• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OC3 DVDS :Soon to be released!!!:

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
yeah this charging to see matches is stupid. i mean we all seen youtube. we've seen the great matches we picked up stuff... this dvd will not be THAT much different from watching these players a few months ago. they didn't re-invent characters or techniques.....

*waits for someone to put it on youtube*

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
i'll buy it if it has a cool DVD case with a nice cover, like in video game system cases and obviously DVDs

i don't want just two DVDs in a CD case.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
lol

2 DVDs in nice DVD cases = $50
Youtube = Free
you tube also = ****ty quality.

and why do people keep saying the dvds are 50 dollars, everyone who keeps posting its 50 is an idiot. The price has been changed to 25 dollars a dvd.

also by the compression rate on the data disk you probably be able to see whats going on. When someone posts on youtube they have to compress it some more, at that rate you wont even be able to make out the characters just two fuzzy things moving around. So go for it wait for the you tube video lol.

also ive noted countless times this isnt a thread to post your opinions of when the matches are going on youtube or youll wait. If this keeps going on a mod will be informed. I need the spam to stop so i can inform those buying the dvds of when the data is released and when the registration page is going up. This is warning.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
you tube also = ****ty quality.

and why do people keep saying the dvds are 50 dollars, everyone who keeps posting its 50 is an idiot. The price has been changed to 25 dollars a dvd.

also by the compression rate on the data disk you probably be able to see whats going on. When someone posts on youtube they have to compress it some more, at that rate you wont even be able to make out the characters just two fuzzy things moving around. So go for it wait for the you tube video lol.

also ive noted countless times this isnt a thread to post your opinions of when the matches are going on youtube or youll wait. If this keeps going on a mod will be informed. I need the spam to stop so i can inform those buying the dvds of when the data is released and when the registration page is going up. This is warning.
So does it have a case? lol

Bailey

Smash Hero
Is there gonna be a blooper reel were someone with a camera opens Mana's bedroom door and sees the huge piles of cash from gettin 33rd at OC3? or just credits?

To stay on topic 0% chance of buying this.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
xD, Mana every1 knows that those have their own thread and u didnt do that crap. Second, if you guys who worked so hard to do this really wanted customers, then why has my question from the last page about the DVD's still not been answered. It was my longest post on the last page, and if u wanted customers, then you would answer all your customers answers...just saying.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
mana just wants the most amount of money he has to work the least amount for. its what motivates him.

if answering your question causes more effort to him than he feels is worth from a purchase of a dvd, he'll just ignore you

LoudGhost!

Smash Cadet
I hate manacloud.

I don't even know you and I can already tell you are jewing people out of their money

50 bucks is way too expensive for two dvds

prove to me it's not. I dare you.

@Plairnkk

He is trying to throw out some mindgames to make you buy his most likley worthless dvd for 4875987508209483049x more than its worth.

Charging for smash matches?

Come on now, Only lame MLG would do something like that.

I hate manacloud.

with the passion of the christ.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
for those who want an oc3 dvd its just a memoriabilia for the moment. You dont have to buy it you know. But yeah were serious. Time and lots of money was spent on making this.

You can say what kind of equipment is used to make it if im starting fresh. First off i would need a video input and output device = 70 bucks atleast

then you would need dvds around 30 bucks. You need an external hard drive thats atleast 100 gigs = 150 bucks. Our hd is 250 so it cost around 220 bucks. You need a fast dvd burner becuase you are burning atleast 100 discs costing around 100 bucks. I know dvd burners these days are around 20 bucks but those are ****ty and we dont want ****ty burned dvds. Including time spent encoding and include time spent editing and making the dvds and sending them off not including gas etc.

50 bucks is a **** good price.

now if you have a job even at mc donalds. you could earn 50 bucks in less than 2 days. 2 days of work for a dvd isnt so bad. Ill mention this again you dont have to buy it. Just wait and im sure someone will rip it and post it online. If you buy it great , we appreciate it, and we hope these dvds meet your expectations. I am not here to argue with the public I am here as a smasher offering a product.

im willing to answer more questions if people have them like will we get our dvds fast etc.
So basically, people are paying for your new capture card, external hard drive and a dvd burner? Sweet deal!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
LOL i missed that before

"now if you have a job even at mc donalds. you could earn 50 bucks in less than 2 days. 2 days of work for a dvd isnt so bad"

quote of the century

LoudGhost!

Smash Cadet
for those who want an oc3 dvd its just a memoriabilia for the moment. You dont have to buy it you know. But yeah were serious. Time and lots of money was spent on making this.

You can say what kind of equipment is used to make it if im starting fresh. First off i would need a video input and output device = 70 bucks atleast

then you would need dvds around 30 bucks. You need an external hard drive thats atleast 100 gigs = 150 bucks. Our hd is 250 so it cost around 220 bucks. You need a fast dvd burner becuase you are burning atleast 100 discs costing around 100 bucks. I know dvd burners these days are around 20 bucks but those are ****ty and we dont want ****ty burned dvds. Including time spent encoding and include time spent editing and making the dvds and sending them off not including gas etc.

50 bucks is a **** good price.

now if you have a job even at mc donalds. you could earn 50 bucks in less than 2 days. 2 days of work for a dvd isnt so bad. Ill mention this again you dont have to buy it. Just wait and im sure someone will rip it and post it online. If you buy it great , we appreciate it, and we hope these dvds meet your expectations. I am not here to argue with the public I am here as a smasher offering a product.

im willing to answer more questions if people have them like will we get our dvds fast etc.
lol.

DVDs 100 = 60$

250 GB External HD 74$

DVD Burner 31$

Roughly 165$

Why would you charge 50 for each?

Jewish jewish jewish jewish.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
I do believe it's a viable argument though, really.
If you really don't have the equipment needed to get the videos ripped and burned, I suggest you either pay out of your own pocket, or get someone else to do it.
If having to buy all that expensive equipment is too much for you guys, then just ask if anyone else can help out. I'm sure there are people here willing to help you rip, encode and burn the videos for free.

Oh, and regarding the encoding. It's not that hard at all. AJP_Anton compressed and encoded 206 smash matches within a few days, all in 320*240p resolution, 60 frames per second.
Here's a sample, I think you'll find it quite okay for a smash video ;)

http://rapidshare.com/files/48624520/Helios_vs_Nihonjin_1.mp4.html

Oh, and for those who want it, the rest of the set will be up on youtube shortly! =)

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
I've held 2 tournaments in my smash career.

The 1st one I paid almost $400 of my own cash to get it running and 50 bucks afterwards to fix a wall that a fox player broke because he got beat by Wes and Mike G in teams.

The 2nd I almost lost my house and my son to plus almost $500.

I would hold 100 more too.

No johns son.

And LOLOLOLOL @ Plairnkk.

shogun

Smash Journeyman
I hate manacloud.

I don't even know you and I can already tell you are jewing people out of their money

50 bucks is way too expensive for two dvds

prove to me it's not. I dare you.

@Plairnkk

He is trying to throw out some mindgames to make you buy his most likley worthless dvd for 4875987508209483049x more than its worth.

Charging for smash matches?

Come on now, Only lame MLG would do something like that.

I hate manacloud.

with the passion of the christ.
To be fair guys, MattDeezie charged money for his TG4 dvd.

FlipNRed

Smash Apprentice
So basically...Disc 1 has quantity, but Dics 2 has quality...And finals semi finals etc. cant be more than like 30 matches... and thats pushing it. Yet Disc 1 might still have good matches and will include the finals? Just at lower quality. I understand that they are the same price, so unless u wanted slightly higher quality matches, or the same matches + more at slightly lower quality...Unless im missing something what is the point to the second disc. I know u said some people just want the finals, but considering the finals=other matches+finals in terms of price, its not worth it. Thats all im saying, and... i heard many people say that it wont get ripped cuz no one will want to put all that time and effort into something where they dont get anything out of it, i just want u to consider this: There are good people in the world who dont do everything to gain something, they do it cuz they are doing something for others, yes people like that exist. And second, at FCD they posted some 74 matches for free. I know that wont be quite as much as OC3, but i didnt hear any1 complain about encoding and high priced DVD burners for FCD. Also some1 pointed at low priced things compared to what u were describing aka DVD's 6 times cheaper, and DVD burners for less that half the price etc... No one replied to that so i am assuming that he has a point. Dont say this is spam because im considering buying the DVD, im just pointing out things i would like to alert every1 of.
Mana, in case you didn't bother reading through this drivel full of mathematical signs, bad spelling, bad formatting, and bad punctuation full of ellipses where he's thinking while he's typing because I guess his thoughts haven't caught up to his fingers yet, his question I believe is under the bolded section, although there's no way you would have spotted it.

In fact, if you actually bothered to scan his post to find his question don't be fooled by the underlined section actually ending in a question mark because it's not really a question directed toward you if it's even a question. Since he is a potential customer it'd be best to answer it, and don't worry I did all the flaming for you.

cyberdemon

Smash Journeyman
Manacloud: *gets up and stomps over to kens room*

"KENN THEYRE MAKING FUN OF ME AGAIN, COME WARN THEM :'("
lol i didn't think he'd actually do that.

on topic: the dvd is too expensive. $20 seems more reasonable

Bailey

Smash Hero
how many times do i have to tell you idiots that the dvd is 25 dollars, dont buy it if you dont like it. Stop flaming and spamming this thread.

A mod is informed.
You such a snitch. Also you tell us to stop flaming and you call us idiots?

You know what you aren't the only person that can go call there brother who is a used to be smash god that got washed up while u go smuggle money from your "amazing tournament" and have him warn me!

Well actually you are.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Closed until the DVD(s) come out.

The rest of you, just drop it. You think the set is too expensive? Then don't buy it. Simple as that. Don't fill the thread with inane accusations and speculation. The only posts that should be showing up after the thread is reopened are comments on the actual DVD. As in, after you've already watched it.

Keep the conspiracy theories elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom