• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Ask Dark.Pch about Peach in Brawl *Day 4* New vids up

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yea, it seemed that way when i did it out of the sheild. that attack is buffed now. But I'll find out for sure. but yea, it seemed that way

Niko_K

Smash Master
Peach Mindgame

The way it works is pretty neat...back facing your opponent inbetween the first set of triangle *closest to the middle* peach bomb towards the edge making your opponent think your an idiot and will run after you, This is when you bounce and the animation will end UNDERNEATH the sweetspot of FD...you can then float into uair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty9VRiRwV2s
In an attempt to make this useful....

So I discovered that if you jerk the joystick and hold it in the opposite direction of the bomber you will go backwards before unleashing the bomber...like a slingshot.

Combining two techniques make this unexpected edgeguard...timing and spacing needed.

Slingshot Bomber Edgeguard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqL_h12v3Gs

Would definitely be unexpected...the first time.
Your thoughts? Mainly on the Slingshot Bomber...not the edgeguarding part, that was just lulz.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Your thoughts? Mainly on the Slingshot Bomber...not the edgeguarding part, that was just lulz.
Ha ha. Nice one. I am gonna try all that stuff and make it work. I play random. Thats how my style is in melee. To throw people off and do stupid or obviouss things and make it work. So I am gonna give this a try.

All I gotta say is good **** Dark Peach!

Ha ha ha. Thanks alot due.

And MY Vids are here, Yes, Dark.Pch first Matches of using Peach are here, my debute xD enjoy and see how a player like me uses her.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Omg thanks for the new videos!
I've been wanting to see a Peach vs Zelda match for a while now...
Why only 3 stocks?
And did Zelda seem like much of a threat to you? Like do you think shes still worse than Peach in Brawl?

The funny thing is is that you do really good in the beginning but torwards the end it fades a bit....
I think you should use the Peach Bomber more...

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Omg thanks for the new videos!
I've been wanting to see a Peach vs Zelda match for a while now...
Why only 3 stocks?
And did Zelda seem like much of a threat to you? Like do you think shes still worse than Peach in Brawl?
We used only three stocks caus ematches take too long with 4. Matches are like 5 mins with 3 stocks when I fought pit. You live longer now.

Zelda has become more faster and stronger. And I think she is faster than Peach. So its kinda hard to fight Zelda. And good Zelda player can be a problem for Peach.

Yes I did do good at the start. I just get nevrous and that makes me get owned

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord
We used only three stocks caus ematches take too long with 4. Matches are like 5 mins with 3 stocks when I fought pit. You live longer now.

Zelda has become more faster and stronger. And I think she is faster than Peach. So its kinda hard to fight Zelda. And good Zelda player can be a problem for Peach.
is she harder to use then melee?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
when are you going to play again?
and were you scared cuz of the changes?
oh and her dancing taunt what do you press for it ?
I'm trying to see if i can play today at a school. And I'll record matches

No the changes did not scare me. Just makes it harder to use Peach and win with.

And her danceing taunt is ether Left or right on the control pad

Snakeee

Smash Master
In your fight vs NLs Zelda (1), @ like 1:10....F throw did NOTHING and a turnip killed???!! o_O
I think this also has to do with attacks losing power with consecutive use though too...

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
but she has three taunts do you mean her taunts a random
No its not random, left and right on the Control pad is her dancing taunt. Up is Her taunting with her umbralla I think, and down is her winking at you

In your fight vs NLs Zelda (1), @ like 1:10....F throw did NOTHING and a turnip killed???!! o_O
I think this also has to do with attacks losing power with consecutive use though too...
I already went into how I already know about attacks getting weak and such, et. so I'm not even gonna get into that.

And if you read the first page i told you that her Fthrow cant kill.

