• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oasis Mafia - Over!

Wiisp

Smash Lord
What’s a role token? I take it that it’s a game mechanic that I’m unaware of. Could you give me a synopsis? (Not asking for a roleclaim, just what the tokens are)
I mean they're just roles?
I was given a 1-shot token of [redacted]
and a 1-shot token of [redacted]

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I liked Z25 yesterday but that was more because he felt different to Token where he was scum. The lack of voting is a worry though. On the weekend when I'm free I will reveulate him and everyone else.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Yeah, if you don't see the issue with that then I can't help you man.
No I do see the issue, because you can’t know for sure whether I’m lying or not. Sadly for you though, I’m not lying. I don’t know anything about role tokens. That is my entire role. I’m just saying I’m confused how you’re still resolved to pushing me.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
given I can't die today
I am not at all worried about pressure
y'all can test this and try hammering me at one point if you still think I am a wolf

Jackrito Jackrito
I kinda do want to get a read on UP based on his content as well
mechanics can be deceiving, and bravado isn't really hard to fake as a wolf

Jackrito

Smash Ace
given I can't die today
y'all can test this and try hammering me at one point if you still think I am a wolf

Jackrito Jackrito
Especially if someone's town game is based off it which Ranmaru appears to be. They are way better reasons to clear him.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
are you saying there are better reasons that exist in this game to town read?
or is that just a general statement of, "Mechanics and tone are ****" lol

Jackrito

Smash Ace
are you saying there are better reasons that exist in this game to town read?
or is that just a general statement of, "Mechanics and tone are ****" lol
What I'm saying is the way Ran is moving the game foward and pushing everywhere is more of a town thing. Then he had confidence in his lynch which is easily fakeable.

Well in general everything is fakeable but Ran has a progressive play that makes sense as town.

It just felt like a lazy way to try and clear someone.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
ahh, ya Ranmaru being a wolf is still like deep levels of tinfoil
UP's conclusion there is just kinda weird?
its not like anyone was thinking, "Ranmaru is probably a wolf here"
so idk why there was focus there

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
i dont hate it?
The Maven read is a little questionable though, can you help me there?
Maven does what Maven do. I do like their final posts concerning 3DS and my wagon, and I suppose that their skepticism could be a result of information in the game. However, I did share many of the same sentiments with them, even if they weren’t here the whole day. Because of this, I’m inclined to say that they are probably above a null read. Quality is more important than quality, and I can firmly recall all of Maven’s stances. I cannot day the same for Z25, as an example.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I very much doubt that UP is mafia if he originally started with the insomniac role
I say started because I was given two tokens that I couldn't use given that my ability was compulsive
there really isn't a need to say what those abilities are
I will say that Sabrar didnt lie about his flavor, still ain't sure what that means in terms of his alignment though
So if what I’m understanding is right, your exactly what I was looking for with my Role.

Im bessie the delayed neighbor. Any action I take at night is delayed to the next night. Except the problem is I have no ability. This is why I soft claimed as I was positive an item dealer was in play to interact with my role.
EDWOP for Z25
You literally took a god damn back seat to pretty much all of day 1, didn’t vote anyone because u didn’t want to put Ninja close to L1? What about his partners, what about anyone? Like where the hell is the town motivation in not voting anyone?

accidently posted it
I would not call my play back seating when I contributed a lot to the thought process of town yesterday and put out some solid content. Votes do not mean everything and should not be the main focus for a slot’s read

Now that I think about it, he’s doing that thing where he tries not to attract attention. I remember him posting but don’t remember anything in particular that he’s done tbh. Now that town went full-on wiseguy and voted out a neighbor, the odds that we hit scum in Z25 are much higher if we give into the “scammer in the hood” theory. I’m down to try it tbh, we can go Sabrar next time
Good now that your here you want to explain to me why your role claim is not what that role actually is in mafia?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
lmao I remember saying something about z25
and Ranmaru was just like, "Z25 IS TOWN"
and I still have no idea why that is a thing
I will argue that yes Z25 hasn't done anything wolfy, outside thinking no voting makes him a wolf
which I will say, not voting at all is garbage if he is town
that he really isn't "townie"

