• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oasis Mafia - Over!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
How would my flip reveal what UP is doing?
Not necessarily reveal but it gives us a good idea. I already outlined scenarios to Ran above, but the bottom line is I can’t see all these things one coming from townies on top of other problems with the slot which makes me question them a lot.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Jackrito Jackrito Did you review Z25 yet? I don't think I see that.
I never reviewed him in full yet no. He was in my towncore so only did the peope I suspected today. If we messed up today I was going to review my towncore. He's in there because my only game with him he was scum and felt really different to this. I had him as a scum read most of the game, while in this I liked his early stuff from memory and got distracted by others.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh, I thought you were going to review Z over the weekend.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Oh, I thought you were going to review Z over the weekend.
If I did I really don't remember doing so, they was no real need for me to do it over weekend, since he is not really a lynch option today, and someone I don't see as scum right now either. I review during the night phase.

For the record as well my town core is him, you, Wisp and next closest would be Sabrar but the gap between those 3 and him is pretty big. It also depends largely on result of today.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm ready to start consolidating. Wiisp Wiisp Tell me if there's anything else you want from the day. Otherwise I think we just need Pokechu's updated thoughts.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Pokechu Pokechu Waiting on you, it's been a day.
shoot!!!! It has been a day!!!! I could swear I thought I had been posting more!!!

OK, I need to submit two assignments before midnight. Super close to being done with them. So gimme a few hours, three MAX (it's an essay pssssshh I got this!) and then I'll be here making posts. I might've been a litttlee overeager to replace in but I can definitely put out more content this phase + just be overall more consistent D3 after I catch up with all my work in the Night phase. Sorry I'm slacking right now!

For what it's worth, I'm kind of leaning towards there being 2 scum now, because I think a D3 LyLo is super super out there.

Poyzin's dropped to dead last in my read list, and I really don't think Sabrar is scum now because a Sabrar/Poy team seems unlikely. The slots I have my eye on now are Laser, Z25, or Jack.

Poy's recent posts are pretty wild and I'm 99% certain they're just intended to cause chaos but I do think that it's not a Boom/UP scum team. Maybe Boom's already convinced me as town but I can't get over that weird OMGUS vote and I don't see that interaction coming from SvS. This #639 also
Try to follow along with me as UP zigzags through logic.

Translation: "Im so blatently scummy you should realize I must be town."

Translation: "Finding me townie is scummy, I'm obviously scummy."

Translation: "Yes really, finding me townie is scummy, I never said you should find me townie."

Translation: "Finding me townie is townie."
It came after the OMGUS vote. I found that weird at first because it shows he kind of was lacking direction in regards to Poy. In#179 Poy is sitting at null for Boom. Boom's not making very many calls wrt Poy until Poy votes for him
UtopianPoyzin - Seems to be experienced and competent and acting reasonably. Won't be able to sort until later in the game. With so many new people to get a handle on I've kinda glossed over them.
Doing a post search (Looking for "UtopianPoyzin", limiting to only posts from BoomFrog) I don't see many posts that came before the OMGUS vote. That's what I found iffy, the two didn't interact much. But I think that reads as a town refocusing their attention after something's pinged them. If it was scum!BoomFrog and scum!Poyzin, he would have been able to calculate this push before Poyzin voting him. Like I don't see why he would need to be spurred by his partner bussing him. I'm sure Boom's played the game before LMAO he's not new!!!

I really need to reread D1 but right now I'm definitely siding towards lynching Poyzin first. That's what's part of what's been stopping me from posting I feel. I really want to look more into Laser, Jack and Z but I don't think I'll be able to put together as much as I'd like without diving into D1 again (which is hard to do while also doing assignments).

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Thank you Pokechu. I actually agree, I lean towards lynching UP now. I think Boom is scum, but I feel it's safer in the case I'm wrong, otherwise I'd be game throwing by lynching Boom and being wrong, when UP is intentionally sowing chaos.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
shoot!!!! It has been a day!!!! I could swear I thought I had been posting more!!!

OK, I need to submit two assignments before midnight. Super close to being done with them. So gimme a few hours, three MAX (it's an essay pssssshh I got this!) and then I'll be here making posts. I might've been a litttlee overeager to replace in but I can definitely put out more content this phase + just be overall more consistent D3 after I catch up with all my work in the Night phase. Sorry I'm slacking right now!

For what it's worth, I'm kind of leaning towards there being 2 scum now, because I think a D3 LyLo is super super out there.

Poyzin's dropped to dead last in my read list, and I really don't think Sabrar is scum now because a Sabrar/Poy team seems unlikely. The slots I have my eye on now are Laser, Z25, or Jack.

Poy's recent posts are pretty wild and I'm 99% certain they're just intended to cause chaos but I do think that it's not a Boom/UP scum team. Maybe Boom's already convinced me as town but I can't get over that weird OMGUS vote and I don't see that interaction coming from SvS. This #639 also

It came after the OMGUS vote. I found that weird at first because it shows he kind of was lacking direction in regards to Poy. In#179 Poy is sitting at null for Boom. Boom's not making very many calls wrt Poy until Poy votes for him

Doing a post search (Looking for "UtopianPoyzin", limiting to only posts from BoomFrog) I don't see many posts that came before the OMGUS vote. That's what I found iffy, the two didn't interact much. But I think that reads as a town refocusing their attention after something's pinged them. If it was scum!BoomFrog and scum!Poyzin, he would have been able to calculate this push before Poyzin voting him. Like I don't see why he would need to be spurred by his partner bussing him. I'm sure Boom's played the game before LMAO he's not new!!!

I really need to reread D1 but right now I'm definitely siding towards lynching Poyzin first. That's what's part of what's been stopping me from posting I feel. I really want to look more into Laser, Jack and Z but I don't think I'll be able to put together as much as I'd like without diving into D1 again (which is hard to do while also doing assignments).
Please kill me. I'm in no shape to continue playing this game, and there's nothing that a replacement can do to salvage anything. If I'm really your top scumread, you have no reason to not vote me here.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ignore him, take your time and put out the content you intend to do. No need to rush.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I got information telling me that I shouldn't ask to be modkilled, so ranmaru ranmaru I'm afraid that Boom and I cannot die during the same phase. Sucks to suck, but it is what it is.

I'm not very inclined to support my readslist with quotes and post numbers, but I'll still answer as many questions that I can.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Not necessarily reveal but it gives us a good idea. I already outlined scenarios to Ran above, but the bottom line is I can’t see all these things one coming from townies on top of other problems with the slot which makes me question them a lot.
Sure, it doesn't make sense for us to both be town. And if we are both scum then cool, town is rocking it. So the real tricky situation is if one of us is town. If that's the case
I'm not very inclined to support my readslist with quotes and post numbers, but I'll still answer as many questions that I can.
Just give me straight answers even if they are "bad" ones. You can't make things worse. No research needed.

Why did you disappear twice? Why have you played with the style you did?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Woops, forgot that first half of a post was still sitting there. I've got some questions for z25 but don't have time to write then out nicely with quotes.

Basically Z25 Z25 if exactly one of UP and I were town who would you want to lynch first and why?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Why did you disappear twice? Why have you played with the style you did?
My disappearances were not malicious. I was gone at the end of D1 for irl reason, and for D2 it was simply because I could not find it within me to continue to play at a high caliber. Making posts takes effort, which was something that I started feeling less compelled to do as the game progressed.

For the 18 months and 25(?) games of mafia that I’ve played, I have never played in the vein that I am right now. I hit my peak a while ago, and have been more and more cynical and defeatist since then. Sorcerer’s 11 was probably the last game where I was especially motivated, and my game has been steadily declining since then. My mannerisms and posting styles are not a valid testament to how I usually play, so hopefully you don’t get the wrong idea. I’ve just have not been enjoying myself in these games anymore, which is why I’m making the decision to stop. I did tell the host that I will finish this game, so I will do my best to fulfill my end of the promise. If it’s any consolation, you will no longer have to deal with me in subsequent games.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I've been playing since 2017 and I am still going strong
y'all talking about peaks lol

I am going to ignore these kinds of posts in reading you
Old Wisp probably argues these are maliciously trying to sway everyone's read on him
New Wisp does the sentence above the last

either way, I wish you the best moving forward

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I've been playing since 2017 and I am still going strong
y'all talking about peaks lol

I am going to ignore these kinds of posts in reading you
Old Wisp probably argues these are maliciously trying to sway everyone's read on him
New Wisp does the sentence above the last

either way, I wish you the best moving forward
You’re free to do so. It’s the truth however, but it is NAI in regards to my alignment and your interpretation of it.

