• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oasis Mafia - Over!

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
who wanna talk???? cmon it's LYLO get to typing!!

BUT NO VOTES!!!! NO VOTES!!! OK i dont want NO votes from NONE YALL

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
NOW is my time to shine as the self-proclaimed town leader and I'm GOING TO EAT IT UP

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
how come Wiisp got to die but I didn't :( not fair!

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
actually I do have a question, Jack
I would likely vote UP today the way he paired me straight with laser after you suggested it bothered me. Possible Wisp has deep scumed the hell out of me but I doubt it. I'm not voting you today because you hold the best chance to lock this game. Also another reason which I may confirm later.
what happened to this? like I'm really not sure why you voted Boom. super sketch, care to explain? I think you said something about if Boom is scum then we would've lost if we didn't lynch him then but didn't that go for any scum? like if Wiisp or Poy were scum and they got the NK and Z got his vig shot

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
the game feels different without Wiisp. :(

I wish someone was here to talk to me.

Jackrito

Smash Ace

what happened to this? like I'm really not sure why you voted Boom. super sketch, care to explain? I think you said something about if Boom is scum then we would've lost if we didn't lynch him then but didn't that go for any scum? like if Wiisp or Poy were scum and they got the NK and Z got his vig shot
Well my paranoia got the best of me. We could not NL so going for the person who Z25 likely shot was best outcome. To get one more chance.

I regret my choice now he was town since the jail keep could of stopped the NK and we would of had a even better chance to win. I could not take that risk though of losing off a double night kill. They was still a small chance I was wrong on Wisp this whole time and he could of won it there or you. Since both of you would never get shot based off his posts. Luckily I was right that he shot boom though.

I likely only Vote UP today I can't take losing to a slot who I should of hammered 2 times its a petty reason but my pride could not take losing to that. If you are scum here I just take the loss you deserve it. Not going to vote yet though I have time to reread but that is where my head is at.

Jackrito

Smash Ace

This post was also before I realized that Z25 did not die with the vig token. Once I realized that it changed my early view because of the potential of a double kill.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin

I'm 99% sure that the "vig" token never existed and Jack made it up as a way to get Boom lynched, since Boom had a token that could've outed Jack. What do you think?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
don't all tokens have two powers, and you can only select one? Why'd this be different? Like it was only a vig?

Jackrito

Smash Ace
It was am vig and bullet proof I said that in the list of tokens that I handed out to everyone. Maybe he ended up using the bullet proof but based off how eager he was to lynch in POE I doubt it.

Also ifI was worried about being jailed I would not of gave him it to begin with. I tried my best to use tokens in a productive day way.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
And another thing that's been pinging me

I think you reread the game during D2, not sure to just get a better read on Sab or to just get a better read on everyone

UP posts during the Night bother me during reread, I feel that Sab has decent points and the way UP reacted felt way over the top for no reason. Espically after being MIA for so long.

My read on Sabrar has went up over the last 12 pages of my reread. I feel that they came off better in the litte face off with Boom and the one just mentioned at Night. I also find it hard to believe a wolf has this much follow up on his questions. A lot of scum just half arse it and never follow up. He is following up on everything which shows that the questions matter to him and he needs them to help his scum hunting. I never realized how much he actually has done until my reread.
Your opinion of Sab improved maassively
Unless someone can give me a valid case on Sabrar or show me the one that I missed, then I could go there today.
You're hesitant to lynch him here
Sabrar: I think his play has been tunneling UP, with some questioning that has seemed townie. Yet he's been keeping Boom at a distance, until now. He has been questioning Wisp on Day 1 with legitimate concerns, such as Wisp's shade on him, but he labels him as indy, and then drops it the next Day. Sabrar's play on Day 2, has been very lacking. His push on Boom seems like an omgus, because he wasn't considering Boom before he voted Sabrar. Boom was already showing signs of considering everyone but himself and UP in his reads.

This quote is in response to me asking Sabrar why he was less engaged today. I think this shows the lack of desire to find scum, and sticking to UP.
Ok that sounds fair and goes with the meta that I think laser said day one that Sabrar is more passive but agrro as town. He has being uber focused on UP for a long time and seemed to have little intrest looking elsewhere while the rest of us did. I also agree the push on Boom lacked fight to a degree and was a bit OMGUS.

On the Wisp part though would him dropping it not make sense with the lovers thing to a degree. I'm not sure what the correct reaction to that is tbh
OK I just reread everything from today that I missed. I feel ok about the Sabrar lynch feel like a bit bad voting someone who is not here, but nothing we can do about that. I agree with Wisp in not liking Sabrar last post and part of me feels that they is a scum in Wisp and Sabrar just based off that role. Its the type of thing I loved to do as a host. I townread Wisp a lot more also so a easy choice.
But with just one itty bitty paragraph from Ran, you're convinced! And you're trusting meta that Laser (your top scumread) gave! I guess meta doesn't really differ based on alignment, but I would've expected you to have more hesitance overall with voting Sab. Like it's really opportunistic to vote someone when you were really improving your read of them.

But I guess you had good reasoning with Wiisp/Sabrar TvS..... but at the same time, both have flipped town. . . . . . .

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I guess meta doesn't really differ based on alignment
by this I mean like, meta (past history) remains the same, regardless of the present. Like scum!Laser could have been saying truthful and honest meta still, because... it's meta. Like he doesn't need to be town to know what happened in the past LOL

But I feel like the point still stands, that you really moved to Sabrar quick. Were there more things pinging you about him or did those posts cover most of it?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I can believe the [ bulletproof | vigilante ] though. . . . I didn't remember you saying it was that yesterday. Whoops lmao

Jackrito

Smash Ace
And another thing that's been pinging me

I think you reread the game during D2, not sure to just get a better read on Sab or to just get a better read on everyone

Your opinion of Sab improved maassively

You're hesitant to lynch him here

But with just one itty bitty paragraph from Ran, you're convinced! And you're trusting meta that Laser (your top scumread) gave! I guess meta doesn't really differ based on alignment, but I would've expected you to have more hesitance overall with voting Sab. Like it's really opportunistic to vote someone when you were really improving your read of them.

But I guess you had good reasoning with Wiisp/Sabrar TvS..... but at the same time, both have flipped town. . . . . . .
I already talked about this Sabrar was an player who was always in flux for me. I liked them more on day 2 but on the end of the day they got lynched their last couple of posts pinged me it sound like they were appealing to Boom to much, Wisp pointed this out also. I take stick in meta and Boom also did not disagree who also knew him and we now know he was town. The final part was that all my top town reads wanted him dead I had no real reason to fight it.

If I could go back I just hammer UP when given the chance and not let my better nature get to me I would.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Ok Wisp got hider and crier I gave him that because only person I knew also only had 12 hours to pick. I wanted him to try and dodge a night kill off it. Sadly ran stole it and died.

Ran got the tracker and voyeur because he was my top town and thought he might find scum with it.

Next I gave Z25 the vig bulketproof because he was next in my town list and we had a pretty tight POE at the time so wanted him to shoot into that and hopefully hit scum. Also he could save himself with it based off his death he clearly used the vig side

Next I gave UP messager physyo I gave him it because next in my list after his ATE got to me this was the night after the Sabrar lynch. The ablity to see the ablity to kill was a good one to help us catch scum. His whole thing today ruined that.

Pokechu got the doctor and RB this one is a bit dumb since the train on both are so negative. It can't do anything but save scum from a NK which counters my vig token.

Finally we have yours which is up to you if you want to claim it. That can help us win in a couple of ways.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Tbh I stopped talking during the night because I was honestly scared that Pokechu was going to die if I called him town too many times, but the game is basically solved in my book. Of course its easy for me to say because I only have one good option, but the same is not the case for Pokechu...

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Who would've thought that I'd be stuck in the final 4 with my three townreads and then the one I was wavering on dies.

There's still no way that its Pokechu. I'm just too terrified to vote and be wrong for the nth time after all the needless chaos that I've created.

Like the whole reason for my existence is to create a bunch of scenarios to illicit reactions and try to judge people based on these reactions because I can't do anything else well that's actually helpful. I'm not supposed to survive to the F3; I'm suppose to aid the townies who are left in the F3.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Usually the calm ones are scum. I hate that I'm not even trying to pull some psycho "that's what they want you to think" reversal. Town are prone to being reactionary and emotional. Scum already have all the answers to the test. Pokechu truly believed that he found scum yesterDay. Jack has been calculated this whole game.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Usually the calm ones are scum. I hate that I'm not even trying to pull some psycho "that's what they want you to think" reversal. Town are prone to being reactionary and emotional. Scum already have all the answers to the test. Pokechu truly believed that he found scum yesterDay. Jack has been calculated this whole game.
This is so BS don't make out I'm scum just because I did not have a breakdown midgame and ask for a modkill which is a dirty was to dodge a lynch to begin with. I'm so annoyed that I fell for that. The only way I have being calculated this game is on how to use my tokens to give us the best chance to win its not my fault that town wasted them. Well apart from Poke who caught you yesterday you tried to back out but we all saw you slip with the whole not being Rbed thing.

I was pushing laser from day one as my reads show, everyone else kept town reading him though and even in the CFD I would of came around to it if given time. He was pushing me all game also why would that happen if he was my teammate, also I would of not reacted to his stupid gaambit to look town on day one. He would of warned me about that, I got so much heat off that stupid thing what sort of teammate would set their teammate up day one.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Why did I ever think that LaserGuy and Jackrito WASN'T a likely team and how did I forget what made me think that that probably was the right answer
You never explained this because this was a fake read like all of your reads this game. You only came out with that after Boom said it first and even forgot about it yesterday after I pushed you on it. You have just being doing stuff from the top of your head all game. Your reads were not consitant because you were never scum hunting because you were unable to push people you knew were town because of the negative feedback you would get,

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
This is so BS don't make out I'm scum just because I did not have a breakdown midgame and ask for a modkill which is a dirty was to dodge a lynch to begin with. I'm so annoyed that I fell for that. The only way I have being calculated this game is on how to use my tokens to give us the best chance to win its not my fault that town wasted them. Well apart from Poke who caught you yesterday you tried to back out but we all saw you slip with the whole not being Rbed thing.

I was pushing laser from day one as my reads show, everyone else kept town reading him though and even in the CFD I would of came around to it if given time. He was pushing me all game also why would that happen if he was my teammate, also I would of not reacted to his stupid gaambit to look town on day one. He would of warned me about that, I got so much heat off that stupid thing what sort of teammate would set their teammate up day one.
Hmm... you're not wrong...

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I just can't see Poke as scum here his reevualtion througout the game make sense. if scum he would of just kept his scum read on me to protect his teammate also they was no need to flip to Lasor the way that he did . He was also commited to his Up read yesteday in all the chaos which seems now to be correct. If I'm wrong here he deserves the win. He did a great job of faking reads and coming across in a real way.

I also just refuse to lose to someone open wolfing for most of this game.

##Utopianpoyzin

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Actually, no. I'm not just going to freely hand out my benefit of the doubt; I've done that far too often and I really need to make a position.

As somebody who consistently makes posts filled with wine, there's a lot here. I also pushed my scummate D1 in Sorcerer's as Z25 was so gracious to recall many a time; I'm not calling you scum because of it, I'm just saying that the fact that you did so is not enough to convince me that you're town. He was pushing you all game because he was very clearly lower in the general town's eye in regards to him being in that fateful neighborhood, especially with Z25 looking extremely townie. In fact, I'd only say that LG was mostly townread on D1, so the fact that LG was able to try to push for you also isn't much to gawk at either. Whether or not LG warned scum!you is not in my realm of determination. I for one would ignore my scumchat for Days on end and let them decide what to do because that's the best way to not appear coordinated. So once again I'm not entirely impressed by your hypothetical situation.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
If scum here why don't I hammer you when given a chance no one would blame me there. Also why would I give town tokens that can actively punish me throughout, I was the only thing here giving town stuff to use at night. I would also give one to lasor mainly my vig token so we get a free kill. I used my tokens in the most productive way possible as shown in the post I quoted this morning. I still think last scum must have a way to counter my tokens and that is why I was able to give out two tokens but only one could be used.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
If scum here why don't I hammer you when given a chance no one would blame me there. Also why would I give town tokens that can actively punish me throughout, I was the only thing here giving town stuff to use at night. I would also give one to lasor mainly my vig token so we get a free kill. I used my tokens in the most productive way possible as shown in the post I quoted this morning. I still think last scum must have a way to counter my tokens and that is why I was able to give out two tokens but only one could be used.
I forgot to ask you to stop posting wine but I suppose its warranted because I've been doing it all game and to do so I'd be considered a hypocrite

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I forgot to ask you to stop posting wine but I suppose its warranted because I've been doing it all game and to do so I'd be considered a hypocrite
Its not wine its reasons, I'm not going to sit here and just do ATE. I refuse to lose to someone to open wolfing I put my case across it is up to Pokechu now, hopefully he makes the right choice.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Fine, let's call them reasons.

If scum here why don't I hammer you when given a chance no one would blame me there.
When would you have the opportunity to without it being correctly described as "sus".

Also why would I give town tokens that can actively punish me throughout, I was the only thing here giving town stuff to use at night.
Only you know that answer; who's to say you aren't required to give away one a night?

I would also give one to lasor mainly my vig token so we get a free kill.
Once again, there's no way of knowing whether you're allowed to give tokens to a scummate. Iirc, I don't believe LG ever received a token?

I still think last scum must have a way to counter my tokens
How so?

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Fine, let's call them reasons.

When would you have the opportunity to without it being correctly described as "sus".

Only you know that answer; who's to say you aren't required to give away one a night?

Once again, there's no way of knowing whether you're allowed to give tokens to a scummate. Iirc, I don't believe LG ever received a token?

How so?
well for the first one the time when Ranmaru told me to hammer you for one. I also could of done it yesterday but I can see that one stands up less.

This is a fair point I can't agrue this because in a world where I'm scum it would be easy to lie about.

I never gave lasor one because he was in my scumreads for most of the game same reason that Boom never got one until the very end. I have one left over but no one to give it to which would of being enough for everyone in the game never mentioned it because pointless now. The one left over is redirector and lighting rod which seemed a little bit too risky to give out. Based off some of my other tokens given out.

Well why else I be giving out 2 sided tokens then must be some reason for that.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
eh

sure

why not

I didn't expect votes to be thrown so quick but I do want to have postgame fun

:pikachu::pikachu::pikachu::pikachu::pikachu:

##Jackrito

@XIVII

##NO REGRETS

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
honestly i think jack's concern over the mafia being able to use the tokens was kind of weird. pinged me last phase. and I still think he was far too quick to hop on Sabrar, I don't really recall him trying to do anything to resolve Laser (despite him being his top scumread), and the whole psychologist gambit cannot come from scum!poy

Top Bottom