• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official AC Villager Discussion Thread! He smiles as he smashes faces in! [Update: CONFIRMED!]

gbaespada

Smash Cadet
Doesn't anyone think that the Villager past people's expectations because I know he did for me.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I don't come here as often as I should. But I'd like to express something. Is anyone else disappointing that the Fishing Rod isn't in his moveset? If only I could dig up my old e-mail that I sent to Nintendo with a moveset for the "Animal Crosser" or whatever I called him back in the day haha. It was to advocate him for Brawl.

I remember I wanted his Up-Special to be the Fishing Rod. Basically a tether recovery. Honestly, I think it matches a little more than the Balloon Fighter helmet, but I don't like tether recoveries.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Doesn't anyone think that the Villager past people's expectations because I know he did for me.
I couldn't say that, because I always saw the potential in the Villager.

I expected an off-beat fighter who wielded a wide-array of tools for an unorthodox fighting style. Many others shared this vision with myself. So in that sense, while the Village did not exceed my expectations for the character, I am happy that they had not fallen short.

gbaespada

Smash Cadet
I couldn't say that, because I always saw the potential in the Villager.

I expected an off-beat fighter who wielded a wide-array of tools for an unorthodox fighting style. Many others shared this vision with myself. So in that sense, while the Village did not exceed my expectations for the character, I am happy that they had not fallen short.
I do agree with you on that the villager came out as what I thought he would look like moveset wise.

Btw posted a Playlist of villager gameplay on the timber thread about 36 videos I think

Hong

The Strongest
I'm really glad and surprised to see the Villager playable in MK8, though to nitpick I found it strange that they used the male one. Hopefully we can have multiple styles like we do in Smash.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
More Villager alts :D

Some are... scary ._.

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
Why didn't they put this?

Would have been better fit than the duplicating stoner boy look...
Yeah was about to say, 2 of those villagers look like they've ripped bongs with Tom Nook.

Edit: Always wondered how Tom Nook could make so much profit in town of roughly 10 villagers. Plus he was mainly selling utilities that never get replaced and flowers. It all makes sense to me now.

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
A bit disappointed in the newly confirmed female Villager alts, but I didn't know whether we would have any more or not, so it's still good news in that way. lol. Besides, I already have a female Villager design I love from the first four, I just thought it might be cool if another cute one showed up.

I just wish they had at least varied their hairstyles? That hairstyle is one I would NEVER use in the AC games. lol It's one of those that you get stuck with when you start the game and desperately wait for Shampoodle's to open up so you can stop looking so tacky. xD

Luminario

Smash Lord
A bit disappointed in the newly confirmed female Villager alts, but I didn't know whether we would have any more or not, so it's still good news in that way. lol. Besides, I already have a female Villager design I love from the first four, I just thought it might be cool if another cute one showed up.

I just wish they had at least varied their hairstyles? That hairstyle is one I would NEVER use in the AC games. lol It's one of those that you get stuck with when you start the game and desperately wait for Shampoodle's to open up so you can stop looking so tacky. xD
I completely agree. Whoever thought that the triple pigtail hairstyle was a good idea as starter hair or as a hair choice at all was delusional. I knew it would show up as the other FeVillager costumes but I just wished they went with
as one instead (it's the best of the 4). At least we got
(that's the one I always choose in every AC game) and
so there are some good choices.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Forever disappointed the New Leaf Villagers aren't alts

Hong

The Strongest
Indeed. Only the new blue male one interests me from this latest batch.

It's like they just didn't want to model any more hair.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I just noticed how 2 Villagers share the same haircut.
Red and Light Blue share Spiky-Hair
Yellow and Purple share Lifted-Hair
Green and Pink share Floaty-Hair
Lime and Blue share Pony-Tail Mayhem

I guess that's OK, just choose a face you prefer.
As for me, I'm sticking with Yellow.
My Sister's probably going to use Blue just because it's the scariest one.

Twhy

Smash Rookie
The light blue has the the same face/hair as my new leaf character :). Now if i can get people to stop thinking he is a stoner i'll be sooooooo happy!

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
While Villager's Foward Smash leaves him extremely vulnerable if missed, it's really powerful. I just KO'd Mario from the side of Battlefield when he had only taken 46 damage...

Top Bottom