• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Obama's speech was simply inspiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I think he meant "how does being captured in a war make you presidential material"

edit: if not, then I assume he's claiming John McCain is a Vietnamese Manchurian candidate

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Well, on the gun thing, according to the second amendment, You have the right to carry a gun. However, who that right really belongs to (the people or a private militia) and to what degree (From .22 which Regan survived against to a .50 cal. Which can tear you in half) is up to question. The real debate is this, The scenario is the typical someone get's ambushed in the alley, but do we give the gun to the ambushie or keep it away from the ambusher? For a liberal, the goal is to keep guns away from those who will use it for offensive (and sinister) purposes, but this has holes in it, including examples in Switzerland, where every Adult male has an assault rifle for militia duty, and there is a low amount of gun homicides (let alone homicides altogether) because EVERYBODY HAS A GUN! The reverse has as much problems, namely with Science. While one scientist has found a connection to more guns-less crime, no one else has replicated this, so the More guns less violence theory doesn't hold out either. Not to mention the fact that there was even a case where a man sued the Airport because he can't take his gun onboard a plane. A GUY SUED AVIATION BECAUSE HE WANTED TO TAKE WITH HIM A GUN! If you don't see the problem with that, look back seven years. Also, there's also the Columbine and Virginia tech shootings as well. Guns, We can't get rid of them, yet they're to dangerous to have.

Sorry for having to pull that out, just had to explain to Green Kirby the ban guns Idea, and both arguments, and their holes.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
View it this way, a man in a parachute slowly drifting downward will be easy to capture, take note he isn't Rambo and therefore, he was bound to be captured.
Pilots who are shot down behind enemy lines have very high odds in becoming a POW, atleast we know McCain can take the torture of being a president. Plus, is there something wrong with a POW?
Nothing's wrong with you if you're were a POW. But if one uses that as a mean to win the election so much that political cartoons like this:

shows up, then it's a problem.

Also, throw in the fact that he says that he hates g**ks.

I think he meant "how does being captured in a war make you presidential material"
Yeah, that's what I meant.

D

Deleted member

Just because he SAYS he will do them, that doesn't mean he will accomplish them. Where is he going to get the money for this so called alternative energy? Oh yeah.....US! The TAXPAYERS. We will pay all the money.
Did you know that ON TOP of the already crippling gas prices, Obama wanted to impose a 10% tax on it? Did you know? I don't think so, Obama voters are SO misinformed. All they see is the (hate to say it) Black Charismatic new guy that doesn't know JACK SQUAT about how to operate as the man in charge.
McCain's vice president has held her position as governor of Alaska for MORE time than Obama has been a senator, yet OBAMA critisizes HER for being "inexperienced". Obama wasn't even ELECTED as a Senator. The man who held the position freaking DIED and THAT is how Obama got elected.

Obama is a ****** who will say ANYTHING to land his *** in office. He will do NOTHING good for America, and the only pleasure I will ever get in seeing him in office is when everyone starts panicking because he FAILS at everything.
To quote a popular saying:

I hope you join me in Canada when Obama is elected.
Is there a way to ban someone from the internet? Only 10 year olds would call Obama a ******. Inexperienced? Possibly. Sensationalist? Maybe. ******? The man is pretty **** intelligent. As Eor already showed, you're the misinformed ******.

M.K

Level 55
Is there a way to ban someone from the internet? Only 10 year olds would call Obama a ******. Inexperienced? Possibly. Sensationalist? Maybe. ******? The man is pretty **** intelligent. As Eor already showed, you're the misinformed ******.
Show me one insance in which Obama does something ACTUALLY useful for the world. Not his country, the WORLD. Inexperienced = BAD. I don't care what you say. For the people saying "He won't make the same mistakes"....You are DEAD wrong. Of COURSE he will! Isn't it the most blatently obvious choice of empty words? Obama says nothing that won't make anyone happy. Does that mean his ideas are good? Yeah, to the people. Will he carry them out in office? NO. He is going to say anything to get into the White House, and while John McCain MAY say stuff as well (every politician does), he doesn't use fake words and stupid emotional stories in order to prove the points. He uses the facts, he KNOWS we are in an economic slump, and Obama just says "This is when my mother would give up because she was single and raising me and it was BAD". The ******* of America stop and say "Awww, I feel sorry for him, he struggled, lets vote for him". Which is NOT The right way to approach an election

