• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
As stated by the first post of this entire thread...

Ok post what ever you want AZ...
Just because some of you don't like what Tai is saying, non of you have a right to tell him to shut up. This is a free speech message board where we talk about whatever the hell we want, even if no one likes it.

Also, Tai, your pissing people off with your whining obut how you hate this game. I can understand if you hate Brawl, but stop being a baby about it. It's just a stupid game. No need to get coiled everyone.

Anyway, My license plate says NIKNYTE. Is that awesome? Y/N

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
"yes" and I can say shut up to anyone I want nyte. So with that in mind, shut up nyte!! Your posts do nothing to change what I do or think. Stop posting that kind of crap and shut up!! Shut yo mouth!! Zip that pie hole up!!! Your opinion means nothing here. Re- read that first post.....I can say what ever I want because its an opinion, and my opinion is that you and tai should shut up.:mad::urg::mad::urg::mad:

CHUK

Smash Ace
Alright I found the perfect song to apply to brawl,

"Is This It" by The Strokes

From me to Manny :p

Can't you see I'm trying?
I don't even like it. I just lied to
Get to your apartment, now I'm staying
Here just for a while
I can't think 'cause I'm just way too tired *johns

Is this it?
Is this it?
Is this... it?

Said they'd give you anything you ever wanted (wtf is this garbage)
When they lied, I knew it was just stable children (scrubs that joined for brawl)
Trying hard not to realize I was sitting right behind them

Oh dear, can't you see? It's them it's not me
We're not enemies; We just disagree
If I was like them all pissed in this bar
He changes his mind, says I went too far
We all disagree
I think we should disagree, yeah

Is this it
Is this it
Is this it

Can't you see I'm trying?
I don't even like it. I just lied to
Get to your apartment, now I'm staying
Here just for a while
I can't think 'cause I'm just way too tired

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Ka, I am calling you out!

I wasn't there for Goop's tourney, and I hear that won. Since I feel that I am the undisputed best in Arizona, second only to God himself, we must fight in order to settle this dispute.

I propose a money match, best 3 out of 5, 10 dollars, tournament style. We will settle it whenever you feel like playing AZ's greatest.

----

For the record, this post is made in fun and delight, and I look forward to playing you, since you apparently have a good Wario and that excites me. If you don't want to MM, then we can just enjoy a series of fun matches instead.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Rob are you still using metaknight? since your 'brawl character' thing is a wario. it'd be interesting to see some wario dittos but i think if it comes down to metaknight vs. wario some dumb **** is going to happen.

either way, make sure you guys record the matches if you can.

And I've decided that after watching Vat-zero's video a thousand times and showing it to everyone i know, he is now awesome.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Meta Knight and ROB (the robot) counter Wario.

How lame.

Ka, don't MM Rob if he's going to gimp you with Meta Knight unless it's a Wario ditto. That would be interesting.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
I don't mean to make it sound like a problem. Sorry, Calderon.

I'm just stating the facts. They're playing Brawl, and not Melee.

It was for further information and guidance since Stat here hasn't been in the Smash scene in a while.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
LOL!

Well erm, no, sorry. Thanks for the laugh, though.

I have millions of pictures locked away in my vault (most of them drawings), but I'm too lazy to give the link in. That's what.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Yes. But, the Gallery of the KGA is specfically off-hand limits to everyone except me and my friends who I trust (I show it to them when I'm bored).

(I don't mean it.)

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
I respect Tai's hate for brawl. I feel Melee is a better game.

However, we know you hate it Tai so focus that hate on something productive....like kicking their ***** at their own game even if it sucks....its what I decided to do. Be like...this game is terrible (3 stock them) and your even worse.

This thread is not over 9000 yet and that makes me sad.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion

However, we know you hate it Tai so focus that hate on something productive....like kicking their ***** at their own game even if it sucks....its what I decided to do. Be like...this game is terrible (3 stock them) and your even worse.

You motivate me.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol, I just want to break Brawl. Like... just find some dumb strategy that nobody can beat. Maybe going pit and just shoot arrows and running away. Just keep going under the stage to the other side.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
I'll give you a head start, Dan. Play ROB and start spamming the Gyro and Laser. If they approach you from the air, just do a retreating Nair. If they come at you from the ground, sidestep dodge and do a DSmash. And play like you know what you're doing and you'll win.

It's that simple everyone!

ROB will dominate this game, but people don't realize this.

I wish to break Brawl too.

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord

Well, Trent, that actually sounds like a good idea.

I just don't think that it would be worth it. I don't feel like wasting my time getting good at Brawl to get people to play Melee.

azbcethananderson

Smash Rookie
scientific proof for tripping
Realism.
Theres no way a kid named Captain Falcon can run miles after miles without getting tired and tripping. Tripping makes it so the game has a sense of realism that we have never seen before. It will be the new standard in every game to come.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Man, you're right. Every game should have tripping! Imagine the original NES Mario:

You're closing out an epic speed run, on the last castle, about to beat the world record and then you trip right in front of Bowser himself, who promptly flames your clumsy plumber ***. Man, how fun that would be.

You know what? They should put tripping in Chess. How epic would that be if your rook would randomly trip right in front of your opponent's queen.

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
scientific proof for tripping
Realism.
Theres no way a kid named Captain Falcon can run miles after miles without getting tired and tripping. Tripping makes it so the game has a sense of realism that we have never seen before. It will be the new standard in every game to come.
There is very little to no room for realism in competitive gaming :/

If this game wanted to be more realistic, there should be a life bar, no double jump, no edgehogging, 3-D, tripping, getting tired, 1hko's with the sword, and a bunch of crap like that. :dizzy:

Calderon

Smash Rookie
Honestly... In the design of the game, it makes sense that tripping is the only thing you can't "really" turn off...

