• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Cort Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I played some smash today. Im trying to get ready for CT. I find it hard playing without wave dashing. But I do it less now. so I'm working on it.

I was trying to play calm and observe my opponent. it was kinda hard. patients is tough to play with when I have to pick the right time to attack. and when I do, I might make a mistake and get punished for it. its hard with Peach. and being fast at the same time. You have any advice on what I should do in matches that can help? (friendlies)

Cort

Apple Head
I donno, I don't play extremely patiently usually. If you want to camp use turnips a lot more and just float around waiting >_> You can actually camp without using very many turnips at all, but it takes some practice to learn how to always react and approach patiently and safely, rarely getting punished.

Just keep trying, more importantly: play good people. A lot.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Well, me living in N.Y, that wont be a problem ;)

And i still cant seem to fight Peach well at all. infact she is one of my worst matchups. I fought a kid today, new friend of mine. Not much tricks here and there and dashes alot. once in a blue grabs. and I was having a hard time with him. I 2 stocked him all the matches we had but if was work to do. and Peaches on my level is a pain, and I mostly lose the fights. I dont know how to handle one. Nor how to go up to one.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ugh, this is gonna be tuffer than I thought. i saw, but I stil find it hard. yet alone I cant seem to go even with one. And I wanted to play you at CT so bad too. But me with this problem. I wont be much of a challenge to you. three stocks you will be getting off me. this sucks......

Maybe soon i'll learn it and then I can play you

You have a strat against luigi. I fight my firends all the time. he never beats me, but it comes close. I dont have a solid way to fight him. tips on this match up?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
why is your peach basically the only peach i have any trouble with anymore T-T

other than fairly recently with lite, but that was just me being impatient

POOLS MATCHES JOHNS XD

Cort

Apple Head
Ugh, this is gonna be tuffer than I thought. i saw, but I stil find it hard. yet alone I cant seem to go even with one. And I wanted to play you at CT so bad too. But me with this problem. I wont be much of a challenge to you. three stocks you will be getting off me. this sucks......

Maybe soon i'll learn it and then I can play you

You have a strat against luigi. I fight my firends all the time. he never beats me, but it comes close. I dont have a solid way to fight him. tips on this match up?
We'll play eventually. Getting really good at this game is no 'easy' journey.

Also, I have virtually 0 experience against Luigi, and it's actually one of Peach's tougher matchups. I had one of the best comebacks ever against DJ Combo (he's from Washington, one of Ka-Master's friends, they all know how to play Luigi lol) and he changed to Luigi (after I beat his Marth game 1/lost game 2/counterpicked Dreamland and he went Luigi)... He was basically up the entire game by more than 1 stock up until the last stock, where I was at like 120% and he had a fresh stock. He killed me with wd -> usmash twice beforehand, so I was VERY careful to avoid that. I basically just got spaced hits off and eventually got him off the stage at like 70%... and he was recovering with Luigi missile I was extremely careful to shield just in case he misfired. Eventually he was close to the bottom of the level with his double jump, and I chucked a turnip down as he double jumped and edge hogged at the same time, thus taking his last stock. =D

Anyway, I really don't know what to tell you. Stay away from the ledge after Luigi has it, he can easily ledge hop and space/punish your attempt at edge gaurding with fairs or dairs. Watch out for wd usmash and misfires while he's recovering. Gimp double jumps with turnips, and be more edgehoggy, as Luigi's up b is garbage.

Ask some more specific questions if I missed anything.

why is your peach basically the only peach i have any trouble with anymore T-T

other than fairly recently with lite, but that was just me being impatient

POOLS MATCHES JOHNS XD
How do you beat Peaches with Bowser. You can't kidnap her. :(

Cort

Apple Head
Oh snap.

Gimpy if we ever play again... whoever gets to the box tag first gets it. Maybe there's a variation of the box tag that looks similar we could make and both use it.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Cort how do i mindgames effectively, a lot of times my mindgames get read like a book. My mindgames are ineffective and i basically just need help with mindgames. I need a lot more mindgames for Esticle coming up if i'm going so successfully use mindgames on the competition.

Cort

Apple Head
:( This is exactly what I don't want in my thread. I know you're joking, but it's a good example of vomit inducing questions.

The m-word is for scrubs.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
hahah at what cort said..

"gonna start looking at corts thread more"
"because i suck against peach now ={"

BladeWise

Smash Lord
I need to play you again, gimpy. You need to remember how downsmashes are really supposed to be done.... or something.

against Ka-Master's Luigi, my success greatly depends on my effectiveness with Nair out of shield.

lol living in Washington gives you great Bowser and Luigi experience.
cuz there sure is an abundance elsewhere to be ready for.

oh yeah. Cort.
lol wtf. why do you destroy Spawn so bad in your videos? Has he offended you?

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
My name is RaSeruCort Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Also, on topic, against a Falco that waits until you land (Bam >_>) what do I do? he basically lasers until I land, and then punishes me.

Cort

Apple Head
Hm, I'm not sure if I've ever been in such a situation. If your float is about to run out then I suggest drifting back with a fair or nair or something.

Could you elaborate a little more? Or maybe provide a video? Whatever is fine.

Cort

Apple Head
You'll have to get a lot more specific if you want a serious answer.

I covered playing against Jigglypuff somewhat in this thread already.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Jigglypuffs Bair has more priority though doesnt it?
I cant seem to touch Jigglypuff when it bairs.
If you time it right you can beat hers, or trade hits. In this match I always turnip and back air camp. Back air is the fastest air move with range (I believe) I fight them alot now and at tournaments (for some odd reason) I turnip to well spaced Fairs. and Back air. turnip and back airs is what I throw out alot and seems to mess jiggs up on her coming to you and landing a good hit.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Hm, I'm not sure if I've ever been in such a situation. If your float is about to run out then I suggest drifting back with a fair or nair or something.

Could you elaborate a little more? Or maybe provide a video? Whatever is fine.
If you float towards him he will simply RSHL while moving backwards to keep his space until you run out of float... he simply won't approach unless your space very badly or until you land, I dont think he would run into a retreating Fair unless he's being reckless for no reason

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
This thread is full of win.

And I dunno about Jiggly's bair matching Peach's. Jigg's Bair got more range and priority and you can just short hop it nice and quick. While Peach's is good, I dunno if it can do so well with a player who spams Bairs.

What's the match like with Peach Vs. Pikachu or Pichu?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
How long did it take you to learn how to fight fox and falco to a point you go even with them and can beat them?

Dont ask why, I had a bad high/top tier match up day.......

Top Bottom