Haha, very funny all you Obama-supporters....but listen to THIS little Gem:

Hours after John McCain introduced Alaskan governor Sarah Palin as his vice president choice (perfect, in my opinion, just absolutely stunning record for her) Obama fires back....in the lamest and most sickening way I have EVER heard.

Palin is the 44-year old mother of 5 kids. Her youngest, a boy still an infant, has battled with Down Syndome since early complications in the womb.
Obama fires back, saying that "Palin should never have had the child if it had Down Syndrome, she should have just had an abortion."

That is horrible. That is inhumane.....That is just SO sickening.

Nobama in 2008, Nobama EVER.

Grandeza

Smash Master
"Palin should never have had the child if it had Down Syndrome, she should have just had an abortion."
bull ****

I just watched 2 hours of politics and if he was dumb enough to say that it would be all over. No politician is that dumb. Are you pulling all your info out of your ***?

Wuss

Smash Champion
Show me one insance in which Obama does something ACTUALLY useful for the world. Not his country, the WORLD. Inexperienced = BAD. I don't care what you say. For the people saying "He won't make the same mistakes"....You are DEAD wrong. Of COURSE he will! Isn't it the most blatently obvious choice of empty words? Obama says nothing that won't make anyone happy. Does that mean his ideas are good? Yeah, to the people. Will he carry them out in office? NO. He is going to say anything to get into the White House, and while John McCain MAY say stuff as well (every politician does), he doesn't use fake words and stupid emotional stories in order to prove the points. He uses the facts, he KNOWS we are in an economic slump, and Obama just says "This is when my mother would give up because she was single and raising me and it was BAD". The ******* of America stop and say "Awww, I feel sorry for him, he struggled, lets vote for him". Which is NOT The right way to approach an election

Haha, very funny all you Obama-supporters....but listen to THIS little Gem:

Hours after John McCain introduced Alaskan governor Sarah Palin as his vice president choice (perfect, in my opinion, just absolutely stunning record for her) Obama fires back....in the lamest and most sickening way I have EVER heard.

Palin is the 44-year old mother of 5 kids. Her youngest, a boy still an infant, has battled with Down Syndome since early complications in the womb.
Obama fires back, saying that "Palin should never have had the child if it had Down Syndrome, she should have just had an abortion."

Nobama in 2008, Nobama EVER.
I'm almost your positive you're either joking or all of your information comes from your mother who is really conservative and has a low IQ so she thinks McCain will be a good choice. If neither of these are correct, I have to assume you have an IQ well below 70 (aka you is a ****** son) and need to go into a special school immeadiately. Just my two cents though...

M.K

Level 55
I'm almost your positive you're either joking or all of your information comes from your mother who is really conservative and has a low IQ so she thinks McCain will be a good choice. If neither of these are correct, I have to assume you have an IQ well below 70 (aka you is a ****** son) and need to go into a special school immeadiately. Just my two cents though...
First of all, how dare you insult my family of which you know nothing about. Secondly, I heard it straight from NEWS 14 Carolina, my local news source. Thirdly, I'm almost positive that when Obama is elected, and you see how truly moronic and incapable he is, all this arguing will be for naught. Obama is utter trash, and if he is elected by the ******* population, you shouldn't expect great change to come any faster than they are now. You know why? Bush isn't controlling whether or not Saudia Arabia decides to give us oil. He can persuade them all he wants, but the decision lies with them. Does Obama truly believe he will be any more effective? Not only are the things he promise out of his hands, they aren't something that will magically happen overnight.

Wuss

Smash Champion
first of all, I didn't insult your family (well I insulted you, but not your mom, I just said if she is your new source, blah blah). Secondly, that's where republicans are just sooooo wrong. Obama is thinking about alternative energy source, REMOVING our dependance on oil. So all your nonsense about the middle east is just stupid. And thirdly, all you ever say about Obama is that he's making empty promises. Well guess what, I hate to break it to you, but if McCain is elected I doubt a quarter of things he's promised will get done. Such as Ending the war (or "winning" it as he calls it, although I think we've already lost), fixing our economy (good luck getting that done in 4 years). I hate to tell you, but you have no backing for any of your claims. Just because Obama Isn't "experienced" as you claim, doesn't mean he won't do anything to help the country.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Meta-Kirby, we live in the Youtube age. Post it or it didn't happen.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Way to put it nicely. =/ Please, no more flaming from anyone.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
First of all, how dare you insult my family of which you know nothing about. Secondly, I heard it straight from NEWS 14 Carolina, my local news source. Thirdly, I'm almost positive that when Obama is elected, and you see how truly moronic and incapable he is, all this arguing will be for naught. Obama is utter trash, and if he is elected by the ******* population, you shouldn't expect great change to come any faster than they are now. You know why? Bush isn't controlling whether or not Saudia Arabia decides to give us oil. He can persuade them all he wants, but the decision lies with them. Does Obama truly believe he will be any more effective? Not only are the things he promise out of his hands, they aren't something that will magically happen overnight.

Ahh.. Meta-Kirby... to think such things could ceom from the mouth of an Olimar fan :(

******* population? How dare you insult ME in that way. I'm no real fan of Obama, but all I know, is this country is in about as bottom-of-the-barrel shape as we can be.

I don't know how much you understand about economics, but lay-offs are occuring more and more, prices are going through the ****ing roof, and business after business is closing.

Why? You ask? One reason would be because of this ridiculous war with "good intentions".

The raise in oil prices, and amount of spending on this war (We're past several hundred billion at this point) has caused prices for importing, and just manufacturing of goods in general, to increase. People don't like this, and, apart from the increase in good prices, rent on business has gone up, and small business owners are getting ****ed over by such things.

The first solution to this problem would be to end this conflict, and stop trying to be "heroes" to the world, who generally hates us at this point now. How interesting.

Electing McCain, who's main idea is to keep us in the war, and also to "Follow Osama Bin Laden to the gates of HELL if necessary". (W.T.F. btw...)

If we are kept in this war, we will spend more and more money on a stupid conflict, that gets us nowhere, and our own country will continue to be neglected. We will fall even further towards a recession, and worse yet, we'll lose more and more young people, of course, McCain, being a fossil, probably doesn't care about this.

And although I did not see the Democratic Convention Finale myself (As much as I wanted to) Obama is not the type of person who would make such a blatant statement. I can truthfully say this.

McCain cemented my dislike of him with his vice president choice, simply because she's pro-life, which will fuel the fires of those who campaign to push their idea that the use of fetuses, or removal of fetuses, is an injustice. Whether or not you feel it is, that's your opinion, but having someone with such strong ideas in office... the crazy Christian brigade will be on the march, for god's sake!

I dunno mates, it comes down to this :

Vote for McCain : 4-8(God I hope not) years of the same bull**** we've been dealing with for the LAST 8 years (8 years,... Karl Rove... you must die..)

Vote for Obama : Whether or not everything he promises comes to fruition, I guarantee you that things will change, and the war oversees (more like occupation...) will end. Hopefully, he'll also allow more freedom among persons, and America may actually GET somewhere in the scientific world, after being so far behind because of idiots trying to prevent stem cell research.

I mean really, America is already the 3rd most populous country by area anyway. Overpopulation is bad, people, humans are responsible for a 70% increase in extinctions of other animals, just because they had to remove forests for apartment buildings, and other such bull****, to accomodate all these excess humans.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Show me one insance in which Obama does something ACTUALLY useful for the world.
Just one? Fine. He worked as a community organizer for Chicago. While there he helped set up job training program, a college preparatory tutoring program, and a tenants' rights organization in Altgeld Gardens.

Not his country, the WORLD.
The country is part of the world. But otherwise?

http://www.usccb.org/sdwp/international/drc0406.shtml

Bam

and Obama just says "This is when my mother would give up because she was single and raising me and it was BAD". The ******* of America stop and say "Awww, I feel sorry for him, he struggled, lets vote for him". Which is NOT The right way to approach an election
No, he's saying that to counter the McCain attacks on him being a "celebrity" by showing that he came from a working class background, and also to attack claims that he's elitist, out of touch, or just not American.

Haha, very funny all you Obama-supporters
Maybe you should read my last response

Hours after John McCain introduced Alaskan governor Sarah Palin as his vice president choice (perfect, in my opinion, just absolutely stunning record for her)
Really? How about the fact that she approved Obama's energy plan and is already in an ethics investigation?

Obama fires back....in the lamest and most sickening way I have EVER heard.

It's also a lie, like half of your last post.

First of all, how dare you insult my family of which you know nothing about.
Your family is a bunch of prostitutes and gypsies

Secondly, I heard it straight from NEWS 14 Carolina, my local news source. Thirdly, I'm almost positive that when Obama is elected, and you see how truly moronic and incapable he is, all this arguing will be for naught. Obama is utter trash, and if he is elected by the ******* population, you shouldn't expect great change to come any faster than they are now. You know why? Bush isn't controlling whether or not Saudia Arabia decides to give us oil. He can persuade them all he wants, but the decision lies with them. Does Obama truly believe he will be any more effective? Not only are the things he promise out of his hands, they aren't something that will magically happen overnight.
But Saudia Arabia is giving us oil, and none of Obama's plans involve getting more oil from the middle east

edit: Your link has absolutely nothing to do with your made up claim. At all.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So.. I read that page, I learned nothing, except that Palin is an idiot.

Seperation from Church and State exists for a reason.

Saying that god gave her her special little bundle of joy holds no meaning to me, because it's really nothing important. Whoopee, 5 kids. Overpopulation = bad, seriously, I'm not being evil, just logical.

If, (hopefully not) McCain wins, will we have to listen to a VP who sits there and quotes the bible in our non-christian faces? Askoing us to swallow that jargon as if it were fact?

I simply couldn't live with that fact, and even if I agreed with every single thing McCain said, I would not vote for him at this point, simply to keep Palin out.

And yes, that page was obiously biased against Obama, making him seem like a monster of some sort.

Of course, the people who believe that kind of idiotic crap are McCain supporters (and idiots who'll believe anything) so it works just fine for the Republican party? Eh?

Puddin

Smash Lord
I was too busy thinking about what a post turtle Obama is to listen in, from what I've heard it was good but I could care less. But for some reason if I try to tell anyone I know I don't agree with Obama or his plans for "change" I'm instantly racist. Anyway as Stephen Colbert said "If it's not broke don't fix it"

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
^^^^

Unfortunate thing Puddin, is that the country currently is broken, and does need fixing.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
A politician gave a great speech. That's pretty much all I see it as.

He can say he's all for change all he wants, but until he gets in the office, we won't see it. That being said, I won't vote for him nor McCain.
Pretty much this, except I'm voting for McCain. I hate him, but he's the least of two evils and a vote for him rather than a third party candidate is more likely to do something other than just remove votes from Obama.

Lots of the people voting for Obama are misinformed. As much as I hate to say it, they guy is going to be our next president, mostly because he gets all the attention in the media, he's young, and EXTREMELY charismatic.

That being said, 4 years of Obama will screw the U.S. up worse than G.B. ever did.
Yeah. He SAYS he's going to change, that he's different, but when it comes down to it he's not. So many people are so pissed off at the way things are now (I don't really think they're that bad aside from the bull**** Congress) that they want to change things and they hear someone saying they will, so voila. He's not different, because politics is this: either conform to being a regular politician or GTFO.

I love how people hear the word taxes and immediately disregard everything else. Obama is proposing taxing the rich and businesses more heavily. There is little that is going to change tax-wise for the average middle-class family. But, no, instead we get, "omg, he's raising taxes! vote mccain."
Ask him what his definition of "rich" is.

And he's going to have to tax the **** out of the "rich" and businesses if he wants to get all of that done.

Translation: taxes are going to go up for everyone, he can say whatever he wants.

So it's bad because he's not self centered? O_o
It's sad because we're not electing his family.

But I just can't stand McCain. He claims that Obama doesn't have experience. Yet how can someone be Presidential material when he was captured during war?
I admit he overused that line, part of the reason I didn't like him in the first place (although the majority of which being that he's hardly a Republican), but he really hasn't been using it that much lately.

first of all, I didn't insult your family (well I insulted you, but not your mom, I just said if she is your new source, blah blah). Secondly, that's where republicans are just sooooo wrong. Obama is thinking about alternative energy source, REMOVING our dependance on oil. So all your nonsense about the middle east is just stupid. And thirdly, all you ever say about Obama is that he's making empty promises. Well guess what, I hate to break it to you, but if McCain is elected I doubt a quarter of things he's promised will get done. Such as Ending the war (or "winning" it as he calls it, although I think we've already lost), fixing our economy (good luck getting that done in 4 years). I hate to tell you, but you have no backing for any of your claims. Just because Obama Isn't "experienced" as you claim, doesn't mean he won't do anything to help the country.
Obama may be thinking about it, but it's not going to happen. If he manages to even cut our dependance on oil in half I'd be shocked, to tell you the truth.

McCain isn't going to end the war until it's won. Your opinion on it being lost doesn't really matter, because we really haven't.

Obama ISN'T experienced. He was a Senator for two years. And would you trust a doctor who's only been certified for a day to do your brain surgery? Probably not. Well, same thing here; you don't trust someone who's had two years of experience to run an entire country.

Worst part is, in his speech, he had the nerve to say that McCain didn't have a record to run on. How's that true, exactly?

Part of the reason Obama pisses me off so much is that so many people who want to vote for him just want to vote for him because he says he's going to change things. I'm sure half of them don't even know what he stands for except taxing the "rich".

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Was anybody actually in Denver?
I was! I didn't have a ticket or anything (though my dad did), so I just hung around downtown taking photos as the calamity ensued. Honestly, the DNC happening in Denver was probably the most exciting thing to ever happen to this place.

I was around Investco Field as he Obama was delivering his speech - I only heard snippets, and have yet to hear the entire thing. Though I think I might have seen him arrive by helicopter, either that, or just some ordinary black guy.

EDIT: "Ordinary black guy". "Arrive by helicopter". OFMG I SAW OBAMA.

There was also some McCain supporters in blanket togas toting signs saying "We're not worthy for Obama" and "The temple of O" - basically poking fun at Obama's messiah complex. My boyfriend yelled at them. :p

Wuss

Smash Champion
Obama may be thinking about it, but it's not going to happen. If he manages to even cut our dependance on oil in half I'd be shocked, to tell you the truth.

McCain isn't going to end the war until it's won. Your opinion on it being lost doesn't really matter, because we really haven't.

Obama ISN'T experienced. He was a Senator for two years. And would you trust a doctor who's only been certified for a day to do your brain surgery? Probably not. Well, same thing here; you don't trust someone who's had two years of experience to run an entire country.

Worst part is, in his speech, he had the nerve to say that McCain didn't have a record to run on. How's that true, exactly?

Part of the reason Obama pisses me off so much is that so many people who want to vote for him just want to vote for him because he says he's going to change things. I'm sure half of them don't even know what he stands for except taxing the "rich".
1.Who cares, it's significantly better than increasing our dependance on foreign oil and/or just pretending the oil won't run out one day.

2. Please tell me exactly what winning the war in iraq means?

3. I guess if McCain dies though, and Palin is our president, she wont be inexperienced at all. I'm tired of this "inexperienced argument that McCain has just lost by choosing her as his VP.

4. Cause he's old, doesn't know how many houses he owns, thinks 5 mil is beginning if rich, and over all may have alzheimers in a few years. [/slight joke]

D

Deleted member

It's really disappointing to see people reject the person that has sincerely offered to save their nation as a "liar" and a "******" and "total trash", and to see such sincerity dismissed as lies.

Meta Kirby:

Palin is not scandal-free. Obama is not inexperienced. The man has been helping the nation for the past two decades. He's a Harvard graduate. You don't know what you're talking about. Stop talking out your ***. Your family is an uninformed band of rednecks.

I'm done with this thread :)

Aleol

Smash Journeyman
Pretty much this, except I'm voting for McCain. I hate him, but he's the least of two evils and a vote for him rather than a third party candidate is more likely to do something other than just remove votes from Obama.
What exactly does mcCain promise That makes him the lesser of the two Evils? McCain wants to keep spending billions of dollars in Iraq, Keep spending billions of dollars on foreign oil, and remove people's ability to make choices. that's not evil because...?

Yeah. He SAYS he's going to change, that he's different, but when it comes down to it he's not. So many people are so pissed off at the way things are now (I don't really think they're that bad aside from the bull**** Congress) that they want to change things and they hear someone saying they will, so voila. He's not different, because politics is this: either conform to being a regular politician or GTFO.
Yeah, Mccain is SO different from the norm, he makes SOOO many unique statements [/sarcasm] Seriously, what makes McCain any different, any better, he doesn't promise anything but keeping the country the way it is, at least Obama WANTS to change something.

Ask him what his definition of "rich" is.

And he's going to have to tax the **** out of the "rich" and businesses if he wants to get all of that done.

Translation: taxes are going to go up for everyone, he can say whatever he wants.
I'm sure it's just your "average middle class american" you think he means, right? what makes you say so? Obama has the same definition of "rich" as you or I do

It's sad because we're not electing his family.
And that makes it not okay to share anecdotes? seriously.

I admit he overused that line, part of the reason I didn't like him in the first place (although the majority of which being that he's hardly a Republican), but he really hasn't been using it that much lately.
Ah, you admit that your beloved candidate did something wrong! Who's to know what else he's done? He's as much of a republican as Bush.

HAHAHAHA, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Absolutely everything McCain thinks about is going to happen right? What gives you the idea that Obama will not pt his plans into fruition? Your logic seems questionable here, as the only president to ever do everything he said he would is James K. Polk.

Won???? How are we supposed to win it exactly?? what the hell is our ****ing purpose for being there in the first place? Believe it or not, OIL. This is my opinion and was not swayed by ANY outside sources.

Inexperienced, huh? yet the man sponsored and cosponsored hundreds of bills, many of which were made into law. He's a menber of quite a few organizations, has travelled the world and met with many world leader, This =/= experience? where's the logic in that?

Why are you voting for McCain? To spite Obama. You're a ****ing hypocrite. He has stated time and time again what he stands for, and has never continuously repeating "taxing the 'rich'" the way you have.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
It's really disappointing to see people reject the person that has sincerely offered to save their nation as a "liar" and a "******" and "total trash", and to see such sincerity dismissed as lies.
Really? You expect him to be honest and say "Well, I can't do anything really to change the country. I need to win badly, so trust me, I can win, then we'll see what happens." No. He's going to promise everything he can just to rally support. Bush, fyi, promised to illegalize abortion completely - still legal. It's really hard to be excited about politics ever, and what's worse, when Obama messes up, I wonder if his supporters will accept it.

D

Deleted member

No, I don't think that's being honest. I think that's being pessimistic. I'm very optimistic that Obama will bring the US into the modern era of society. You guys are lagging behind massively.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
No president can actually claim that, ever. His plans of massive taxation seems great, but I can pretty much bet he won't cut spending of needless eras such as congresses raises and the massive military budget. Will he be better than McCain, who knows. It's just like Gore and Kerry - I honestly think nothing would have been different had either of them become president.

D

Deleted member

We aren't arguing legitimately. You're just being negative, and I'm just being hopeful. Forgive me?

I think you should give Obama a chance. If he's wrong, then I think you're fully justified to hate politics for good. :)

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
The way I see it: Obama is promising change, McCain is promising at least four more years of what we've had for the past eight. If neither would keep their promises as president, everything would, more or less, continue as per usual. However, consider if whoever was elected followed through with whatever they've promised. With McCain, this would still result in at least four years of the same ****. With Obama, things would be different, hopefully for the better. That's a (purely viewed from a mathematical standpoint) 25% chance that the USA and the world could become a better place. Were I an American citizen, I'd vote for him just for that 1 in 4 chance that things could get better.

I don't know, maybe that's a silly way to look at it, but quite frankly I'm really ****ing sick of seeing the way the world's going, and if there's any chance of that changing then I'd personally be up for taking it. Too bad I can't... >_<

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
If you don't like the main two, vote for all the independents first and leave the two big shots to absolute last.
But then I would have to vote for the independents and they're such losers. :p

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Considering that it's basically unconstitutional to have only two major political parties, voting independent is the actual American thing to do. :D

1.Who cares, it's significantly better than increasing our dependance on foreign oil and/or just pretending the oil won't run out one day.
Nothing lasts forever. And that includes oil.

[warning: Nutty religious theory coming through]

Anyway, the only thing worrisome about Obama so far is that everyone likes him. A black guy who's usually seen as a the Messiah. Can we say Anti-Christ? lol

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Better than the *******es who are in power. WA's got it's state election coming up and it's literally coming own to 'do you want identical piece of poop 1, or identical piece of poop 2?'

I'd rather go with the 3rd party guy. :/

I thought Bush already declared the US won a few yeas back?

BlackFoxPariah

Smash Apprentice
Obama gives a good speech. That's about it. Barrack Hussein Obama will not stand and put his hand over his heart during the pledge of allegiance. He has very little experience in any government office.

You want to elect this man to lead a country? He was a community organizer before he got his 143 days in senate. So what did he do? Plan barbeques and cook outs? Hmmmm.

I'm not saying McCain is the answer to our problems but Obama certainly isn't.

Linguini

Smash Master
A politician gave a great speech. That's pretty much all I see it as.

He can say he's all for change all he wants, but until he gets in the office, we won't see it. That being said, I won't vote for him nor McCain.
Then how would you elect your president if the only way of election is to vote before action since he has never been in office yet? Unless it's second a term election.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Anyway, the only thing worrisome about Obama so far is that everyone likes him. A black guy who's usually seen as a the Messiah. Can we say Anti-Christ? lol
No, but I can say racist. Jesus was black, or at the very least, not white, and thought he was the Messiah.

But, I agree with you. If anyone who is not white thinks they are good, credible, and important, they MUST be the anti-Christ.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
No, but I can say racist. Jesus was black, or at the very least, not white, and thought he was the Messiah.

But, I agree with you. If anyone who is not white thinks they are good, credible, and important, they MUST be the anti-Christ.
1) I'm black as well. Way to ASSume that I'm' white. >_>

2) I know that Jesus wasn't white

3) It's prophesied that the Anti-Christ will be love by a lot of people in the whole world before the end of days. The fact that everybody and their dead ancestors love Obama is odd. The fact that he's a black person who is not an athlete but is still popular is even odder.

But whatever, it's not like I actually believe it.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Just because you're black means nothing, you're still being racist

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
3) It's prophesied that the Anti-Christ will be love by a lot of people in the whole world before the end of days. The fact that everybody and their dead ancestors love Obama is odd. The fact that he's a black person who is not an athlete but is still popular is even odder.

But whatever, it's not like I actually believe it.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Regardless of whether or not you believe it, it's suddenly become a lot harder to take seriously anything that you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom