• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*OFFICAL* 2006 FL Tournament Player Statistics

Mav

Furries For The Win
Update: I got rid of alot of info on the first page, due too simply not knowing some results. Seeding is going to be very hard. So what I'd like to have done, is have a multitude of opinions for a seed. Maybe something like a panel similar to the Smash Power Ranking thing in the tourney disscussion thread. Yeah top 5 are gonna be pretty obvious, but what about lower then that? Whose willing to step it up and help with the creation of this list? I need people that know alot about the south FL community, and who can give intelligent posts. Once the seed is created, I'll work on North FL, so North FL people start disscussing it amongst yourselves.

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
hey exarch

FVCK YOV!

haha jk man, gimpy fish is from hawaii so.... im pretty sure people will be from there. also think of how many alaskan entrants theyll be!?!?!? oh and who is in the c.fl team?

Mav

Furries For The Win
At this rate there's gonna be no other team because Our Savior Marth refuses to allow more then one team per state.

NBP Mike

Smash Journeyman
WE could be from idaho and then make up a catchy slogan about them being hoes or something like that. Plus im gonna train like crazy so your not the hole team Tipman.

BannedDah

Banned via Administration
NBP Mike said:
WE could be from idaho and then make up a catchy slogan about them being hoes or something like that. Plus im gonna train like crazy so your not the hole team Tipman.
Yea, you're holding out team back bro......el oh el j/k......we'll be from Kansas.

Mav

Furries For The Win
Something similar to "Smash Power Ranking." Why? Because I can, with the help of smart people who post good and have good knowledge of the comunity.

Step it up NBP Mike!!!

FlowinWater

Smash Champion
I can help on that Power ranking thing for fla.

The obvious way to do it is to have all the smash players in FLA gather up in a tourney, turn off the lights, have everybody put their pants down, turn the lights back on and compare ***** sizes.

HOLLA

Mav

Furries For The Win
That wouldn't be fair flowin cause minez is obviously the biggest. Me being a wolf and all = )

RockCrock

Smash Champion
So you want a top 25 (or however many) in Florida list?

Sure, that wouldn't be too hard.

Rough Start based on 2006 tournament placings:
1. Lamb
2. Mave
3. Tipman
4. Flowin
5. Rock
6. Queen
7. Fox Hound
8. Johnny

I'm bias.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
It'd be a little off if its like based on Tournament placings....for example we all know SheikSSBM is really good...but he's not in like..Top 15 cause he hasn't been able to make it to any tourney's. But the tourney he did make it to (FORT1) he placed really high!....Maybe we shouldn't make a Smash Panel Ranking For Florida and just keep it the way it is? Anyone wanna do that?

BannedDah

No this is a good idea actually. Have 2 people from each region decide. I vote Tipman rock exarch synikal mave and me

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
RockCrock: What I mean by the way it is now is not having a Smash Panel Rankings for Florida.

Exarch: Thanks for aggreeing with me :).

RockCrock

Smash Champion
pandah said:
Have 2 people from each region decide. I vote Tipman rock exarch synikal mave and me
Which people are you saying are from which region?

Maybe it would be better to start smaller, and rank by region first, then integrate the lists?

BannedDah

RockCrock said:
Which people are you saying are from which region?

Maybe it would be better to start smaller, and rank by region first, then integrate the lists?
well theres the souteast, south west, central florida and then northern florida. I never see any northern floridians though, except co and me and mankosuki, who posts occasionlly.

TheLaw

Smash Apprentice
Well if you count Derf, Nafix, Goldwing, and Lumbro as Northern and not central then they are northern, they live in Gainesville.

Mav

Furries For The Win
I like the idea of starting out with region lists first, then moving up too maybe North and South lists, once we have all the info. Though I wouldn't want to do the list as far as 25 though, it starts to become unacurate after a while. How about maybe 15? I think we could do that, if we linked South East and South West into the same list. Central and North can be linked too.

RockCrock

Smash Champion
South-West Florida: Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Naples. (FORT1 placing)
1. RockCrock (1)
2. SheikSSBM (3)
3. QueenDVS (5)
4. DaShizWiz (7)
5. KeepSpeedN (9)
6. Uber Ice (13)
7. CozaMonkey (17)
8. DewDaDash (13)
9. SmashMac (25)
10. LoserLad (33)
11. BETA (33)
12. Risu
13. Hulk

Possible descrepencies:
DaShizWiz- Can go even with Chris, and goes about even with myself. Losses to Q.
Uber Ice above Coza is based upon UI placing higher than Coza at FORT1. UI (13) Coza (17).
DewDaDash and SmashMac- A tough call, I put Dew over $Mac based on tournament placing. Dew- 13th, $Mac- 25th
Haven't seen Risu play in a while, Hulk may be better than him.

Yeah. Perfect.

CozaMonkey

Smash Journeyman
WTF Ang ahead of me? Do I really have to pwn those Icy's to make you believe, Dennis.

Mav

Furries For The Win
Attention everyone! The ruleset for Smash Aid 7 (State Crew Battles) has just been finalized. Here they are, I copied and pasted them straight from the SAVII thread.

*State Crew Battles*

There will be one crew per state (exceptions will be made for non-USA players) allowed to enter. Final! There will be no "adopting" of players into states. If you would like to compete for who will be in each crew, please try to show up as close to 3 as possible and i will set aside T.V.'s for you to do so. A list of the states 4-6 players must be submitted to the non-participating supervisor of The State Crew Battles by 6 o'clock p.m. friday.

State Captains (To be named later) will given a handout to complete concerning starting players and player characters. Characters for the lineup of 4-6 players will be fixed, meaning, the character you turn in along with your completed handout for each player will be the character they use for the entire SCB (exception below). The SCB is fixed character, but not fixed order.

State Captains will chose (on the handout) a starting player for each of the battles
(i.e. State A chooses player 1 to start against State B but chooses player 2 to start against State C) This will be done by a nonparticipating member and no one participating, including myself, will see this until the matchups are written and have begun.

There will be no alternative players

Rules
-Round Robin
-Crews must be between 4-6 people
- 20 stock split between members
-Stock will be divided as evenly as possible, with only a 1 stock difference being allowed
-3 Neutral Stages will be on Random : Final Destination, Poke' Stadium, and Dreamland 64 <- This will be used for the first matchup regardless
- After the first match, Team Captain of the losing team will chose the next player.
-If entering player chooses to pick a counterstage (Singles stages rules apply) then the previously victorious player has the option to change character
-If the entering player chooses to go random stage, both players retain their character. The entering player retains his character no matter what.
- Victorious Player will have HP returned to zero and will start the match on the opposite side of the level after killing him/her self to equal the lives left from the last match.

I'd like to nominate myself as team captain of team FL. I have extensive knowledge on character match-ups, I've shown myself to be a good leader, and a bunch of other good qualities that will just take too long to post up ^_^

I'm not sure if we're allowed to register more then one character per smasher, I'll have to ask GA Wes about that.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
"Characters for the lineup of 4-6 players will be fixed, meaning, the character you turn in along with your completed handout for each player will be the character they use for the entire SCB (exception below)."
Lol Mav you should ask Wes anyway cause I think it will be funny. But yeah the character means one character. IE no you cant registar multiple characters. I really like the sounds of the thinking for counter picks and what not.

shiekssbm

Smash Ace
RockCrock said:
South-West Florida: Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Naples
1. RockCrock
2. SheikSSBM
3. QueenDVS
4. DaShizWiz
5. KeepSpeedN
6. Uber Ice
7. CozaMonkey
8. DewDaDash
9. SmashMac
10. LoserLad
11. BETA
12. Risu
13. Hulk

Possible descrepencies:
DaShizWiz- can consistentaly beat Chris, and goes about even with myself.
Uber Ice above Coza is based upon UI sending Coza to losers at FORT1.
DewDaDash and SmashMac- A tough call, I put Dew over $Mac based on tournament placing. Dew- 13th, $Mac- 25th
Haven't seen Risu play in a while, Hulk may be better than him.

Yeah. Perfect.
Actually, the night before the FORT tourney me and shiz were playing and we were pretty even. He's got some matches recorded if you want to see.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Your right Chris..we were pretty even...lets see if were pretty even(Is now trying to convince chris!!)...Hold an STD again...It PWNED!!

BTW I'll bring a T.V., Cube, AND VCR ...;)

BannedDah

For SOutheast is say

Maverick
Chops
Flowin
Tipman
Noucles
Johnny
Synikal
N2K5(u cant change your name every year)
Lex
Animal Control

In that order.

Mav

Furries For The Win
I don't have much time, just wanted to put this up for disscussion, should the FL team be a 4, or 5 man crew. Here's what we have as definiates so far.

Mav
Chops
Rock

Do we make this a 4 or 5 man team.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
...I think you should put..either SheikSSBM on there..or someone else...I'm not saying myself because you guys already have a falco..You should have one of everything..I think you guys need SheikSSBM...cause he's best Sheik In Florida...

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
I think the perfect list of People to go to Smash Aid...is

Rock-Fox
Lamb-Falco
Mav-CF
Queen-Marth
SheikSSBM-Sheik

Thats perfect for the team.....Thats like..one of every char..and they all Pwn.

Mav

Furries For The Win
The problem with CF is that he gets beasted to easily cause of his recovery. All you have to do to win is get him off the stage.

ShiekSSBM isn't going to Smash Aid.

Here's what is confirmed at the moment.

Rock-Fox
Lamb-Falco
Mav-Marth

Here's the issue, FL lacks character diversity. FL's top players are Fox, Falco and Marth players. Idealy, we would want diversity in a 5 man crew. 5 man = 4 stock per man. Countering is the key. Since we don't have that option, in my opinion, for FL, I think it would be a better option for us too go 4 man, and give our four players and extra stock to play with. Now who should we put in as our fourth?

Well we certainly don't want our team too be consisted of 3 space animals and a Marth. I say we go with a Peach. What do you guys think about XIF's Peach as a fourth man? With 5 stock to play with, XIF could live for a long time. Making the most of 5 stock, though there are many issues with putting XIF in, I'd like to get the comunities opinion on the matter.

BannedDah

Maverick said:
The problem with CF is that he gets beasted to easily cause of his recovery. All you have to do to win is get him off the stage.

ShiekSSBM isn't going to Smash Aid.

Here's what is confirmed at the moment.

Rock-Fox
Lamb-Falco
Mav-Marth

Here's the issue, FL lacks character diversity. FL's top players are Fox, Falco and Marth players. Idealy, we would want diversity in a 5 man crew. 5 man = 4 stock per man. Countering is the key. Since we don't have that option, in my opinion, for FL, I think it would be a better option for us too go 4 man, and give our four players and extra stock to play with. Now who should we put in as our fourth?

Well we certainly don't want our team too be consisted of 3 space animals and a Marth. I say we go with a Peach. What do you guys think about XIF's Peach as a fourth man? With 5 stock to play with, XIF could live for a long time. Making the most of 5 stock, though there are many issues with putting XIF in, I'd like to get the comunities opinion on the matter.
I was gonna say TIPMAN, but he's not going.....heh heh......team kansas ftw.

Oh and no XIF, if you're gonna have a peach, make it NBP Mike. But then he might be playing for teamn Kansas too

No offense Exarch and XIF( Fix )

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
i just DI up, thats it, it gets the job done just fine, i've seen exarch, and unless he's trying and failing, he isnt smash DI'ing, smash DI is immediate recognizable because it disregards the attack direction. Lee (advent) smash DI'd my f throw once and went (quite literally) vertical.

Top Bottom