• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Offical TNR Recruitment Page... Also Welcomes L@wl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
And yet you feel obligated to give it all the time. I disagree. I believe that you say that to convice yourself that you don't care about your on opinion as a cope-out so that if you're wrong, no blame goes to you. You also probably feel that since you are more mature than the rest of the people in your grade [probably due to the feeling that you have a difficult home life, and you don't give into the temptations of drugs, and girls] that your opinion could very well aid in making them a better person.

That is all.

FOB

Smash Ace
meh 15 is still closer than Mewtwo King. (don't ask)

Zero- I don't like you....

REDD-OMGWTFZOMG your birthday is two days before mine. ^_^

Israfel

Smash Journeyman
In this topic: Opinion and drama. Reminds me of the old MD v. VA, stuff, fun times lol. Not much point in continuing this, most everything's been understandable and apart from Redd and Chozen still poking at each other, it seems more or less done with. Everyone acts in less than ideal ways from time to time, for one reason or another, there's no need for either party to get upset. So far nothing's been horrendously out of line, so we might as well just talk about the other things that have come up in discussion like FOB being 13 (o_0) and Zero's apparently hot sister. :laugh:

<3 FOB, Korn, Zero, Aero and the like . ^_^ Speaking of which Aero, I hear you play Immaterial and Missing Power. I haven't patched it for netplay yet, but if you're interested in a match, I'll get right on that. I just got started with Remilia and I'd love to actually play another person.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
And yet you feel obligated to give it all the time. I disagree. I believe that you say that to convice yourself that you don't care about your on opinion as a cope-out so that if you're wrong, no blame goes to you. You also probably feel that since you are more mature than the rest of the people in your grade [probably due to the feeling that you have a difficult home life, and you don't give into the temptations of drugs, and girls] that your opinion could very well aid in making them a better person.

That is all.
Unecessary post. I don't appreciate your comments AT ALL, that was some freaking low ****. Don't ever comment on my personal life, like you know me. Sorry we all can't be as perfect as you.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
You know someone is a total homo when they can't argue/have a debate in terms of smash brothers without bringing up personal information about someone else.

If you have to bring up Redd's home life to insult him, you obviously lose at life.

Go eat razorblades.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
You know someone is homo when they can ONLY debate using Super Smash Brothers.
You are such an idiot. I can debate using plenty more than SSBM, however, when on a SSBM forum with other SSBM players i tend to debate on terms of SSBM.

Forgive me for using such flawed logic.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
I am confused.. you and Chu and Kiwi do not prefer my company due to my spamming, my cockyness, and my demeanor. Explain to me how those directly corralate to how I play a game.

Fonz

Smash Ace
Yeah people who don't bring up personal affairs are homos.

Plairnkk masterbastes to linkin park posters.

*checks sexuality* Woot straight!

holy crap

If you can't tell the difference between annoyance at spam and third rate psychoanalysis this debate you two are having is pointless.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
They are all in relation to the game.

You're cocky about the game.

You spam threads dedicated to the game.

We have to deal with your demeanor while playing the game.

How someone's life goes at home has nothing to do with the game, especially if they don't bring that baggage to the table when playing. Nobody needs to know about Redd's personal information that i'm trusting you knew (as a friend) in confidence and you really shouldn't be posting it on the forums.

Israfel

Smash Journeyman
Fonz is the man. That is all.
Now, how to make this post not spam....
Plairnkk makes a vaild point, there's no reason to make any of this personal. There's a difference between arguing about general behaviour and making intentional cuts at each other, which is particularly no good if, like plairnkk said, "they don't bring that baggage to the table when playing."

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
They are all in relation to the game.

You're cocky about the game.

You spam threads dedicated to the game.

We have to deal with your demeanor while playing the game.

How someone's life goes at home has nothing to do with the game, especially if they don't bring that baggage to the table when playing. Nobody needs to know about Redd's personal information that i'm trusting you knew (as a friend) in confidence and you really shouldn't be posting it on the forums.
Redd enjoys my company about as much as my stomach enjoys those razorblades i just ate.. aka he doesn't tell me ****. I clearly was making a generalization about Redd's home life... and to be honest unless his parents beat him every night, he probably has it pretty good [he just thinks it sucks b/c his folks won't give him rides an hour+ away to play a video game for several hours].

Redd- your parents pay for your Food, Shelter, Clothing, ect. You also probably do not have a job that pays a sum that does anything more that give you, and your parents a false sense of security. Your life is good as of now. Wait 3-10 years and then come talk to me...

