• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oasis Mafia - Over!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Oasis Mafia

Deadline
Day 1 will last 7 days.
Subsequent Days will last 5 days.
Nights will be 48 hours.

Voting
Use ##Player to vote. No other forms of voting will be counted.
Use ##Unvote to unvote.

No Lynch is not a voting option.
Votes are locked in Mylo/Lylo.

Lynching
Majority and Plurality

Activity
Post content at least once every 24 hours. Failing to do so will result in a prod. Failing to respond to a prod within 24 hours will result in a replacement. Prododge attempts will not be counted as content.

Restrictions
1) All the typical no cheating rules apply

2) Do not discuss the game outside of the game thread except for in designated areas or when authorized, EVEN IF YOU ARE DEAD. The mod will inform you privately when you are officially no longer a part of the game.

Green Room
Instead of a private green room this game, I'm going to experiment with players being allowed to post their thoughts in a public thread within spoiler tags. Players and non-players alike can post their thoughts in spoilers at any time in this thread in this manner. Additional rules and guidelines can be found in the room itself.

Last edited:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Additional Details
During the Day, if a player reaches a majority vote, they will be lynched. If no majority is reached by the deadline, the player with the highest amount of votes will be lynched. If there is a tie, the player who reached the highest amount of votes first will be lynched. If no one votes by the end of the Day a random town player will be killed.
Weekends (Saturday & Sunday) count as half a real-life day each.
During the Night, PM me Fast Night or No Fast Night. If everyone submits Fast Night, I will end the Night early.
  • There is exactly one uninformed majority (Town) and at least one informed minority (Mafia) with at least two members.
  • There are no bastardy roles in the game, including Jesters, Cults, and False Roles. There are, however, different philosophies on what is considered bastardy, so if you're wondering if I consider a role to be bastardy, feel free to ask.
  • If an alignment change occurs, Town will be publically notified that such a change occurred (but not who and to what).
If you have more than one personal ability, you may only use one in a single-phase unless otherwise stated. Shared abilities, such as the mafia Night kill are exempt.

Night Action Resolution

Commuting
Enabling
Motivating
Blocking
Redirecting
Protecting
Messaging
Gifting
Stealing
Killing
Recruiting
Investigating
The first 24 hours of Day is referred to as Dawn.

The first 24 hours of Night is referred to as Dusk.

Some actions may be required to be submitted during these times.
No cryptography. No unauthorized collusion. Don't quote private communication, especially from the mod. Don't use metadata such as time role PM's were sent. If you think something's questionable, just ask the mod before doing it.
Yes.
Yes.
Hello marshy, you are Xivii (SmashBoards), Town Macho 1-Shot Hero!

Gambit: Once, if a player overrides the normal lynch mechanic and you are lynched as a result, that person will be lynched instead.

Macho: You cannot be protected from kills.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Last edited:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Players
Pokechu (Maven)
UtopianPoyzin
Jackrito
Wiisp
3DSNinja
pythag
Sabrar
Ranmaru
LaserGuy
Z25
BoomFrog

Events
Game Start
Dawn 1 Ends
Day 1 Ends, Night 1 Begins
Pokechu Replaces Maven
Dusk 1 Ends
Night 1 Ends, Day 2 Begins
Dawn 2 Ends
Day 2 Ends, Night 2 Begins
Dusk 2 Ends
Night 2 Ends, Day 3 Begins
Dawn 3 Ends
Day 3 Ends, Night 3 Begins
Dusk 3 Ends
Night 3 Ends, Day 4 Begins
Day 4 Ends, Night 3 Begins
Dusk 4 Ends
Night 4 Ends, Day 5 Begins
Endgame

Vote Counts
Day 1: Page 1, Page 2, Page 3, Page 4, Page 5, Page 7, Page 9, Page 11, Page 13, Page 15, Page 18, Page 22, Page 23, Page 25, Page 30, Page 31, Page 32, Final
Day 2: Page 33, Page 38, Page 40, Page 45, Page 46, Page 48, Page 55, Page 56, Page 60, Page 61, Page 61v2, Final
Day 3: Page 63, Final
Day 4: Page 66, Page 71, Final
Day 5: Page 72, Final

Flips
3DSNinja - Sabrar, Town Neighbor - Executed D1
pythag - 3DSNinja, Town Ninja - Died N1
Sabrar - ExLight, Town Governor - Executed D2
Ranmaru - Mamboo07, Town Thief - Died N2
LaserGuy - BoomDog, Mafia Thief - Executed D3
Z25 - bessie, Town Neighbor - Died N3
BoomFrog - LogicoftheVI, Town Motivator - Executed D4
Wiisp - Funnier6, Town Seeker - Died N4
Jackrito - osieorb18, Mafia Inventor - Executed D5
UtopianPoyzin - LaserGuy, Town Insomniac - Survives
Pokechu - Jackrito, Town Strongman - Survives

Last edited:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Day 1 Begins!
A pretty chill place.

Vote Count 1.0
Not Voting (11)
Sabrar, Maven, UtopianPoyzin, 3DSNinja, Z25, Jackrito, BoomFrog, Wiisp, pythag, Ranmaru, LaserGuy

Notes
  • BoomFrog has yet to confirm. If anyone is in contact with him, please let him know the game started!
  • Feel free to add me on discord, it's the best way to reach me if you have any immediate questions! Zenni#0861
  • I presume no one is using the light theme since I haven't received any complaints about the font. If you are, I recommend switching to any of the other themes.

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to execute!

Deadline: Monday, April 20, 2:00pm EDT
Dawn ends Tuesday, April 14, 2:00pm EDT

Last edited:

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Hi
(filler because this site doesn't allow me to enter with just hi like I normally do)

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Eh I feel bad for making Jackrito my top scumread last time I played with them. Time to non-conspicuously change my RVS vote without drawing any attention to myself whatsoever because that's obviously the best move in the early stages of D1.

##Unvote

##Vote Sabrar

Didn't like their opener

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
in terms of telling me anything?
What has been your favorite opening so far Pythag Pythag
This is jumping the gun a bit, because not everyone has posted, and most people have only posted like a single word.

Meta/Tone wise yours reads 'townie UP' to me.

laserguy have you played with Jackrito before?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I wouldn't bother trying to find a meta to Jack
stick to the current game and leave it at that

Eh I feel bad for making Jackrito my top scumread last time I played with them. Time to non-conspicuously change my RVS vote without drawing any attention to myself whatsoever because that's obviously the best move in the early stages of D1.
I've never seen someone second guess there RVS vote...

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I wouldn't bother trying to find a meta to Jack
stick to the current game and leave it at that

I've never seen someone second guess there RVS vote...
Thanks for the tip.
I'm more interested in knowing the relationships between the players. I think that's a little more valuable.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
holy hell, the day 1 is a week long...
This is a serious post
are games this long a regular on this site?
Else I would recommend not burning yourself out

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
holy hell, the day 1 is a week long...
This is a serious post
are games this long a regular on this site?
Else I would recommend not burning yourself out
depends on whose running it usually, we have like 3 days or irl time but it can change.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Scale of openings because heck it I'm doing it

Bad -------------------- Meh -------------------- Good
Sabrar|LaserGuy|Pythag|Ranmaru|Wiisp|Z25|3DSNinja

This is my opinion which doesn't mean a whole lot but I'm just getting some brain juices flowing.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace

Wiisp

Smash Lord
LaserGuy LaserGuy
I hope you have a post restriction, but at the same time if that is your post restriction, I am truly sorry

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Honestly that vote switch is making me a bit more suspicious of UP. I could be wrong, but idk i think he rolled scum yet again

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Hello gentle people, it is so kind of you to offer us hospitality at your humble oasis. We bring you gifts, such as Sabrar's encyclopedia of all human knowledge, and my pleasant conversation. I see we will have many friends here, and a few enemies. Unfortunately, I must confese that we may have brought some enemies of our own. My humblest apologies.

##Sabrar

LeserGuy, it is always a pleasure. How would you rate these players on a scale of mpolo :confused: to Boomfrog :upsidedown:? Just dividing into two groups would be fine.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Hey BoomFrog, long time no see. Can't you see that LG is totally faking the post restriction? You know how amazing I am at spotting scum D1, you voting me means it's likely you're his buddy which makes me sad. I thought we could have a nice us vs them thing going on. Oh well.

Maven89

Smash Master
Hello I'm Maven

Well that's all the activity I can muster this game, see you guys in the post-thread where I declare myself MVP

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
:love:

Sabrar :tired::dizzy:
Ranmaru :tired:
Jackrito:tired:
Maven :tired:

UtopianPoyzin :upsidedown:
BoomFrog :upsidedown:
pythag :upsidedown:

Wiisp :confused:
3DSNinja :confused:
Z25 :confused:

##Wiisp
Why are you posting only emojis?

I find this very hard to believe as a restriction because

1) this barely conveys a message and is honestly character spam.

2) you can still post words with it.

That doesn’t add up no matter what way you look at it. If you can post words you don’t need emoji based answers.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Vote:3DS Ninja

States a suspicion on UP. Yet doesn't care enough to answer a question related to his suspicion.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sabrar, I am curious as to why you haven't talked about the setup at all by this point. Example we have plurality which means the person with the most votes dies if we can't make a decision. Random townie dies if this isn't the case.

Top Bottom