• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Cort Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

Cort

Apple Head
The only wavedash I -very- rarely use is wd back to dsmash against certain Fox approaches, and that is very very very rarely.

That, as well as wavelanding, cause it's fun.

The acronym is just useless, to be honest.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Umm...

Why would you counterpick Fox on Dreamland? Especially when you have options like Brinstar (acid combos, uneven terrain = missed l-cancels and makes waveshining harder), DK64 (slopes = downsmash, uneven terrain, big ceiling, barrel recover if you get shine spiked, glitchy ledges)

Dreamland is just asking to be laser spammed, and Peach can't handle that ****; the 10% extra Fox has to tack on to kill you doesn't make up for the fact that he can run circles around her and it becomes harder to kill him since he lives longer if he can DI upwards.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
mikeG is teaming with me.

autowin.
meanie =\

you should play Ike instead. I heard he was top tier :)
Nope...I'm not gonna start a Brawl character showdown...............everyone knows Metaknight is top tier :p

What kind of advantage Peach has on Marth? I mean, the match is so uphill, but he isn't invincible, right?

What are some of your most memorable team matches? And who's your favorite team mate and team character?

EDIT: Awww...I like that other sig you had =/

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Most of Peach's killer moves have a VERY diagonal trajectory if DI'ed correctly, allowing opponents to survive a lot longer than I reckon they should be allowed to. Is this something that has to be swallowed and accepted or is there something more to it? If so, please share your secrets.

Also: Does Peach have any viable low-% ko options?

Cort

Apple Head
you should play Ike instead. I heard he was top tier :)
Don't spam my thread.

Umm...

Why would you counterpick Fox on Dreamland? Especially when you have options like Brinstar (acid combos, uneven terrain = missed l-cancels and makes waveshining harder), DK64 (slopes = downsmash, uneven terrain, big ceiling, barrel recover if you get shine spiked, glitchy ledges)

Dreamland is just asking to be laser spammed, and Peach can't handle that ****; the 10% extra Fox has to tack on to kill you doesn't make up for the fact that he can run circles around her and it becomes harder to kill him since he lives longer if he can DI upwards.
It depends if those stages are actually allowed or not. My first option against Foxes would be Mute City if it's on, then depending on the player (if they play other characters or not) I would choose between DK64/FD/Dreamland/Brinstar. One of my worst mistakes is counterpicking Brinstar against PC and then having him switch to Sheik and needle camp me (it's a great needle campy stage, I think >_>). And he can combo Peach from the acid just as well as I do to him. I don't like Brinstar very much in general, so it's mostly just based on preference as well.

what are u talkin about? ike is super fast, can waveshine, and his knees kill at 0%. he's so broken :(
CG combos and good edgeguarding. also, if tell ur opponent to DI peaches Dsmash down :)
Stop spamming/double posting, mofugra. And if you want to give advice atleast try to, don't give halfassed not-even-funny responses. This is the kind of stuff I want to stray from in my topic.

ALSO, I was bored today so I attempted to commentate on some of my own matches that I recorded recently, here's my best one. http://youtube.com/watch?v=VqlyIq_Deig You can watch some of the others, but they're not as good. Subscribe to me, I'll probably keep posting up some new ones.

www.youtube.com/raserucort

darkshy

Smash Ace
dude I wanna totally comment your vids. I just find it odd that you comment your own vids. I dunno seems weird. I have one question though. How you do do a nair so quickly? I try to do it, but mine are kinda slow. You can like 6 in 5 seconds.

Cort

Apple Head
dude I wanna totally comment your vids. I just find it odd that you comment your own vids. I dunno seems weird. I have one question though. How you do do a nair so quickly? I try to do it, but mine are kinda slow. You can like 6 in 5 seconds.
Lol, how is it weird? People commentating on their own videos is basically listening to the person's brain as they're playing. It's a great way to try and get better/realize what you should do more/less.

To nair you have to be in the air and then press A. And I can do like, 12 in 5 seconds LOL.

edit// Practice.

What kind of advantage Peach has on Marth? I mean, the match is so uphill, but he isn't invincible, right?

What are some of your most memorable team matches? And who's your favorite team mate and team character?

EDIT: Awww...I like that other sig you had =/
I don't think Peach has any sound advantages against Marth. Marth is basically most vulnerable right after he has faired or is about to land, where Peach can sneak by approaches with turnips or random dash attacks. Otherwise, the Peach has to work heavily on forcing the Marth to either mess up his spacing or get lucky random hits >__> This is against really good Marths, anyway.

Most memorable team matches = 6-0ing Chillin/Chu at FC, and winning FC. My favorite teammate has to be PC, and his Fox. I think Peach/Fox is the best team.

I'll change back to that other sig after VLS.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Wow, I suck at edgeguarding. And I saw your videos. the one on YS was sweet with the edgeguards. I learned from that one vid the most. I think I have more better ways to edgeguard and not be afraid of the edge. Thanks for posting these vids, you own

trademark0013

Smash Champion
to help u further, XIF posted a thread in the peach section called "Honestly, do you like nuetral air?" or something like that. in it he explains how to nair extremely quickly. u should take a look at it

Cort

Apple Head
Wow, I suck at edgeguarding. And I saw your videos. the one on YS was sweet with the edgeguards. I learned from that one vid the most. I think I have more better ways to edgeguard and not be afraid of the edge. Thanks for posting these vids, you own
Thanks for the positive response.

to help u further, XIF posted a thread in the peach section called "Honestly, do you like nuetral air?" or something like that. in it he explains how to nair extremely quickly. u should take a look at it
You're learning =D

Cort

Apple Head
Cort, what would happen if we figured out how to control Peach's glitches? (like the frozen turnip one)
I donno what other Peach glitches there are that we haven't figured out, hehe..

