• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oasis Mafia - Over!

Wiisp

Smash Lord
lmao...
two roles that only work if given abilities
and I got the abilities because?

I am trying to imagine who targets me with the abilities I got, unless its someone who thinks I am town

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Yo what if this is multiball? Does that change anything? Xivii said there was at least one scumteam so I wouldn’t be surprised if the teams were 2 and 2 or something. I’ve been assuming 3 scum, but maybe there’s four? That would give me 4 scum reads, which clearly differentiate from my 4 town reads.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I am waiting for Ranmaru to pop in, and then completely killing my wim

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
or they are given out by the mod at random?
I think you were probably given them. I did not receive any tokens last night, but maybe my insomniac bit WAS a token? I didn’t consider it to be one at the time, and assumed it was just my role. I suppose that would make this more interesting.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
unannounced multiball? I did not sign up for this
did nobody else get items?
if so, there is probably one centralized item giver? or its a mod thing
which means Z25/UP both being town, makes 3 of towns PRs literally useless
which means mafia probably arent strong at all

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
or they are given out by the mod at random?
It’s possible but that usually comes with a message mentioning the mod giving you it. Other times it will say another player but it does depend on host.
Yo what if this is multiball? Does that change anything? Xivii said there was at least one scumteam so I wouldn’t be surprised if the teams were 2 and 2 or something. I’ve been assuming 3 scum, but maybe there’s four? That would give me 4 scum reads, which clearly differentiate from my 4 town reads.
That’s a lot of scum though for this size. There could be a third party and scum team but I don’t know about two full teams

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I think you were probably given them. I did not receive any tokens last night, but maybe my insomniac bit WAS a token? I didn’t consider it to be one at the time, and assumed it was just my role. I suppose that would make this more interesting.
Well tokens are normally one use. So I doubt insomniac was one unless you were told

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I really doubt this is multi ball. Normally hosts say in my exp anyway. It is also too small for town to have a real chance.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Jackrito Jackrito
like I said in my little wall on you
I just dont see wolf!Jackrito fence-sitting on Ninja, since you love pushing bad town and mistakes, and are pretty good at it
its literally a free mislynch and I dont think wolf!Jack just tries to push off it
it makes no sense

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I really doubt this is multi ball. Normally hosts say in my exp anyway. It is also too small for town to have a real chance.
Third party would definitely be more balanced then multi ball here. Scum may also just not have good kits. Like last game Pythag was scum but a postman and Pokechu was the roleblocker for scum.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also I wonder could flavor claim solve this for us? Not role claim but the claim of who we are user wise

Wiisp

Smash Lord
##vote Boom

Ninja (6) - Laser, Ran, Jack, Wisp, Z25, Boom [L-0]

Sabrar (1) – Utopian

Boom (1) – Ninja

Maven (1) – Pythag

Not Voting (2) Maven, Sabrar

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So after the flip I looked at my role pm. And realized Osie is a mod this game.

Osie’s first(?) game on here was Token Mafia.

Could that mean these tokens are Osie’s doing?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
So after the flip I looked at my role pm. And realized Osie is a mod this game.

Osie’s first(?) game on here was Token Mafia.

Could that mean these tokens are Osie’s doing?
maybe, he appeared in my role pm too, and I was confused lol

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Anyway Pokechu Pokechu you have been viewing the thread and you liked one of the recent posts. So you’ve been reading I assume.

You caught up?

If so I’d like to hear your thoughts.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
uggh this is why I think liking and "Viewing the thread"
is super anglely

I refuse to look at those things

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
uggh this is why I think liking and "Viewing the thread"
is super anglely

I refuse to look at those things
I mean you can turn off this feature, so if someone is choosing to use it there is no harm in asking imo

Wiisp

Smash Lord
well this is a Smash site first, I made sure to make myself invisible all the time
but disabling liking in this section of the forum probably isn't a thing the mods care enough to do
since this is a very small sub section probably

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also in just checking the OP again this stuck out:
  • There is exactly one uninformed majority (Town) and at least one informed minority (Mafia) with at least two members.
  • There are no bastardy roles in the game, including Jesters, Cults, and False Roles. There are, however, different philosophies on what is considered bastardy, so if you're wondering if I consider a role to be bastardy, feel free to ask.
  • If an alignment change occurs, Town will be publically notified that such a change occurred (but not who and to what).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also in just checking the OP again this stuck out:

• There is exactly one uninformed majority (Town) and at least one informed minority (Mafia) with at least two members.
  • There are no bastardy roles in the game, including Jesters, Cults, and False Roles. There are, however, different philosophies on what is considered bastardy, so if you're wondering if I consider a role to be bastardy, feel free to ask.
  • If an alignment change occurs, Town will be publically notified that such a change occurred (but not who and to what).
Also this was just something I figured I would mention as it’s worth noting if we are discussing other factions potentially

Wiisp

Smash Lord
the only faction change I could see, would be a lost wolf joining the mafia team
that's like the only non-******* alignment change I can think off
and I wouldn't consider that an alignment change
but the last sentence doesn't even imply there has to be one

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
the only faction change I could see, would be a lost wolf joining the mafia team
that's like the only non-******* alignment change I can think off
and I wouldn't consider that an alignment change
but the last sentence doesn't even imply there has to be one
There are roles that let a player take someone else’s alignment for a day but I don’t think that’s at play here

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
UtopianPoyzin has been mod killed. He was...
I am a little embarrassed about how long it took me to realize this was a joke.

I'm LaserGuy from xkcd, and I'm the town insomniac. Maybe that means something to you LaserGuy LaserGuy LaserGuy LaserGuy , but we out here chillin regardless.
Best guess it's because Xivii knows that I tend to play around/after midnight.

ya I get that, I hate it
if he keeps his consistency up this day phase
then I am really not interesting in voting him
I tunneled him in my last game because of this
I learned my lesson
In the one game I played with scum!Ran, he did not play like this. He was an SK and had other stuff going on concurrently so his play may have been more lethargic than usual regardless of alignment, but Xivii gave a pretty strong meta read at the time that Ran's scum game is typically pretty weak.

Im bessie the delayed neighbor. Any action I take at night is delayed to the next night. Except the problem is I have no ability. This is why I soft claimed as I was positive an item dealer was in play to interact with my role.
I’m still weary on this. An item dealer supposedly and they can’t by lunched. Considering most item dealers have Bullet Proofs and trackers, that’s a big PR if at play here and that’s the items
I'm not sure we should be discussing claims right now unless we are doing a proper full claim. This is just leaking information and probably helps scum more than Town.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Yeah, agreed we should REALLY stop claiming in general. Also, I'm VERY confident Ran is town, so can we please move past that paranoia?

Without further claiming. Z25 Z25 why did you feel the need to essentially claim worse then vanilla town? You should be aware vanilla town claiming is bad for town, right?

Sabrar Sabrar We have some more headbutting to do before I trust you but I need to go to bed like an hour ago. How can games like WoTIII where I spent all of day 2 defending Vicarin and the two cop theory not spring to mind? I spend like half of my games vigorously defending someone no one else trusts.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Town
Ran - for sure
Wiisp - for sure
Z25 - probably, but I should reread

Jackrito - town glimmer but no strong opinions
LaserGuy - I need a lot more strong opinions they I can judge. I bet I can guess his role though. No need to confirm toDay if I'm right.

Scum
Maven/Snoopy - waiting to see
Sabrar - needs headbutting
Up - role could be any alignment. Why did you disappear for the end of D1? Not trying to solve the game.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
How can games like WoTIII where I spent all of day 2 defending Vicarin and the two cop theory not spring to mind?
Because I was scum in WoT3, knew Vicarin was scum and simply didn't care about any arguments any of you made.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm not getting any more out of this. Move sabrar up to above Jack. He was really really trying to give Ninja a chance to explain themselves better or show consistency. I don't think scum Sabrar puts that much effort into saving town Ninja.

Sabrar Sabrar Why would UP kill Pythag? Pythag was suspicious of us and trusting of UP.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
TOWN [Z25 > Sabrar > Jack > Wisp > UP | Pokechu | Laser > Boom] SCUM

No Change with Z. I liked his push to lynch Ninja, because it seemed townie to risk his position in the neighborhood. Generally more active than I've seen him in our previous game where he was scum.

