• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official AC Villager Discussion Thread! He smiles as he smashes faces in! [Update: CONFIRMED!]

D

Deleted member

Rate Their Chance Day 1 - Part 2 is up!

Predict Palutena's score, nominate candidates, give thoughts on Mega Man, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer's likelihood and vote for which veterans you don't want to see on Rate Their Chance. But mostly here to give thoughts on the Villager's chance.

Maripu

Smash Cadet
Well I'm going to say that Villager has a 100% chance of appearing in SSB4. But maybe that's a stretch.

MrMax

Smash Rookie
At this point, the only way I won't main Villager is if Skull Kid is in the game.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Okay, while napping this afternoon, I had a dream that Villager had a new attack where he spawns a crippled Animal Crosser in front of himself to intercept attacks. The move itself functioned like Toad, but the characters he spawned were distinctly helpless and struggling, and were called 'vegetables' in-game...and he was just smiling there the whole time. Nightmare fuel up to eleven.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

The villager's reaction to his memes.
really, I'm already sick and tired of them, too.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Can everyone PLEASE stop saying that Villager is evil! Can't you see he's turned over a New Leaf?!

^
that was posted by someone on miiverse, thought is was pretty clever

Ometa

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4167-5056-0993
I've been wondering, what if the tree sapling could be used as a shield? Like, after it grows of course, it Absorbs attacks and projectiles? Would that make him broken?

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
Thought I would upload this, and post here, since I will most definitely be a Villager Main.
Villager-Heed.jpg

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
K.K. Jongara may be arranged and a theme for the new Smashville stage. It definitely seems to fit well along with Go K.K. Rider!

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
How come people portray Animal Crossing reps as bad guys :awesome:

Villager: Psychopathic murderer. He speaks for the trees. They speak homicide.
Mr. Resetti: Vengeful mole. You reset the game, he'll give you a game over with a pickaxe to the heart and claw marks in your face.
Tom Nook: Greedy miser. Repay your debts. OR ELSE.

Golly gee, K.K. Slider's the only peaceful one :troll:

Hong

The Strongest
I am going to assume at the very least we will hear animalese jibberish when star KO'd, as well as appropriate noises for his taunts.

I will give Masahiro Sakurai a thousand dollars to include the "Sheepishness" emote from New Leaf as one of his taunts.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
You want to hug that thing? I admit the memes he's spawned are awesome, but I wouldn't want to get near him.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So....

"Pic of the day. Turnips are used in the Villager's up-air and down-air attacks. Perhaps because the turnip prices fluctuate depending on the day's market, the number of turnips that appear changes every time. How cute."

Has everyone else seen this yet?

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Huh? Does it not show Villager holding a few turnips for you? Eh, well if so, it's the image that's up on smashbros.com for today (the 2nd.)

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I possibly can see how the move works, you gain an extra turnip by using U-Air. And lose a turnip by using D-Air. And when the turnips are at the max limit, maybe D-Air can cause a meteor Smash. I can see this abused in the competitive scene.

Sashimi

Smash Ace
It's probably just a random number of turnips every time. Sakurai didn't say anything about an Uair increases turnips, Dair decreases turnips system...

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
I possibly can see how the move works, you gain an extra turnip by using U-Air. And lose a turnip by using D-Air. And when the turnips are at the max limit, maybe D-Air can cause a meteor Smash. I can see this abused in the competitive scene.
It's probably just a random number of turnips every time. Sakurai didn't say anything about an Uair increases turnips, Dair decreases turnips system...
Sakurai said that turnip prices vary. So the number of turnips is random.

TR33

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pandaguy719
I'm going to main Villager regardless of what his tier standings are, but seeing him gimped so easily (when what appears to be recovering from that low trajectory) is really demotivating. Really hope the Lloid special somehow make up for his recov.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I am stickying this thread to serve as the main hub for any Villager Discussion.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
I'm going to main Villager regardless of what his tier standings are, but seeing him gimped so easily (when what appears to be recovering from that low trajectory) is really demotivating. Really hope the Lloid special somehow make up for his recov.
me too. i have a habit of maining lower tier characters and excelling at them.

Top Bottom