• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time ~ URA PROJECT (OFFICIALLY DEAD)

Spire

III
BRoomer
The Ura Team: ZethN64, To Coool, Spire, Shadow Fire, SanguinettiMods, Sakura, Octorok17, Naxylldritt, Jeremy, Colonel Blinx, Arcaith

Project Type: Nintendo 64 Modification​
Latest Release: Unreleased​
Basic Information
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time URA Expansion (The URA Project) is a fan-made sequel to Ocarina of Time. Built using the Majora's Mask engine, the game will take the newly arrived Hero of Light on an adventure through Hyrule and beyond. With 12 new dungeons, this is truly a brand new Zelda 64-styled game. Expect the very best.​
To view the official Project mini-site, click the icon below:​

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I was thinking of making a thread that updates on news about the URA Project. Seeing as Spire, someone actually working on the project, has made this thread, I'd say it's more fitting. I've already listened to all the tracks so far, and all that goes through my mind is "wow, it sounds like Koji Kondo composed this stuff himself!". Actually, I think I'll listen to the tracks again, they're that good.

freddie1983

Smash Rookie
Though sounds an old story... Still it's looking really great and it'd be cool if they actually finished it, although I'm wary of that happening as the last two projects similar to this got dumped about halfway through development, and it really doesn't look like they've made super much progress.

Spire

III
BRoomer
That's because they haven't released about 75% (at least) of the progress they have made. There's so much going on with this project and it's far from being abandoned. I talk with most of the team members on a daily basis now because we're all working hard to make this happen. I can easily say that every chance every member gets to progress the development, they do, and that's basically a daily routine.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Plus with all the work, including the music, that's been done, I seriously doubt anyone would just give up on the project. That would be a waste of great effort.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Stickied-

Good luck with this Spire, looking forward to some previews :)

KhaosOverdrive

Smash Cadet
NNID
Khaotic077
3DS FC
4356-0406-3824
I've been following this for a while, cannot wait until it's completed. :)

Spire

III
BRoomer
Alright, so Trailer 3 is delayed for the time being. Zeth is getting things together. I haven't seen any footage from it yet, so I'll post it when it's up. In the meantime, here's an image of the entrance to the Palace of Darkness:

Spire

III
BRoomer
Exclusive SWF peek!

Wanna see a character I'm working on?

Keep in mind this is a work-in-progress.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Far more important than a disposable enemy. No more information for now!

Spire

III
BRoomer
I became too controlling of the project, not to say I wanted to, but I suppose my constant flow of ideas shook the pillars of Ura, inflating it to a very unstable and unrealistic level. I decided to leave the project so Zeth could properly lead the team. As much as I want to say I helped, I can't say a lot of progress was made in the time I was a part of the team. They were doing great, Trailer 3 was about to release—then I joined and I brought my technological curse. Everything that could go wrong went wrong. I hope the very best for the team and I know Zeth can lead them to completion.

The project has so much potential, with much of it already realized. It must be completed.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I've rejoined the team. We are shooting for a January 15th release of Trailer 3, but due to a terrible family tragedy for Zeth, it may be delayed beyond that date. I'll keep you folks posted.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Great to hear that you're back on the team. I am sorry for the tragedy in Zeth's family. If a delay is to occur, I can definitely understand, as can everyone else, I would imagine.

:phone:

Spire

III
BRoomer
Glad you guys are fond of these (even happier that you still check the LoZ room so you could have seen them!). Since I've known you too for quite some time, have any suggestions, maybe not for these but other enemies? Not that I'm running dry of ideas, but if possible, I'd like to try illustrating some joint concepts between me and my fellow smashboarders :)

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I think it'd be cool if there were to be a Gleeok in there somewhere. I haven't seen one in a 3D Zelda game yet, so if you guys can somehow fit one in there, that'd be awesome.

:phone:

Spire

III
BRoomer
Ganon was sealed in the Dark World at the end of Ocarina of Time. This game takes place two years later.

In regards to the timeline, Ura will split into a fourth branch, so no worries about contradictions.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I never played Phantom Hourglass, so I never knew Gleeok made an appearance there. I suppose there's always the Helmasaur King or that group of eyeballs from LttP's Misery Mire dungeon.

Glad to know there won't be any continuity issues with this.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Emulator or N64 Flash Cart. If you obtain one, it will be possible to play Ura Zelda on your N64.

I know, that's really awesome. A shame the flash carts are so expensive though ($199!)

I wouldn't buy one until Ura is complete and there's a 100% guarantee it'll run on the flash cart. Here's where you can purchase if you are interested: http://64drive.retroactive.be/purchase.php

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
Alright, thanks. I probably won't buy a flash cart...heck, I don't even have a N64 anymore. Doesn't seem worth it, just for this. I'll probably use an emulator.

Good luck to you guys anyways! :3

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
This project looks amazing, you guys! It's great to see how much work you're putting into these designs, Spire! Not that I'd expect any less. :cool:

Can't wait for more info on this. Well done 3D Zelda fan games are the best possible idea ever.

Top Bottom