Sabrar: His position lowers because of his #915. He asks me why Boom being scum invalidates my case of Ninja, and how I can resolve my #405 from Town!Ninja. This doesn't make sense when he believes Ninja is town. He also drops because of his #524. (Finding Ninja town yet not defending him and trying to convince me why I am wrong) I ask him if he sees my point on Boom likely positioning himself on Ninja's flip, and he states that he can see Boom suggesting slips for Ninja so he can argue as town later, implying Ninja!Scum + Boom!Scum. (When I was arguing Boom!scum > Ninja!Town) Still a town read because he is consistently scumhunting, yet weaker. Upon a Boom scum flip, Sabrar is more likely to be scum. His point on LaserGuy is also weak. ("Feels more invested this game") when he is actually pretty under the radar.

Re-evaluating Jack, I think they are more likely to be slight town. Mostly due to them being present, their #170, and their intearction with Ninja. At a point, it felt like they were going under the radar, but there are other slots that actually applies to more so than Jack. I think them being willing to follow me, makes them harder to read, but that's just following in general.

I think they also are comfortable with their interactions with Wisp, which I don't think they'd openly do as scum together. Jack has been doing some scum hunting, but less than Sabrar I would say. Still good questions. (For example, his #910)

Wisp's actions make more sense now as Ninja flipped town. His actions wouldn't make his slot look good upon Ninja's flip, and it does look more un-informed. Yet Wisp is low in my town list because of the lack of vote, and only slight scum hunting / sorting. I think his #1,057 is due to lack of close reading, but this isn't abnormal for Wisp. I am curious why he changes to Wisp over Boom, though.

UP moves up because as I stated before, his tone is town, and compared to his sorcerer game, this game has more progression of thought than in sorcerers, where he didn't out reads until prompted. His inactivity in EOD made sense in combination with his role, where he can speak at night. It's also a very risky move to make if he were scum. I can say that he should have used his role to make an analysis and full reads list, instead of simply responding to Sabrar's case on him. It would be better used that way. (Since he can re-evaluate with the flip in mind, and still post) Doesn't make him less town, but I think he could have used the role better.

Maven = Pokechu now. As stated before, I don't believe scum in Maven's position calls me out, when it would give me their attention. It would be more beneficial to Maven as scum to lurk to remain under the radar. So I have him as null, but hopefully Pokechu can give us a better read.

Laser is scum for doing a gambit that gives him a good read, and a good appearance, and then being more lack luster than Jack. It was also odd to see Laser not comment on Sabrar v Boom, which I feel would be important for him to do so since he should have meta on Sabrar and Boom. There's no real other posts I can point to that reveals Laser as scum. It's simply that Laser's motivations lean toward a scum motivation of 'appearing town' without doing much else to progress town. Laser's #1231 also gives me the feeling that he seems to not have an un-informed feeling, not trying to sort or do anything, sort of just sitting there waiting for the flip.

Boom is scum for positioning himself to look good on Ninja's Town Flip, by defending him hard. Yet it's not defending him fairly, but hard past the point of him even believing it. He originally stated in #173 that he felt Ninja was caught newb scum, but then reversed that due to the claim. Yet in #350, the perspective that makes more sense, is the scum one. But his points for the town-ninja side, are weak, and aren't enough for him to believe in it. Especially points one and two. Two is the big one, because it's hard to believe he'd confuse the host for Wisp. (Given they have different avatars) Now #811 is an interesting point which leans scum. He points out that what I was countering with (in theory) was me going into wifom territory. Which implies he hadn't thought of it, which reinforces my point that he was only considering the side where scum wouldn't be coaching Ninja to act as he had, because he had no reason to consider the scum side, he is informed. #709 is an example of him only focusing on the neighbor claim and not the rest of his play.

His #1108 is the only push of the game that I can actually believe, and has good points. Everything else seems forced. My general feeling was considering he may have been just a wrong townie, and I would re-evaluate why he was pushing forced reads on (Wisp, Ninja). In his #1064 he states that wisp is trying to solve, but I don't really see that. He doesn't factor in that Wisp hadn't used his vote for part of the day, and I feel like he's neglecting that to force it. His #829 is also forced, as I have already explained. His reason for lowering Pythag for not sticking to his own opinion is weak, since he has no prior history with him.

Top Bottom