• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oasis Mafia - Over!

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Oh yeah btw my readslist is obviously wrong because Boom could very well be a wolf, and I don’t see how LG pairs with Sab. However, I would say that LG has done a fine job distancing, so the lack of connecting interactions could be chalked up to a good scum play rather than constantly pinging your scummate.

With that being said, Ran might not even be the third. The third might even be Boom or someone in my townreads.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Jackrito Jackrito

Boom (3) - Wisp, UP, Z25[L-2]

UP (2) - Boom, Sabrar, Laser [L-2]

Laser (1) - Jack

Z25 (1) - Chu

Not Voting: Ranmaru

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think it's safer to lynch UP over Boom because he was the one posting frantically to seem like he's trying to save a buddy. In the case I'm wrong on Boom, I'd rather lynch UP first.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think I'm more confident in UP being scum here than Boom from the recent pages.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Why are town!yall screwing yourselves over by limiting all possibilities to me or Boom?
so where are the wolves then?
Make a full team without me and Ranmaru
and I will kindly humor the possibility
that you two are w/w or w/v

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Why are town!yall screwing yourselves over by limiting all possibilities to me or Boom?
well we see you both as potential scum and rather lynch in the POE. If we let both of you live we just have a another day of this nonsense, If you are both town as unlikely as that is you never die at night, so the uncertaintly carries on . This is basic mafia lynch in the POE and review if you mess up.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
because wolf!Ranmaru here would be one of the best wolves I have ever seen
able to make all these cases on all these people, re-evaluate over and over
push new scum reads

especially not after hearing the meta I was given, just no, like no offense to him, but no

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
push new scum reads

especially not after hearing the meta I was given, just no, like no offense to him, but no
Fair enough. I’d personally say that Sab and LG are a good place to start looking, as the third is likely in my townreads and is scooting by undercover. At that point, I’d say Pokechu could potentially make sense as a third, but that’s if I trust you here.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Yeah, I suppose that if I die, Sab and LG should be the prime suspects. If those are both hits, then Pokechu could be the third. That’s all while assuming the player list shrinks and shrinks until there are 3 left, which is where I imagine this game will reach.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’d like to think that you’re wrong here. While I can pinpoint my defeatism and can see how that is detrimental to town, I don’t think all is lost there. Those reads are what I truly believe. Please don’t get the wrong idea. It’s just that in the pay when I’ve played, I’ve always gone all out. Whenever I would look into a player, I would do a COMPLETE iso and break down every single post. These posts would take hours upon hours for me to make, and I’d end up dedicating too much time just for it to be put to waste. At that point, I simply say “what’s the point of doing that.” I’m still confident in Sab’s scummy was, Boom is likely scum as well, I feel like y’all have been giving Wiisp too much slack (even though they are likely town and I’m just paranoid), and I don’t understand the high confidence in Ran’s towniness. My most recent readslist is pretty accurate, although I put Wiisp purposely low in the null zone to bait a reaction. Even if I don’t have my list of quotes and evidence, it really is what I believe. If you choose to not give it credit, that is your own prerogative. While I’m still in the game, my alignment is just as confirmed as schrödinger’s cat, so it can’t be trustworthy. But when I flip town, you’ll see that my mindset was townie all along. That’s why I feel like I have no choice but to die so that the air can be cleared and the game can be solved.
This is honestly a lot like how I’m viewing your slot right now. Before I still would have probably not voted for you. I did get the feel you might be burned out which I get it. I hope to see you back when your ready, it’s just not doing anything today when you wanted to be committed makes me feel like you should have opted out of playing no offense.

I still disagree with lynching you today because boom is a better flip.

That said I don’t want you in the game if you are just looking to do no offense.

I do think odds are you are more townie currently but if I’m wrong oh well. I stand by my choices. I think regardless of the outcome this will open the game up.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
it’s just not doing anything today when you wanted to be committed makes me feel like you should have opted out of playing
I agree I probably should have opted out, but I was feeling good when I signed up. It’s in the past now. I really don’t want the impression to be that I’ve been useless this entire game, which I truly don’t believe. There’s enough content to pick out what I really believe, even if I unintentionally made it difficult to do so.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I do think odds are you are more townie currently but if I’m wrong oh well. I stand by my choices. I think regardless of the outcome this will open the game up.
No offense, but this is the cowards way out. I do believe that you are surely town because you’ve been playing the same way you have been as town, but it’s surprisingly easy to predict a mislynch before it happens. It’s hard for the person on the bottom to crawl out, because they would naturally be assumed to be scum and therefore be given no benefit of the doubt. At that point, it becomes the responsibility of the voting townspeople to prevent such an occurrence from happening. I agree that there aren’t currently any better options (besides potentially Boom), but if you’re going to stand by your choices, you better not second guess them at the last minute.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
FWIW I enjoy you in any game Poyzin. If you're town I'd be surprised but I can't fault you for doing some of the things you did (like #2020). If scum, you had me at first. Not feeling inspired is why I took almost a year long break from playing games here (before I played Flavorless in March this year I think my last game here was Fire & Ice in May 2019. And then I played Championships in the summer). You're a pleasure and barrels of fun to bounce with. Take a backseat and take it easy for a bit! LOL :laugh:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
FWIW I enjoy you in any game Poyzin. If you're town I'd be surprised but I can't fault you for doing some of the things you did (like #2020). If scum, you had me at first. Not feeling inspired is why I took almost a year long break from playing games here (before I played Flavorless in March this year I think my last game here was Fire & Ice in May 2019. And then I played Championships in the summer). You're a pleasure and barrels of fun to bounce with. Take a backseat and take it easy for a bit! LOL :laugh:
You wanna hammer? Or do you not want to join the wagon with your scummates? :demon:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wiisp Wiisp I'll just remind you that UP had me as null. That's a thing to tip to you that UP is scum again.
Up also has some very intriguing thoughts and actions regardless of alignment. He could be scum here sure but I doubt. Although I think he could actually point out the team for us.
push new scum reads

Your forgetting something important though, When Hosting Ran has given a lot of great feedback on the players in their game from a in game perspective and not a host perspective. They aren’t your average player by any means. Scum Ran absolutely could trick town it’s just a matter of is this the case here?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
No offense, but this is the cowards way out. I do believe that you are surely town because you’ve been playing the same way you have been as town, but it’s surprisingly easy to predict a mislynch before it happens. It’s hard for the person on the bottom to crawl out, because they would naturally be assumed to be scum and therefore be given no benefit of the doubt. At that point, it becomes the responsibility of the voting townspeople to prevent such an occurrence from happening. I agree that there aren’t currently any better options (besides potentially Boom), but if you’re going to stand by your choices, you better not second guess them at the last minute.
Oh I’m not second guessing, in fact I’m confidence a boom flip solves a lot of problems

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also for the record if we Lynch Up I think the same results can be gleaned as from Boom but I think Boom is the scum of the two, making him a more important lynch.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If you want us to change opinions Ran then give us actual reasoning. Because otherwise there’s no need to end it early unless you want to explain why it would work.

But one point isn’t good enough.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I’m probably going to look bad for saying this if Boom flips scum, but I’m realizing that Pokechu is playing the same way they were in Flavorless. Fool me once shame on me, but fool me twice, shame on you. I don’t want to go for Pokechu rn, but Pokechu makes a lot of sense as a third scummed. And to think that I townread them an hour ago.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m probably going to look bad for saying this if Boom flips scum, but I’m realizing that Pokechu is playing the same way they were in Flavorless. Fool me once shame on me, but fool me twice, shame on you. I don’t want to go for Pokechu rn, but Pokechu makes a lot of sense as a third scummed. And to think that I townread them an hour ago.
Care to explain more? And right now my hypothetical team as of the lynch today will include them, but I’m interested in your thoughts

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think UP has had multiple issues Day 1. The reads list not making sense, is the first point. His absense in EOD, and during Day 2, is the second point. His lack of motivation to read and progress the town, is the third point. The Hi! (Which was underlined, by the way). He says he lost will power, but nothing pushed him in this game to do so. All an act. He's scum, who couldn't explain why his actions come from a town mindset.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
unvote z vote poy

good night guys Embarrass

Anyways in case someone actually DOES hammer I wasn't able to put out much content once finishing my essays (nooo :() but I feel I'm obligated to at least do this

Wiisp
Ranmaru

Sabrar
Boom

Z25
Laser
Jackrito

Poyzin

I'm leaning towards town for the first 4. Z I don't like specific posts of but if I made a hipshot right now for his alignment it'd be town. I think Poyzin's scum and the two likeliest candidates for the second are Laser and Jack. One of those two, since I'm feeling there's two scum and I don't think Laser and Jack are the same alignment. Though I feel like I'm holding Jack's vote on Laser (I think it was like #54?) against him too much because it's one of the few things I do remember from D1 and in contrast I can't recall much of Laser's posts so I'm going to reread and put some more thoughts together. Readlist will change by the end of it, would be surprised if it doesn't!

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
##Unvote

Yes I object to ending the day 24 hours early. Wtf? We are finally getting somewhere new. What's your rush?

Top Bottom