A Normal game of smash (items, enviormental effects, and other hazards) gives everyone an equal stance, no matter their skill level. An expert can easily outclass their opponent, but the game itself provides an insurance that everyone gets an equal ground.

In that sense, I agree that tripping has lead to lots of unexpected turns in a match, but the fact is that no one expects them. For awesome or for ill, everyone gets their fair share of this bug.

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
I'm reposting this because a bunch of people posted crap right after it, so like, no one saw it.

Well, this is a bit unexpected (not really)

But I think I'm going to quit this game or at least stop showing up at events. I'm sick of wasting my time to play this ******* game that I hate. I'm probably going to still be on the boards, but I probably won't be coming to any weeklies soon. I don't know how quick this will wear off or if it will, but whatever.

This thought has been in my head ever since the week before Brawl came out. I was seriously considering it the week the game came out. I decided against it because I didn't want to stop hanging out with the community and all that. Also, to all the people that gave me crap for my open distaste for Brawl and extreme love for Melee (Oscar, TCB, a few others), all I can say is thank you and **** you. Thank you for helping me make this decision to stop hanging with you guys; it made it a hell lot easier.
from everyone in stcb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5H0wUo37RY

vat-zero is upset and punching the wall
ka is crying
abide picked up the pipe
**** doesnt give a ****

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Honestly... In the design of the game, it makes sense that tripping is the only thing you can't "really" turn off...

A Normal game of smash (items, enviormental effects, and other hazards) gives everyone an equal stance, no matter their skill level. An expert can easily outclass their opponent, but the game itself provides an insurance that everyone gets an equal ground.

In that sense, I agree that tripping has lead to lots of unexpected turns in a match, but the fact is that no one expects them. For awesome or for ill, everyone gets their fair share of this bug.
This is true, and I commend you for it. But on a personal note, tripping wasn't even needed in the first place for the game Brawl is, lol

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
There is very little to no room for realism in competitive gaming :/

If this game wanted to be more realistic, there should be a life bar, no double jump, no edgehogging, 3-D, tripping, getting tired, 1hko's with the sword, and a bunch of crap like that. :dizzy:
What do you know about competitive gaming? You went to like 2 or 3 tourneys. You only play melee. Just because you read crap from wiki doesn't mean you know anything about how things are run and what determines a real competitive game. Believe it or not, this game is competitive. I believe we had a tourney that proved that. And to those who agree with, tai, Vat- Zero now has you on his list of people who will reside in Gay- Town., except Butters, he disliked Brawl before it even came out and even before all the news about the lack of tech moves involved.

Dan: Tripping is in, stop Johning like thats the only reason why you lose a match. We get it, it sucks, but not too the point were you have continue talking about it for weeks.

To everyone else who dislikes brawl: Don't play it. No need to explain why you don't play it. :)

azbcethananderson

Smash Rookie
Man, you're right. Every game should have tripping! Imagine the original NES Mario:

You're closing out an epic speed run, on the last castle, about to beat the world record and then you trip right in front of Bowser himself, who promptly flames your clumsy plumber ***. Man, how fun that would be.

You know what? They should put tripping in Chess. How epic would that be if your rook would randomly trip right in front of your opponent's queen.

rofl thats hilarious tripping in chess
see u know exactly wat im talkin about

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
What do you know about competitive gaming? You went to like 2 or 3 tourneys. You only play melee. Just because you read crap from wiki doesn't mean you know anything about how things are run and what determines a real competitive game. Believe it or not, this game is competitive. I believe we had a tourney that proved that. And to those who agree with, tai, Vat- Zero now has you on his list of people who will reside in Gay- Town., except Butters, he disliked Brawl before it even came out and even before all the news about the lack of tech moves involved.

Dan: Tripping is in, stop Johning like thats the only reason why you lose a match. We get it, it sucks, but not too the point were you have continue talking about it for weeks.

To everyone else who dislikes brawl: Don't play it. No need to explain why you don't pay it. :)
Oh, that's bull****, Oscar. You know that I hated the game before it came out. I'm sure Pokey and Ka can attest to my displays of hating the game before it came out. You can also ask G-Mo, I've talked about it to him before the game was out too. Also, I've been to six Smash tournies that I can remember, actually. That's two to three times the amount that you suggested.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Why do people who like Brawl have to constantly justify it to me? Look, no one cares if you like a bad game, but you don't have to tell us everyday about it. Jeeze, it's like telling everyone you have a feces fetish. If you keep it to yourself, it doesn't matter, but why do you keep telling me that you like this piece of **** called Brawl?!

Both parties don't like listening to the other's *****ing. We understand this, right? So one can't complain about people complaining, otherwise he is a hypocrite. So, STFU about people needing to STFU.

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
Calm down there pale boy.( coreygames) complements to Forward for that one. I love both, you hate brawl. Stop living in the past. You sucked in the past too, so why even go back there. Look, Tai, don't you see...when people like coreygames starts agreeing with you, you know your in the wrong party. Listen to your heart Tai. Coreygames is mad because he can't get good at Brawl and also can't be the # 1 Samus in AZ like Toro, STB!!!!! Come home, Tai. Toro didn't like Brawl, so he didn't play it. Thats how STB rolls, we don't like it, we stop playing it and shut up and man-up. You guys can't do that because you think staying on the boards will grant you friends. I and others don't need the boards, we rep STCB!! We're a squad!! STCB:" You Know Me?"

Coreygames: I aint complaining, I'm telling you to shut up and I'm telling you thatI'm putting you on my list...its not a nice one...Big Black has one too...You really don't want to get on that one....I control both lists...you got me? You'll never play smash in this town again!!!:laugh:

Top Bottom