Jackrito

Smash Ace
ahh, ya Ranmaru being a wolf is still like deep levels of tinfoil
UP's conclusion there is just kinda weird?
its not like anyone was thinking, "Ranmaru is probably a wolf here"
so idk why there was focus there
I said this day one if Ran is a wolf I worry about it in the late game. I'm treating him the same way I treat Cross atm. I have paranoia on the slot., but they move game foward so much it harms town too much if wrong.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Maven does what Maven do. I do like their final posts concerning 3DS and my wagon, and I suppose that their skepticism could be a result of information in the game. However, I did share many of the same sentiments with them, even if they weren’t here the whole day. Because of this, I’m inclined to say that they are probably above a null read. Quality is more important than quality, and I can firmly recall all of Maven’s stances. I cannot day the same for Z25, as an example.
Then you should pay a damn good amount of attention next time.

Maven made like 10 posts tops, I have probably triple that, if not more. No wonder why it be easier.

Super weak reasoning to trust Maven on that especially when you claimed to re read the t he was last night. Clearly you didn’t pay enough attention.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
contributed a lot my ass
you made nice-sounding posts
you are very articulate with your words, I will give you that
which probably inflates the towniness of your posts

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Then you should pay a damn good amount of attention next time.

Maven made like 10 posts tops, I have probably triple that, if not more. No wonder why it be easier.

Super weak reasoning to trust Maven on that especially when you claimed to re read the t he was last night. Clearly you didn’t pay enough attention.
the shade is strong in this one

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Good now that your here you want to explain to me why your role claim is not what that role actually is in mafia?
I mean I found insomniac on MU
it's different yes
but like Why doesn't he just claim his actual role, if he is in fact lying here?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
contributed a lot my ass
you made nice-sounding posts
you are very articulate with your words, I will give you that
which probably inflates the towniness of your posts
Articulate and me definitely do not go in the same sentence during mafia lmao. Go read some of my older games

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Articulate and me definitely do not go in the same sentence during mafia lmao. Go read some of my older games
you were really well-spoken in sorcerer
maybe its your own self-bias so you dont think so, but that was pretty much why you pocketed me in that game

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
it's different yes
but like Why doesn't he just claim his actual role, if he is in fact lying here?
Considering Up loves the mafia wiki, I’m guessing there’s a rare role like this that is aimed at scum, akin to how godfather reads townie, this would let scum look better. Combing the Wiki now so I can find answers

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Why is it completely different to yours? Because if I had to guess your name is different and you want that hidden
I can post during the night. This is mod confirmed. Give me a role that can do that. There is none to my knowledge. My role is called the insomniac. That’s all there is to it. I don’t have any reason to call it something different, “UnLeSs Im MaFiA”.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
you were really well-spoken in sorcerer
maybe its your own self-bias so you dont think so, but that was pretty much why you pocketed me in that game
I was definitely better speech wise there but the quote in my sig is there for a reason lol

Jackrito

Smash Ace
it's different yes
Perhaps host just went with the literal meaning and is treating it like a trait instead.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Considering Up loves the mafia wiki, I’m guessing there’s a rare role like this that is aimed at scum, akin to how godfather reads townie, this would let scum look better. Combing the Wiki now so I can find answers
There is a redirect from “Insomniac” to “Watcher” that was created by a single purpose account to make one edit about their own insomniac role, which was quickly reverted to a redirect. “Insomniac” is never mentioned as an alternative name, and the redirect is hardly official.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
given I can't die today

Jackrito Jackrito
I’m still weary on this. An item dealer supposedly and they can’t by lunched. Considering most item dealers have Bullet Proofs and trackers, that’s a big PR if at play here and that’s the items

Wiisp

Smash Lord
There is a redirect from “Insomniac” to “Watcher” that was created by a single purpose account to make one edit about their own insomniac role, which was quickly reverted to a redirect. “Insomniac” is never mentioned as an alternative name, and the redirect is hardly official.
that's mafia scum, on MU the insomniac role is a self-voyeur? I believe voyeur is the one that sees actions

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I’m still weary on this. An item dealer supposedly and they can’t by lunched. Considering most item dealers have Bullet Proofs and trackers, that’s a big PR if at play here and that’s the items
Did he not say he was given the tokens though.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
idk if its an item dealer or what it is
all I know is I got two tokens
if I am a wolf with those actions already, I am not putting myself in a spot which pretty much requires me to claim them at one point
given they probably wouldn't look that town anyways

Top Bottom