• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oasis Mafia - Over!

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I wanna go back to my other mafia game now
so plz lets get this over with, before I have a full blown panic attack like I did in Magika Madoka Mafia

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I did. I thought that it would subvert our expectations if the inventor was actually scum the whole time that was given the instruction to give out the tokens to everybody. However, I began to see how this was unlikely. I also felt that their townread on me during earlier phases was unnatural. Granted, me saying that they were scum was only conditional, and was just me trying to test the waters to see how Jack would take it. They were largely a townread for most of the early game, and they're a townread now as well.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I wanna go back to my other mafia game now
so plz lets get this over with, before I have a full blown panic attack like I did in Magika Madoka Mafia
what other site do you play on? You're not an xkcd-ian, are you?

If this is game over, town or scum win, I'll miss our start-of-Day talks LMAO

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I'm sort of worried about a world where Boom is scum and we lose here.

##Boomfrog

Last edited:

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Pokechu Pokechu
same

lets see?
Forum Mafia:
Mafia Coliseum which I am repping in Champs
MTGS (Magic the Gathering Salvation)
Town of Salem
MU
Mafia451
Chief Delphi
Throne of Lies
SC2 Mafia

Video Mafia:
Daily Mafia
Liars Club
Mini Mafia

Jackrito

Smash Ace
The Vig kill makes this really tricky. Without that I would be fine with leaving him alive. No lynch really would of being the best outcome

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I did. I thought that it would subvert our expectations if the inventor was actually scum the whole time that was given the instruction to give out the tokens to everybody. However, I began to see how this was unlikely. I also felt that their townread on me during earlier phases was unnatural. Granted, me saying that they were scum was only conditional, and was just me trying to test the waters to see how Jack would take it. They were largely a townread for most of the early game, and they're a townread now as well.
You said that you reread me though and saw me as scum with Laser surely that flip would make that more likely or is this you just admiting you followed Boom and had did not reread me.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
It all comes down to

BoomDog

Chu
Poy
Wiisp
Jack

Long ago, the four players lived in harmony. Then everything changed when the Mafia nation attacked. Only the hammer, master of all votes, could stop them. But when the town needed him most, he vanished.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
It all comes down to

BoomDog

Chu
Poy
Wiisp
Jack

Long ago, the four players lived in harmony. Then everything changed when the Mafia nation attacked. Only the hammer, master of all votes, could stop them. But when the town needed him most, he vanished.

didn't mean to post

uh

continue!

Four days passed and the town discovered the new hammer, an xkcd-ian named Boom, and although his voting skills are great, he still has a lot to learn before he's ready to save anyone.

But I believe Boom can save the world.

Jackrito

Smash Ace

didn't mean to post

uh

continue!

Four days passed and the town discovered the new hammer, an xkcd-ian named Boom, and although his voting skills are great, he still has a lot to learn before he's ready to save anyone.

But I believe Boom can save the world.

I enjoy the ref. What happened to your scum read on me by the way, Or was it that it was either me or Laser because you seemed pretty set on me early.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
It’s your friendly neighborhood insomniac here. I’m exhausted and have absolutely no leads on where to look next. Initial thought make me think it’s gotta be Boom or Laser. Will have to reinvestigate Jack.
You said that you reread me though and saw me as scum with Laser surely that flip would make that more likely or is this you just admiting you followed Boom and had did not reread me.
Which post in particular are you referring to?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I enjoy the ref. What happened to your scum read on me by the way, Or was it that it was either me or Laser because you seemed pretty set on me early.
yeah it was between either Laser or you. Usually gambits like that, with a strong reaction from one site (an immediate vote), I think a rule of thumb is that one of the two may be scum. Like it could have been Laser trying to form a natural readslist (him scumreading you) or you wanting to mislynch him. Just kind of pinged me TvS

I guess SvS is possible but I wouldn't find it too likely. I liked the posts you were making D2. If you are scum then I'm impressed and would really appreciate lessons

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
so. . . . yeah

whoever finds the Hammer, that'd be great.

i mean like jack, poy, yall can be the Hammer the town needs!!! you can replace Boom's role

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Oh I remember it now

Laser and Jack seems like a probable team. I didn't want to say anything about Jack yet, but I decided during the night that Jack could very well be the other scum here. I am honestly shocked that there's 2 scum and not 3 in an 11 person game, but what can you do. I have a pretty good token now that I am planning to use during the night, as well as a messenger token. Debating whether I should send the message detailing what my good token can do, or just use the good token during the upcoming night.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
so how's the weather??? anyone got any tips for the game?? Like things I could do better? Always open to constructive criticism!

what yall wan talk about while we waitin for boom??

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
since wiisp mentioned it, I went to the Champs last year repping our humble abode here

I won! But I played like a CLOWN, I hard bussed my partner and NO ONE saw it coming, and that's mostly all I did until LyLo where my partner and I won. Other than that I was kind of on the sidelines.

But the specc chat was kind of clowning me... so I vanished. It was fun to see what they had to say LMAO but I was lil embarrassed

I used LOL a lot since I was nervous... here I say LMAO now but at the Champs it was LOL. And it really turned into a fad, like people still remember it. One of the people I played with, I was at their homeland, and I saw someone uninvolved with the game say "this is giving me Pokechu vibes"

like I was really.... immortalized in a way. Kind of strange. Even at Mafia Universe I saw a few comments saying that scum as a whole are nicer since they saw it work out for me. But I'm still a lil embarrassed :x my game started a discord for us all to chat in and I vanished. I reached out yesterday, guess what I said?

"LOL"

will keep yall in tune

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
yet you suggested I hammer myself

Regardless, this is your big brain idea. I'm sure you want to hear more out of me, so ask me a question if you're inclined.
why do you think Wiisp is possible scum?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
The only thing that Wiisp has going for them thusfar is their activity levels, them having "townie" reactions to mislynches (which is easy to replicate as a good player such as Wiisp), and their incessant insistence that they're town and that they should be NK'ed every night, yet they somehow don't. If they were truly obv!town, then you'd think that they would have been killed early, until you realize that Wiisp has been acting "too" townie. But maybe that's a false positive; I'm not saying that Wiisp is likely scum, because they're probably going to end up being town. I'm just saying that the possibility is definitely there and I haven't seen any good reason to rule out them being town, unless you have something?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
like I was really.... immortalized in a way. Kind of strange.
In the good way. I appreciate that I was able to make such an impression Embarrass

anyways I may throw some more questions at you later Poy if Boom hasn't come back. maybe he has questions for you too? but I'mma head out for now, deuces

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
their activity levels, them having "townie" reactions to mislynches (which is easy to replicate as a good player such as Wiisp), and their incessant insistence that they're town and that they should be NK'ed every night, yet they somehow don't
This is so obviously an exaggeration and an over-simplification.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I mean I GUESS the question to ask would be

why would scum!Poyzin claim a bingo on Boom, that simply doesn't exist?

like unless he had some role that ensured he won this Night phase. because otherwise he'd just get lynched D5

but IDK why he did a lot of his actions to be honest LOL

Wiisp

Smash Lord
honestly I have no idea
I cant figured out the reasoning behind much of anything he's done this game

Top Bottom