• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Obligatory MLG followup thread

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
It was loud, leave me alone. :(

I beat him 3-0 afterwards!

Then lost to ESAM.

Sadface. :(

On the plus side, Snakeee and I talked about ZSS, and didn't say angry hate words.
Huzzah!

solecalibur

Smash Master
17th =/ I hope you still go to DC
and get some ear plugs or head phones! you gotta do what you gotta do!

Snakeee

Smash Master
Honestly, I've been talking a lot lately about how I never seem to be able to get anywhere near my "zone" without wearing headphones X_X . Unfortunately,my Ipod died right when I got to the venue and i couldnt find any way to charge them which sucked fat monkey balls. I got a friend to let me use his MP3 player but that actually hurt more than it helped. I need to always set up a playlist of songs I'm REALLY feeling at the moment to place in a tournament which I usually figure out by quickly browsing through my music when I get to a tourney or whatever. If it's the right music then it reallyyy seems to help me enter my absolute best state of mind where I'm suddenly WAYYYYYYY INFINITELY better than I am normally. It's basically all because it changes my attitude and gets me motivated completely (with the right song for the right moment). I start feeling extremely confident, and feel like my reaction time becomes pretty instantaneous.

It's really weird how for me personally actually how much music actually changes my mood because it feels sooo ridiculous that simply music can take that kind of control on me :S. Sometimes I have to fight it because I don't want anything to be able to control my mind on its own lol. Most ppl think I'm nuts until they witness this themselves...or they just attribute it to my awesomeness? lols. Anywayyy, listening to music can actually make quite a significant amount of ppl play WORSE so I'd recommend experimenting a bit first with this and also with diff types of music. There's a unique means for success for every individual person really. Lmao that sounds so cheesy but it's whatever,

Oh and this MLG was fun even though I couldn't play like I wanted to play. I also got super bracket ***** in both events -_- . That's MLG seeding for ya. All wells, I'm really excited for my upcoming tourneys and I'm really optimistic about it among other things in my life. I just love nothing more than the positive feeling that you may be starting to approach things the way you really want to be doing so...woah
wtf did I do this could've easily become a novel if I didn't realize how much I was rambling just now O_O
I guess I'll end it here lol.

Oh one more thing XD
Nick we obv both could've done much better than we did, but it's one tourney and we both have much more potential than we showed here. Let's just break this character to the highest level because I just know we're both THIS close to the top. You've made the extra step at the moment, but I absolutely feel that we're at comparable skill levels at least when I can tap into that better mindset.
Our real disadvantage is that very few have really tried to make much progress on ZSS' metagame because of how little she's used. Yeah, we have a few guys that have done so and it's all helped us both a lot, but no one else is really making any decent placings at all besides me and you -_- . We had Dazwa, who was an amazing player that could have come up with more, but he's "quit."

Ooohhh and if anyone's into psychology, maybe you can tell me something that could help me feel that way consistently if you don't mind. That'd be pretty sweet :D

Zero

Smash Hero
lol I just watched the 3rd match of your revenge set Nick.

Do you think that Wario can't approach a ZSS in the lead?

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Snakeee like I told you last night, I've gotten a lot better and I think I'm ready to start placing a bit better. I have my own unique playstyle that is somewhere between Nick Riddle and uh... I don't know, I jab a lot. New videos are going up soon. So maybe, I can start placing a little better now. :)

zero___________, Wario can definitely approach a ZSS in the lead, that Wario was just frustrated and repeatedly approaching the same way over and over again without thinking about it. Honestly he wasn't going to win thinking that way, so ragequitting was probably the best way of handling that. :p

End of game 2.2 was beautiful, seriously.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
It was loud, leave me alone. :(

I beat him 3-0 afterwards!

Then lost to ESAM.

Sadface. :(

On the plus side, Snakeee and I talked about ZSS, and didn't say angry hate words.
Huzzah!
You should come train in the hills of North Carolina. You will learn the ways of the Catfish and be able to feed off of crowd energy.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Bahaha Nick taking my advice on that nB spam against Wario, that **** works so well for some reason. I think for us the Wario matchup comes down to:

A. Read how are they going for farts. I can tell you exactly how both of my local warios would set up their farts, it's not an easy move to land unless we're recovering

B. Do they like to approach with SHAD or dair? Flow chart time: SHAD->nB spam, dair->uair

Congrats you just learned the wario matchup

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Honestly, I've been talking a lot lately about how I never seem to be able to get anywhere near my "zone" without wearing headphones X_X . Unfortunately,my Ipod died right when I got to the venue and i couldnt find any way to charge them which sucked fat monkey balls. I got a friend to let me use his MP3 player but that actually hurt more than it helped. I need to always set up a playlist of songs I'm REALLY feeling at the moment to place in a tournament which I usually figure out by quickly browsing through my music when I get to a tourney or whatever. If it's the right music then it reallyyy seems to help me enter my absolute best state of mind where I'm suddenly WAYYYYYYY INFINITELY better than I am normally. It's basically all because it changes my attitude and gets me motivated completely (with the right song for the right moment). I start feeling extremely confident, and feel like my reaction time becomes pretty instantaneous.

It's really weird how for me personally actually how much music actually changes my mood because it feels sooo ridiculous that simply music can take that kind of control on me :S. Sometimes I have to fight it because I don't want anything to be able to control my mind on its own lol. Most ppl think I'm nuts until they witness this themselves...or they just attribute it to my awesomeness? lols. Anywayyy, listening to music can actually make quite a significant amount of ppl play WORSE so I'd recommend experimenting a bit first with this and also with diff types of music. There's a unique means for success for every individual person really. Lmao that sounds so cheesy but it's whatever,

Oh and this MLG was fun even though I couldn't play like I wanted to play. I also got super bracket ***** in both events -_- . That's MLG seeding for ya. All wells, I'm really excited for my upcoming tourneys and I'm really optimistic about it among other things in my life. I just love nothing more than the positive feeling that you may be starting to approach things the way you really want to be doing so...woah
wtf did I do this could've easily become a novel if I didn't realize how much I was rambling just now O_O
I guess I'll end it here lol.

Oh one more thing XD
Nick we obv both could've done much better than we did, but it's one tourney and we both have much more potential than we showed here. Let's just break this character to the highest level because I just know we're both THIS close to the top. You've made the extra step at the moment, but I absolutely feel that we're at comparable skill levels at least when I can tap into that better mindset.
Our real disadvantage is that very few have really tried to make much progress on ZSS' metagame because of how little she's used. Yeah, we have a few guys that have done so and it's all helped us both a lot, but no one else is really making any decent placings at all besides me and you -_- . We had Dazwa, who was an amazing player that could have come up with more, but he's "quit."

Ooohhh and if anyone's into psychology, maybe you can tell me something that could help me feel that way consistently if you don't mind. That'd be pretty sweet :D

We got this **** next time.
Going to Dallas?

Bahaha Nick taking my advice on that nB spam against Wario, that **** works so well for some reason. I think for us the Wario matchup comes down to:

A. Read how are they going for farts. I can tell you exactly how both of my local warios would set up their farts, it's not an easy move to land unless we're recovering

B. Do they like to approach with SHAD or dair? Flow chart time: SHAD->nB spam, dair->uair

Congrats you just learned the wario matchup
Yeah, I figured out paralyzer during match 2.
I actually forgot you mentioned it, because I'm dumb.
It's SO GOOD! :D

Snakeee like I told you last night, I've gotten a lot better and I think I'm ready to start placing a bit better. I have my own unique playstyle that is somewhere between Nick Riddle and uh... I don't know, I jab a lot. New videos are going up soon. So maybe, I can start placing a little better now. :)

zero___________, Wario can definitely approach a ZSS in the lead, that Wario was just frustrated and repeatedly approaching the same way over and over again without thinking about it. Honestly he wasn't going to win thinking that way, so ragequitting was probably the best way of handling that. :p

It was, actually. :D

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
I'm glad I'm not the only one that has problem with noise :(

And music helping too! So many things alike.

Goood stuff on your places people who went, perhaps if I go to Dallas you could give a "girl" a little zss lesson?

Snakeee

Smash Master
I want to go to Dallas, it's kinda short notice and I haven't talked to anyone who's going from my region or anything so I don't know like who'd I'd hang out with there and stuff. Tickets are more expensive at this point too. Idunno, I'm trying to stop spewing money, but I'm sure it'd be fun and there is a decent amount of money in the pot for once so I'm thinking about it.

Flamewave, I could probably teach you some ZSS if you wanted :)
Well if Nick's up for it then he might be the better teacher. I'm not really that good at teaching ppl stuff on the spot I think anyway :/

lol "girl"

Oh yeah btw, I was high when I made that giant post, but I think it's really legit o_O

culexus・wau

I can learn from both :>!

You can both teach at the same time and may or may not be more or less efficient!

Or separate, that's good too.

Don't be fooled, gentlemen. Flame is a huge trap. Just ask hippydude.

Also, hi, ZSS, etc. I'm gathering frame data for you all.:c

Snakeee

Smash Master
Don't be fooled, gentlemen. Flame is a huge trap. Just ask hippydude.

Also, hi, ZSS, etc. I'm gathering frame data for you all.:c
I know I saw him at Apex...weird but I don't even really see him as a "trap" or anything...he has like his own category of awesomeness i guess somehow >_>

And wow, you're awesome too plz help bc I know nothing about frames X_X

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Let me help you.

D-tilt Raw Data:

Entire Length: 37 Total frames of the move
Hitbox Out: 5 First frame that the hitbox appears.
Hitbox End: 8 Last frame that the hitbox is active. In this case, it's active for 3 frames (5 start, 8 end).
IASA: 25 IASA is the first cancellable frame. IASA stands for "interruptable as soon as", so basicly the first cancel frame. So, on frame 25 you can cancel the move, effectively shortening the duration by 12 frames (entire length is 37)
Hitbox Data:
Damage: 6/6/6 Damage on different hitbubbles
Direction: 46/5A/50 dunno, dun care
KBG: 46/46/46 ditto
BKB: 41/41/41 ditto
Advantage: -19 The advantage you get in frames when hitting his shield. In this case, you get MINUS 19 frames, meaning that the opponent can move 19 frames, while you're still in the animation.
Shield Drop Advantage: -13 The advantage you have after the opponent has shield dropped. It should be -12, by the way, a shield drop takes 7 frames.

Is Flame a hot trap at least?
Lmao.

I don't even know what 2/3s or more of that stuff means though X_X
Can't they make an "Idiot's Guide to Super Smash Bros. Brawl Frame Data" book? :urg:
This is a good idea.:muffin:

Let me help you.

D-tilt Raw Data:

Entire Length: 37 Total frames of the move
Hitbox Out: 5 First frame that the hitbox appears.
Hitbox End: 8 Last frame that the hitbox is active. In this case, it's active for 3 frames (5 start, 8 end).
IASA: 25 IASA is the first cancellable frame. IASA stands for "interruptable as soon as", so basicly the first cancel frame. So, on frame 25 you can cancel the move, effectively shortening the duration by 12 frames (entire length is 37)
Hitbox Data:
Damage: 6/6/6 Damage on different hitbubbles
Direction: 46/5A/50 dunno, dun care
KBG: 46/46/46 ditto
BKB: 41/41/41 ditto
Advantage: -19 The advantage you get in frames when hitting his shield. In this case, you get MINUS 19 frames, meaning that the opponent can move 19 frames, while you're still in the animation.
Shield Drop Advantage: -13 The advantage you have after the opponent has shield dropped. It should be -12, by the way, a shield drop takes 7 frames.
Correct. KBG= knockback growth. I.e. rate at which knockback increases. BKB= base knockback, the knockback a move deals at a 1.00 multiplier(that is, without the fresh bonus, but not staled either), on an opponent with a weight multiplier of 1.00(Lucario and Ivysaur), at 0%. Or I think the weight multiplier is factored in after the 1.00 multiplier and 0%. SOMETHING along those lines. :V

culexus・wau

I tried doing MK all day today :(

to no avail.

G&W is too **** short too, and Olimar but I'm still trying to hit it.

it'll hit his shield though

I was able to hit people like kirby,diddy, wario, ness, lucas standing.

culexus・wau

adding stuff

you can't hit jigglypuff.

yeah I was weirded out when you can hit kirby.. it requires spacing on the front of the uair right where she starts the flip.
I've only been able to do it like... once though so its probably hard.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
That's really good if we can hit mid heights consistently though, we definitely couldn't do diddy and wario before, makes me :) because we have a consistent OOS option now.

Also thank you Mr. Reasearcher for helping us out. Here are some things that would be extremely helpful to know, other people can chime in their thoughts as well:

Side b advantage on shield (both hitboxes)

nB advantage on shield

nB frame advantage on hit, both charges

Item toss data

Maybe.

Hey, do we have a list of everyone that we can hit standing with buffer'd jump uair?

:>

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=289085

I haven't found one on this boards at least.
I'm really surprised this was so unknown. @__@ It's one of those things that seem basic from a logical viewpoint. Like how you can DTilt without crouching, etc. Pretty sure Falcon players have been doing this since Melee, and so have Marths. I've done it for a really long time myself, as Mewtwo's SHUAir is really good, and is sometimes better than SHDJCFFLUair.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...

Yea, after I Sd'd during 2.2 I got frustrated and subsequntly played worse for the rest of the set. Plus Nick was on fire. I wouldn't consider it ragequitting as I wasn't mad. Just disappointed with myself and knew I wasn't going to make a comeback with my current frame of mind. That's why he's the top player. I got a little bit to go mentally before I can call myself one. I got you next time Nick :cool:.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Man, Mlg was the best tourney ever! It was great to finally meet and play dazwa and nick riddle! you two are awesome players/people. lol at dazwa not looking anything i thought he was going to look like. I pictured a very tall and stern man lolololol

Top Bottom