• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Occidental Weekly Friday Smashfests (CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)

shaseim4st3r

Smash Journeyman
so hey guys. im one of the Sd ppl, and well right now im gonna be home for the quarter. wanted to get some smash in with ppl. i live near long beach kinda. where do u guys have ur smashfests usually?

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
trying to call sung and wes but it goes straight to voice mail

alec is most certainly at the beach and not at oxy

wes wes wes when are u getting there reply asap cuz my bedtime is at 10

meh if i dont hear anything by 6 ima just watch mulholland drive and call it a night

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
only noobs went to this

just saying

(dont get mad, im a noob, you're a noob, we're all noobs. get mad at wes not showing up)

ive been thinking a lot about what hugo said. basically, you either got it or you don't. you got about a two-year window to show you got it. my window closed long ago. the only people in the scene i can think with potential to maximize that window:

sung

holy **** is that seriously it? kfc could be elite but he doesn't want it. he's too old. sung is the only one with both the potential and the passion. the first time i played you i thought you could be zhu. well, do it. because you only have a limited time to make the most of it. zhu almost got there but in the end he was too old.

do your best to stop being so nice. that's one of the hardest things in this game, or any competitive activity: developing a killer instinct. if you can develop that you can do it. even if you don't develop it you'll be really good someday. but you won't be the best.

i know i'm never going to develop that killer instinct. i just don't want to. it's a matter of priorities. i'd rather be kind-hearted than dominant and feared. i'm also too old. i'd rather sit at home reading ayn rand than going out, playing smash and disrupting my bedtime.

i've been feeling it for the past couple of weeks but it was crystal clear last night. i'm giving up my hopes of ever becoming elite in this game. that's why i constantly feel like quitting: i feel like there's no point in playing if you're not playing to become the best. i'm not playing to become the best, so i feel like there's no point. it's only a matter of time.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
^^ @adam thats unfortunate :(. idk even still, if i was in ur position (which i might be lol idk atm), id play just cuz melee is so much fun. sure i might not go to tournaments as much or go just for the social aspect, but id still keep playing occasionally. also lol now that we've played and talked for a lil bit id def friend u on fb haha

also sung, in terms of "being nice" i feel the same way u do, at least if i understand what adam is saying about you. i don't mind playing people "worse" than me at all and i enjoy having people over and helping ppl get better in what limited way i can, so please keep doing that too. thats what i think at least.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
i was really frustrated when i made that post cuz i'd been busting my *** for 2-3 weeks and not having any fun with the game

but yesterday a whole lot clicked, so maybe it was just not having my friggin controller for those 2-3 weeks

Metameme

Smash Apprentice
if ur not good in 2 years u will never be :c :c :c :c :c

the sad truth

good thing this game is old

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
^Indeed

Sorry guys but this Oxy thing is cancelled tomorrow because it's finals and people don't want to be disturbed by any sounds and stuff

Lastly, Dendy will be leaving to Minnesota for the summer so...Oxy smashfests will be cancelled until he comes back...maybe in a couple of months I don't know but I'll report back later

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
gay gay gay... GAY

I'm back in so-cal and i was planning to work out at oxy's gym 6 days a week for the entire summer, and now I find out that there's no more smashfests at Oxy.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
yo jason am i gonna see u at tournaments then!? **** dude lets play sometime!

on another note i guess i can host occasionally, although my space is limited lol like prob 3 setups at most

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
alright sounds good! i finally have my own car yeayuhhz; i'll try to be active.

Coco: i'll name match you. if i win, then you have to change your name. if you win, then i have to change my tag. it's just so awkward seeing that name, especially if you enter a tournament. if not, then i'll pay for your next tournament entry fee ($5). how does that sound?

baka4moé

Smash Champion
wow dude nice yea theres grev this sunday (zhu's last socal local iirc) and the saturday after that theres a santa barbara tourney, and norcals bringing at least 2 cars! hope to see u at those.

also sometime while ur here lets team yea? lool ;]

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
baka = oh shoot really? i was planning to go to church on sunday but i'll see if i can make it. next saturday is my graduation day =/

oh shiz, sounds great shadrach

COCO

Smash Cadet
> Bizarro:
What's wrong with my name? It's actually my nickname in spanish, so yeah. I think you and commonyoshi were at me and my friends hotel room for a while for Genesis 2. Are you that asian guy that plays rly good Ganon? i lost to u dood lol

Top Bottom