you work out the enemy's patterns.

VMan: For your Falco, I don't have many recommendations. When you're fighting a fast-faller like Fox, you probably want to tech-chase on platforms with u-air at low/mid percents. If you mix it up with b-air and n-air, you can confuse the opponent's DI a bit. If they DI into the u-air you get a free aerial and tech-chase; if they catch onto that, you can start b-airing and n-airing more, maybe getting bad DI and forcing them low off the level.

If you can, after d-airing them to a platform, try to land on the platform with them and tech-chase with f-smash, d-smash, and d-tilt. D-tilt is great against floaties because they tend to DI inward in anticipation of the f-smash (and it's Falco's amazingly underrated vertical KO move!), f-smash is easiest and very effective, and d-smash works too well against fast fallers :) I'm actually sure you know this stuff already, but in your matches against Axe you seems to miss these chances a little.

For both of your Falcos: When you clip with the edge of your d-air and you can't connect with a shine afterwards, try linking with d-tilt, u-tilt or grab instead. When you're combo'ing, try and judge when the other guy is moving too far to pursue and play for a strategic follow-up using lasers. And maybe try wavelanding onto platforms into grabs against the other guy's shield; you both JC-shine out of shield into aerials a lot, grabbing would stop the other guy from doing that. Also, maybe try going for more cross-ups with b-air when you're comboing to force bad DI. And JC-shine into grab! Oh, and try ridiculously aggressive off the stage edge-guards with n-air. It's super effective. Lastly, when either of you fight *against* Falcos or Foxes, if you catch them near the edge out of their second jumps, don't throw or hit them. Letting go will cause them to fall and they won't have any jumps as long as you don't do anything. And that's all :D

Umm... well, I'm sure you guys have heard enough from me :)

Also... AZ Smash too good?

slave1

Smash Lord
does arizona hold half the pro players in the US or what. anyways someone that lives up in northern AZ needs to come and visit. it would be way cool.

who else was happy that mewtwo is not last anymore.

the people living in Tucson, do you know a girl named Angela. i think she lives out there. she is my sister.

forward

Smash Champion
VMan: For your Falco, I don't have many recommendations. When you're fighting a fast-faller like Fox, you probably want to tech-chase on platforms with u-air at low/mid percents. If you mix it up with b-air and n-air, you can confuse the opponent's DI a bit. If they DI into the u-air you get a free aerial and tech-chase; if they catch onto that, you can start b-airing and n-airing more, maybe getting bad DI and forcing them low off the level.

If you can, after d-airing them to a platform, try to land on the platform with them and tech-chase with f-smash, d-smash, and d-tilt. D-tilt is great against floaties because they tend to DI inward in anticipation of the f-smash (and it's Falco's amazingly underrated vertical KO move!), f-smash is easiest and very effective, and d-smash works too well against fast fallers :) I'm actually sure you know this stuff already, but in your matches against Axe you seems to miss these chances a little.
I'll have to disagree with up air platform techchases. I think the best things to do are shine > dj > waveland or just waveland. Up air is good sometimes, but it's inconsistant. Landing the second hit can be hard, and it doesn't stun them long enough for a true combo, so your follow up hit would have to be a guess (guessing if they will dj, attack, or wiggle). Plus the second hit is easy to react to for DI, so you can put yourself in the most favorable position without any guess work.

In the second part you are right, but I wanted to add a little to that. You only want to land on the same platform under certain circumstances. If you hit them with a dair while you are rising from a jump or dj then you should not land on the same platform (especially a side platform). Chances are that they will be able to pull off a get-up attack before you recover from the landing lag (or if they tech in place they can shine you, guarenteed), even if you time the ff and l cancel perfectly. In this case, it's best to land on the top platform, or fall off to the side, and tech chase on reaction.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
FINALLY GAMEPLAY DISCUSSION

I love AZ.

@slave1: We have Herr Forward, Herr Taj, and Herr Wobbles as part of the signified "pro" players of Smash.

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
Hey there! :]

So I think utah is going to run an OOS tournament in... december. Would you guys be able to come? im trying to find a good date :] get back at me.
there is going to be brawl and melee

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Herr Wobbles, eh?

Achtung, baby :p

Also, Sean: I have no problem ceding all Falco advice to you. It's just a pity nobody loves his d-tilt as much as me :( It makes a sound like the world being rent in two.

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
id buy that
I can make Smash shirts of people want them. I think it is fun. This is the 1st airbrush shirt I have ever made "freehand". It looks like garbage but I will get better with practice. If you want one like this then I can make you one. You want different characters on it or something?

I can't sell this one though, because it is my tournament shirt, ie the back of it:

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
Vman speaking:

Forward, Wobbles, thanks on the advice and stuff.. I would never mind any advice given... but all the pointers that were given.. we've used in at least one of fhe matches.. there are like 11 matches after all and still more to load.. The advice was most definetely good.. but we've used one or more of the advice that was given to us.. maybe just it wasn't noticeable or something i don't know.. but thanks again..

and if anyone else wants to say something we' dont mind.. always cool to take tips... Everyone play Melee.........NO BRAWL or if you do play Brawl at least play Melee more xD

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Most likely.

Also does anyone have an extra copy of Melee sitting around? I would love to STEAL it!
Ask coreygames or something.

Mine was stolen/left at the tourney venue (idk which)

:]]

Or buy one yourself... you and your employed *** :D

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
are n64s hard to come by these days? i really wanna play it againjust for kicks and giggles but no one at u of a that i can find has one lol

imo melee>64>brawl tho, not baggin on 64 whatsoever

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
In all honesty......it is ignorance. Also, polygons. Also, Alf.

Edit: You could easily find a 64 at Bookman's or at a Play N' Trade

forward

Smash Champion
what's your question TAI?

Vman: Do everything that I said more than "sometimes," because it wins. Don't win sometimes, win all the time.

Top Bottom