Perhaps you have something to ask instead that COULD help?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
IDK man
this game has been a wild ride
idk where else to go right now
I need one of your flips

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Woops, forgot that first half of a post was still sitting there. I've got some questions for z25 but don't have time to write then out nicely with quotes.

Basically Z25 Z25 if exactly one of UP and I were town who would you want to lynch first and why?
If I put aside my theory Up is purposefully doing this and not for the reasons he says, ( because if he’s so committed to finishing the game he should actually try to finish it normally and not kill himself)

I would see him as town in that scenario and you more likely as scum. Because if Up is town his defeatist wine filled attitude gives us literally nothing to work with, because ultimately his reads won’t matter as he didn’t actually try with them and was being honest.

If he’s scum though we can learn a lot and go from there, but it’s just a matter of odds right now.

However you town or scum can give us a lot of good info. Especially if your scum in this scenario. As a player who was scum read by a lot of people we could see who didn’t read you that way and evaluate those slots better or we could look at those who started these accusations and see how their slot looks then.

Regardless I really hope we catch scum this phase but it’s been such a cyclone today that I dont even know what to believe anymore.

I still want to lynch you no offense because I believe the odds are you would be more likely scum.

But if Ran or anyone really wants to give me a solid reason for why UP is worth it more I’m all for it.

But right now I actually agree with Wiisp

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I really wish you'd said "irl reasons" a lot earlier. I wish you the best man, and I did have fun playing with you. Hope to see you around.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
why? would that really affect how you read him?
Of course. real life reasons are sacred and I will assume he's not lying about that. If he wasn't dodging on propose that changes things somewhat. Although without rereading I do think he's still scum. He was spastic for the sake of being spastic. I still can't think of many places with town intent from him.

UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin if I reread and decide I think you are town and take the lynch for you would you finish the game or just be mopy d3 anyway?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Because if Up is town his defeatist wine filled attitude gives us literally nothing to work with, because ultimately his reads won’t matter as he didn’t actually try with them and was being honest.
I’d like to think that you’re wrong here. While I can pinpoint my defeatism and can see how that is detrimental to town, I don’t think all is lost there. Those reads are what I truly believe. Please don’t get the wrong idea. It’s just that in the pay when I’ve played, I’ve always gone all out. Whenever I would look into a player, I would do a COMPLETE iso and break down every single post. These posts would take hours upon hours for me to make, and I’d end up dedicating too much time just for it to be put to waste. At that point, I simply say “what’s the point of doing that.” I’m still confident in Sab’s scummy was, Boom is likely scum as well, I feel like y’all have been giving Wiisp too much slack (even though they are likely town and I’m just paranoid), and I don’t understand the high confidence in Ran’s towniness. My most recent readslist is pretty accurate, although I put Wiisp purposely low in the null zone to bait a reaction. Even if I don’t have my list of quotes and evidence, it really is what I believe. If you choose to not give it credit, that is your own prerogative. While I’m still in the game, my alignment is just as confirmed as schrödinger’s cat, so it can’t be trustworthy. But when I flip town, you’ll see that my mindset was townie all along. That’s why I feel like I have no choice but to die so that the air can be cleared and the game can be solved.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325

now i agree with wiisp

we got people making deals to tank lynches intended for other people

what the hell is this game lmao :joyful:

Wiisp

Smash Lord
"Sacred"
more like they should just be ignored
There are better things to read people off in a game of mafia, like what they do that isn't out of game
honestly the fact that he even mentioned asking to be mod killed is like wtf
like **** man

what is this game

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think that's our safest bet right now, in all this chaos.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
In fairness to Boom, that's certainly a standard they hold in XKCD.

Top Bottom