• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Oct 28, 2015] Wavedash Wednesday (Oak Park, IL)

EXPGaming

Smash Journeyman
Thanks to everyone who showed up.
1v1 PM & Melee Crew Battle next week!

For anyone who didn't notice or hear from me, we have changed our $20 weekly memberships to $20 MONTHLY memberships.
This covers all VENUE fees for 1 month (Any day not just Wednesdays).
This doesn't cover tournament fees (e.g. $5 for 1v1, $2 for Crews).
The memberships are on a 20% discount until 6-1-13 then they will be $25.
Get one soon to save even more $!!!!

Scythe

Smash Master
these are wednesdays i think unless exp is trying the saturday stuff again

EXPGaming

Smash Journeyman
Yea right now Wednesday is the only day for smash events but if anyone is interested in dedicating another day to smash (or any other game we have) we are open to doing that.
You gotta voice your opinions and participate in bringing other gamers in so the scene grows.

Also please remember to bring systems/games on Wednesdays. It's much appreciated and helps the tournaments run quicker.

Scythe

Smash Master
so yeah i'll try to come at my normal time this week, but game 7 might have me distracted while i'm driving.

Scythe

Smash Master
actually looks like i'm not making it this week, one of my friends is leaving town for a bit so i'll be hanging out with him. have fun guys

Oro?!

Smash Hero
I am going to show up around 7:00-7:30. Not sure what time everyone else arrives because I'm usually the last one there besides Scythe. Yes, you just sign up when you get there as well.

Pandemix

Smash Rookie
How was yesterday's turnout? If all goes well, and it's still on, I can make it out there next week. Been looking forward to smashing with others than just the two usual guys I practice with.

Scythe

Smash Master
so yeah i should make this time, what are the events for this week?

JohnAmerica

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure about today, but I've got 3-6 friends in my group willing to compete in 1v1s or 2v2s in the foreseeable future. Can anyone clue me in on how these crew battles work?

EXPGaming

Smash Journeyman
Basically everyone who is interested is split up into equal teams of 3 or more. A member of each team faces off 1v1 and the winner faces the next member of the other team with however many stocks he had remaining. This continues until 1 team has been completely eliminated. Last time we did it it was 4 teams of 3 and we did a single elim bracket.

jkenney1

Smash Rookie
I'll probably be there this week. How far is EXP from the Oak Park Metra station?

EDIT: Just google map's it, looks to be within walking distance of the station. See ya'll on Wednesday.

jkenney1

Smash Rookie
Yep, I go to NIU (although I'm not taking summer class, just working atm). I work 9-5 Mon-Fri, so any day after 5pm works for me. Give me a call or a text sometime. 847-544-1327. Name's Jack.

I don't think I'll make it out to EXP tonight. I can't afford the gas until I get paid next, and if I took the train, I'd need to spend an hour and a half walking in total, so I feel like it wouldn't be worth it. Maybe in a week or two.

Unless, of course, someone is willing to scoop me from the train station. :3

Top Bottom