But the most I could see happening with it is it would be easier to edge gaurd with. Just plant one of those down near the ledge and it's guaranteed to hit someone once. Too goodz.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Thanks for the positive response.
NP :)

When would you say you can get of the edge to back air someone and then grab it. I think I had times to do it but when I tried it I failed. I'm getting better at seeing when I can do it. And what characters are easy to do it too. So far both Marios I can do it well.

Cort

Apple Head

When would you say you can get of the edge to back air someone and then grab it. I think I had times to do it but when I tried it I failed. I'm getting better at seeing when I can do it. And what characters are easy to do it too. So far both Marios I can do it well.
I donno, much like you're experiencing it's all based off... experience? :)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I donno, much like you're experiencing it's all based off... experience? :)

Is that a sign of me improving then? :o

I'm trying to learn how to fight with lil or at times no wave Dash at all. but its hard. you have any advice on this?

Cort

Apple Head
Who do you think is/are the most underrated low tier character(s)?
By today's tier list (it's very old >_>), I'd say DK.

Link and Luigi are definitely NOT low tier, as well.

Is that a sign of me improving then? :o

I'm trying to learn how to fight with lil or at times no wave Dash at all. but its hard. you have any advice on this?
Yeah, you can basically ONLY improve in this game. :) Especially since you live in such a talented area.

Don't try and think no wavedashing is really really good or something. If you use it in order to move around and aren't getting punished, you're not doing anything wrong.

The only thing is I feel like people wavedash for absolutely no reason, when they could have done something more productive at that time.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I get paranoid when the person is close and I want to break free of his range. But I guss I could just FC to B or F-air just to space myself and if he is close, I'll get the hit on him. But I'll try to do what you said.

Cort

Apple Head
It's fun to hear your commentary cort. And the matches themselves give me quite a few ideas as well. :3
Thanks.

I get paranoid when the person is close and I want to break free of his range. But I guss I could just FC to B or F-air just to space myself and if he is close, I'll get the hit on him. But I'll try to do what you said.
Gogogogogogo

Also, I made a topic in the friendly video section for myself as well.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=122188

trademark0013

Smash Champion

i've been playing with that myself. full jumping off the stage seems to work. bair then jump, float and upB back. you could float and fast fall into it also (i think that was mentioned before or in corts vid)
many characters can do it
why do u get paranoid? i assumed u would prefer someone in ur face since u say u like using upsmash.

Cort

Apple Head
DK's pretty good. He's mostly really good against people that just don't know how to play against him. Especially good.

coach

Smash Apprentice
I love your thread a few questions:

1) WTF is happening with my hands. http://youtube.com/watch?v=DpByzIHuFxI I just need to find the right muscle memory to do the insta float neutral air FC and i haven't had time yet. I L cancel with my middle finger and it's been incorporated into every character that I play because at some point i started doing it.

2) You and XIF do the super fast neutrals more than other peaches ive watched. Assuming that your both very experienced should every peach player try to incorporate parts of this into their play style. I understand the importance of it very much, but is it worth taking it to the extent that XIF does to pillar people along the ground. This question got convoluted ><.

3) Does moogle still help you with your homework :) (he's my room mate).

Thanks a lot. This thread has been ever so informative.

Cort

Apple Head
Louis (pronounce loo-wee) G.

It's the old school way of writing his name.

>_> ..on GameFAQs anyway.

I love your thread a few questions:

1) WTF is happening with my hands. http://youtube.com/watch?v=DpByzIHuFxI I just need to find the right muscle memory to do the insta float neutral air FC and i haven't had time yet. I L cancel with my middle finger and it's been incorporated into every character that I play because at some point i started doing it.

2) You and XIF do the super fast neutrals more than other peaches ive watched. Assuming that your both very experienced should every peach player try to incorporate parts of this into their play style. I understand the importance of it very much, but is it worth taking it to the extent that XIF does to pillar people along the ground. This question got convoluted ><.

3) Does moogle still help you with your homework :) (he's my room mate).

Thanks a lot. This thread has been ever so informative.
Well, that's a pretty interesting way to hold your controller.

Super fast nairs are just fun. They come out ridiculously fast and you're back on the ground practically the next frame (well, you know what I mean). You can do them out of your shield, even better, and if it misses you're already back on the ground and ready to react to whatever. I don't think the whole "Peach pillar" is super practical considering how easy it is to just.. roll out, or possibly even shield grab after the 2nd jab.

Haha, moogle is the man. I'm glad I finally met him at FC (though, I'm very sad I never played him...) Yeah he still occasionally helps me (atleast, I ask him when I have dumb math questions LOL) Tell him I said hi, or something.

zzzzzzzzzz

Smash Cadet
ok i have been playing for about a month now mainly sheik. but i like peach more, so i started playing her. 1)well i dsmash alot is that bad? should i try to do it less? i don't really get punished for it.
2)doing moves while floating, i hear its better to use the c stick for aerials while floating. do peach players that do this hold the controller differently to make it easier?

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
di questions...

what way should you NOT di so your getting wd grab by marth all the way to the edge and f-smash. i thought it was to marth at mid to low and away at higher... but i could be wrong.

also any experiences with icies?? there gay. peach demolishes them as long as the d-smash hits nana even once but i just got questions on if they do get lucky and get a grab.

wtf are u suppose to do? in the case of you know their gonna just down throw d-smash or.....
the other "chain grab" iono where they hit you... your free for a split second and regrab you again. thanks.

btw i think there should be some crazy doubles peach vid asap. you and xif vs mike g and ryoko lmaoo... or something like that... MAKE IT HAPPEN CORT!!! :laugh:

and wait you can float cancel n-air out of shield.... hmmm thatso ne of the instances when i just shorthop.

Top Bottom