John- explain to me what is wrong w/ spam, other than the fact that you have to turn your head to look away.. then explain to me how being cocky [in general] is a bad thing.. then explain to me why your a$$hole demeanor is seen as OK by the community as a whole, but my loud, and extravagent behavior is viewed in a negative light...

btw.. Fonz is randomly amazing... is that a sac lunch in the corner i see...

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Who said my a$$hole demeanor was acceptable? I'm clearly hated by many. What you don't understand, though, is i'm not an ******* to everyone. I'm an ******* to those that (I feel) deserve it. Then when little sheep pawns stick their head in and give their opinion, they become deserving as well.

The fact you spam doesn't annoy me as much as the fact that everything you say in each post is stupid.

Being cocky isn't necessarely bad, but the way you act it out is stupid. I recall one time I was ****ing around in a friendly and you win and stand up and start dancing around making a scene like an idiot, then you go "*pound* good sir." It's just like Wow dude, it's a ****ing friendly. Friendlies really don't mean ANYTHING.

The way you act, the way you talk, and the way you post all suck equally.

hova

Smash Champion
worst thread ever in history

everyone should be more like hova and aero

with a little tin and blues sprinkled in

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
Saying **** is "just a friendly" is a cope-out for those that lose.. now I'm curious. What is it about the way I speak [that which shows much respect] suck??

edit- Hova's a beast.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Are you kidding? Wow, no wonder you take friendlies so seriously. You really do think that they mean so much

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
A friendly is a reflection of a player's actual skill.. and if both players don't take friendlies "seriously" then isn't the drop in gameplay about equal... so unless one of the players suicides several times during the match, the abilitys of each player can still be assessed...

You didn't answer my question.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
No, that's not how it works. One person could be ****ing around more or less than the other. In friendlies I usually try new ****, then when it matters in tourney i go back to what I know is solid.

I'm done in this thread, your stupidity is disgusting me.

hova

Smash Champion
i have never met someone who tries as little as i do in friendlies

i can't remember the last time i won a friendly

edit: but i mean.... .. .. ..... .. .. . . .. . yee

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
No, that's not how it works. One person could be ****ing around more or less than the other. In friendlies I usually try new ****, then when it matters in tourney i go back to what I know is solid.

I'm done in this thread, your stupidity is disgusting me.
Everyone does that same **** in friendlies.. therefore = playing field. The better player will beable to do more random **** to the lesser one...

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
UMBC- yes.. i get it. You're saying that you establish your skill through playing friendlies.
You may believe that people's skill is established through friendlies, but the fact is the majority of smashers perceive one's reputation, or skill, based on organized tournaments with money or prize incentives. It is in these scenarios when players have no excuse but to play to their utmost ability. Anyone can say they "weren't trying" in a friendly, but it would be absurd to claim such a thing after a tourney match. That is why credit is given to people's performance in tourneys rather than in friendlies. What matters is not whether you can win most of the time during friendlies, but whether you can pull off the win when it counts.

That's why I sandbag ;) (just kidding lolz)

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
WAHAHA This is most serious thread ever and guess what i laugh at you all

you guys take emotion to an extreme I LAUGH at this so much drama over a game oh noes i have to talk about my personality to win an arguement and to win an arguement you guys have to compete and so much in everything just to win you guys are arguing over stupidity

I laugh at this and this is my arguement To ALL do you really want to argue about All this ****

i mean i havent a good life either in terms of life and Family

As a matter fact i dont even think i exist to my family anymore.. i never see anyone from my family i barely see my parents only when they have the day off or till like 10pm at night but at least i know they are there but those are really the only people of my family i see<----- is that what you wanna see in posts

Its really idiotic and to even go into the details of what happened is idiotic to see someone is a diffent thing sometimes i dont like when i see someone but i keep it to myself and shutup about it but if hes making himself look like a douchebag then i will say something

Emotion is truley a strong mindset

Thank god i really have no Emotion as strong as other people Rarely phased by anything at all.

and to end my enless blabering i will end it with

Live life on the edge life is random and you'll never know whats coming to take anything serious is to ruin your life and live like a robot but with sorrow

Aero

Smash Journeyman
@ Israphel

for IaMP i'm up for a game any time; just hit me up on aim (my sn is "aeroshamu"). feel free to talk to me if you're having trouble getting the game working properly, because at least for me, there was a lot of little things i had to configure for me to actually start playing.

oh, and btw, remilia is mine.

Doll

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes the best way to end an arguement is to stop replying.

Rich, you're obviously contagious to losing to anything, even to a mindless, pointless, stupid fight on an internet forum. This is what I meant when I told you about your hot-temperness, calm down, learn to reason with it or just back down. Even I learn to retain my sanity after Blues screwed me over.

Anyway, jon refuses to lose just as much as you are. I'm blaming him too for stricking back and ****s, but whatever atleast he ended it.

As for Redd, don't bring anyone's personal life into a pointless arguement, that means your personal life too. Bringing it up does nothing, no one will forgive you if you tell them your loses, and its only job is to gathers fake sympathy and pity. Do you really want ppl on the internet to know about your personal life? Even better, would your family enjoys reading that you post their loses on the internet forum, opens for anyone's eyes to see? Really, have a sense.

1st of all, I am not insulting you in anyway, I'm just telling you to calm down and relax. So don't assume and make hasty, impulsive decision. That's your tendency, I warned you about that many times.

And as for Chu, you have no right to threaten him, none, and don't you even dare threaten anyone else over a pointless piece of crap. I didn't kill the one who screwed me over with my college's money, and you know **** well who that is. So I think you can be perfectly stable with being banned from Chu's house.

And he did warn you several times, and for all of that many times, you refused to listen, continuing spaming his thread.

2nd Just end the **** thing now, really, I'm so tire of having all of these bull****s going on lately.

Random People: "Doll, don't read then, you're so stupiiiidddddd"

Oh yeaaaa... I cann chooosee to ignore something!!!! And not provoking it anymore, jesus, such insane mindgame tatic exists!?

Rich, just relax right now ok?

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
Ok, see now I'm kind of pissed.

You remember a while back when Chozen said "KC is not as good as he thinks he is..."

You just made a HUGE contradiction to yourself. You based this logic that I just stated on friendlies, saying "Not everyone tries in friendlies" now arguing that everyone who plays you tries and the ones you beat just say "It's a friendly" for a cop out as to the reason why they loose.

Also that that is how you assess skill. Seing as though I have not been around long, and recently left for college, I'm relatively new, so I guess you thought you could screw me over with this logic?

Wow,... wow.

I must really suck then... no one tries in frienlies.
"Ever thought that they might be sandbagging you KC?" - Stated by Chozenone

Oh wait, I must be really good cause everyone tries in friendlies.
"There is an Equal drop in skill if that's the case so the better player can do more **** to the lesser player" - Stated by Chozenone.

Which one is it Chozen? Or did you say what you said back then just to keep me in my place and boost yourself up the ladder despite other people's opinions back then?

Dawg, seriously? WTH!? You got me pretty pissed off with your over all 'logic'.

I can say however, I try against people when I play in friendlies if I feel they are trying against me so I or they can get an accurate assumption of where <either party> stands. In turn <either party> will usually try against the other person.

Where is your standpoint on this? Seriously? Are you holding other people down regardless of their skill and or potential to keep yourself on a pedistool, then when someone threatens that pedistool you stand on you completely do a 180 on your logic to defend yourself?

That's kind of sad man, seriously.

Please explain this to me Chozen, I would like a solid answer.

In case you are wondering, this whole thing started on page 210 of the TNR forums or close to that.

Also, why am I still in the TNR rankings? I resigned like a month ago or something like that. Might be longer than that? Or so I thought.

on a side note - Fob, Korn, Boss, Alpha and others, I need to play you guys, I'm suffering from withdrawl and I go in spring break tommorrow. If anyone is holding any fests, let me know.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
I always try as hard as I can in friendlies when I play new people. when I play other people like chozen, masa, jigg, chozen, I really don't try all that hard. sort of kidding, but I mainly make jiggly puff and other ssb jokes when I fight them. oh, and if I'm fighting a peach I always go all out and I still get owned, regardless of skill

EEvisu

Smash Lord
I try in friendlies depedning on who its against I just dont play gay like I would in torny.

Chozen I have to decks, SpellCasters an Warrior Type deck an both are good so 10$ is fine with me.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
Rich, you're obviously contagious to losing to anything, even to a mindless, pointless, stupid fight on an internet forum.
If you didn't mean to offend me, then you shouldn't have posted this.

KC- If one person "tries" in a friendly, and the other doesn't that's called a sandbag. Due to the fact that you were relativly new to the game [the competative aspect] it would be very difficult to assess whether or not your opponent was sandbagging.. sandbagging can just be, being more aggressive n' such.. not nessesarilly SDing alot.

Aero

Smash Journeyman
@ Israphel

catch me on aim; my sn is AeroShamu

i'll gladly play iamp with you (i'm also a scrub), and i'll also gladly help you out if the game isn't working for whatever reason

also, remilia is mine... (`~`)

Doll

Smash Journeyman
If you didn't mean to offend me, then you shouldn't have posted this.

Offended you? I'm stating your fault cause sometimes, believe it or not you don't seem to get what the cause of the problem against you sometimes.

If I wanna offended you I'd not even try to give you advice of what to do and let your hasty nature screws you over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom