• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ODU Vs. CNU Vs. W&M Crew Battle $MM! 10/19/07

Cow

Smash Apprentice
well, i don't know that we want it to run too late.. i mean, its not like i do things, but some of the cnu crew actually does stuff on friday nights, so they won't wanna be out too late. but, i'd agree that B teams should probably go first, for maximum hype utilization. whatever, just chill on friendlies. crew battles need.. one tv, so extra setups can just get those out of the way during the battles.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
I'm all for B-team's going first, that way everyone's ready for the MADNESS that will ensue from A-teams.

And Cow has a point, but ****it people, this has been in the works for almost a month now, everyone's had plenty of other weekends for scrumping and getting krunked, can't there just be one night of good, friendly, whole-hearted smash?

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
If by "other helpful items" you mean "chairs and starbucks for everyone" I might hafta stop myself from crying the entire time i'm there.

...>.> edit

How's this b-team bracket gonna look?

W&M vs. ODU and CNU vs. KF?

is that tolerable for everyone?

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
what is Kf???

and all the other B teams may have gotten a break, quite possibly CNU's best B team smasher is scheduled to work on friday, he's trying to get off work but its no garauntee.

otherwise, we'll still have a strong team, just could be better.

Cow

Smash Apprentice
lol everyone is biting off more playing than they can chew.. if there's gonna be like round robin four+ crews for this b team business then its gonna have to run at the same time as A or have A run beforehand. I know everybody wants to show up and be in a crew battle, and thats fine, but.. as far as i'm concerned this is first and foremost cnu vs odu, and if there's gonna be like 90 thousand other crews i'd rather get the main one out of the way.

Dirty Sanchez

Smash Rookie
i agree with cow. i basically have no say in it since im not in either crew but he sounds correct. :) and are the b teams gonna be for any money? maybe 5 dollars a head??

ajphctp46

Smash Apprentice
The title of the thread is "Intercollegiate crew battle," so I think doing WM, CNU B, and ODU B (three battles) plus the one main CNU A vs ODU A, won't take too long, but everyone else has to clear it with toasty, since it's basically his baby.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
I just threw the "kf" out there for ****s and giggles. THEY AIN'T NO COLLEGE, YO.

If Hampton gets in on it then we'd have 4, but there are only 3 schools, one of which doesn't actually have 2 teams. I would like to just see odu's b team play cnu's, and the same with the a-teams, little more :)

But if other schools wanna get in, I'm all for it, so hey, whatever works.

Mek

Smash Rookie
im new

Hi im new i go to william and mary and was wondering where and when do guys smash cause i was looking for a place to keep my skills at their best and get better. so if u guys could give me some information that would be really nice.
Thank You

Mjolnir

Smash Cadet
Hi im new i go to william and mary and was wondering where and when do guys smash cause i was looking for a place to keep my skills at their best and get better. so if u guys could give me some information that would be really nice.
Thank You

I know that Knightpraetor and ajphctp46 play and were looking for some new people to play with at W&M so they wouldn't have to drive over to CNU. PM them and ask about it.

Poehlcat

Smash Apprentice
Thank You
Word. Check out the W&M thread here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=117906

They're cool guys and would be more than happy to smash with you.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Final question with somewhat final word:

the question:
Is CNU's A-team willing to put in more money than 10 dollars? [this isn't terribly crucial, I'm just curious. 15? 20?]
Also what is the EARLIEST everyone can make it. ALL ENTRANTS PLEASE REPLY TO THIS. If you can absolutely speak for your teammates, do so. If it turns out we can start earlier, why not, right?

the somewhat final word:
No venue fee
No Food
No Drinks
I am talking to parking services tomorrow to see if the lot closest to Caboose's place is free after 4 on Fridays.
ODU CNU W&M "B" teams first and Schoolie's Bowser is NOT an option. $10 apiece
ODU CNU "A" team battle will follow, $__ apiece?

CHAIRS. CHAIRS. ****ING CHAIRS. PLEASE BRING CHAIRS (and let me know ASAP if you can bring them!] TVs? TV stands? mock-TV stands???

Cow

Smash Apprentice
i'm free after like.. 2 on fridays, but i might be driving so we'll see how that works (incidentally, CNU, we need to figure out who all is going and how they're getting there). if i remember, i'll bring a couple chairs..

we also need to finalize entry fees on a teams..

$10 each.. when bearing in mind that its not like we pool our money together for this, its more fair, but it also favors cnu's team (i.e. we win $12 each if we win, and you win $8.33 each)

$60 pot for each team.. cuz sixty is a nice number, splits easy.. less fair on the entry fee per person front (i.e. cnu has to pay $12, odu pays $10), but has the benefit of making your return double your investment no matter which team you're on.

What do people think? I'm fine with either..