And that turnip kill was a stitch face. Pay attention and look at how much damage Zelda lost when she was hit and got K.Oed

Snakeee

Smash Master
Oh, but Dark Pch when I told you that attacks lose power you said you didnt care :laugh:
And I couldnt tell it was a stich face from the distance/quality (not that the quality was that bad, just because everything on youtube is)

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Float Cancelling is not in. There's no "harder to use". It's impossible to use since it's not there anymore. The only way to float cancel now is to actually land before the hit box comes out. It's not new, it's not float-dependant and everyone can do it.

Anyone who claims otherwise is seeing optical illusions, is lying or is confusing the Auto Cancel with a new Float Cancel.

It's impossible to float cancel once the attack has come out.

Read my first post here for the full story:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=3863571#post3863571

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Oh, but Dark Pch when I told you that attacks lose power you said you didnt care :laugh:
And I couldnt tell it was a stich face from the distance/quality (not that the quality was that bad, just because everything on youtube is)
I dont thats why I am not getting into it, you trying to annoy me again? and all you had to do was pay attention to how much damage he lost to figure it was a stitch.You know she still picks thoses up so put 2 and 2 together

Yuna- Wanna know my meaning of it, you Float alround, attack and land, then attack after. and from what I have seen when I plyed for a day, I was abe to attack right after when I floated, did an air attack and landed. only attack that lag was her Fair if I fast falled early, any other attack I was able to follow up after. You say its out and whatnot, fine, you can go with that. but if I can fight and attack after just fine then I'm going with what I say, cause I felt no difference expect for her Fair, thats it when it came to lag

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer

Yuna- Wanna know my meaning of it, you Float alround, attack and land, then attack after. and from what I have seen when I plyed for a day, I was abe to attack right after when I floated, did an air attack and landed. only attack that lag was her Fair if I fast falled early, any other attack I was able to follow up after. You say its out and whatnot, fine, you can go with that. but if I can fight and attack after just fine then I'm going with what I say, cause I felt no difference expect for her Fair, thats it when it came to lag
Did you even read my thread about Float Cancelling being out? Not only does the Fair now come out faster it, it retracts faster and it lags less. Of course it'll feel like you've just float-cancelled it in comparison to Melee if you use the same timing. Doesn't mean it's an actual Float Cancel. Please re-read the entire first post in my thread about Float Cancelling to fully understand the situation at hand.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
me looking at the vids of me and such and hearing about FC I noticed what was up.

There is No FC. As in You floating and fastfalling does not cut the lag off. Yet when I played with Peach I hardly lagged at all. So It came down to me thing you can FC all her air attacks.

Now why did it seem this way to me? Cause when I FC and air attack and landed, I landed at the right time. In other words, I was frame perfect. A Large % of the time I was able to move after an air attack. so it seem like I could Float cancel. And know it was the first time I touched Peach in Brawl and I was frame pefrect. I did not lag after an air attack. at times I did but rarely.

So Pretty much I'm good at FC and using her air attacks while doing it and know when to land so it makes it seem like her FC cuts the lag off an attack, which does not. So I can use her pretty fast and still do damage even though the nature of FC is out.

Yeah you see, do that against me and I'll shieldgrab and shieldhop nair/fair you

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
New generation, new slate. I should have this by the weekend, then I can help field some questions/troubleshoot.

The loss of FC upsets me greatly. D:

Question: Does Peach's usmash still have the godly amount of invincibilty frames it used to?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Thats i am not to sure of. i did not pay attention of use the move alot to notice. But I'll b playing 2morrow and I'll check it out for you.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I never thought I would see the day I would be able to give you tips but Im gunna :)

You definitely should use your slaps and ftilt more...The slaps have ridiculous range as does ftilt. Slaps have AMAZING priority plus a 2 frame start up lag....

I dont wanna critique you because I'm not really in the position to..

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I never thought I would see the day I would be able to give you tips but Im gunna :)

You definitely should use your slaps and ftilt more...The slaps have ridiculous range as does ftilt. Slaps have AMAZING priority plus a 2 frame start up lag....

I dont wanna critique you because I'm not really in the position to..
Ha ha ha, First time for everything no? And I know about her jabs. I stated about them in the firt post. But yesterday I was trying to understand Peach. Like her moves and a strategy to useing her. so I was not really paying much mind to that.

And I'm not pefect if you feel something is wrong state it. but a few fights aI was slapping alot and did well. other times I was wondering about other things.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Im just glad that one of the bigger peach mains has the game now. Ill do everything to help you get better and everything to eventually play against you..

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ha ha ha.Thanks, Dont really know what to say to that......:embarrass

and i dont have the game. I play at my crew members house whenever I can. I'll be playing 2morrow at someones house. thet are having a Melee/brawl smashfest. So I'll get matches recorded.

And I'll play you anytime you want once the american version hits. I dont own a wii. In about 2 weeks I should have one. So I'mm be ready to get brawl when that day comes then we can play:)

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Her FS sucks, seriously.

Alrighty, Dark.Pch, gimme a day or two, and I'll start tossing up vids/info as well. Should we just combine forces in this thread, or what? I'll actually have the game at my place, so I can check anything on a moment's notice once I have it.

Edit: FS, not Fsmash. XD

I concur on the fact that you should try Peach Bomber. It's a new beast this time, see if it combos.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I think maybe you should try using the Peach Bombeer more to catch the person off gaurd since you dont use it much...Or maybe as an edgegaurd?
Also maybe try using the Up tilt more?
Come on, you guys have to give me a break. Its only been one day and my FIRST time useing Peach. I was trying to understand her and my up a wierd style of Play like I did with melee. I have to get confortable with peach before I can try things out. I can use things without a whay to follow up or more importantly not fully use to a character, thats what I am getting out of the way, then I'll go and and use these attacks to own with, for now i'm trying to settle in with useing her.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
I was Wondering if the Dair to a Nair combo could be incorporated on a heavy/ faster fallers (less floaty characters cause i heard alot of the characters are floaty now) like DDD or ROB? and about how much dmg can her dsmash do when peach's opponent CCs?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I was Wondering if the Dair to a Nair combo could be incorporated on a heavy/ faster fallers (less floaty characters cause i heard alot of the characters are floaty now) like DDD or ROB? and about how much dmg can her dsmash do when peach's opponent CCs?
I never tired it on someone heavy. That combo can be done but at a certain %, anything past it It cant be done cause her last kicl of the Dair sends then flying in the air And you can get like around 30% of damage if they CC all hits

Her FS sucks, seriously.

Alrighty, Dark.Pch, gimme a day or two, and I'll start tossing up vids/info as well. Should we just combine forces in this thread, or what? I'll actually have the game at my place, so I can check anything on a moment's notice once I have it.

Edit: FS, not Fsmash. XD
Acutually if you think and play it smart its a Good Final smash. You just have to think. When you use it and put people to sleep, grab a few Peaches and get health back. Then right before they wake up, Hit then with a Fsmash and send them flying, then go and get the rest of the Peaches. You get a free hit, or kill if damage is high enough, and you can get health back.

And sure I would not mind working together

Snakeee

Smash Master
Screw doing an fsmash after the FS...I'm gonna try the trick against a Jiggs that missed rest in melee and see if that works. Throw a turnip on one side of the enemy, run to the other side of them and charge an upsmash. Let go of the upsmash the moment they get hit with the turnip. Not sure if it works in brawl yet but ill find out tomorrow.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I used the Cube one and it felt smoother and just perfect. I never tried the wee one though. I'll give a try and see how that is

Hikarui

Smash Apprentice
Good stuff Dark.Pch. I wanted to see how you fit in the brawl world with Peach since your really great in melee. You did pretty darn good for your first time playing the game.

Was it hard playing with her and winning? Cause some vids you were doing well then lost at the end in some fights. Also was it hard to use your tricks in melee with Brawl Peach? I noticed some of your signature moves in some videos. and one vid where you mindgame some grabs. I was like "wow, this guy is just going melee Peach in a whole different game xD"

But good stuff. Clearly the best Brawl Peach player out right now on the net IMO. Cant wait to see more of your Peach. Really entertaining to watch:)

Top Bottom