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
awesome toasty, this is looking good

I'll ask the crew, but I think 10 bucks is probably all you'll get out of the A team, I wouldn't mind doing 20 a person though... you know, make my chain grabbing count for something (that's 20 cents a grab, and 10 cents for every grab after that)

yeah man, we'll see and have it finalized by the tourny

edit - I agree 60 bucks a team, that seems most fair if you ask me

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Sounds bangin. I might have my own ride, but if that's beyond my reach, would Cow or Colin mind bumming me? And yeah, the $60 pot sounds plausible.

edit:

Colin, we gotta get this b-team straight, can you play Thursday with your guys in the west multi room? We'll do some kind of ranking system to get everything accurate.

p34chPAI

Smash Cadet
-_-; I really want to go... *thinking wistfully of all the new ppl and photos to be taken...* but yea, it's getting to be a matter of car space, and I'm not a priority passenger, so... (^_~)d have at it, CNU!

VAromani

Smash Cadet
-_-; I really want to go... *thinking wistfully of all the new ppl and photos to be taken...* but yea, it's getting to be a matter of car space, and I'm not a priority passenger, so... (^_~)d have at it, CNU!
i *may* be able to find someone who will drive...ill ask that person today if they are able/want to drive. if its a go, it would free up some space in kevin's car im sure, and leave room for maybe another specator :grin:

Cow

Smash Apprentice
Whatever, you're pocket sized, you'll probably fit :3

anyway.. confirmed rides? I can drive..(4 spots excluding me) i actually dunno if fats' car is in a drivable state or not?

Mjolnir

Smash Cadet
Whatever, you're pocket sized, you'll probably fit :3

anyway.. confirmed rides? I can drive..(4 spots excluding me) i actually dunno if fats' car is in a drivable state or not?

How bout we have an A team car, and B team car, then a spectator/whoever cant make it into the other cars car?

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
well I wanted to go and drive Tanner's car, that way I could DD him back. the car would hold my brother, tanner, Tim and hopefully Tom. so 2 A team people and 3 b-team people. Trey, you need to get 4 people for the b-team who can come. that way it'll work out.

if all mine come then it'll be 30 stock split across 7, 1 person is not too likely to make it so if you bring 4 then its 30 stock split across 6

Schoolie, what time on thurs, I won't be back in the NN until late, like 10-ish

p34chPAI

Smash Cadet
(since I can't figure out the Multiquote and don't want to screw up...)

Meg: plz let me know as you find out about that, b/c that'd be awesome if I could catch a ride.. lol, and we know I can fit anywhere, as we found out in John's dad's car...... >_>;

Cow: (see above note) lol, one of my friends from HS also called me her pocket friend! :3

To whomever I might ride with: I'll be glad to pitch in $ for gas or anything... help out in the team $$.. ionno, just someway to repay for letting me come along ^_^

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
B-team's going with our friend Kevin.

I call cow's window seat!

edit:

Colin, whenever you wanna play, we'll go. Make sure you bring yo homies, we'll play our scrubs together. Even if all of them can't make it, bring a few,

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
Meg, Pai...if may be able to supply you with a ride. provided i can get 5 a piece for gas. this offer is also extended to ONE OTHER CNU PLAYER that may want to go.

pm me and let me know whats up.

"All I know is, after all is said and done, we are doing teams.

*looks at toasty*"~Ether

WTF!!!! We where supposed to team about FOREVER AGO!

im gonna be your cyrain XD

VAromani

Smash Cadet
(since I can't figure out the Multiquote and don't want to screw up...)

Meg: plz let me know as you find out about that, b/c that'd be awesome if I could catch a ride.. lol, and we know I can fit anywhere, as we found out in John's dad's car...... >_>;
OK, Emily said she'd love to come and wouldnt mind driving us. she just wants to know approx how far it is away. :chuckle:

also: and id like to point out that kevin's car im pretty sure can only fit 5 ppl including driver...so thats 4 of B team...and one left over. so...i suppose one of the B team people can ride in emily's car or with O-NO. but, if that is the case, we can have one other spectator ride in emily's car with Pi, (b-team member?), and I. :)

Ether

Smash Ace
lol, we're still teaming, O-NO. It's just that toasty is always like, "No teams! Just singles." And I'm always like, "Let's do teams and skip singles!"

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Toasty, why are you so **** good looking?

AND F#CK ODU FOR BEING IMPOSSIBLE TO PREPARE FOR... stupid mid-tiers...

edit(I swear all my posts are editted) :

30 stock split for the b-team

Captain Juan: 5
speedyoshi: 5
Colin's 2 guys: 8
Poehlcat: 4
Evil: 4
Thor:4

any complaints from cnu?

VAromani

Smash Cadet
Toasty, why are you so **** good looking?

AND F#CK ODU FOR BEING IMPOSSIBLE TO PREPARE FOR... stupid mid-tiers...

edit(I swear all my posts are editted) :

30 stock split for the b-team

Captain Juan: 5
speedyoshi: 5
Colin's 2 guys: 8
Poehlcat: 4
Evil: 4
Thor:4

any complaints from cnu?
Oh, ok so there are 7 members of CNU B team. i was wondering how it was going to work out. this sounds like a great solution. yay CNU!:grin:

Top Bottom